PDA

View Full Version : XFL

CadaverDawg
02-08-2020, 02:41 PM
Do we have many guys in the XFL? I know Fitz, but who else? What team are you guys pulling for, if any, and why?

CadaverDawg
02-08-2020, 02:42 PM
I see guys like John Ross and Eli Rogers....did they have to quit the NFL to play XFL?

KOdawg1
02-08-2020, 02:47 PM
Fred Ross and Dillon Day are on Seattle.

Nick James, Johnathan Calvin, and Beniquez Brown are some others but idk what team they're on

Dawg2003
02-08-2020, 02:50 PM
I think Seattle plays today at 2 on ABC.

AmiteDog
02-08-2020, 03:02 PM
Lol. Dillon Day just dropped the first f bomb of the XFL

Statecoachingblows**
02-08-2020, 03:03 PM

Beat me to it haha

DawgNamedScuba
02-08-2020, 03:03 PM

Great Moment!

DawgNamedScuba
02-08-2020, 03:04 PM
Not gonna lie. Enjoying this game.

AmiteDog
02-08-2020, 03:06 PM
Fred Ross and Dillon Day are on Seattle.

Nick James, Johnathan Calvin, and Beniquez Brown are some others but idk what team they're on

Don?t see Fred Ross on the roster. And he just tweeted something like you haven?t seen the last of me.

AmiteDog
02-08-2020, 03:07 PM
Not gonna lie. Enjoying this game.
I actually like the kickoff. Seems like a very good idea

Leeshouldveflanked
02-08-2020, 04:01 PM
Fred Ross got cut.

DownwardDawg
02-08-2020, 04:26 PM
Pretty cool what I’ve seen so far. Haven’t caught much of it though.

RocketDawg
02-08-2020, 04:31 PM
Pretty big crowd for the Xperimental Football League.

According to Wikipedia, they're playing in Audi Field in the Washington area. It's a soccer stadium that seats 20,000.

Shotgun might take a look at their overhangs for shade (presumably) that he's keen on for Davis Wade.

RocketDawg
02-08-2020, 04:36 PM
The head official looks familiar. Is he NFL or maybe out of one of the college conferences?

Duckdog
02-08-2020, 06:40 PM
Its been pretty damn good football in this houston game

Cooterpoot
02-08-2020, 07:07 PM
I've enjoyed watching it. It's so so squirrely as the last time. Cool logos John.

Quaoarsking
02-08-2020, 07:21 PM
I was entertained enough by it, but I think the best bet to survive long-term would be to place the teams in cities that don't have NFL and don't aspire to. For example, today's game was played in DC, but the football fans there are already totally committed to the Redskins. They're not going to divide their loyalties with the Defenders. The only XFL city without an NFL team is St. Louis, but those fans are unlikely to really invest their feelings in an XFL team and will just hold out for an NFL expansion/move.

Since they're playing in smaller stadiums anyway, they should have set up in Double A-ish towns that have no real NFL aspirations. Those teams could really build a relationship with their cities.

defiantdog
02-08-2020, 07:45 PM
I see guys like John Ross and Eli Rogers....did they have to quit the NFL to play XFL?

You're seeing Rashad Ross ...... John Ross is still under contract with the Bengals.

defiantdog
02-08-2020, 07:50 PM
I was entertained enough by it, but I think the best bet to survive long-term would be to place the teams in cities that don't have NFL and don't aspire to. For example, today's game was played in DC, but the football fans there are already totally committed to the Redskins. They're not going to divide their loyalties with the Defenders. The only XFL city without an NFL team is St. Louis, but those fans are unlikely to really invest their feelings in an XFL team and will just hold out for an NFL expansion/move.

Since they're playing in smaller stadiums anyway, they should have set up in Double A-ish towns that have no real NFL aspirations. Those teams could really build a relationship with their cities.

Teams are based on cities that are highly populated. There are only 8 teams currently. Their goal is to expand if this season proves successful. But you won't see cities like Birmingham, Memphis, Jackson, etc getting any teams. They don't have the population to support it. They were smart this time around though..... They have experienced personnel running the show now.

Todd4State
02-08-2020, 08:22 PM

I wish the Jacksonville Jaguars would move to St. Louis. I know it probably won't happen.

I would like to see the NFL consider some teams playing in dual cities- Chargers in San Diego/LA, the Raiders in Oakland/Las Vegas, Bills in Buffalo/Toronto, Jaguars in Jacksonville/London and the Arizona Cardinals in Phoenix/St. Louis.

MaroonFlounder
02-08-2020, 08:53 PM
Teams are based on cities that are highly populated. There are only 8 teams currently. Their goal is to expand if this season proves successful. But you won't see cities like Birmingham, Memphis, Jackson, etc getting any teams. They don't have the population to support it. They were smart this time around though..... They have experienced personnel running the show now.

San Antonio should be included in expansion.

coachnorm
02-08-2020, 08:58 PM
I wish the Jacksonville Jaguars would move to St. Louis. I know it probably won't happen.

I would like to see the NFL consider some teams playing in dual cities- Chargers in San Diego/LA, the Raiders in Oakland/Las Vegas, Bills in Buffalo/Toronto, Jaguars in Jacksonville/London and the Arizona Cardinals in Phoenix/St. Louis.

Worst kept secret is Jacksonville is moving to London. Probably agreed upon a couple years ago by the powers that be. They just added their second home game there?

Todd4State
02-08-2020, 09:50 PM
Worst kept secret is Jacksonville is moving to London. Probably agreed upon a couple years ago by the powers that be. They just added their second home game there?

They've certainly played there a lot. I kind of wonder from the NFL point of view with all of the NFL fans over there that pull for random teams if it makes more sense to just send random teams over there rather than have one local franchise?

timotheus
02-08-2020, 09:52 PM
I enjoyed the 2 XFL games today.

Quaoarsking
02-08-2020, 10:05 PM

All 3 of those cities could draw crowds of ~20,000 easily (the capacity of several XFL stadiums), and would be more likely to continue to do so after the novelty wears off.

Take those 3 cities, along with places like Little Rock, Albuquerque, Boise, Fargo, Des Moines, Waco, etc., and you could build something that lasts. Also assign players geographically to get fan interest even higher (balancing the talent levels out with players from other regions).

RocketDawg
02-08-2020, 10:11 PM
San Antonio should be included in expansion.

San Antonio would be a good NFL city if they ever expand. Maybe a team between them and Austin - over 4 milllion in the two metros. But San Antonio has that dome they built but never really used, so that would have to be their home.

Liverpooldawg
02-08-2020, 10:17 PM

You nailed it.

coachnorm
02-09-2020, 12:07 AM
They've certainly played there a lot. I kind of wonder from the NFL point of view with all of the NFL fans over there that pull for random teams if it makes more sense to just send random teams over there rather than have one local franchise?

I hear and respect your point of view, but I am just looking at the lowest common denominator which is money grab. When Shad Khan stakes his share in London, he has sole possession which is almost as wealthy as New York. Could you imagine New York with just one NFL team? So Khan has London at 8 million plus the rest of the island of about 60 million. Also factor the television rights play into effect? Do you really think that Tottenham Stadium included NFL accommodation for just 2 games. That stadium has dedicated administrative spaces for an NFL team? Just following the money.

Todd4State
02-09-2020, 01:21 AM
I hear and respect your point of view, but I am just looking at the lowest common denominator which is money grab. When Shad Khan stakes his share in London, he has sole possession which is almost as wealthy as New York. Could you imagine New York with just one NFL team? So Khan has London at 8 million plus the rest of the island of about 60 million. Also factor the television rights play into effect? Do you really think that Tottenham Stadium included NFL accommodation for just 2 games. That stadium has dedicated administrative spaces for an NFL team? Just following the money.

I could see the NFL playing one game a week there as well if they wanted to do that. It seems to me like if the NFL was going to move the Jaguars to London they would have just gone ahead and pulled the trigger on it. The NFL has options. If they had one team in London- that's a six hour time difference from CST. That would be pretty rough for one team. They would almost need an American base of operations for road games.

Lord McBuckethead
02-09-2020, 01:24 AM
Fitz is on a team. I thought St. Louis.

Cooterpoot
02-09-2020, 05:14 PM
If you want to see at least a similar scheme to ours, watch Dallas. Mumme is calling the plays.

hacker
02-09-2020, 05:14 PM
Fitz is backup to Ta'amu :(

DawgNamedScuba
02-09-2020, 09:12 PM
https://twitter.com/xflbattlehawks/status/1226678261868060678?s=21

Fitz being Fitz....

OLJWales
02-09-2020, 09:24 PM
Shoulda known they were playing a few miles from where I live, shoulda gone. Don't understand the complaints based on what I saw on the T.V. Saw a MSU guy recover a fumble. I like the live mikes. but was wondering what would keep the opponents from hearing the live calls from the coordinators from what I watched on t.v. , wasn't too bad. I guess going to the games would be a disadvantage vs watching on T.V.? Do the coaches have the same live takes on their opponent's play calling?

I actually like a punt team not being able to advance downfield until the punt is kicked.

coachnorm
02-10-2020, 12:12 AM
I could see the NFL playing one game a week there as well if they wanted to do that. It seems to me like if the NFL was going to move the Jaguars to London they would have just gone ahead and pulled the trigger on it. The NFL has options. If they had one team in London- that's a six hour time difference from CST. That would be pretty rough for one team. They would almost need an American base of operations for road games.

With the NFL evolving to London, the league will want to hand over daily operations to a team. This way the NFL is not the overseer, it will be the Jaguars. I believe that there will be two teams realigned and they will be Miami and Jacksonville. This will put the three closest teams in the US towards London. That will close up distance 3 of the 4 yearly league games. The Jags will play blocks of away games just like they will do next season. When the Jaguars become London's home team, they will play blocks of away games in the US. The NFL will like the time difference because the East Coast will get 10 AM football just like on the West Coast. The West coasters will simply DVR the 7 AM games and just stay off the internet and pretend they are watching live? I understand about pulling the trigger but remember Tottenham Stadium has just been finished and it is the NFL venue?

One more thing for fellow elitedoggers, the British House Of Commons has actually discussed tax relief for NFL players. The London Mayor is promoting the NFL heavily. and viewership is heavy in the UK. A lot is probably happening behind the scenes?