PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi People Need to Investigate & Turn In A&M Over McKinley Jackson

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 10:52 AM
This isn't sour grapes & this isn't even about MSU not getting McKinley Jackson.

However, can you imagine the reaction if MSU or Ole Miss signed in the #1 player in Texas? or Louisiana?

What happened when Ole Miss signed Tunsil?

What typically happens when 2nd tier schools, like A&M, cheat across state lines?

To me, it's one thing if Bama & LSU do it, mostly because I feel that we're helpless against it, but A&M is different. They don't have that status. They haven't earned the benefit of the doubt on the field.

Is Mississippi just open for business for Auburn, A&M, etc to just come in here every year & buy off our best players?

At what point do Mississippi people like Rosebowl, Yancy, etc step up & investigate this against an outside school instead of just throwing mud at each other?

To me, Mississippi people need to step up & nip this stuff in the bud or else it just shows everyone around the country that you can come into Mississippi & buy kids without risk. That only hurts our instate schools.

I realize this post will be unpopular to some, but why should Mississippi stand for this when other states don't?

To allow this to continue to happen is just a lack of self respect & zero pride.

msstate7
02-05-2020, 11:00 AM
Take a deep breath. Both Mississippi schools lost their HCs and got beat by a damn good recruiter

Coursesuper
02-05-2020, 11:06 AM
This isn't sour grapes & this isn't even about MSU not getting McKinley Jackson.

However, can you imagine the reaction if MSU or Ole Miss signed in the #1 player in Texas? or Louisiana?

What typically happens when 2nd tier schools, like A&M, cheat across state lines?

To me, it's one thing if Bama & LSU do it, mostly because I feel that we're helpless against it, but A&M is different. They don't have that status. They haven't earned the benefit of the doubt on the field.

Is Mississippi just open for business for Auburn, A&M, etc to just come in here every year & buy off our best players?

At what point do Mississippi people like Rosebowl, Yancy, etc step up & investigate this against an outside school instead of just throwing mud at each other?

To me, Mississippi people need to step up & nip this stuff in the bud or else it just shows everyone around the country that you can come into Mississippi & buy kids without risk. That only hurts our instate schools.

I realize this post will be unpopular to some, but why should Mississippi stand for this when other states don't?

To allow this to continue to happen is just a lack of self respect & zero pride.

You have absolutely no idea do you. There was never ever any chance of this kid staying in state, zero.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:07 AM
Take a deep breath. Both Mississippi schools lost their HCs and got beat by a damn good recruiter

No. They went into Lucedale & bought a player.

Have some self respect. Mississippi should not be open for business for every school in the country to come in buy players.

That's like a gang letting another gang sell drugs on their turf. You have to stand up for yourself at some point.

We know the NCAA won't do anything to Bama or LSU, but A&M shouldn't be able to do what they just did.

Complete lack of self respect by Mississippians to not stand up against this

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:08 AM
You have absolutely no idea do you. There was never ever any chance of this kid staying in state, zero.

Just another pathetic Mississippian with no self respect.

A&M just walked into your turf & bought a player, but your OK with that? You know what means? It's going to happen again & again

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:09 AM
Looks like I'm going to have to fight the "inferiority complex" in this thread & tell people how everyone else isn't better than them

fader2103
02-05-2020, 11:11 AM
Some people don't want to stay in the State. You need to get over the whole every kid wants to and should play for a state school.

BrunswickDawg
02-05-2020, 11:11 AM

As much as I don't like Jimbo, and don't think he will awaken the Sleeping Giant, this is exactly right. Jimbo is a damn good recruiter and he has resources. He landed guys like this at FSU and at LSU. It's not an out of the blue Tunsil situation.

Coursesuper
02-05-2020, 11:12 AM
Looks like I'm going to have to fight the "inferiority complex" in this thread & tell people how everyone else isn't better than them

Someday you might just grow up and figure out how the word works, Until then keep racking up that post count chief. As far as the "inferiority complex" that's actually funny.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:13 AM
Some people don't want to stay in the State. You need to get over the whole every kid wants to and should play for a state school.

or A&M just came in & bought a kid. Stop making an excuse for the obvious.

This kid likely didn't even know where A&M was until this Summer.

AmiteDog
02-05-2020, 11:14 AM
Did you whine like this when he got Cam Akers? Same thing. Not like FSU continued to poach top MS talent.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:14 AM
Someday you might just grow up and figure out how the word works, Until then keep racking up that post count chief. As far as the "inferiority complex" that's actually funny.

And at some point you may grow a ball sack & stand for something.

I realize how this works, but if Mississippi people, both OM & MSU, don't band together & make an example of a school coming in & buying players, then it's going to continue to happen.

At some point, the Mississippi schools to have to make out of state schools thing twice about coming in here to buy players

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:15 AM
Did you whine like this when he got Cam Akers? Same thing. Not like FSU continued to poach top MS talent.

Probably should have but FSU makes way more sense than A&M

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:16 AM
I'm trying to figure out why you guys don't want A&M turned in over this?

What's your angle or belief on why Mississippi people shouldn't pursue this?

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:17 AM
Again, just tell me what would happen if MSU signed the #1 player in Texas or Louisiana?

Coursesuper
02-05-2020, 11:17 AM

I realize how this works, but if Mississippi people, both OM & MSU, don't band together & make an example of a school coming in & buying players, then it's going to continue to happen.

At some point, the Mississippi schools to have to make out of state schools thing twice about coming in here to buy players

Haha! But please keep attacking those windmills Don.

PMDawg
02-05-2020, 11:18 AM

A&M just walked into your turf & bought a player, but your OK with that? You know what means? It's going to happen again & again

Please present your evidence of A&M buying this player.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:18 AM
Haha! But please keep attacking those windmills Don.

What's your point?

What are you arguing against me for?

What's your belief on this?

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:19 AM
Please present your evidence of A&M buying this player.

It would have to be investigated by Rosebowl & those that know how to investigate this stuff.

Just saying that it's going to happen every year until Mississippians at least provide some push back.

Do you not think Mississippians should provide pushback?

fader2103
02-05-2020, 11:19 AM
Why does it affect you so much? Hell TAMU can argue that KJ Costello didn't know where Starkville, MS was? You are making a big deal about a kid "being bought" everyone but you knew that he wasn't going to stay in state no matter who bought him.

PMDawg
02-05-2020, 11:20 AM
It would have to be investigated by Rosebowl & those that know how to investigate this stuff.

Just saying that it's going to happen every year until Mississippians at least provide some push back.

Do you not think Mississippians should provide pushback?

So the answer is you have none. Got it.

MaroonBelle
02-05-2020, 11:20 AM

First, we are already in NCAA trouble and I don't see any reason it would do any good for MSU to get involved in NCAA matters if we don't have to until that is over. 2nd, we were never gonna get the kid. Like never. So how weird would it be for anyone related to MSU to turn them in? Let OM turn them in. Also the only way to turn them in is to admit you were willing to pay for him but someone outbid you. Who is gonna do that in Mississippi? Also, I think you underestimate A&M's pull and overestimate the worth of your personal overreaction. Why do you take it as a personal affront every time some kid with stars leaves Mississippi?

We had a drama free signing day and I for one am gonna enjoy it. You should try it some time.

fader2103
02-05-2020, 11:22 AM
Honestly Mississippi State doesn't need to get involved at all. Why try and get the NCAA or people associated with MSU to investigate someone who could eventually turn us in. You do realize we are going in heavy in Texas the next recruiting cycle. All we need is BIG MONEY TAMU talking to the NCAA about MSU buying players.

Liverpooldawg
02-05-2020, 11:22 AM

If you have any evidence then send it to the NCAA. Grow up man.

tireddawg
02-05-2020, 11:24 AM
Oh boy...

Spiderman

If anybody should turn in A&M, it should be Bama or LSU, because if he was bought, that's who got outbidded

PMDawg
Also, I think you....overestimate the worth of your personal overreaction.

Beautiful!

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:27 AM
If anybody should turn in A&M, it should be Bama or LSU, because if he was bought, that's who got outbidded

Not disagreeing, but why are Mississippians not putting up a fight when out of region schools buy players out of our state?

chef dixon
02-05-2020, 11:28 AM

Are you a real, living person?

ShotgunDawg
Honestly Mississippi State doesn't need to get involved at all. Why try and get the NCAA or people associated with MSU to investigate someone who could eventually turn us in. You do realize we are going in heavy in Texas the next recruiting cycle. All we need is BIG MONEY TAMU talking to the NCAA about MSU buying players.

Which is exactly what would happen if we bought the best player in TX. Why do we not fight against them buying a player here?

ShotgunDawg
So the answer is you have none. Got it.

This is incredibly stupid

Uncle Ruckus
02-05-2020, 11:29 AM
I dont think you are real. I really dont

ShotgunDawg
Are you a real, living person?

I am. I'm a proud Mississippian that would like to see our best players not leave the state. Thus, when out of state schools buy players in the state, it would be nice if we would actually provide some push back so that it doesn't happen every year

iPat09
Not disagreeing, but why are Mississippians not putting up a fight when out of region schools buy players out of our state?

Why can't you accept that some people just want to get out of Mississippi? Whether he was bought or not, who cares? Sometimes people just want to get out of this state.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:30 AM
Goodness. What a pathetic fan base we have.

You 17ers don't deserve to win shit. Just a pathetic group

ShotgunDawg
Why can't you accept that some people just want to get out of Mississippi? Whether he was bought or not, who cares? Sometimes people just want to get out of this state.

Sigh........You're either an idiot or you're just making excuses

fader2103
Which is exactly what would happen if we bought the best player in TX. Why do we not fight against them buying a player here?

well go for it superman. Quit wasting your time on elitedawgs bitching about it and go investigate it yourself.

KOdawg1
BREAKING NEWS: EliteDawgs poster "ShotgunDawg" brings down Texas A&M by himself because he decided to "take a stand."

confucius say
02-05-2020, 11:31 AM
Nobody is wasting time and energy investigating a kid who openly was going out of state being bought by an out of state school.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:33 AM
Nobody is wasting time and energy investigating a kid who openly was going out of state being bought by an out of state school.

So we shouldn't even provide resistance to it happening in the future?

I'm couldn't care less about McKinely Jackson. My concern is that Mississippi is completely open for business. Should we not fight against that?

If not, why?

Why can't some of you have a real conversation here?

MaroonBelle
02-05-2020, 11:34 AM

YOU NEVER DO ANYTHING. EVER. Except call other people out for their inaction. Where is your action? What do you do besides start multiple threads on this board. Guess what? That isn't proactive. If you have a bag...go use it. If you know someone with a bag...encourage them to use it. If you have some investigative skills...put them to use. What good are you?

BrunswickDawg
02-05-2020, 11:35 AM
I guess UGA should burn down Clemson since the top DE in Georgia went to Clemson. Take out LSU too since they grabbed the highest rated player in GA.

These kids make decisions about themselves - no one else. And really, that's what they should be doing.

bluelightstar
02-05-2020, 11:35 AM
This is hilarious

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:36 AM
YOU NEVER DO ANYTHING. EVER. Except call other people out for their inaction. Where is your action? What do you do besides start multiple threads on this board. Guess what? That isn't proactive. If you have a bag...go use it. If you know someone with a bag...encourage them to use it. If you have some investigative skills...put them to use. What good are you?

Raising awareness

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:36 AM
This is hilarious

What is exactly hilarious about it?

You like out of state teams coming into Mississippi & buying players?

Do you think we could pull that off in Texas?

fader2103
02-05-2020, 11:38 AM

You are a pathetic poster who can't understand the politics of what college football is.

I win at life every day because I make money, and go home to my wife and kid and not get so bent out of shape when things don't always go the way I want it.

yjnkdawg
02-05-2020, 11:39 AM
Got your violation information yet, Chief? Well if you do then this man would like to hear from you. Senior Associate Athletics Director, Athletics Compliance, JB Bowling 779-845-1904 jbowling@athletics.tamu.edu.

If you have facts about a recruiting violation then send it to jbowling@athletics.tamu.edu. (Sound familiar? ) Maybe you will grow up some day but it's doubtful.

tireddawg
02-05-2020, 11:40 AM

What are YOU going to do about it? You're bitching at every1 else, wtf are you going to do.

Rick Danko
My god, unless he is a moderator, someone with some stroke here needs to give Shotgun a break for a day or so. This thread is a damn joke

ShotgunDawg

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:41 AM
My god, unless he is a moderator, someone with some stroke here needs to give Shotgun a break for a day or so. This thread is a damn joke

Why is it a joke?

Explain why

chef dixon

I can't believe its never happened. Although the board would be quite slow without him.

ShotgunDawg
What are YOU going to do about it? You're bitching at every1 else, wtf are you going to do.

Why are you willing to do anything?

Percho
02-05-2020, 11:42 AM

Why not?????

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:42 AM
Got your violation information yet, Chief? Well if you do then this man would like to hear from you. Senior Associate Athletics Director, Athletics Compliance, JB Bowling 779-845-1904 jbowling@athletics.tamu.edu.

If you have facts about a recruiting violation then send it to jbowling@athletics.tamu.edu. (Sound familiar? ) Maybe you will grow up some day but it's doubtful.

Why are you siding with the school that bought a player in Mississippi vs siding with the Mississippi side of this?

It's pathetic the way some of you are seeing this

MetEdDawg
02-05-2020, 11:43 AM

We don't have the money to buy the best players in Texas. And while we are on probation we aren't going to pay for the best players in MS.

And most years, we will never outbid a top tier SEC school for an MS kid if they really want them. You don't just turn people in. You have to have evidence or knowledge of stuff. I would imagine we don't have a ton of info on this one given the surprise of TAMU getting this done this late.

Learn that until we have a significant amount of more money for recruiting and people willing to put themselves on the line for high school kids to come to MSU, it's not gonna happen. This is the one area we actually are poor ole MSU. We don't play the game at that level and we never will. We don't have the resources the big boys do. And we never will.

The school to do anything is Bama. They have the most well functioning network in all of college football. They thought they were winning this one and they got out hustled by Jimbo.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:43 AM
I can't believe its never happened. Although the board would be quite slow without him.

What exactly would they ban me for?

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:44 AM
We don't have the money to buy the best players in Texas. And while we are on probation we aren't going to pay for the best players in MS.

And most years, we will never outbid a top tier SEC school for an MS kid if they really want them. You don't just turn people in. You have to have evidence or knowledge of stuff. I would imagine we don't have a ton of info on this one given the surprise of TAMU getting this done this late.

Learn that until we have a significant amount of more money for recruiting and people willing to put themselves on the line for high school kids to come to MSU, it's not gonna happen. This is the one area we actually are poor ole MSU. We don't play the game at that level and we never will. We don't have the resources the big boys do. And we never will.

The school to do anything is Bama. They have the most well functioning network in all of college football. They thought they were winning this one and they got out hustled by Jimbo.

Thank for having a real conversation

Percho
02-05-2020, 11:44 AM

Did he buy Cam or was it legal?

Coursesuper
02-05-2020, 11:47 AM
What's your point?

What are you arguing against me for?

What's your belief on this?

My point is your perception of reality is so far off base it's mind boggling. You actually believe that the NCAA is going to come down on A&M, OKAY. And that because a kid from George County with handlers is leaving the state mean that we lack the "sack" to "do something about it" is crazy.

But don't stop being outraged when you only have the facts the media give you. And by all means keep living and dying by whatever Rosey and the fan media are feeding you.

Take the blue pill.

yjnkdawg
02-05-2020, 11:48 AM
Why are you siding with the school that bought a player in Mississippi vs siding with the Mississippi side of this?

It's pathetic the way some of you are seeing this

LOL The Mississippi side? It's the Shotgun Fantasy side. Not the way your "normal" MSU supporter sees it.

bluelightstar
02-05-2020, 11:48 AM
What is exactly hilarious about it?

You like out of state teams coming into Mississippi & buying players?

Do you think we could pull that off in Texas?

It is hilarious because sometimes kids want to go to other schools. This meltdown is absurd.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:49 AM
My point is your perception of reality is so far off base it's mind boggling. You actually believe that the NCAA is going to come down on A&M, OKAY. And that because a kid from George County with handlers is leaving the state mean that we lack the "sack" to "do something about it" is crazy.

But don't stop being outraged when you only have the facts the media give you. And by all means keep living and dying by whatever Rosey and the fan media are feeding you.

Take the blue pill.

Man, I just don't want Mississippi kids being bought off every year. It's been happening more & more lately & now A&M just strolls in here & does it uncontested.

Just doesn't seem right or in MSU or OM's best interest. Seems like it would be to our benefit to provide some resistance.

that's my only point

Jack Lambert

On the bright side 8 wins doesn't justify 70 million. Jimbo will be fired and A&M will still be the Tommy Boy of college football.

Cooterpoot
I predict he washes out and we never hear from him again. Got too much bad influence around him.

tireddawg
02-05-2020, 11:50 AM
Why are you willing to do anything?

I'm not the one dying on this hill.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:50 AM
It is hilarious because sometimes kids want to go to other schools. This meltdown is absurd.

Sigh.....You're clearly missing the point

msstate7
02-05-2020, 11:51 AM
States aTm has signed a 4-star from the last 2 years: TX, IL, AR, NJ, NC, MD, NJ, FL, MS, MO, LA, KS, AZ, PA, and AL. That's 15 states, and they've been top 6 in the country... jimbo can cruit

Coursesuper
02-05-2020, 11:54 AM
I predict he washes out and we never hear from him again. Got too much bad influence around him.

That is a real possibility with this one.

ShotgunDawg
States aTm has signed a 4-star from the last 2 years: TX, IL, AR, NJ, NC, MD, NJ, FL, MS, MO, LA, KS, AZ, PA, and AL. That's 15 states, and they've been top 6 in the country... jimbo can cruit

I just don't think A&M should be able to come into Mississippi & take the best player.

On the state welcoming signs just put, "Welcome to Mississippi, Open for Bidness"

Percho
I guess UGA should burn down Clemson since the top DE in Georgia went to Clemson. Take out LSU too since they grabbed the highest rated player in GA.

These kids make decisions about themselves - no one else. And really, that's what they should be doing.

And as long it is legit, I am all for it.

My question; Is it legit that we almost always loose our highest rated players from Mississippi to a prima donna out of state school?

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:57 AM
My question; Is it legit that we almost always loose our highest rated players from Mississippi to a prima donna out of state school?

It's amazing how it happens every year

msstate7
02-05-2020, 11:58 AM
I just don't think A&M should be able to come into Mississippi & take the best player.

On the state welcoming signs just put, "Welcome to Mississippi, Open for Bidness"

Build a beautiful wall

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 12:00 PM
Build a beautiful wall

Looks like we'll continue the trend of losing the state's top player in 2021 as well.

2021 - Deion Smith - LSU
2020 - McKinley Jackson - A&M
2019 - Nakobe Dean - UGA

May as well keep letting it happen

MetEdDawg
02-05-2020, 12:01 PM
Looks like we'll continue the trend of losing the state's top player in 2021 as well.

2021 - Deion Smith - LSU
2019 - Nakobe Dean - UGA

Lay out a plan man. What can we the fan base, the university, and the state in general do to stop it? How much more money we need to raise, how we go about doing that. Lay it out there.

Percho
02-05-2020, 12:02 PM
How did SMU get the death penalty? Their cheating was deep into Texas politics.

Because someone got fed up with their cheating and started investigating and it wasn't the NCAA.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 12:04 PM
Lay out a plan man. What can we the fan base, the university, and the state in general do to stop it? How much more money we need to raise, how we go about doing that. Lay it out there.

IDK, but raising awareness of an issue is certainly the first step

Pipedream
02-05-2020, 12:06 PM

This thread is so stupid and pointless. I don't care where the kid goes to school. Better A&M than Bama and LSU as far as I'm concerned. But the answer to this question is real simple. Quit bitching about it. Quit complaining. Quit crying. Quit threatening to turn everyone in. There is a market place. If anyone wants the kid at State bad enough, then show them the money. Really simple. They made it happen with Simmons. If they want a kid bad enough, they CAN make it happen. If your response is "well we don't have the kind of money they do" my response is "tough shit". This is America. Money always wins.

deadheaddawg
02-05-2020, 12:09 PM
even by shotguns typical bad take standards......this is a really dumb thread

TALL DAWG
02-05-2020, 12:09 PM

2021 - Deion Smith - LSU
2019 - Nakobe Dean - UGA

If what I?ve been told was correct...Jackson has NEVER set
foot on Jimbo?s campus. If that?s not a red flag I don?t know
what is. He probably played the Price Is Right and went with
highest bidder, so be it. However, would be best if all players at
least visit the campus before signing.

smootness
02-05-2020, 12:18 PM
This is one of the worst threads ever.

StateDawg44
02-05-2020, 12:21 PM

Ahhh, the annual recruiting event where Shotgun looking down his mighty nose from his soapbox and tells someone to stand for something, you pathetic Mississippian.
Leading the ole charge and rallying the troops to really take it to the blue bloods for coming in and having the highest offer.

Please Shotgun, show us what must be done to stand up thou enlightened one.

The answer is to WIN at a high level. We've yet to do it. Things are on the uptick though. Grow up and try to enjoy the process instead of constantly bitching like you always do, demanding unrealistic expectations. (Even though you've been somewhat tolerable lately up until today.)

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 12:23 PM

Certainly not worse than a post with no substance

deadheaddawg
Shotgun wont even get off the sofa to go to the games. LOL at him suggesting people should "do something"

He is the king of over-reaction, but this takes the cake.

smootness

No, it is.

deadheaddawg
02-05-2020, 12:24 PM

you are wrong again

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 12:25 PM
Shotgun wont even get off the sofa to go to the games. LOL at him suggesting people should "do something"

He is the king of over-reaction, but this takes the cake.

It's really not an overreaction when the #1 player in the state is leaving every year.

We haven't even gotten a visit from the state's #1 player for 2 straight years

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 12:25 PM
you are wrong again

No you're wrong

What a stupid post

StateDawg44
02-05-2020, 12:26 PM

That's not the way this works.

He just wants to stomp his feet and flail like a 5-year-old not getting their way screaming how it's not fair. Glutton for punishment. He would rather argue or sit in the corner in time out than accept reality.

It is life, it's not fair. Telling others to sack up.... what a joke.

StateDawg44
02-05-2020, 12:27 PM
No you're wrong

What a stupid post

I know you are but what am I???? :rolleyes:

What a classic Shotgun!!!

Percho
02-05-2020, 12:31 PM
Build a beautiful wall

There you go. I'm all for a wall.

deadheaddawg
02-05-2020, 12:33 PM
That's not the way this works.

He just wants to stomp his feet and flail like a 5-year-old not getting their way screaming how it's not fair. Glutton for punishment. He would rather argue or sit in the corner in time out than accept reality.

It is life, it's not fair. Telling others to sack up.... what a joke.

This guy nailed it

TrapGame
02-05-2020, 12:35 PM
5 pages fueling Shotgun's bipolar delusions.

BrunswickDawg
02-05-2020, 12:35 PM

2021 - Deion Smith - LSU
2019 - Nakobe Dean - UGA

Ignoring that from 2009-18 only 2 of the #1 ranked MS players went out of state. What changed for 2019 thru now? Each school has had gone thru 3 coaching staffs and both teams have gotten probation. When ole Miss and MSU are stable programs, it happens less. It ain't hard to figure out.

PMDawg
02-05-2020, 12:48 PM
This is incredibly stupid

This is irony.

PMDawg
02-05-2020, 12:51 PM
Sigh........You're either an idiot or you're just making excuses

Okay mods, enough is enough. Time to shut this shit down. This guy makes personal attacks daily. Either enforce your rules, or get rid of them.

Cowbell
02-05-2020, 12:52 PM

5 page thread started by you and 35 of the posts are you. Would you mind sharing what you do for income because it seems you are make a better ROI on time spent working than I do and I need to upgrade.

MaroonBelle
02-05-2020, 12:53 PM

https://twitter.com/TexAgs/status/1207415486293663745?s=20

https://twitter.com/TexAgs/status/1225090263166652421?s=20

FISHDAWG
02-05-2020, 01:02 PM

Gun ... step back and remember the Cam Newton fiasco ..... his dad admitted to asking for cash (and yes - he was acting as Cam's agent "unofficially") ...... Tunsil admitted on national TV to taking money .... look at the slap on the wrist that OM got after all of that mess was uncovered ...... there is concrete evidence and still the plaintiffs got off Scott free ....... so even if we had evidence it wouldn't do us any good and the guy probably didn't want to come here anyway

DawgPoundtheRock
02-05-2020, 01:14 PM
In this thread the only poster who has agreed with Shotgun's position is Percho, and his support seemed halfhearted at best.

DudyDawg
02-05-2020, 01:18 PM

2021 - Deion Smith - LSU
2019 - Nakobe Dean - UGA

Almost like all of those programs are bigger, with better history and resources, which attracts top talent.

FISHDAWG
02-05-2020, 01:19 PM
There you go. I'm all for a wall.

and MMGA ..... Make Mississippi Great Again

AmiteDog
02-05-2020, 01:32 PM

17 off you tool. Why don't you start building that wall to keep the big bad programs out of Mississippi?

confucius say
02-05-2020, 01:33 PM
So we shouldn't even provide resistance to it happening in the future?

I'm couldn't care less about McKinely Jackson. My concern is that Mississippi is completely open for business. Should we not fight against that?

If not, why?

Why can't some of you have a real conversation here?

We have fought against it in the past, turning in both in state and out of state schools when we had evidence of it. I'm sure we will in the future too. But we'd be stupid to raise a stink over Jackson.

Lord McBuckethead
02-05-2020, 01:38 PM
Nope, the NCAA can look into this if they feel it was improper. We need to worry about the next set of players.

Cooterpoot
02-05-2020, 01:41 PM
I wouldn't concede Smith yet.

Coursesuper
02-05-2020, 01:46 PM
17 off you tool. Why don't you start building that wall to keep the big bad programs out of Mississippi?

Wall, I want that roof he was going on and on about. According to him there is " no reason " we can't afford it.

HoopsDawg
02-05-2020, 01:50 PM

I'm 5 pages in and I think it's entertaining. We have become immune to LSU and Bama taking top recruits from our state, but A&M coming in is a little absurd. I can't imagine being a black athlete from MS and wanting to go there. As a white man from MS, I know I wouldn't want to go there. It's kind of obvious what happened here.

Commercecomet24
02-05-2020, 01:50 PM
Wall, I want that roof he was going on and on about. According to him there is " no reason " we can't afford it.

We can call it the Dawg Dome!

Coursesuper
02-05-2020, 01:52 PM
We can call it the Dawg Dome!

You damn right!

MedDawg
02-05-2020, 01:53 PM

Have some self respect. Mississippi should not be open for business for every school in the country to come in buy players.

That's like a gang letting another gang sell drugs on their turf. You have to stand up for yourself at some point.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/156cf087-731e-4a69-8894-1bf692a77a5c

fader2103
02-05-2020, 02:10 PM
The real crime here is Jackson won't have to pay taxes on his business that TAMU bought....absurd

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 02:19 PM
In this thread the only poster who has agreed with Shotgun's position is Percho, and his support seemed halfhearted at best.

I'm still trying to figure out what the other side of this is?

A. we can't do anything about it

B. We don't care

C. we're scared of being turned in ourselves so we don't turn in anyone else

What is the other side of this?

smootness
02-05-2020, 02:27 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what the other side of this is?

A. we can't do anything about it

B. We don't care

C. we're scared of being turned in ourselves so we don't turn in anyone else

What is the other side of this?

That there's no such thing as 'not allowing something like this to happen'. Kids choose schools for a whole host of reasons. The fact that you think there's only one option as to why he chose A&M says as much about what you think of him as it does what you think of A&M.

So basically A. If we can do something about it, tell me what that is.

TexasDawg
02-05-2020, 02:30 PM
According to Shotgun we should have told Jo'Quavious Marks thanks but no thanks, he should be a good Georgia man and go to UGA or Tech

Commercecomet24
02-05-2020, 02:33 PM
You damn right!

Hey if North Dakota State can have a dome, then why can't we!!! lol

Todd4State
02-05-2020, 02:35 PM
The REAL issue here is kids with handlers. There's at least one Marcus Dupree every year in the state and they aren't for the best interest of the kid. They're using the kid's potential for their own personal gain and quite frankly it's disgusting. Usually it's some random family member or sleazebag in the community that somehow gets in good with the player and their often single Mom family. And they never have the best interest of the player. They sell them out to some "name brand" school and then when things go sideways because the player doesn't really want to be at Texas A&M, Oklahoma, or wherever and is third in the depth chart and wants to come home that's when things hit the fan. When all of a sudden the handlers realize that their boy probably isn't going to be a first round pick and the well is about to run dry so they get their fame by stirring shit up with the name brand school and the NCAA.

And we have Bracky- what do you think will happen in that case? Ask Will Redmond. Exemplary cooperation.

Anyway eliminate handlers and you'll see this happen less often. Unfortunately that's a pipe dream.

Coursesuper
02-05-2020, 02:39 PM
The REAL issue here is kids with handlers. There's at least one Marcus Dupree every year in the state and they aren't for the best interest of the kid. They're using the kid's potential for their own personal gain and quite frankly it's disgusting. Usually it's some random family member or sleazebag in the community that somehow gets in good with the player and their often single Mom family. And they never have the best interest of the player. They sell them out to some "name brand" school and then when things go sideways because the player doesn't really want to be at Texas A&M, Oklahoma, or wherever and is third in the depth chart and wants to come home that's when things hit the fan. When all of a sudden the handlers realize that their boy probably isn't going to be a first round pick and the well is about to run dry so they get their fame by stirring shit up with the name brand school and the NCAA.

And we have Bracky- what do you think will happen in that case? Ask Will Redmond. Exemplary cooperation.

Anyway eliminate handlers and you'll see this happen less often. Unfortunately that's a pipe dream.

Might as well try to eliminate air.

defiantdog
02-05-2020, 02:44 PM
Man, we're acting like Jeff Simmons or Chris Jones left the state. Sometimes these guys want to move. Look at Raekwon Davis...... and Nigel Knott. A&M also has the best facilities in the nation. And Jimbo Fisher can sell ketchup to a man in a white suit.

Sometimes these kids want to leave the state and maybe A&M promised early playing time where LSU and Bama told him he'd have to redshirt.

StateDawg44
02-05-2020, 02:49 PM
I'm 5 pages in and I think it's entertaining. We have become immune to LSU and Bama taking top recruits from our state, but A&M coming in is a little absurd. I can't imagine being a black athlete from MS and wanting to go there. As a white man from MS, I know I wouldn't want to go there. It's kind of obvious what happened here.

No one is arguing about whether or not something was happening in the background of his recruitment.

Most agree it's odd we never got any interest or much of a look that I'm aware of. But it's recruiting. And it's not like this is something we haven't know since last fall.

----

This is not directed at you Hoops.

If you can't see the fact that most of the schools that beat us out for these types of players are bluebloods typically (maybe not this one necessarily) and how kids have the desire to go play for them then I'm not sure how to help you. But the other similarity is they have tons of money. And A&M certainly does have money. Why is it always such a shock to some when cash and chargers are kings in this land for big-time recruits?

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 03:14 PM
Man, we're acting like Jeff Simmons or Chris Jones left the state. Sometimes these guys want to move. Look at Raekwon Davis...... and Nigel Knott. A&M also has the best facilities in the nation. And Jimbo Fisher can sell ketchup to a man in a white suit.

Sometimes these kids want to leave the state and maybe A&M promised early playing time where LSU and Bama told him he'd have to redshirt.

I've been to A&M numerous times. Ridiculous for a Mississippi kid to choose them.

They're going 120 down the freeway flicking everyone off right now just like Ole Miss did and yet no one cares.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 03:16 PM
No one is arguing about whether or not something was happening in the background of his recruitment.

Most agree it's odd we never got any interest or much of a look that I'm aware of. But it's recruiting. And it's not like this is something we haven't know since last fall.

----

This is not directed at you Hoops.

If you can't see the fact that most of the schools that beat us out for these types of players are bluebloods typically (maybe not this one necessarily) and how kids have the desire to go play for them then I'm not sure how to help you. But the other similarity is they have tons of money. And A&M certainly does have money. Why is it always such a shock to some when cash and chargers are kings in this land for big-time recruits?

It's not a shock. It's just endlessly frustrating and no one ever does anything about it.

When OM got Tunsil, all everyone said was "you can't cross state lines and buy players", but now that it's happened in Mississippi yet again, we don't say anything.

Pipedream
02-05-2020, 03:39 PM
It's not a shock. It's just endlessly frustrating and no one ever does anything about it.

When OM got Tunsil, all everyone said was "you can't cross state lines and buy players", but now that it's happened in Mississippi yet again, we don't say anything.

A&M is 1st or 2nd in annual revenue. OM is borderline top 25. That's the difference. You can "say" whatever you want. Either up the ante and match the price or let the chips fall where they may. That's the only choice in the matter.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 03:41 PM
A&M is 1st or 2nd in annual revenue. OM is borderline top 25. That's the difference. You can "say" whatever you want. Either up the ante and match the price or let the chips fall where they may. That's the only choice in the matter.

So they are coming into Mississippi and buying players & yet we don't want to do anything about it?

You see to fall into the "we can't do anything about it" category

Todd4State
02-05-2020, 03:44 PM
Might as well try to eliminate air.

Exactly. Which is why it's best to avoid those players. Which is what we are doing.

Pipedream
02-05-2020, 03:46 PM
So they are coming into Mississippi and buying players & yet we don't want to do anything about it?

I fall in to the "I don't care" category because it's not police-able in the current NCAA climate. You only have two choices for high profile prospects-pay the going rate and put your hat in the ring or don't. I don't worry about things that we can't change. We can't change the fact that this isn't a school that produces lawyers, doctors, CEO's, people of unlimited resources. We live in one of the poorest states in America. Do the math.

Todd4State
02-05-2020, 03:50 PM

I mean all we can do at MSU is identify elite players at a young age and educate their families on who to stay away from. But it's like educating people to not use meth. People still do it despite the side effects. People are still going to use handlers and they'll still be out there no matter what.

Coursesuper
02-05-2020, 03:51 PM
Exactly. Which is why it's best to avoid those players. Which is what we are doing.

Some are friendly some are not, if they aren't your right no need to waist time better to move on. I think this last one is going to be a problem for A&M. There's a lot going on there.

bobtail bob
02-05-2020, 04:00 PM
What the hell are we going to do about it? March on the families house with pitchforks and torches ?
The NCAA is toothless and dying now. Why do you think LSU has upgraded their player buying game lately.A&M has just decided to join the party. They aren?t going to do shit to any of the schools that are diverting money to help keep money flowing into the NCAA hands.
Be happy we didn?t get Jackson,kid is a head case and will melt down at the first sign of adversity. A&M will regret he?s there before it?s said and done

Percho
02-05-2020, 04:35 PM
All of this is another reason why I would favor a 70 limit of players on scholarships.

It would distribute the better talent to more teams.

Course it might drive up the coast of a five star but we aren't going to buy any of them anyway.

The quality of every game each weekend would go up.

Percho
02-05-2020, 04:38 PM
Or you would have a low 4 star walking on at Alabama driving a Corvette.

Would clear up the picture anyway.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 04:54 PM
I mean all we can do at MSU is identify elite players at a young age and educate their families on who to stay away from. But it's like educating people to not use meth. People still do it despite the side effects. People are still going to use handlers and they'll still be out there no matter what.

I think this is one of the downsides of recruiting rankings.

they put kids on a pedestal early, which leads to this issue being more prevalent.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 04:56 PM
All of this is another reason why I would favor a 70 limit of players on scholarships.

It would distribute the better talent to more teams.

Course it might drive up the coast of a five star but we aren't going to buy any of them anyway.

The quality of every game each weekend would go up.

Exactly

gravedigger
02-05-2020, 05:05 PM
7 page thread. An absolute meltdown.

all I got from it was you are "Raising awareness"

...in THE hell.

Print out this thread, take it to ANY psychologist in the united states and dont tell them you are shotgun. Just ask them what they think.

And then, lay there calmly. Trying to chew through the restraints will only make it worse.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 05:08 PM

...in THE hell.

Print out this thread, take it to ANY psychologist in the united states and dont tell them you are shotgun. Just ask them what they think.

And then, lay there calmly. Trying to chew through the restraints will only make it worse.

Thank you for shopping at the quickie mart

deadheaddawg
02-05-2020, 05:11 PM

The way shotgun has been performing, I think he should change his login to Shovester

RocketDawg
02-05-2020, 05:30 PM

I'm not sure I'd call Texas A&M a "2nd tier school".

Plus, College Station isn't much farther from Lucedale than Starkville is. LSU is closer though.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 05:34 PM
I'm not sure I'd call Texas A&M a "2nd tier school".

Plus, College Station isn't much farther from Lucedale than Starkville is. LSU is closer though.

A&M is absolutely a 2nd tier school when i comes to football. They aren't close to 1st tier. Look at their history for goodness sakes

I'd say 9 hours to College Station vs a little over 3 hours to Starkville is a pretty big difference. Not a very smart comment by you

RocketDawg
02-05-2020, 05:38 PM
I've been to A&M numerous times. Ridiculous for a Mississippi kid to choose them.

They're going 120 down the freeway flicking everyone off right now just like Ole Miss did and yet no one cares.

I had breakfast this morning with my golf buddies, all of whom are Alabama fans, and they expressed surprise that he didn't choose Bama. I guess they just didn't offer enough.

RocketDawg
02-05-2020, 05:40 PM
A&M is absolutely a 2nd tier school when i comes to football. They aren't close to 1st tier. Look at their history for goodness sakes

I'd say 9 hours to College Station vs a little over 3 hours to Starkville is a pretty big difference. Not a very smart comment by you

Yes it was. It was brilliant because I was watching the Weather Channel at the time and guessed from glancing at the map. **

Agree that A&M isn't top tier in football right now, but that has a lot to do with their old conference. I suspect they'll make some noise in the SEC before long.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 05:43 PM
I suspect they'll make some noise in the SEC before long.

You're one of those types huh?

Good luck with that

RocketDawg
02-05-2020, 05:44 PM

...in THE hell.

Haha. Probably true. The real reason he chose A&M was because of their cadet program along with their engineering college. You don't find that combination just anywhere. :rolleyes:

Ari Gold
02-05-2020, 06:01 PM
This is silly...
Jackson was never coming to State, and no matter what the OM brass will tell you he wasn’t going there either..
Some kids want to go to out of state schools. And yes we all know how recruiting works.. Some play the game better than others .. Some kids like all the games , some don’t.

Todd4State
02-05-2020, 06:02 PM
I think this is one of the downsides of recruiting rankings.

they put kids on a pedestal early, which leads to this issue being more prevalent.

It's getting similar to baseball. Which is why I didn't freak out over us taking commits from 9th graders back when Brewster was here.

Some guys are going to be identified early- McKinley, Cam Akers, and etc. Some are going to emerge later in the process like Chris Jones.

It was a problem before recruiting rankings. Again I don't see any way around it.

Our recruiting problem in the past IMO aren't necessarily due to us being "Mississippi State". Dan was lazy. Period. These relationships take years and it's something that has to be worked at along with winning. That's why Leach and Moorhead were having to hit the JUCO and grad transfer market heavy. Dan had a decent plan but the only time it ever came together was 2014 when we were able to have all upperclassmen pretty much at every starting position. That's why I harp so much on making sure position groups are filled and addressed. We can be a developmental program and reach our ceiling but we can't with gaps. If we start to get to 9-10 wins a season then more of these handlers will send their guys to us.

RocketDawg
02-05-2020, 06:14 PM
You're one of those types huh?

Good luck with that

Gun, you're taking the day way too seriously. It's only football. And yes, I think they'll be a lot better under Jimbo. Eventually.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 06:18 PM
Gun, you're taking the day way too seriously. It's only football. And yes, I think they'll be a lot better under Jimbo. Eventually.

How much longer till "eventually" happens?

Also, the coaching in the West just got tougher with Leach.

TUSK
02-05-2020, 06:23 PM
I'm IN on the Greatest Thread, Evah...

I hope it runs as long as "Cats"....

I nominate it for a "sticky" or "HOF" consideration...

IMissJack
02-05-2020, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;1228990]This isn't sour grapes & this isn't even about MSU not getting McKinley Jackson.

A&M has more money than MSU, OM, ARK, MO combined. This is not an OM pulling Tunsil...

Coursesuper
02-05-2020, 07:12 PM
I can't believe this idiotic thread has made it 8 pages. But then again.

MetEdDawg
02-05-2020, 07:41 PM

At first glance, this statement looks true. But it's actually false. They may not be a top tier football school but they SPEND like they are THE top football school. You do recruit like they have with consistently underwhelming and mediocre results without putting your monetary nuts on the table and spending cash.

They are an outlier in that they don't reap the rewards of solid recruiting. Most of the other schools that recruit Top 5 and Too 5 will get at least 1 year where they are 9-10 regular season wins or above. TAMU doesn't do that. Yet they still get recruits. They have $$$$ that we will NEVER be able to overcome. Unfortunate fact of football life. TAMU could do whatever they wanted to in football because of the money. They have a culture problem not being able to have had higher levels of success with their resources and $$$

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 08:06 PM
[QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;1228990]\

A&M has more money than MSU, OM, ARK, MO combined. This is not an OM pulling Tunsil...

What does how much money A&M has have to do with this being similar to Tunsil?

Please explain this further if you will

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 08:07 PM
At first glance, this statement looks true. But it's actually false. They may not be a top tier football school but they SPEND like they are THE top football school. You do recruit like they have with consistently underwhelming and mediocre results without putting your monetary nuts on the table and spending cash.

They are an outlier in that they don't reap the rewards of solid recruiting. Most of the other schools that recruit Top 5 and Too 5 will get at least 1 year where they are 9-10 regular season wins or above. TAMU doesn't do that. Yet they still get recruits. They have $$$$ that we will NEVER be able to overcome. Unfortunate fact of football life. TAMU could do whatever they wanted to in football because of the money. They have a culture problem not being able to have had higher levels of success with their resources and $$$

So.... because they have money, they can go buy recruits unchecked?

MetEdDawg
02-05-2020, 08:17 PM
So.... because they have money, they can go buy recruits unchecked?

Correct. The quicker you learn that the easier it will make this.

You have no evidence and are calling for others to put their careers on the line to investigate one kid. Did they pay him? I'm sure they did. But it's easy to be a martyr for a cause you aren't willing to put your career on the line for.

Get over it and move past it. It is what it is and that's how it will be. If we take care of our business things will work out.

timotheus
02-05-2020, 08:19 PM
I don't see why some do not understand how this deal worked.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 08:31 PM
Correct. The quicker you learn that the easier it will make this.

You have no evidence and are calling for others to put their careers on the line to investigate one kid. Did they pay him? I'm sure they did. But it's easy to be a martyr for a cause you aren't willing to put your career on the line for.

Get over it and move past it. It is what it is and that's how it will be. If we take care of our business things will work out.

Why would someone's career be on the line?

Rosebowl's career was made by this.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 08:32 PM
I don't see why some do not understand how this deal worked.

Oh we get it. It's just that all we ever heard was you can't cross state lines and buy players.

Again, if MSU did what A&M just did, we'd be investigated to high hell

Turfdawg67
02-05-2020, 08:40 PM
I can't believe this idiotic thread has made it 8 pages. But then again.

You just contributed to its longevity... oh wait! Damn!

timotheus
02-05-2020, 08:43 PM
He was compensated by more than 1 schools fans. In the end , he signed with the best deal, long term. Like Tunsil, he might not have wanted to go there but he had to.

Coursesuper
02-05-2020, 08:49 PM
You just contributed to its longevity... oh wait! Damn!

And you're still a dick. Bless your heart.

Turfdawg67
02-05-2020, 08:54 PM
And you're still a dick. Bless your heart.

Joke went over your dumbass head... bless your heart.

MetEdDawg
02-05-2020, 08:54 PM
Why would someone's career be on the line?

Rosebowl's career was made by this.

Because it doesn't always turn out that way.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 09:12 PM
Because it doesn't always turn out that way.

Like when did it not?

defiantdog
02-05-2020, 09:17 PM
This is what happens when we have a boring signing day..... we complain about our top in-state recruit (who would barely be in the top 10 in Georgia) going to A&M. Who cares..... it's one guy. We just pulled a stud QB from California who's probably never been to Mississippi except for last week.

deadheaddawg
02-05-2020, 09:20 PM
Ignoring that from 2009-18 only 2 of the #1 ranked MS players went out of state. What changed for 2019 thru now? Each school has had gone thru 3 coaching staffs and both teams have gotten probation. When ole Miss and MSU are stable programs, it happens less. It ain't hard to figure out.

The thread should have ended right here.

There really is nothing else to say.

IMissJack
02-05-2020, 09:54 PM
[QUOTE=IMissJack;1229260]

What does how much money A&M has have to do with this being similar to Tunsil?

Please explain this further if you will

I mean they have the best of everything in their football facility. They just spent over $500M on a stadium renovation, they did not add aluminum bleacher kits like OM did. They have a coach that is one of the highest paid in the nation, and has a NC. Their school endowment is $13.5 Billion (which is about half of Texas'). I'm not saying they did anything wrong with this recruit, all I'm saying is that they are not OM by a long shot, and comparing Tunsil coming to OM to this is not the same.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-05-2020, 10:00 PM
I am. I'm a proud Mississippian that would like to see our best players not leave the state. Thus, when out of state schools buy players in the state, it would be nice if we would actually provide some push back so that it doesn't happen every year

So how are we going to stop it? The kid didn?t want to go to school in Mississippi are we going to force kids to stay and go to a school they don?t want to go to? You are making a bigger deal out of this than it is...we literally just had Jeffrey Simmons, Chris Jones and have Nathan Pickering on our team now. You need to take a step back and realize how ridiculous you are being right now. Stop embarrassing yourself. I don?t remember this reaction from you when Nakobe Dean went to Georgia.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 10:14 PM
So how are we going to stop it? The kid didn?t want to go to school in Mississippi are we going to force kids to stay and go to a school they don?t want to go to? You are making a bigger deal out of this than it is...we literally just had Jeffrey Simmons, Chris Jones and have Nathan Pickering on our team now. You need to take a step back and realize how ridiculous you are being right now. Stop embarrassing yourself. I don?t remember this reaction from you when Nakobe Dean went to Georgia.

Nakobe Dean's dad is a Dr that lives in Atlanta & the kid was a 4.0 GPA. Not saying he didn't get anything, but clearly two very different situations.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-05-2020, 10:24 PM
Nakobe Dean's dad is a Dr that lives in Atlanta & the kid was a 4.0 GPA. Not saying he didn't get anything, but clearly two very different situations.

Ahhh so there are exceptions what was Byron Young’s story? Raekwon Davis?...just stop bro. I know we have had beef on here before but over the last month I have noticed I actually agree with a lot of what you post. But this is way off man.

Gutter Cobreh
02-05-2020, 10:26 PM
I tried to read all the comments, so I may have missed this pointed out - but I haven't seen anyone correlate Shotgun's conspiracy with who A&M's current AD is. Maybe he took what he learned at Ole Miss and is simply doing a better job implementing that plan at A&M....

Count me in the category of not giving a damn what they do or whether they cheated or not. One player does not make a team successful, unless your Cam Newton.

Percho
02-05-2020, 10:37 PM
We must have overpaid for no 10!

3rdGen
02-05-2020, 10:50 PM
So............did we turn them in yet? *****

softballfanatic1
02-05-2020, 11:01 PM
Kids cannot go to school where they want to go because some 30k posts keyboard warriors said so. CHEATERS********

softballfanatic1
02-05-2020, 11:04 PM
So when are we marching to the SEC or the NCAA office to protest?** ?Should?ve stayed home! Or gone to a shotgundawg approved school!?

Bothrops
02-05-2020, 11:22 PM

Yep, they out-packaged the others.

Todd4State
02-05-2020, 11:39 PM
Like when did it not?

Hugh Freeze.

TUSK
02-05-2020, 11:50 PM
I wouldn't forgive myself if I didn't see this "Bus crash of Central American Orphans" type thread make it to 10 pages... so, I'll bite...

If Texas A&M is, in fact, a "2nd Tier Football Program", then who is in:

a) Tier 1?
b) Tier 2?, and, finally
c) What are the "qualifications" that designate programs to said "Tiers"???

StateDawg44
02-06-2020, 08:55 AM

So he was too good for MS is what you're saying?

So you're one of those types????

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2020, 09:29 AM
Good lord, this thread is still going?

smootness
02-06-2020, 09:30 AM

You. Don't. Know. This. Is. What. Happened.

Say it again

One more time

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2020, 09:31 AM

Say it again

One more time

State82
02-06-2020, 09:52 AM
This is rivaling a Bert stare thread in longevity.

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2020, 09:54 AM
Shut this damn thread down. Shut her down I tell ya

TUSK
02-06-2020, 12:05 PM
It's the gift that keeps on givin'....

https://i.imgur.com/44JTmmz.jpg

KentuckyDawg13
02-06-2020, 12:36 PM
Maybe McKinley Jackson just likes male cheerleaders? **

Ezsoil
02-06-2020, 03:27 PM
As much as I don't like Jimbo, and don't think he will awaken the Sleeping Giant, this is exactly right. Jimbo is a damn good recruiter and he has resources. He landed guys like this at FSU and at LSU. It's not an out of the blue Tunsil situation.

There isn't a school in the country with the resources of Texas A&M ...throw in they now have an AD that will look the other way and actually encourages blatant cheating... it's a tough combination.

Jack Lambert
02-06-2020, 03:56 PM
There isn't a school in the country with the resources of Texas A&M ...throw in they now have an AD that will look the other way and actually encourages blatant cheating... it's a tough combination.

Also you can throw in the fact U of TX has as much as they do and they are going to be competing for in state talent, A&M is going to have to put out more. Dang if you are a 5 Star in Texas you could make some really good money, and set you parents up for life.

gravedigger
02-06-2020, 03:59 PM

Couldn't see that when you were posting the same thing 15 times earlier? Are you really this oblivious?

Coursesuper
02-06-2020, 04:05 PM
Couldn't see that when you were posting the same thing 15 times earlier? Are you really this oblivious?

Nail on head. And yep.

Bothrops
02-06-2020, 04:19 PM

"Kill it, Quint......now!"

TUSK
02-06-2020, 08:21 PM

Yeah, I thought I misread that, at first...

Hell, I'm shootin' for "11".....

IMissJack
02-06-2020, 09:04 PM

Texas says hold my beer. UT endowment $30B aTm endowment $13.5B

ScoobaDawg
02-06-2020, 09:36 PM

Shut it down? Hell I say make it a link in your signature...

ShotgunDawg
02-06-2020, 10:36 PM
Just to conclude this thread: An OM Spirit poster with apparent knowledge of Jackson's recruitment is saying he got $250K.

I guess we're cool with that although we'd never get away with that in Texas.

Apoplectic
02-06-2020, 10:51 PM
Just to conclude this thread: An OM Spirit poster with apparent knowledge of Jackson's recruitment is saying he got $250K.

guess bama is still only offering 200 for DL - albert means said inflation is real

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-06-2020, 11:38 PM

So you are concluding the thread by leaving us with words of wisdom from Spirit. This is a perfect way to end this ridiculous thread

Gutter Cobreh
02-06-2020, 11:39 PM

Are you seriously using the Spirit as your source of information?

You really have gone off the rails....

timotheus
02-07-2020, 12:21 AM
The total amount from all parties combined is much more than the 250 number. By the time the monthly pick me ups over the next few years are complete, he will quadruple the 250. the struggle is real

TUSK
02-07-2020, 01:18 AM

Yo.... I'm doing the best I can, dammit,,,

TUSK
02-07-2020, 01:24 AM
This thread just got more interestin'...

Now, we got peeps talkin' outta their collective asses 'bout shit of which they are (mostly) ill imformed,,,, sp

BrunswickDawg
02-07-2020, 06:11 AM

Well, cost of attendance for an out of state student at A&M is just over $48k a year, so looks like they are actually pretty close if they are counting a redshirt year.***

yjnkdawg
02-07-2020, 11:13 AM

I agree or maybe even pin it to the top. Shotgun got what he thrives on, and that is an attention seeking thread, increased post count, and many controversial replies and responses......................................... .............. The Athletic Department is still patiently waiting to hear all of his viable recommendations on the betterment of our athletic programs, so that his suggestions and recommendations can be diligently reviewed and then quickly implemented in improving the way our athletic programs function and the direction that they are headed. The plan on the doming of DWS is still on the table for further evaluation and discussion.***

deadheaddawg
02-07-2020, 01:55 PM
Has shotgun admitted how stupid of a thread this was yet?

Extendedcab
02-07-2020, 02:48 PM
Oh my, what a cast of characters we have here. I will say it is very entertaining though! :cool: PTLGD!!

BB30
02-07-2020, 03:20 PM

Ha Ha you have a post every couple of months about Mississippians etc. We know your perception of the people in Mississippi is poor.

So, I have an idea how about if it bothers you so much that another school came in and outbid Mississippi schools for a player you donate the money to that kid to get him to state instead of expecting others to do it.
All I am hearing from you is complaining without providing any real solution...

How about you contact the NCAA and "put a stop to those pesky teams" coming into MS and getting a kid

Ezsoil
02-07-2020, 06:00 PM
Texas says hold my beer. UT endowment $30B aTm endowment $13.5B

Yo homes the endowment ain't got squat to do with it...the money for athletics comes from private foundations and a willingness for the fan base to support the program....While I was was talking about just the SEC, I'll play your game ..if endowments meant anything why doesn't Harvard have the best Athletic teams on the planet? If endowments meant anything, MSU would have a tough time being in top 200. The non athletic giving at MSU is horrible.