PDA

View Full Version : Jim Covert- Pro Football HOF

Todd4State
02-01-2020, 11:22 PM
Does Jim Covert getting into the HOF increase the odds that Kent Hull gets in the HOF one day?

Covert- two Pro Bowls, two time All-Pro, 4 time first or second team all-NFC

Hull- three Pro Bowls, two time All-Pro, two time second team all Pro.

I know one was a center and one was a tackle but I think both are deserving and have similar resumes as offensive linemen. The biggest difference is for at least 2-4 years in the late 80's and early 90's Hull was the best center in football and I think Bruce Matthews switching from guard to center briefly probably cost Hull some pro bowls as well as the Bills losing four straight Super Bowls hurts him some.

maroonmania
02-02-2020, 11:29 PM
Does Jim Covert getting into the HOF increase the odds that Kent Hull gets in the HOF one day?

Covert- two Pro Bowls, two time All-Pro, 4 time first or second team all-NFC

Hull- three Pro Bowls, two time All-Pro, two time second team all Pro.

I know one was a center and one was a tackle but I think both are deserving and have similar resumes as offensive linemen. The biggest difference is for at least 2-4 years in the late 80's and early 90's Hull was the best center in football and I think Bruce Matthews switching from guard to center briefly probably cost Hull some pro bowls as well as the Bills losing four straight Super Bowls hurts him some.

But dang, its hard to make 4 Super Bowls.

OLJWales
02-03-2020, 11:21 AM
Do most all centers play as big of a leadership role as Kent did with the Bills? Always loved listening to his former teammates talk about how important of a role Kent played in (at the time) was a very innovative new scheme.