PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Cass commits to Mississippi State

Mobile Bay
02-04-2020, 09:31 AM
https://twitter.com/K_cass8/status/1224497851004309510

FISHDAWG
02-04-2020, 09:41 AM
https://twitter.com/K_cass8/status/1224497851004309510?s=20

I read somewhere else that the S&C personnel / program really got his attention ..... also how mamma liked CML

smootness
02-04-2020, 09:59 AM
I read somewhere else that the S&C personnel / program really got his attention ..... also how mamma liked CML

Probably that, and the fact that we were far and away his best offer. Nothing else close.

FISHDAWG
02-04-2020, 10:04 AM
Probably that, and the fact that we were far and away his best offer. Nothing else close.

agreed but when is the last time you heard a player talk about S&C or someone's mamma liking our HC .... it's been a little while for me

Jack Lambert
02-04-2020, 10:06 AM
I heard Dick Cross say several weeks ago after the early signing period for Ole Miss not to worry. They will raise their class rankings by adding numbers. You would think they would have offered this guy. He will probably end up being a bad ass.

defiantdog
02-04-2020, 11:08 AM
Richard Sherman type DB..... he's not the fastest..... but he'll hit you in the mouth. May get a few PI calls against him..... but he won't be afraid to hit someone off the line. Not sure why he didn't get any other offers..... might be because there isn't the largest need for Juco CBs or teams already have their guys lined up like we did Darius Slay.

smootness
02-04-2020, 11:16 AM
Richard Sherman type DB..... he's not the fastest..... but he'll hit you in the mouth. May get a few PI calls against him..... but he won't be afraid to hit someone off the line. Not sure why he didn't get any other offers..... might be because there isn't the largest need for Juco CBs or teams already have their guys lined up like we did Darius Slay.

It's not like he's rated high, either. BTW, I am not bashing him or questioning that we're taking him. If the coaches like him, great. I'm just saying that this is not one I'd give the staff a ton of credit in regard to the actual recruiting aspect. He was an easy pull for us.

Johnson85
02-04-2020, 11:32 AM
It's not like he's rated high, either. BTW, I am not bashing him or questioning that we're taking him. If the coaches like him, great. I'm just saying that this is not one I'd give the staff a ton of credit in regard to the actual recruiting aspect. He was an easy pull for us.

Not sure where he is from, but if he's from MOorhead's recruiting area (i.e., the delta), he could be very underdeveloped. Lots of schools with bad coachign and awful S&C and if he's coming from one of those schools, he might really blossom in a good S&C program with good coaching. Would probably require a RS year, but that's fine if he has 3 to play 2.

smootness
02-04-2020, 11:39 AM
Not sure where he is from, but if he's from MOorhead's recruiting area (i.e., the delta), he could be very underdeveloped. Lots of schools with bad coachign and awful S&C and if he's coming from one of those schools, he might really blossom in a good S&C program with good coaching. Would probably require a RS year, but that's fine if he has 3 to play 2.

Again, I'm not speaking to his potential or what he may become. We've had plenty of guys like him who ended up being great. I'm just saying in this one instance, getting him doesn't really mean much in regard to the staff's recruiting ability.

defiantdog
02-04-2020, 11:43 AM
Again, I'm not speaking to his potential or what he may become. We've had plenty of guys like him who ended up being great. I'm just saying in this one instance, getting him doesn't really mean much in regard to the staff's recruiting ability.

Agreed..... not a K.J. Costello type pull

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2020, 12:02 PM

He is from Eight Mile, Alabama. He went to Mobile Blount HS. They have turned out several NFL players.

mparkerfd20
02-04-2020, 12:11 PM
Meh

Todd4State
02-04-2020, 12:18 PM
I heard Dick Cross say several weeks ago after the early signing period for Ole Miss not to worry. They will raise their class rankings by adding numbers. You would think they would have offered this guy. He will probably end up being a bad ass.

Masters at manipulating the numbers. Who cares if they are any good or contribute as long as they increase our recruiting ranking?

Johnson85
02-04-2020, 02:09 PM

AGreed getting hiim doesn't say much. But if he turns out to be good, it will say something good about their eye for talent. Guy's been sitting in JUCO and seems to have a good build, but no other interest from P5's? Could be the staff thinks he's marginal but knows we need bodies at DB, so we are extending an offer we might not if former staffs had left us in better shape at DB.

But we are getting tight on spots in this class if we want to chase WRs in the transfer portal, so I am hoping they saw him and felt like other people had misevaluated him.