PDA

View Full Version : What about the QB from Starkville?

Matt3467
02-08-2020, 12:51 PM
Luke Altmyer. I see he has an offer from us but he's committed to Fla St. Is this someone we really want and why isn't he coming to us? I doubt this is an AJ Brown type of deal $$$ but you'd think the hometown kid would stay home especially when his school just picked up the top passing offense in the nation.

BhamDawg205
02-08-2020, 12:54 PM
Was his offer from us QB, WR, or athlete?

Matt3467
02-08-2020, 12:56 PM
Was his offer from us QB, WR, or athlete?

I honestly don't know. He's in the 247rankings as a ProStyle QB so I'd assume he'd probably stay there.

RiverCityDawg
02-08-2020, 12:58 PM
Luke Altmyer. I see he has an offer from us but he's committed to Fla St. Is this someone we really want and why isn't he coming to us? I doubt this is an AJ Brown type of deal $$$ but you'd think the hometown kid would stay home especially when his school just picked up the top passing offense in the nation.

We were not pursuing him.

BhamDawg205
02-08-2020, 01:06 PM
At QB he may get buried on the depth chart. If that's his thinking Georgia Tech probably would have been easier route.

gravedigger
02-08-2020, 01:35 PM

Altmyer will be used as an excuse for people who don't like Leach's results. He's a good athlete and could probably compete for playing time, but he isn't the world beater his offers indicate. It's not devastating to me that he's leaving town. But he is not a perpetual backup either.

Madisonmd
02-08-2020, 02:23 PM
His offer list is a bit confusing. There is a question of the ability to commit to some of these offers.

Cooterpoot
02-08-2020, 02:40 PM
Altmyer will be used as an excuse for people who don't like Leach's results. He's a good athlete and could probably compete for playing time, but he isn't the world beater his offers indicate. It's not devastating to me that he's leaving town. But he is not a perpetual backup either.

He's basically Brennan 2.0. I'll be surprised if ever wins the starting job there.

deadheaddawg
02-08-2020, 02:50 PM
but you'd think the hometown kid would stay home .

Why would you think that?

Most high school kids actually want the opposite. Most high school kids like to leave home for college

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
02-08-2020, 10:40 PM
He's basically Brennan 2.0. I'll be surprised if ever wins the starting job there.

Hebert says Altmyer can spin it...

Ari Gold
02-08-2020, 11:33 PM
I doubt he ends up at FSU and I doubt he ends up here.. best of luck to him