PDA

View Full Version : Baseball: Bryce Brock

The Federalist Engineer
02-08-2020, 05:04 PM
I?m seeing that Brock is only listed as an OF now on the roster.

He had pretty good summer of pitching, why would this good LHP prospect suddenly be all OF.

Is there an unannounced injury?

Commercecomet24
02-08-2020, 05:24 PM
I don't know about if he won't pitch anymore but the kid is a heckuva an athlete. He Can fly and has a good bat and obviously a plus arm. Hope we haven't eliminated him from pitching completely though.

WSOPdawg
02-08-2020, 06:50 PM
Didn't he have a hand or finger injury a couple weekends ago? Maybe this is factoring into him being a pitcher or not.

Todd4State
02-08-2020, 07:08 PM
Didn't he have a hand or finger injury a couple weekends ago? Maybe this is factoring into him being a pitcher or not.

He did have a finger injury but the decision for him to focus on the outfield was made before that. I think this is mostly about a young player focusing on one position rather than two at least at the moment.

HoopsDawg
02-08-2020, 07:22 PM
Coaches felt like he could be a factor in LF. Things were going well until he broke his finger. Now it looks like Pimentel will be the LF. I'm sure Brock will pinch run and see some time in LF if/when Landon Jordan plays 3B. Right now we have to have Jordan and Pimentel's bat in the lineup.

Todd4State
02-08-2020, 07:26 PM
Coaches felt like he could be a factor in LF. Things were going well until he broke his finger. Now it looks like Pimentel will be the LF. I'm sure Brock will pinch run and see some time in LF if/when Landon Jordan plays 3B. Right now we have to have Jordan and Pimentel's bat in the lineup.

If Kamren James holds his own at the plate he will be the third baseman. It's a question mark at this point though.

HoopsDawg
02-08-2020, 08:27 PM
If Kamren James holds his own at the plate he will be the third baseman. It's a question mark at this point though.

That was my point. James at 3B, Pimentel in LF, and Jordan at DH.

When Jordan plays 3B, Pimentel can DH and Brock or Cumbest can play LF. Cumbest is just getting so many fewer reps than everyone else due to football.

Homedawg
02-08-2020, 10:01 PM

Brock played today.

TALL DAWG
02-08-2020, 10:53 PM
Brock played today.

I heard today that Hancock, our catcher, has a hurt throwing arm.
Anyone know about this?

Todd4State
02-08-2020, 10:55 PM
Anyone know about this?

I believe he has been playing this weekend. I knew he had some type of an injury but I heard it was pretty minor.

Homedawg
02-08-2020, 10:59 PM
Anyone know about this?

He's fine. Played both games this weekend. He's my breakout player this year.

Todd4State
02-08-2020, 11:01 PM

I could see it. He takes good at bats.

HoopsDawg
02-09-2020, 12:27 AM

I'm going with Hatcher. I hope Tanner catches vs lefties.

Todd4State
02-09-2020, 01:12 AM
I'm going with Hatcher. I hope Tanner catches vs lefties.

I'm always leery about freshmen catchers. Especially since we don't have a ton of experience on the mound outside of Ginn.

OLJWales
02-09-2020, 10:27 AM
sorry for the thread hijack but I'm trying to remember a H.S. freshman who is a big guy and was launching homers from the batting machine and is a State fan. Can't remember how long ago it was but people were talking about him being a sure bet to go in the 1st round once he graduated. Anybody know who I'm thinking about?

HoopsDawg
02-09-2020, 05:41 PM
sorry for the thread hijack but I'm trying to remember a H.S. freshman who is a big guy and was launching homers from the batting machine and is a State fan. Can't remember how long ago it was but people were talking about him being a sure bet to go in the 1st round once he graduated. Anybody know who I'm thinking about?

Blaze Jordan?

OLJWales
02-09-2020, 05:55 PM
Blaze Jordan?

Thanks Hoops, that may the guy I'm thinking about. I just googled him but he looks different. Looks like he lost a lot of fat based on my memory watching him take batting practice a long time ago, (maybe 3 years ago?)

Do we have a shot at him coming to school? I remember people saying he would go straight to the pros out of high school. And that was when he was a freshman jacking towering HR's.

OLJWales
02-09-2020, 06:01 PM
Blaze Jordan,

we got a chance to get him to State?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC4zb6vYXNE

OLJWales
02-09-2020, 06:03 PM
Here he is hitting a 500 foot HR at age 13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr__M3MOD5Y

HoopsDawg
02-09-2020, 06:04 PM
Thanks Hoops, that may the guy I'm thinking about. I just googled him but he looks different. Looks like he lost a lot of fat based on my memory watching him take batting practice a long time ago, (maybe 3 years ago?)

Do we have a shot at him coming to school? I remember people saying he would go straight to the pros out of high school. And that was when he was a freshman jacking towering HR's.

He's worked hard on his nutrition and shaping his body. His parents own a healthy foods/nutrition store. I would say he is most likely going to MLB. He did reclassify as a senior this year. He's supposed to be a junior. So that helps our chances a little. He's always wanted to play for State. And he's from the Dulins Dodgers organization. They have put a ton of players in the Maroon and White. We have another signee rated even higher, Austin Hendrick. I expect we will lose both to the draft. Hendrick's for sure.

Todd4State
02-09-2020, 06:41 PM
Blaze Jordan,

we got a chance to get him to State?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC4zb6vYXNE

There's a chance we get him to State.

OLJWales
02-09-2020, 07:09 PM
There's a chance we get him to State.

Thank you Todd for keeping the flock's ass wooly.

https://i.postimg.cc/xdK2NLwv/Sheep-ASS-photo.jpg