PDA

View Full Version : Altmeyer to fsu

Homedawg
02-03-2020, 10:27 AM
Nt

HailStateSZN19
02-03-2020, 10:33 AM
Does this mean we go big-game hunting for the 2nd QB between Robertson/Keyes/Nuss? Or do you think the fact that we already have 1 QB committed might turn off the studs we're after? Would be interested to hear some knowledgeable opinions on how Greek already being committed will affect our QB recruiting the rest of the way.

ShotgunDawg
02-03-2020, 10:34 AM
Good

ShotgunDawg
02-03-2020, 10:36 AM
Does this mean we go big-game hunting for the 2nd QB between Robertson/Keyes/Nuss? Or do you think the fact that we already have 1 QB committed might turn off the studs we're after? Would be interested to hear some knowledgeable opinions on how Greek already being committed will affect our QB recruiting the rest of the way.

I think both Greek & Altmeyer were being considered for 2nd QB spot & we took Greek.

My guess is that we go big game hunting for the other QB spot

HailStateSZN19
02-03-2020, 10:40 AM
I think both Greek & Altmeyer were being considered for 2nd QB spot & we took Greek.

My guess is that we go big game hunting for the other QB spot

I'm all in for that. Really, I'm all for whatever the hell Leach decides to do with QB's. This guy knows what he's doing. It'll be interesting to see if we can pull on of those 3 for that 2nd QB spot.

OLJWales
02-03-2020, 10:52 AM
Good

Why is this good?

Cooterpoot
02-03-2020, 10:55 AM
It's Robertson and Keyes now. I still think Robertson will be a tough pull. Nuss isn't a real consideration IMO. I wish Keyes would get on board. He can take visits either way. He needs someone to push him to get the recruiting ball rolling but he's having a big year in basketball, and he's not missing a game. They're down to one player on the bench due to suspensions and some kids quitting.

bobcat91
02-03-2020, 11:17 AM
This is a different staff and a different HC. Looks like we just pulled Costello who no one thought was possible. I think we can get Robertson and that's who I'd like but wouldn't be mad if we got Keyes.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2020, 11:30 AM
It's Robertson and Keyes now. I still think Robertson will be a tough pull. Nuss isn't a real consideration IMO. I wish Keyes would get on board. He can take visits either way. He needs someone to push him to get the recruiting ball rolling but he's having a big year in basketball, and he's not missing a game. They're down to one player on the bench due to suspensions and some kids quitting.

He has time now to finish his b-ball season since the month of February is now a dead period. Go ahead handle your business & then get him on campus in March & hopefully by Super Bulldog Weekend 1 of those 2 guys are committed.

ZedFedder
02-03-2020, 12:36 PM
He has time now to finish his b-ball season since the month of February is now a dead period. Go ahead handle your business & then get him on campus in March & hopefully by Super Bulldog Weekend 1 of those 2 guys are committed.

You think Robertson is a legitimate possibility?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2020, 12:38 PM

I do.

KOdawg1
02-03-2020, 01:38 PM

I like Keyes and Robertson equally. Keyes is shorter, but has good pocket presence, footwork, and accuracy. Robertson has the size advantage and probably a stronger arm (although keyes is fine here too), but Sawyer's footwork needs lots of improvement from the highlights I've seen. Doesn't seem to step into his throws. He can place it where he wants to though. Either one would be fine.

OLJWales
02-03-2020, 02:15 PM
What is Robertson's first name and where does he go to school?

Same for Sawyer, thanks

hacker
02-03-2020, 02:17 PM
What is Robertson's first name and where does he go to school?

Same for Sawyer, thanks

Sawyer Robertson

ShotgunDawg
02-03-2020, 02:38 PM
I like Keyes and Robertson equally. Keyes is shorter, but has good pocket presence, footwork, and accuracy. Robertson has the size advantage and probably a stronger arm (although keyes is fine here too), but Sawyer's footwork needs lots of improvement from the highlights I've seen. Doesn't seem to step into his throws. He can place it where he wants to though. Either one would be fine.

Boy, I think Robertson is way more talented

Todd4State
02-03-2020, 02:46 PM
Keyes just tweeted that he's making a decision soon.

MrKotter
02-03-2020, 02:55 PM
I do as well.

KOdawg1
02-03-2020, 02:56 PM

I think he's more talented, but I wouldn't say "way." Then again, our staff doesn't seem to be too high on Keyes so what do I know

OLJWales
02-03-2020, 05:21 PM
I think he's more talented, but I wouldn't say "way." Then again, our staff doesn't seem to be too high on Keyes so what do I know

Have you got inside info on us not being high on Keyes? I've been jacked on that guy since Rick Cleveland's article a couple years back.

Todd4State
02-03-2020, 05:31 PM
Have you got inside info on us not being high on Keyes? I've been jacked on that guy since Rick Cleveland's article a couple years back.

Our recruiting media people are saying we aren't interested.

RiverCityDawg
02-03-2020, 05:37 PM
Our recruiting media people are saying we aren't interested.

"Aren't interested" seems strong. They are saying he isn't a take for them right now because others, namely Sawyer Robertson, are ahead.

Cooterpoot
02-03-2020, 05:39 PM
Bottom line is we're a P5 school that should be expanding our recruiting. Leach and Co. are doing that. They just have to hit on those recruits. We can't pass up kids that love State and are talented to chase guys we don't get. It's all about pulling that talent. Pull that talent and we move up the ladder.

Todd4State
02-03-2020, 06:00 PM
"Aren't interested" seems strong. They are saying he isn't a take for them right now because others, namely Sawyer Robertson, are ahead.

Maybe I took it the wrong way then.

Bottom line is we're a P5 school that should be expanding our recruiting. Leach and Co. are doing that. They just have to hit on those recruits. We can't pass up kids that love State and are talented to chase guys we don't get. It's all about pulling that talent. Pull that talent and we move up the ladder.

I agree. If we do pass up on a guy like Keyes it really needs to be a four star recruit or better.