PDA

View Full Version : Will MSU's 2020 Offense Be the Most Talented in School History?

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2020, 01:55 PM
What's your starting offense & is it the most talented in school history?

QB - Costello 97 rate 4 Star
RB - Kylin Hill 91 rated 4 Star
LT - Charles Cross 98 rated 5 star
RG - Dauruan Parker 84 rated 3 star
C - Laquinston Sharp - 87 rated 3 star or Cole Smith 4 star
RG - Stewart Reese - 87 rated 3 star
RT - Scott Lashley 92 rated 4 star
WR - Malik Heath - 89 rated 4 star
WR - Orsirus Mitchell - 84 rated 3 star
WR - Javonta Payton - 87 rated 3 star

Name your other WRs. I think some FR are going to have to play. I just can't come up with enough guys. Just ridiculous how much the WR position is holding us back. For goodness sakes, just give me a Bear Wilson & Fred Ross on this team & who knows what we're capable of. I expect Leach to fix that.

I feel like we're one GOOD grad transfer WR away from being really good.

parabrave
02-04-2020, 02:02 PM
I think that it counts on 3 things. 1, Will the guys catch the ball? 2. Can Costello and leach adjust to the speed of SEC defenses and finally will the OLine be able to protect the QB?

ShotgunDawg
02-04-2020, 02:12 PM
I think that it counts on 3 things. 1, Will the guys catch the ball? 2. Can Costello and leach adjust to the speed of SEC defenses and finally will the OLine be able to protect the QB?

I would say that based on Leach's background, there's a greater than 50/50 chance of saying yes to all of those.

Todd4State
02-04-2020, 03:11 PM
Austin Williams would be my fourth receiver right now. He is going to thrive in the Air Raid in the slot. I won't compare him to Welker because he's taller and not nearly as fast and shifty but he will catch the ball and move the sticks.

parabrave
02-04-2020, 03:36 PM
I would say that based on Leach's background, there's a greater than 50/50 chance of saying yes to all of those.

I believe that Leach will be able to adjust his offense to the opposition and that the Oline will be less confused on how and who to block but I just remember Tyler Russell getting killed back there waiting on a play to develop.

BuckyIsAB****
02-04-2020, 08:31 PM
Scott Lashley will be in a fight for his life to start

Coach34
02-04-2020, 08:54 PM
Austin Williams would be my fourth receiver right now. He is going to thrive in the Air Raid in the slot. I won't compare him to Welker because he's taller and not nearly as fast and shifty but he will catch the ball and move the sticks.

Austin Williams is a ULL or UAB level WR. He wont be in our top 6 in receptions in 2020. HE CANT GET OPEN

BuckyIsAB****
02-04-2020, 09:02 PM
Austin Williams is a ULL or UAB level WR. He wont be in our top 6 in receptions in 2020. HE CANT GET OPEN

Correct. I think he will improve but he is a better 50/50 guy that he is at getting seperation right now

Bothrops
02-04-2020, 09:21 PM

Think so too.

Todd4State
02-05-2020, 02:39 AM

I suspect some of that was Joe's scheme where he Austin primarily as an outside receiver and most of the routes were downfield routes like go routes where it's better if you have a receiver with speed. If Leach uses Williams in the slot he's be running more crossing routes like mesh and I think that will help him get open.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 07:25 AM

Agree. I've never understood the fascination with him.

I fully expect Tulu, Torbor, or Walley to beat him out.

Coursesuper
02-05-2020, 07:36 AM
I suspect some of that was Joe's scheme where he Austin primarily as an outside receiver and most of the routes were downfield routes like go routes where it's better if you have a receiver with speed. If Leach uses Williams in the slot he's be running more crossing routes like mesh and I think that will help him get open.

Um no, kid isn't an SEC player period. We passed on kids better than him in the last two years some of which wound up in FCS programs. This is another classic case of Rosey hype that y'all still believe.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2020, 08:05 AM

This is a good thing

We need all the competition we can get

Coach34
02-05-2020, 06:50 PM
I suspect some of that was Joe's scheme where he Austin primarily as an outside receiver and most of the routes were downfield routes

No he played in the slot and was said to be by Moorhead- "his ideal slot guy". JoVester hated our short, quick slots- which led to one of them transferring. He badly wanted Williams to be the guy as we kept hearing both Springs and Fall practices- but when games started- his playing time dropped because he cant get open. He wont be in our top 6 or 7 in catches. He needs to go to a top 1-AA or a Delta State and catch 50 balls for one of them. He is a 15 catch guy in the SEC.

maroonmania
02-05-2020, 07:23 PM
No he played in the slot and was said to be by Moorhead- "his ideal slot guy". JoVester hated our short, quick slots- which led to one of them transferring. He badly wanted Williams to be the guy as we kept hearing both Springs and Fall practices- but when games started- his playing time dropped because he cant get open. He wont be in our top 6 or 7 in catches. He needs to go to a top 1-AA or a Delta State and catch 50 balls for one of them. He is a 15 catch guy in the SEC.

I'm really interested to see what Leach does with Williams. Might could be our Brandon Arconado this year. For those not familiar, Arconado was the former walkon that was WSU's leading WR this past season.