PDA

View Full Version : Davontavean Martin

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2020, 12:58 PM
I've got my eye on this guy as a transfer.

He's not in the portal YET, but is a Washington State WR that is from Houma, Louisiana, a SR in 2020, & caught 43 passes for 564 yards last year.

Makes too much sense right?

Anyone hearing anything?

https://wsucougars.com/sports/football/roster/davontavean-martin/9707

Come on Big Play Tay. Graduate & come play your final year close to home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgf0QWc54Zw

Ifyouonlyknew
02-06-2020, 04:35 PM
He's only been there 3yrs he may not be close to graduating.

HailStateSZN19
02-06-2020, 05:07 PM

IYOK, this may be a stupid question to ask and one you can’t even begin to know to answer it but could you see Marquez Stevenson at Houston hitting the portal since King left? I was hoping as soon as King did leave, he’d jump in the portal. He’s my #1 guy I’d love to see hit the portal. There’s a couple connections to him/Houston on our staff. Again, might be dumb to even ask you because there’s a good chance there’s no way to know. Just didn’t know if you ever got wind of stuff like that with players considering hitting the portal from other schools.

Todd4State
02-06-2020, 05:33 PM
It's going to be interesting to see what comes open in the portal.

Hopefully we can get a WR a LT, and a LB. I'm wondering if it's going to be Sun Belt guys like Joe Dillon who are looking to move up to the SEC though.

ScoobaDawg
02-06-2020, 05:41 PM

Don't go spoiling a good thing now with logic...

Ifyouonlyknew
02-06-2020, 05:46 PM
IYOK, this may be a stupid question to ask and one you can’t even begin to know to answer it but could you see Marquez Stevenson at Houston hitting the portal since King left? I was hoping as soon as King did leave, he’d jump in the portal. He’s my #1 guy I’d love to see hit the portal. There’s a couple connections to him/Houston on our staff. Again, might be dumb to even ask you because there’s a good chance there’s no way to know. Just didn’t know if you ever got wind of stuff like that with players considering hitting the portal from other schools.

No I don't expect him to be in the portal. It makes no sense for him to wait until after spring to transfer.

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2020, 05:49 PM
No I don't expect him to be in the portal. It makes no sense for him to wait until after spring to transfer.

Has he already graduated? If not, he may have to finish class

Ifyouonlyknew
02-06-2020, 08:20 PM
Has he already graduated? If not, he may have to finish class

Costello hasn't finished class yet & he's transferred.

OLJWales
02-07-2020, 01:38 PM
Costello hasn't finished class yet & he's transferred.

But he can't be here for spring though, no? Gotta wait till fall? Is there anything he can do to learn leach's system in the interim?

smootness
02-07-2020, 03:47 PM
I've got my eye on this guy as a transfer.

He's not in the portal YET, but is a Washington State WR that is from Houma, Louisiana, a SR in 2020, & caught 43 passes for 564 yards last year.

Makes too much sense right?

Anyone hearing anything?

Did you just post a random player you found and ask if anyone's heard if he's transferring?

Todd4State
02-07-2020, 03:51 PM
But he can't be here for spring though, no? Gotta wait till fall? Is there anything he can do to learn leach's system in the interim?

I believe Costello will be here all summer. He finishes classes in April. So I guess he will be in Starkville in May.

maroonmania
02-07-2020, 07:56 PM
Is Damon Hazelton from VT still in the portal or did he sign with someone? Very good WR when healthy.

Todd4State
02-07-2020, 08:01 PM
Is Damon Hazelton from VT still in the portal or did he sign with someone? Very good WR when healthy.

He's going to Mizzou.

OLJWales
02-08-2020, 03:52 PM
I believe Costello will be here all summer. He finishes classes in April. So I guess he will be in Starkville in May.

I've always wondered what the rules are as to what he can do during the summer time regarding work outs, drills and passing around with our players. Learning the playbook and stuff.

Todd4State
02-08-2020, 04:00 PM
I've always wondered what the rules are as to what he can do during the summer time regarding work outs, drills and passing around with our players. Learning the playbook and stuff.

The players can only have contact with the S&C staff until camp starts. Coaches can't supervise and direct things like passing drills in the offseason but players can get together and throw the ball around to each other if they choose to do so on their own.