Gonna be a short thread.

Haha... let's use this for around the sec too then

starkvegasdawg
02-05-2020, 07:54 AM
Gonna be a short thread.

That's what she said.

Dawgbite
02-05-2020, 08:01 AM
We both started at the same time, it's not my fault that she can't keep up!

monroedawg5646
02-05-2020, 08:22 AM
We both started at the same time, it's not my fault that she can't keep up!
Ive won a lot of ball games 1-0.

starkvegasdawg
02-05-2020, 09:29 AM
Rufus Harvey in the boat.

HailStateSZN19
02-05-2020, 09:31 AM
So far we got Jamari Stewart, Rufus Harvey, and Kyle Cass in the boat.

Sounds like OM is limping to the finish line. Wideman the 4* WR they were expecting to flip from FSU is leaning heavy TN this morning. Marcus Henderson who they thought they had in the bag is now leaning Arky this morning. Kauffman the DB committed to Vandy has been considering OM heavily the last week or 2 and sounds like he might opt to stick with Vandy. That's 3 kids they thought were almost locks this week and might not get any of them. That Lane Train is coming and you'd better watch out!!!*******

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 09:35 AM
Rufus Harvey in the boat.

I'm calling it right now.

He gets playing time this Fall & makes an impact.

The more I think about his skill set, the more I think it's a perfect fit for what Leach wants

StateDawg44
02-05-2020, 09:43 AM
Pretty much anyone else is a surprise basically right?

BeardoMSU
02-05-2020, 09:45 AM
So far we got Jamari Stewart, Rufus Harvey, and Kyle Cass in the boat.

Sounds like OM is limping to the finish line. Wideman the 4* WR they were expecting to flip from FSU is leaning heavy TN this morning. Marcus Henderson who they thought they had in the bag is now leaning Arky this morning. Kauffman the DB committed to Vandy has been considering OM heavily the last week or 2 and sounds like he might opt to stick with Vandy. That's 3 kids they thought were almost locks this week and might not get any of them. That Lane Train is coming and you'd better watch out!!!*******

Those bitches are just praying that Evans signs with them so they can taut "starz" in their class, lol.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 09:48 AM
Just watched Rufus' HUDL video & I'm not sure he won't be one of the more polished WRs on our roster. Would be great for him to develop into a Hunter Renfrow type from Clemson

http://www.hudl.com/profile/13063301/Rufus-Harvey-III

Lord McBuckethead
02-05-2020, 09:50 AM
Time for CML to find a baller WR that sneaks into the class. There has to be a 5* WR that wants a shot at 2k receiving yards next year.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 09:52 AM
Time for CML to find a baller WR that sneaks into the class. There has to be a 5* WR that wants a shot at 2k receiving yards next year.

Maybe next year

CadaverDawg
02-05-2020, 09:58 AM
Since we have very few spots to fill today, I'm all ears on more updates on the Rebel recruiting misses. Feel free to share more. Their tears are a great addition to morning coffee

HailStateSZN19
02-05-2020, 10:00 AM
Those bitches are just praying that Evans signs with them so they can taut "starz" in their class, lol.

But really, even if they get him, he's not going to get them to usual desired PR splash like in years past. Anyone that follows recruiting knows damn well what that kid is. He's nothing but a drama queen who could turn into a huge locker room issue unless he grows up really quickly. There's a reason so many blue bloods have moved on from him. IF they do get him, they can't chalk it up to "we out recruited blue bloods for him" or any of that BS. Everyone knows damn well that few teams are left willing to put up with the drama BS after all he's pulled. It won't get them any "positive publicity" outside of their own peanut sized brains.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 10:00 AM
Since we have very few spots to fill today, I'm all ears on more updates on the Rebel recruiting misses. Feel free to share more. Their tears are a great addition to morning coffee

I'm actually glad we have a few spots. Grad Transfer space

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 10:02 AM

They lost the WR Wideman to Tennessee

CadaverDawg
02-05-2020, 10:04 AM
They lost the WR Wideman to Tennessee

https://media2.giphy.com/media/FyKfqRxVbzciY/giphy.gif

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 10:05 AM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/FyKfqRxVbzciY/giphy.gif

Looks like all their targets are announcing in the next hour

I think they are learning pretty quickly that Kiffin doesn't have recruiting ferry dust.

They're either going to have to cheat or Kiffin is going to have to coach. Not sure they're capable of successfully doing either

HoopsDawg
02-05-2020, 10:08 AM
I'm actually glad we have a few spots. Grad Transfer space

Looks like we have room for 3 grad transfers. Hopefully we can pick up a WR, LB, and DB after the spring.

CadaverDawg
02-05-2020, 10:11 AM
L O L

https://i.imgflip.com/3o92b2.jpg

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 10:13 AM
L O L

https://i.imgflip.com/3o92b2.jpg

Because the staff is delusional. The staff are recruiters, not reporters.

Listening to David Johnson on the radio is ridiculous

StateDawg44
02-05-2020, 10:24 AM
Looks like we have room for 3 grad transfers. Hopefully we can pick up a WR, LB, and DB after the spring.

We will have attrition. We will have more than 3 spots I'd bet come summer if we don't sign anyone else today.

I trust the staff though so I'm not really worrying about much else happening today at all. Hail yeah if it does though.

Dawgology
02-05-2020, 10:24 AM
Because the staff is delusional. The staff are recruiters, not reporters.

Listening to David Johnson on the radio is ridiculous

The fact that the Ole Miss faithful still buy in to this crap is hilarious. They are their own worst enemy and they don't even see it. Ole Miss' REAL rival is themselves.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 10:25 AM
A&M signed a RB today meaning that Ole Miss may get Zach Evans. Problem is that the kid can't sign a LOI today for some reason & will continue to take visits.

We'll see what happens

HailStateSZN19
02-05-2020, 10:34 AM
Marcus Henderson signs with Arkansas over OM.

McKinnley Jackson signs with A&M.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 10:35 AM
Ole Miss just lost Marcus Henderson to Arkansas

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 10:36 AM

I don't get this at all. Like at all.

Did A&M just walk into Mississippi with a bag of cash. How does this happen?

Strangest Mississippi signing I can ever remember

HoopsDawg
We will have attrition. We will have more than 3 spots I'd bet come summer if we don't sign anyone else today.

I trust the staff though so I'm not really worrying about much else happening today at all. Hail yeah if it does though.

It's not about the 83. Grad transfers count as signees. So it's about the 25 and count backs.

Maroonthirteen
Marcus Henderson signs with Arkansas over OM.

So what's the scoop there? Did the kid just prefer aTM? Or did Bama and LSU pass

HoopsDawg
02-05-2020, 10:38 AM

I don't get it either. A&M is a strange fit.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 10:40 AM
I don't get it either. A&M is a strange fit.

It doesn't even make any sense. Like at all.

A&M isn't even that attractive of a place. They don't really win & it's College Station.

I get how A&M recruits Dallas & Houston well, but I don't understand a kid from Lucedale, MS going there to play DL over Bama, LSU, MSU, & Auburn.

Again, strangest signing I've ever seen.

Hopefully, someone turns A&M in for cross state lines with this BS

HailStateSZN19
02-05-2020, 10:41 AM
So what's the scoop there? Did the kid just prefer aTM? Or did Bama and LSU pass

Just guessing but it sounds like A&M might have just outbid Bama.

A&M had some early momentum with him back during the spring and summer time I believe and once he recently came out and said something along the lines of "I've known where I wanted to go for a while", that kind of was a hint because A&M was his first place he was leaning to heavily if I remember correctly. Very very strange recruitment. Only behind Zach Evans this cycle as far as craziest recruitment.

CadaverDawg
02-05-2020, 10:41 AM
David Johnson jumped the shark hahahahaha....

https://i.imgflip.com/3o970a.jpg

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 10:42 AM
When does this guy get a show cause?

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 10:43 AM
Just guessing but it sounds like A&M might have just outbid Bama.

A&M had some early momentum with him back during the spring and summer time I believe and once he recently came out and said something along the lines of "I've known where I wanted to go for a while", that kind of was a hint because A&M was his first place he was leaning to heavily if I remember correctly. Very very strange recruitment. Only behind Zach Evans this cycle as far as craziest recruitment.

Just goes to show how impossible recruiting is.

A&M needs to go on probation for this. Just a ridiculous on the surface

BeardoMSU
02-05-2020, 10:45 AM
David Johnson jumped the shark hahahahaha....

https://i.imgflip.com/3o970a.jpg

https://i.gifer.com/3Q0w.gif

HailStateSZN19
02-05-2020, 10:47 AM

I wouldn't be shocked if the NCAA is on A&M's door step soon because of this since Bama whiffed on him. Bama was probably about the only place he could have gone with them dropping bags of cash on his door & not have the NCAA on them.

HancockCountyDog
02-05-2020, 10:47 AM

Jimbo understands the game - and A&M has enough name recognition that people won't question it.

Now if we went into Texas and landed their best DL I'm pretty sure every national pundit/moron would be calling for the NCAA to get cracking.

trob115
02-05-2020, 10:51 AM
Ladamian Webb, former MSU signee, signs with FSU.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 10:54 AM
Jimbo understands the game - and A&M has enough name recognition that people won't question it.

Now if we went into Texas and landed their best DL I'm pretty sure every national pundit/moron would be calling for the NCAA to get cracking.

I disagree. A&M doesn't have the clout for this. The Mississippi reporters need to investigate this

CadaverDawg
02-05-2020, 10:58 AM
Where would we be ranked currently if Cole Smith, Lashley, and Costello were part of recruiting rankings? Or are they? I have no clue. Aren't we mid 20's at the moment?

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:00 AM
Where would we be ranked currently if Cole Smith, Lashley, and Costello were part of recruiting rankings? Or are they? I have no clue. Aren't we mid 20's at the moment?

The entire grad transfer thing & how to calculate it is really fuzzy.

However, where it will show up is on 247's roster rankings that come out in August. Honestly, that ranking is way more important that recruiting rankings

HancockCountyDog
02-05-2020, 11:02 AM
I disagree. A&M doesn't have the clout for this. The Mississippi reporters need to investigate this

Jimbo does though.

People don't ask questions when a coach like Jimbo wins a recruiting battle. They just chalk it up to Jimbo "winning" another recruiting battle.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:04 AM

Since you asked though, if MSU signed players in this class with the exact same rankings as the 3 players you asked about, we'd have the #22 class

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:05 AM
Jimbo does though.

The state of Mississippi needs to stand up for itself here.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:10 AM
Ole Miss whiffing on errrr-body

HailStateSZN19
02-05-2020, 11:28 AM
Ole Miss whiffs on Daran Branch. Signs with Georgia.

KOdawg1
02-05-2020, 11:33 AM
Ole Miss whiffs on Daran Branch. Signs with Georgia.

This is hilarious. They're trying to convince themselves that this is a "transition class." Maybe recruits are just seeing through the Lane Train bullshit

HailStateSZN19
02-05-2020, 11:35 AM
This is hilarious. They're trying to convince themselves that this is a "transition class." Maybe recruits are just seeing through the Lane Train bullshit

They're literally on their 247 board starting a BS rumor about Marcus Henderson being arrested like last night and that's the reason they "dropped" him and he signed with Arkansas. It's the same sh*t every single year with them.

BeardoMSU
02-05-2020, 11:36 AM

Yup, the narrative also being that their staff "will not recruit projects just to fill roster spots; they want guys that are SEC ready...", lol...yeah, good luck with that.

thf24
02-05-2020, 11:45 AM

I don't know where they got this idea that Kiffin is some kind of great recruiter. The only data points as a power 5 head coach are closing on a top 10 class put together by his predecessor at Tennessee, and getting incrementally worse through four cycles at USC where any warm body should sign a top 10 class yearly.

BeardoMSU
02-05-2020, 11:46 AM
I don't know where they got this idea that Kiffin is some kind of great recruiter. The only data points as a power 5 head coach are closing on a top 10 class put together by his predecessor at Tennessee, and getting incrementally worse through four cycles at USC where any warm body should sign a top 10 class yearly.

This^^

They're just caught up in his C-list "celebrity" status.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:51 AM
This^^

They're just caught up in his C-list "celebrity" status.

Yup.

Introverts with a twitter account usually don't equal great recruiters

bulldawg28
02-05-2020, 11:54 AM
https://i.gifer.com/3Q0w.gif

Nice!

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 11:55 AM
Live look at the Lane Train. Can't wait to see the reaction when he starts 1-4 next year

https://media.giphy.com/media/wWE1pAnw6axMc/giphy.gif

Leeshouldveflanked
02-05-2020, 12:29 PM
Ole miss recruiting ?surgically?.... ha....

msstate7
02-05-2020, 12:30 PM
Pittman did a good job in short order at ark recruiting wise. He may be a handful on the recruiting trail going forward

Cowbell
02-05-2020, 12:38 PM
Pittman did a good job in short order at ark recruiting wise. He may be a handful on the recruiting trail going forward
Yes indeed

chef dixon
02-05-2020, 12:59 PM
Were we expecting Benson? Hes going to IU

HailStateSZN19
02-05-2020, 01:01 PM
UF loses Tae Williams to Miami and then Jahmyr Gibbs to GT LOL.

Tae Williams is the #1 safety in the country and Gibbs is a 4* RB with elite speed. They are calling for Knox and English both to be fired.

maroonmania
02-05-2020, 01:10 PM

Yea, that one is surprising. Not sure what the draw to Indiana would be over us. Kind of hurts to lose both Spencer and Benson. We needed one or the other. This is pretty weak OL class for us. Nice to get Lashley but that is only a one year addition.

HoopsDawg
02-05-2020, 01:40 PM

Tae Williams is the #1 safety in the country and Gibbs is a 4* RB with elite speed. They are calling for Knox and English both to be fired.

Mullen has done a good job with transfers, but his HS recruiting is not up to UF standards.

BrunswickDawg
02-05-2020, 01:41 PM

#CountryClub

msstate7
02-05-2020, 01:45 PM
Mullen has done a good job with transfers, but his HS recruiting is not up to UF standards.

This is a big season for Mullen. I think he has his window to win the East. Be interesting if he can take the next step

HancockCountyDog
02-05-2020, 01:47 PM

That stings a little. We will have to hit the juco market on the OL next year.

It could be worse - we could be the bearsharks - they may only sign 15. Looks like the NCAA hammer is actually falling a few years later than expected. Talk about a brutal finish.

maroonmania
02-05-2020, 02:02 PM
That stings a little. We will have to hit the juco market on the OL next year.

It could be worse - we could be the bearsharks - they may only sign 15. Looks like the NCAA hammer is actually falling a few years later than expected. Talk about a brutal finish.

Well their disaster of a year should not be our measuring stick. Biggest sting was that we could have definitely signed Spencer and maybe even Benson in the early period and JoMo failed to do so. Sucks that we couldn't get either during this period with the momentum we have with Leach. Missouri and Indiana should not be programs we are losing nearby players to. Spencer was likely going to follow MJohnson whereever he went given an offer but I don't know what in the heck Benson's draw to Indiana was. Going up north to play football at a B10 basketball school?

Todd4State
02-05-2020, 02:38 PM
Well their disaster of a year should not be our measuring stick. Biggest sting was that we could have definitely signed Spencer and maybe even Benson in the early period and JoMo failed to do so. Sucks that we couldn't get either during this period with the momentum we have with Leach. Missouri and Indiana should not be programs we are losing nearby players to. Spencer was likely going to follow MJohnson whereever he went given an offer but I don't know what in the heck Benson's draw to Indiana was. Going up north to play football at a B10 basketball school?

I wouldn't be surprised if we get Spencer from the transfer portal because I doubt Marcus Johnson is going to be there for five years.

msstate7
02-05-2020, 04:06 PM
Looks like Tennessee had a good day. They're #10 in recruiting, and this doesn't include getting a 5-star oline transfer from Georgia who started there

KOdawg1
02-05-2020, 04:15 PM
Looks like Tennessee had a good day. They're #10 in recruiting, and this doesn't include getting a 5-star oline transfer from Georgia who started there

I'll give Pruitt credit. He seems to have pulled them out of a near disastrous situation at least for now. They were headed for a complete train wreck there for awhile

Johnson85
02-05-2020, 05:37 PM

Attrition only helps with the 85, not the 25. The 3 spots is based on spots left in the 25 I think.

Johnson85
02-05-2020, 05:43 PM

How does A&M, a school with a shit ton of money and crazy boosters, walk into Mississippi with a bag of cash?

I don't get how you are perplexed by this. A&M is not Bama or LSU, but they can still hand out bags of cash and get the full protection of the SEC. I don't think it'd be any different if they walked in and got the #1 recruit from Louisiana or Bama. Except that they'd probably have to over pay significantly to do it.

chef dixon
02-05-2020, 06:32 PM
Recruiting to UT has never been their issue

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 06:37 PM
Recruiting to UT has never been their issue

Typically those teams that hang around the 7-12 mark in recruiting are taking HIGH risk 4 & 5 stars.

That leads to volatile teams & cultures. It's why Auburn has always been a roller coaster. Teams that recruit in the top 5 usually get character & intelligence with their 4/5 star ranking

maroonmania
02-05-2020, 07:15 PM
Attrition only helps with the 85, not the 25. The 3 spots is based on spots left in the 25 I think.

Or 83 in our case.

ScrotieMcBoogerBalls
02-05-2020, 07:17 PM
Just saw on the news that Detraveon Brown (WR from Shreveport) signed with Ole Miss but didn't actually receive a LOI from them. WTF??

Turfdawg67
02-05-2020, 07:18 PM
Yea, that one is surprising. Not sure what the draw to Indiana would be over us. Kind of hurts to lose both Spencer and Benson. We needed one or the other. This is pretty weak OL class for us. Nice to get Lashley but that is only a one year addition.

Well obviously IU waltzed into MS with a bag of cash and bought him! Why else would an 18 yo leave. Get detective Shotgun Dog on the case, stat!***

ETA... and who give a flying 17 about UT recruiting except Mr. Post-a-Lot??