PDA

View Full Version : Opinions? If Leach took over

SmokeyDawg
02-08-2020, 04:57 AM
I know the hypotheticals get old but I have seen several non sec guys as well as fans say he isn't an upgrade for us.

I think different because of the product we saw from start to finish with Moorhead (imo he will be great one day but we can't afford to fall behind a few years to get a fit system).

After Mullen. Would Leach have won more than 8 games? (May have been discussed but I don't pay too much attention to the vomiting keyboards around here sometimes)

All things considered:
Inherit a sec rush leading qb
Bring in a transfer QB...
#1 defense
Etc, etc

With inheriting a top 10 defense in the country how many games do you think he would win?

I don't expect us to compete for Atlanta every year but I surely don't expect a MSU team to play as soft and unprepared as we saw.

I'll take 6 wins this year if we see a prepared team that's knocking every other team on their ass..ets. and play with confidence.
At State we need a guy that can get the most out of his players.

If they see this as a lateral move they are ignorant.

Cooterpoot
02-08-2020, 07:54 AM
The only people that don't believe we made a great hire are those that think State sucks regardless. The Barrett Salleys of the world. 17 those losers.

Todd4State
02-08-2020, 08:25 AM
With Leach and Minchew I think we go 10-2 at worst and possibly 12-0. We only allowed LSU 17 in Baton Rouge and Alabama 24 in Tuscaloosa. I'll say 11-1 with the loss being Alabama.

yjnkdawg
02-08-2020, 10:46 AM
I could care less what the non SEC guys or "so-called fans" say about our hire. CML is a Big Time "Home Run" hire for MSU.

gravedigger
02-08-2020, 12:27 PM
I know the hypotheticals get old but I have seen several non sec guys as well as fans say he isn't an upgrade for us.

I think different because of the product we saw from start to finish with Moorhead (imo he will be great one day but we can't afford to fall behind a few years to get a fit system).

After Mullen. Would Leach have won more than 8 games? (May have been discussed but I don't pay too much attention to the vomiting keyboards around here sometimes)

All things considered:
Inherit a sec rush leading qb
Bring in a transfer QB...
#1 defense
Etc, etc

With inheriting a top 10 defense in the country how many games do you think he would win?

I don't expect us to compete for Atlanta every year but I surely don't expect a MSU team to play as soft and unprepared as we saw.

I'll take 6 wins this year if we see a prepared team that's knocking every other team on their ass..ets. and play with confidence.
At State we need a guy that can get the most out of his players.

If they see this as a lateral move they are ignorant.

What you describe is a symptom of polarized thinking. That is to say that any choice represents opposite results. It's terribly flawed.

What would have happened is as impossible to know as humans are to predict. 100 kids reacting to a new coach has many possibilities.

One thing is for sure: discipline plays a major role in cohesion. Leach is very adamant about it. Moorhead wasn't. It was questionable with Mullen. (I know this through working at MSU)

Example: expectations were sky high with Moorhead in August of 2018 and they were not accurate. It lead to his early firing.

How Leach succeeds at MSU has to do with how quickly the team buys into the culture he and his assistants set. THEN it depends on talent.

What if? Is a brutally poor question to ask.

How will we respond to what has happened? Is a more appropriate one.

R2Dawg
02-08-2020, 08:23 PM
With Leach and Minchew I think we go 10-2 at worst and possibly 12-0. We only allowed LSU 17 in Baton Rouge and Alabama 24 in Tuscaloosa. I'll say 11-1 with the loss being Alabama.

With a better O and #1D I would like our chances that year on Bama. Refs screwed us royally but if we could have got some O that day we upset Bama.

R2Dawg
02-08-2020, 08:24 PM
I could care less what the non SEC guys or "so-called fans" say about our hire. CML is a Big Time "Home Run" hire for MSU.

Most I know, recognize that Leach was a home run hire.

Todd4State
02-08-2020, 08:38 PM
With a better O and #1D I would like our chances that year on Bama. Refs screwed us royally but if we could have got some O that day we upset Bama.

It would have been a toss up for sure. I agree on that 100%. I don't think the officials would have allowed us to win though. It probably would have been a similar score to 2014 MSU/Alabama. Of course if we're undefeated going into that game it may have been a little different. Minchew probably would have been in the Heisman discussion. Unfortunately it will always be another "what if?" in MSU football history.