PDA

View Full Version : QB

BuckyIsAB****
02-04-2020, 08:29 PM
I think yall can get your goodbyes out of the way with Shrader. Any of yall hoping he would RS are totally crazy. He was never gonna do that and I dont blame him for it. But he is probably gone IMO

bulldawg28
02-04-2020, 08:39 PM
I think yall can get your goodbyes out of the way with Shrader. Any of yall hoping he would RS are totally crazy. He was never gonna do that and I dont blame him for it. But he is probably gone IMO

Where is he going to Oregon?

msstate7
02-04-2020, 08:41 PM
Leach passing on Keyes implies to me that leach has no desire for a dual guy. This is pretty unscientific though lol

BuckyIsAB****
02-04-2020, 08:49 PM
Leach passing on Keyes implies to me that leach has no desire for a dual guy. This is pretty unscientific though lol

It aint that he doesnt want a dual threat guy. He wants a junkie and Shrader aint that right now. And honestly if I wouldnt blame him for leaving he didnt sign up to run the air raid.

You cant live the party life and play for Leach. Minshew has his fun but he is a football rat

Lord McBuckethead
02-04-2020, 08:49 PM
Why would any qb shy away from a year with Leech?

BuckyIsAB****
02-04-2020, 08:50 PM

Going from Moorhead to Leach is a huge transition in terms of what you are going to be held accountable for

Cowbell
02-04-2020, 09:00 PM
Going from Moorhead to Leach is a huge transition in terms of what you are going to be held accountable for

Hows Will transitioning Bucky?

BuckyIsAB****
02-04-2020, 09:02 PM
Hows Will transitioning Bucky?

He has been leading the throwing sessions

HailStateSZN19
02-04-2020, 09:06 PM

Costello gonna break some single season passing records next year then Will is going to come behind him and blow those up and probably set some all-time passing records at MSU with him slinging it 50 times per game. Very excited to see him develop with Leach.

BuckyIsAB****
02-04-2020, 09:07 PM
With Costello missing the spring, if Shrader wants a shot he needs to have a monster spring

Cowbell
02-04-2020, 09:15 PM
Thanks for your insight

AmiteDog
02-04-2020, 09:23 PM
See ya. He?s not that good of a qb. If he didn?t have an Amish beard or go for a helicopter ride he wouldn?t have stood out at all this season.

bulldawg28
02-04-2020, 09:24 PM

Leading as in the 1st to start the drill.

Bdawg
02-04-2020, 09:29 PM

To be honest, I don't really want that kind of player who has a problem being held accountable for things. He's the QB! He should be held to a higher standard anyway.

HaggardDawg
02-04-2020, 09:36 PM
See ya. He?s not that good of a qb. If he didn?t have an Amish beard or go for a helicopter ride he wouldn?t have stood out at all this season.

This is true

Cooterpoot
02-04-2020, 09:38 PM
You guys ripping on a player suck. Let it play out. No point in ripping on a kid that gave you everything he had last year.

Jack Lambert
02-04-2020, 09:52 PM
I have a feeling we will get more 4 star QB's going in future.

chef dixon
02-04-2020, 09:54 PM
You guys ripping on a player suck. Let it play out. No point in ripping on a kid that gave you everything he had last year.

I thought the folks in the know have been hinting that he didn't give anything close to his all

Cooterpoot
02-04-2020, 10:26 PM
I thought the folks in the know have been hinting that he didn't give anything close to his all

They're wrong. I'm not saying he didn't have a good time, but he took a beating (in more ways than one) and got thrown into the fire when he should've been redshirting. I'd give just about all the guys a break (minus the tutor gate group). Last year was a cluster 17 because of the coach and a total lack of leadership and organization by the staff.
We've got too many fans that want to rip kids.

Maroonthirteen
02-04-2020, 10:27 PM
It's a MSU tradition..... trash the QB.

I think the one thing State fans can agree on..... withOut Shrader ..... we don't go bowling last year.

Todd4State
02-04-2020, 11:18 PM
They're wrong. I'm not saying he didn't have a good time, but he took a beating (in more ways than one) and got thrown into the fire when he should've been redshirting. I'd give just about all the guys a break (minus the tutor gate group). Last year was a cluster 17 because of the coach and a total lack of leadership and organization by the staff.

Well said. It all goes back to Moorhead. There was a reason why Cohen emphasized discipline when he announced that we fired him.

Todd4State
02-04-2020, 11:19 PM
It's a MSU tradition..... trash the QB.

I think the one thing State fans can agree on..... withOut Shrader ..... we don't go bowling last year.

I think we win the Music City Bowl with Shrader too. Which is kind of interesting to think about because if that happens Joe probably stays. Of course that would mean that the Gay/Shrader incident didn't occur.

Cowbell
02-04-2020, 11:22 PM
This x1000. It has gotten ridiculous on here lately.

Bdawg
02-05-2020, 12:00 AM
To be honest, I don't really want that kind of player who has a problem being held accountable for things. He's the QB! He should be held to a higher standard anyway.

Just to be clear, I wasn't ripping the guy. I think he could do well if he stayed and redshirted and learned the system with his 4 games. But my statement above still stands. If he doesn't like the scheme and fit, I'm fine with a transfer. If he doesn't like being held accountable and wants to transfer, then good riddance. That's my difference.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 12:15 AM

Well then, if Shrader can't do this, then he needs to leave.

NCDawg
02-05-2020, 12:21 AM

I agree with that. Shrader has the talent to be a real good QB in my opinion. Don't forget he was a freshman last year. He really should have been red-shirted but he had to play.

BhamDawg205
02-05-2020, 01:39 AM

Says the guy that rips KT every time he's brought up.... Any way if Shrader or KT or Mayden leaves so be it. Each players has so many starts to audition for the NFL. At the end of the day everyone has to do what's best for their future.

Todd4State
02-05-2020, 02:24 AM
Well then, if Shrader can't do this, then he needs to leave.

I actually think he would do quite well in Leach's system.

Let's not forget that some "good nice guy" players like Nick Gibson had been suspended under Moorhead as well. It's only if it's a pattern that it really concerns me. Like Willie Gay.

Barking 13
02-05-2020, 05:38 AM
I’m curious to see if the mad scientist creates some sort of hybrid air assault with designed qb run plays thrown in. Say you just scored on your first three possessions with kJ. Slinging it all over. Return from the quarter break with (shrader) and hill in the same scheme. Now the defense has something else to worry about. We’ve seen the potential for some nice runs on some pretty good defenses. Throw this package in at opportune times.

MarketingBully
02-05-2020, 06:18 AM
I?ve never seen a fanbase get more good news and shit on themselves more then our fanbase does. Please do us all a favor and just STFU.

We got rid of Moorhead which everyone wanted and then hired the best HC we could get and then followed that up with getting the best grad transfer QB on the market that fits Leach?s scheme. What really do you guys want? I mean seriously. What????

FISHDAWG
02-05-2020, 08:42 AM
This is true

no ... that was BS. The guy played hard for us and for someone to say something like that is total horse shit

Dawgface
02-05-2020, 08:45 AM
With Costello missing the spring, if Shrader wants a shot he needs to have a monster spring

Will he be healthy enough to play at full speed this Spring?

StateDawg44
02-05-2020, 08:51 AM
Yeah, I don't get this shit take.

Without Shrader last year, Moorhead probably would've actually gotten fired after the Egg Bowl because we would've lost that game and multiple others throughout the year. He did much better than I expected him to be considering the situation he was put in.

People just love a good pile on because it somehow makes them feel good. Anyone who acts like just because we got a badass QB transfer (for 1 year) we can just kick our assumed backup QB to the curb is an idiot.

You're just plain and simple a pompous dick if you tell him to not let the door hit him on the way out if he chooses to leave after a major change in the system.

ETA: I'm not saying I'm glad Shrader saved Moorhead's job by any means. For an extra month at least. We would've been even worse than what we wound up at.

Maroonthirteen
02-05-2020, 09:57 AM
I haven't done a scientific study. But I believe the State fan base is so small..... a student sees Johnny QB at Ricks having a beer. then student tells friends and parents. Parents tells Sunday school class that Johnny QB drinks. After the first loss, Johnny QB is a party animal.

MedDawg
02-05-2020, 10:02 AM

This. What if Leach turns him into a 65% passer? If he improved and still left after 2020 because he was still 2nd string then he'd be much more attractive for other schools.

HancockCountyDog
02-05-2020, 10:52 AM
I hope he stays - but he really isn't a fit for the new offense the same way KT wasn't a fit for CJM offense.

Doesn't mean he wont' be a good QB somewhere else. Once again, I hope he stays - learns for a year and competes for the job in 2021. If not, I wish him nothing but the best of luck.

RiverCityDawg
02-05-2020, 11:28 AM
I haven't done a scientific study. But I believe the State fan base is so small..... a student sees Johnny QB at Ricks having a beer. then student tells friends and parents. Parents tells Sunday school class that Johnny QB drinks. After the first loss, Johnny QB is a party animal.

I've understood the issue to be more about the little things - being at meetings, going to class, study hall, etc. Then of course you can't let a practice "disagreement" get to the point that it turns into a full on fight at the end. Just general immaturity that you would rather not have in your QB/leader. If that's true, hopefully he puts all that behind him and grows up like college students often do.

Then again, maybe he eventually decides he just doesn't want to play in the air raid.

somebodyshotmypaw
02-05-2020, 01:15 PM
I hope Garrett stays and competes. If he leaves, then so be it.

Keyes is highly recruited and well thought of. He will probably end of being a great player in college football. But he needs a lot of work and development, as most quarterbacks do. He was totally overwhelmed against Jackson Prep. He looked like a deer in headlights and wasn't ready for that step-up in competition. But he will grow from it I'm sure.

Will Rogers has faced top high school competition playing 5A and 6A teams. So he is very prepared for a high school QB from Mississippi. Enrolling early will speed up his development.