PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi State football coach deletes tweets critical of Romney: 'Just asked quest

Extendedcab
02-07-2020, 03:04 PM
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/481986-mississippi-state-football-coach-deletes-tweets-critical-of

ShotgunDawg
02-07-2020, 03:06 PM
Not shocking that a low post count poster decided to at last start this thread here.

Honestly, who cares? I sure don't.

My guess is that ever SEC head coach voted for Trump. Not at all an issue IMO

Extendedcab
02-07-2020, 03:10 PM
Hey shotgun, give me time, I just joined this Board a few weeks ago. I have to get my post count up there to match yours. Or is this your Board only?

Come on, give a fellow Dawg a break will you. Don't be a HOG!

Extendedcab
02-07-2020, 03:11 PM
The only reason I posted this is I hope he does NOT get in trouble by the PC crowd, that is all.

ShotgunDawg
02-07-2020, 03:11 PM
Hey shotgun, give me time, I just joined this Board a few weeks ago. I have to get my post count up there to match yours. Or is this your Board only?

Come on, give a fellow Dawg a break will you. Don't be a HOG!

I don't know you from Adam, but I do know that this is the exact type of post a shitbird would make early into their ED tenure.

ShotgunDawg
02-07-2020, 03:12 PM
The only reason I posted this is I hope he does NOT get in trouble by the PC crowd, that is all.

Or you posted it because you were disappointed not more people were talking about it?

Either way, who cares what Leach's political beliefs are? I sure don't.

Extendedcab
02-07-2020, 03:13 PM
Yep I think the other posters are correct ... you are an ASS!

Extendedcab
02-07-2020, 03:15 PM
Yep, you can post topics you want but let others post one yo don't like and you drop your drawers!! Way to go!

MrKotter
02-07-2020, 03:15 PM

So bringing more attention to a subject helps it go away? Regardless, who gives a damn about a coaches political views. In this case, however, he's dead on.

ShotgunDawg
02-07-2020, 03:16 PM
Yep, you can post topics you want but let others post one yo don't like and you drop your drawers!! Way to go!

I'm not stopping you from posting. Just offering an opinion that your post brings into question your loyalties

Extendedcab
02-07-2020, 03:18 PM
NO, but ignoring does not make it go away either. The PC crowd will see to that.

ShotgunDawg
02-07-2020, 03:19 PM
NO, but ignoring does not make it go away either. The PC crowd will see to that.

Who gives a 17 about the PC crowd?

I smell shitbird

And just FYI, if you are a shitbird, the Enforcer will go in dry on you. So you may want to delete this account ASAP

FISHDAWG
02-07-2020, 03:23 PM
maybe CML is thinking ahead to jumping over to UNLV or U-Mass **

MrKotter
02-07-2020, 03:23 PM

How is he not being PC? Mitt is a dirtbag, greedy, two faced, lying POS. He's merely pointing out the obvious

Extendedcab
02-07-2020, 03:30 PM
Hey Shotgun, from the many threads and post abut ML and he being the greatest hire, potentially anyway, since Kang, does it give you cause for concern if posts of this nature from ML could get him fired? It does me, I am concerned that the PC crowd in his chain of command or those that give a lot of $ to MSU or that have great influence with MSUs administration (board of higher learning, etc.), would take offense to his tweet?

He just got here and I sure do NOT want to see him leave, not even involuntarily.

DeputyDawg94
02-07-2020, 03:30 PM
He should be able to tweet what he wants to just like the rest of us. Those who don’t agree with his opinion don’t have to follow. I don’t agree with lots of celebrities so guess what? I DON’T follow them.

The country would be better served if Mitt went ahead and swapped parties like McCain should have. They both have betrayed the people they are supposed to represent.

Todd4State
02-07-2020, 03:31 PM
The thing that makes this a little different is Leach has known Trump personally for years. That adds a different dynamic to it.

Extendedcab
How is he not being PC? Mitt is a dirtbag, greedy, two faced, lying POS. He's merely pointing out the obvious

I agree whole heartily.

Todd4State
He should be able to tweet what he wants to just like the rest of us. Those who don’t agree with his opinion don’t have to follow. I don’t agree with lots of celebrities so guess what? I DON’T follow them.

The country would be better served if Mitt went ahead and swapped parties like McCain should have. They both have betrayed the people they are supposed to represent.

I blocked Jamele Hill because she was stupid and I got tired of people responding to her showing up on my timeline.

Extendedcab
02-07-2020, 03:33 PM
The thing that makes this a little different is Leach has known Trump personally for years. That adds a different dynamic to it.

If he deleted his tweet, he must be getting pressure from somebody in the university. Otherwise, why delete it as was said previously, he is only pointing out the obvious.

ShotgunDawg
02-07-2020, 03:36 PM
I blocked Jamele Hill because she was stupid and I got tired of people responding to her showing up on my timeline.

Hill was a racist on twitter. Pretty big difference

StateDawg44
02-07-2020, 03:52 PM
Or you posted it because you were disappointed not more people were talking about it?

Either way, who cares what Leach's political beliefs are? I sure don't.

You mean like how A&M came in and took McKinnley??? This is rich coming from you. According to you, he is just raising awareness.

Even threw in the classic, 'this has got to be an OM troll because they have a low post count' insult.

StateDawg44
02-07-2020, 03:53 PM
Who gives a 17 about the PC crowd?

I smell shitbird

And just FYI, if you are a shitbird, the Enforcer will go in dry on you. So you may want to delete this account ASAP

And do what??? Ban him?

runwildjerious
02-07-2020, 04:10 PM
Listen, I am probably in the top percent of liberal MSU fans. Thing is, I don?t come here to talk politics. We will not change each others minds and that?s fine. We all want what?s best for MSU and that?s all that matters here.

In regards to Leach, I had a few people contact me about it after we hired him wondering if I was ok with it. Absolutely I am! We live in a free country (thank the good Lord) and I don?t care what political affiliation my coach has. I just want them to do right by MSU.

I would like to start seeing conservatives and liberals compromise and work together to move this country forward. We all (conservatives and liberals alike) try to pass these purity tests and demean everything and everyone that disagrees with us and it doesn?t get us anywhere. Leach is a smart dude and has a big personality and opinions. Why in the world would this ever be a bad thing for us?

FISHDAWG
02-07-2020, 04:16 PM
Listen, I am probably in the top percent of liberal MSU fans. Thing is, I don?t come here to talk politics. We will not change each others minds and that?s fine. We all want what?s best for MSU and that?s all that matters here.

In regards to Leach, I had a few people contact me about it after we hired him wondering if I was ok with it. Absolutely I am! We live in a free country (thank the good Lord) and I don?t care what political affiliation my coach has. I just want them to do right by MSU.

I would like to start seeing conservatives and liberals compromise and work together to move this country forward. We all (conservatives and liberals alike) try to pass these purity tests and demean everything and everyone that disagrees with us and it doesn?t get us anywhere. Leach is a smart dude and has a big personality and opinions. Why in the world would this ever be a bad thing for us?

Agreed ... football should transcend politics ..... and now here's where I would insert a GIF of Three Dog Night singing Shambala if I knew how

dawgs
02-07-2020, 04:20 PM
He should be able to tweet what he wants to just like the rest of us. Those who don?t agree with his opinion don?t have to follow. I don?t agree with lots of celebrities so guess what? I DON?T follow them.

Bro, if McCain and mitt are liberals, then the center is about 90% too far to the right.

Rule of thumb: if you put a different letter in the parentheses after the name and consider the facts, would you arrive at the same conclusion. If this had been Obama or Hillary with otherwise the exact same facts, I feel like all the folks calling mitt a traitor would be championing him instead. Judge the process, not the result. I hope y'all liked those Dershowitz arguments because they'll be used to justify anything a president wants to do for the rest of our lives and that's gonna include (D) presidents.

DEDawg
02-07-2020, 04:26 PM
Bro, if McCain and mitt are liberals, then the center is about 90% too far to the right.

Rule of thumb: if you put a different letter in the parentheses after the name and consider the facts, would you arrive at the same conclusion. If this had been Obama or Hillary with otherwise the exact same facts, I feel like all the folks calling mitt a traitor would be championing him instead. Judge the process, not the result. I hope y'all liked those Dershowitz arguments because they'll be used to justify anything a president wants to do for the rest of our lives and that's gonna include (D) presidents.

This started off MSU related but I'm thinking you took it past that here. Friendly reminder: https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?79854-The-Politics-forum-here-is-closed-however

dawgday166
02-07-2020, 04:33 PM
Cut the new guy a little slack y'all. I didn't see anything that made me think he was one of those damn Webs.

Lord McBuckethead
02-07-2020, 04:42 PM
My two cents as a business owner. People are free to post whatever stupid ass opinions they want on social media, but any post has a potential negative and/or positive impact on my business. For all of my employees that deal with my clients or potential clients, I expect a level of decorum in their public statements and actions.

Coach Leach has a giant microphone to talk from in direct reference to our university. If any of my employees were out there for or against Trump for example....either way.... would force me to have a discussion with them. For instance I have clients that choose project to project whether I would be their chosen firm. Just like we have future players making a choice on which school to commit to. In no way do I want my employees jeopardizing that relationship, and we should not want our MSU ambassador to do the same.

It's a business. And unfortunately a person in his position, with the thin line of margin of failure, we cannot afford to miss on a guy based on his twitter feed. Either way, pro trump anti-trump. So lets keep it light, funny, and focused primarily on football.

MadDawg
02-07-2020, 04:50 PM
I hope y'all liked those Dershowitz arguments because they'll be used to justify anything a president wants to do for the rest of our lives and that's gonna include (D) presidents.

But yet not a mention of the democrats lowering the bar of "high crimes and misdemeanors" so far low, that any president now or in the future will most likely be impeached at some point if the opposition party holds the house.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-07-2020, 04:58 PM
This thread is way too political and needs to be locked. OP is obviously a shitbird and needs to be banned. Lol "I posted it to ED because I dont want people seeing it" makes no sense; BAN HAMMER TO THE SHITBIRD.

and stop talking politics people

Extendedcab
02-07-2020, 04:58 PM
I did not mean to start a political debate here, I simply raised concern for ML that he was under pressure from MSU administration to delete his Tweet - otherwise why delete it given the candor in which is known to speak. I don't want to see him fired for this. That is the extent of my intent in posting this - nothing more. I am simply raising awareness. End of story!

MSU Class of 82

Not a Shitbird or Web or old piss fan.

DeputyDawg94
02-07-2020, 05:28 PM

They need to change parties. Mitt runs on the R ticket and does nothing. I?m just saying if he wants to be a D then make the move. It?s fine with me. I?m not mad at him but people vote for him expecting to get conservative representation.

Lets try letting people tweet what they want to. It?s a free country. If he loses followers because of it that?s on him. He?s grown. Same way I feel about Kap. He?s grown and can deal with the reactions to his decisions weather I agree with them or not.
Again if you don?t like it don?t follow.

ETA there?s a reason I never visited the political board so I?m leaving this conversation.
Republicans, Democratic, Independent, black, white, hispanic, Christian, atheist, agnostic, gay, straight, bi, or what the hell ever you want to identify as I don?t care. HAILSTATE!!!

DownwardDawg
02-07-2020, 05:31 PM
Who gives a shit? If this surprises anyone then they don?t know anything about Leach. He?s a huge Trump supporter and doesn?t give a shit about what anyone thinks. Stop posting about it. This is a sports board.

bulldawg28
02-07-2020, 05:32 PM
Leech did the right thing by deleting his tweets. He's a representative of Mississippi state now. If the university doesn't publicly state political agendas neither should a representing official.

chef dixon
02-07-2020, 05:33 PM
Dumb on his part to get involved publicly like that and dumb for us to continue discussing it. Need to just lock this thread.

BeardoMSU
02-07-2020, 05:37 PM

You should've been here back when Dan would constantly talk about his Scientology bull shit.**

https://media.giphy.com/media/l2SpRpqUfLTDavDTa/giphy.gif

[This is a non-story]

Quaoarsking
02-07-2020, 05:47 PM
Everywhere this has been discussed online has been the same pattern. Conservatives are like "oh no the mobs are going to shut him down or get him fired!" and liberals are like "no, we really don't care."

Talk about inventing a problem out of thin air. Mullen had pro-Trump tweets too and nobody threw a fit.

PCHSDawg
02-07-2020, 07:18 PM
And do what??? Ban him?Dryly

SilentSteel16
02-07-2020, 07:38 PM
So because someone has a “low post count,” they are a shitbird? He simply posted something to this board and made a statement. I have a low post count as well, but I would put my number of degrees from MSU and that of my immediate family up to count for anyone who claims that I have no loyalty because of a damn post count. Sometimes you need to get over yourself and realize that being an internet bully and all around asshole is bad for the image of MSU’s fan base. Also, if all you have is “ban him” to bring to the table you sir or ma’am are a *****. Have a great day on the internet.

maroonmania
02-07-2020, 07:43 PM

What does it matter? Trump carried MS pretty substantially in the first run and will do so again in his second. Leach should be much more at home in MS with his political leanings than he ever was in the Pacific Northwest.

Dawgology
02-07-2020, 08:51 PM
Wait wait WAIT!!! There are people that think Leach would get fired for tweeting anti Romney statements after Romney broke from the Republican Party and voted Trump guilty???? In Mississippi??? Are these dumbasses smoking crack? He probably earned himself a 10% raise!

defiantdog
02-07-2020, 08:54 PM
This post belongs here -----> https://sippolitics.com/

Lord McBuckethead
02-07-2020, 09:23 PM
Yeah its obvious the reason for the original poster. Either he doesn't get the issue, or he does. Either way it's stupid to discuss. There is no reason to start the 3rd post on this topic, other than to say, 17n keep political shit away from MSU football. In all forms or fashion including our football coach. We don't need this crap, and to continuously bring it up is dumb. I hope cohen shut this down, as he should. The mods here as well. Go post this stuff to the political board.

DownwardDawg
02-07-2020, 09:35 PM
Trump!!! Trump!!!! Trump!!!!!!
MAGA!!!!! MAGA!!!! MAGA!!!’nn

Pelosi has to be the dumbest human being ever!!!!!

The democrats are losing their minds over all the winning. I’m making a killing now thanks to President Trump.

BeardoMSU
02-07-2020, 10:00 PM
https://img.gifglobe.com/grabs/montypython/MontyPythonsLifeOfBrian/gif/E6GYEXkDepNy.gif

DownwardDawg
02-07-2020, 10:04 PM
https://img.gifglobe.com/grabs/montypython/MontyPythonsLifeOfBrian/gif/E6GYEXkDepNy.gif

Hahaha!!!

Liverpooldawg
02-07-2020, 10:05 PM

Go home Confederate.

Liverpooldawg
02-07-2020, 10:07 PM
Cut the new guy a little slack y'all. I didn't see anything that made me think he was one of those damn Webs.

No surprise YOU would defend an obvious Confederate.

Liverpooldawg
02-07-2020, 10:08 PM
I did not mean to start a political debate here, I simply raised concern for ML that he was under pressure from MSU administration to delete his Tweet - otherwise why delete it given the candor in which is known to speak. I don't want to see him fired for this. That is the extent of my intent in posting this - nothing more. I am simply raising awareness. End of story!

MSU Class of 82

Not a Shitbird or Web or old piss fan.

Yes you did.....CONFEDRERATE.

Liverpooldawg
02-07-2020, 10:09 PM
So because someone has a ?low post count,? they are a shitbird? He simply posted something to this board and made a statement. I have a low post count as well, but I would put my number of degrees from MSU and that of my immediate family up to count for anyone who claims that I have no loyalty because of a damn post count. Sometimes you need to get over yourself and realize that being an internet bully and all around asshole is bad for the image of MSU?s fan base. Also, if all you have is ?ban him? to bring to the table you sir or ma?am are a *****. Have a great day on the internet.

Well said...Confederate.

Liverpooldawg
02-07-2020, 10:10 PM
So because someone has a ?low post count,? they are a shitbird? He simply posted something to this board and made a statement. I have a low post count as well, but I would put my number of degrees from MSU and that of my immediate family up to count for anyone who claims that I have no loyalty because of a damn post count. Sometimes you need to get over yourself and realize that being an internet bully and all around asshole is bad for the image of MSU?s fan base. Also, if all you have is ?ban him? to bring to the table you sir or ma?am are a *****. Have a great day on the internet.

Yes, CONFEDERATE.

dawgday166
02-07-2020, 10:37 PM
No surprise YOU would defend an obvious Confederate.

LOL ... You see those Wascally Webs everywhere.

BiscuitEater
02-07-2020, 10:43 PM
Created ?Pierre Delecto" twitter personally to reply to his own Tweets. Narcissistic pol looking to be the center of attention.

SilentSteel16
02-07-2020, 10:52 PM
LiverPool, is that supposed to imply being an Ole Miss fan? If so, you may have surpassed Shotgun on the assumptions and may just yet take the dumbass award of the day. If it means something else please elaborate, for those of of newbs to the big bad world of ED.

If it means I am a Southerner with a confederate heritage, then you may actually be correct, somehow I doubt that was the intent.

dawgoneyall
02-07-2020, 10:59 PM

Not really.....

Cooterpoot
02-08-2020, 12:44 AM
Jesus Christ the 17ing political forum is still open after all. Damn shame.

bulldawg28
02-08-2020, 04:58 AM
It behooves Leech to leave the Trump love off Twitter if he's going to be successful at State. He's going to need black players and their families to win at State. This isn't Washington. If he comes across as a MAJOR Trump advocate pushing an agenda publicly elite black players will not come here.

Regardless of your political affiliation this country is divided and it's being stirred politically. I won't put blame on either side but you're naive if you think Leech can continue doing so with no repercussions in recruiting.

Hambone
02-08-2020, 06:42 AM
Any chance we can just remove this thread?

I think it did start out with a genuine question, however it’s gone way off the rails now.

DownwardDawg
02-08-2020, 07:27 AM
Jesus Christ the 17ing political forum is still open after all. Damn shame.

No crap! I tried my best to get the thread locked. No luck.

DeltaChicagoDog
02-08-2020, 08:27 AM
Where are the mods on this? Isn't this just the sort of thing why the poli board redirect came about? Shut this thread down already.

Dogbone
02-08-2020, 08:44 AM
PLEASE REMOVE THIS THREAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OLJWales
02-08-2020, 09:00 AM
delete

OLJWales
02-08-2020, 09:03 AM
And do what??? Ban him?

I believe Gun was referring to former tactics Enforcer used to use when outing shitbirds. I think he no longer does that and just simply bans them.. I could be wrong

was21
02-08-2020, 09:19 AM
Yes. Please remove this thread in its entirety. And Leach needs to stand down on his political tweets.

Dogbone
02-08-2020, 09:24 AM
DELETE !!!!

OLJWales
02-08-2020, 09:33 AM
It behooves Leech to leave the Trump love off Twitter if he's going to be successful at State. He's going to need black players and their families to win at State. This isn't Washington. If he comes across as a MAJOR Trump advocate pushing an agenda publicly elite black players will not come here.

Regardless of your political affiliation this country is divided and it's being stirred politically. I won't put blame on either side but you're naive if you think Leech can continue doing so with no repercussions in recruiting.

Even though I'm a Trump supporter, I believe your take has some merit but I think it is unfortunate that your take DOES have some merit. The reason it does though is due to FAKE NEWS. All indicators show however is that Trump will receive a higher % of black voters in 2020 than any other republican has in this era of U.S. politics. The big lie is that the over 63M voters are racist deplorables that has been pushed by the left and their media allies. The vitriol is coming from them and forces supporters of Trump to hide else they be targeted with left winged hate. Would love to put a MAGA sticker on my car but don't in fear of it being vandalized while parked.

NCMSTFAN
02-08-2020, 10:00 AM
My two cents as a business owner. People are free to post whatever stupid ass opinions they want on social media, but any post has a potential negative and/or positive impact on my business. For all of my employees that deal with my clients or potential clients, I expect a level of decorum in their public statements and actions.

Coach Leach has a giant microphone to talk from in direct reference to our university. If any of my employees were out there for or against Trump for example....either way.... would force me to have a discussion with them. For instance I have clients that choose project to project whether I would be their chosen firm. Just like we have future players making a choice on which school to commit to. In no way do I want my employees jeopardizing that relationship, and we should not want our MSU ambassador to do the same.

It's a business. And unfortunately a person in his position, with the thin line of margin of failure, we cannot afford to miss on a guy based on his twitter feed. Either way, pro trump anti-trump. So lets keep it light, funny, and focused primarily on football.

I agree 100% . Keep it on football

NCMSTFAN
02-08-2020, 10:13 AM

I'm glad you said this, best post on this topic. I will support Leech and I'm excited about what he brings but he will hurt MSU and recruiting if he thinks is he can say whatever he wants about his stance on politics. Yes we are in America and have freedom of speech, but that doesn't mean what you say cant hurt you.

OLJWales
02-08-2020, 10:55 AM
As a Trump supporter I agree with the above posts regarding business etiquette and it's prolly best just leave it alone. I work for a huge bank and have rules I have to adhere to if publicly saying what I do. At the end of the day Leach deletes showing he gets it.

gravedigger
02-08-2020, 11:50 AM
LiverPool, is that supposed to imply being an Ole Miss fan? If so, you may have surpassed Shotgun on the assumptions and may just yet take the dumbass award of the day. If it means something else please elaborate, for those of of newbs to the big bad world of ED.

If it means I am a Southerner with a confederate heritage, then you may actually be correct, somehow I doubt that was the intent.

No. Liverpool is making fun of the dumbasses that called the OP an ole miss fan by calling you one for defending him/her.

gravedigger
02-08-2020, 11:56 AM

Shotgun has an almost eerie capacity for inaccuracies. To compound it, he's absolutely certain he's right. If he disagrees, consider it a confirmation of being correct.

If he doubles down, and calls you a rebel, that is near scientific proof what you said is valid.

And as this thread shows, everybody knows it but a few.

Edited to add: I've become suspicious that shotgun is a troll. Not a rebel per se, just an internet troll in general proving a point that State fans are gullible. And we are.

Ari Gold
02-08-2020, 12:46 PM
4 pages is enough... and it?s silly...