PDA

View Full Version : Interesting letter penned by former Bama commit in 2020 class

MetEdDawg
02-05-2020, 08:30 PM
Jayson Jones, a DT from Calera, AL, laid out the process Bama put him through during his recruitment. Was committed for almost 2 years to them and toward the end of this cycle they started going the blue shirt route on him and started messing with him. He ended up committing to Oregon.

One of the things I think is going to happen more and more in this age of social media is that kids aren't going to be afraid to tell the public when schools jerk them around like that. He obviously was talented, but Bama no longer wanted him. So they tried to stop recruiting him and didn't communicate with him for 2 months.

Tactics like this are going to get exposed more and more and I think at some point kids are going to start rebelling against that kind of treatment.

R2Dawg
02-05-2020, 09:41 PM
That stuff been going on for years by the blue bloods. I don't like it but no one cares; it will keep happening and no one will care. Each kid thinks it was other kids fault, that it will not happen to them after all they are a superstar. No one learns from others mistakes. Rinse recycle repeat.

TUSK
02-06-2020, 12:00 AM
This has been happening for some time...

A lot of these recruits have been the "alpha dog" their whole lives and think they are going to start/contribute regardless of where they sign...

It's a sometimes dirty business in an imperfect world, but both the program(s) and the recruit(s) are playing the ends versus the middle...

Hurt feelings, n all....

TheLostDawg
02-06-2020, 12:32 AM
True. Mullen did this to a kid before. There were a few reports about it. If course it's a lot more shocking when we do it

Todd4State
02-06-2020, 12:40 AM
True. Mullen did this to a kid before. There were a few reports about it. If course it's a lot more shocking when we do it

At least Mullen helped the guy find another place to go and didn't just string him along. It's BS that there was ever an article even written about it.

msu15
02-06-2020, 12:46 AM

Are you talking about Chason Virgil?