PDA

View Full Version : DJ Stewart

jdelta02
02-01-2020, 09:02 PM
DJ Stewart with a career high 20 points vs Tennessee. Greenville MS area (Riverside HS)..representing. Miss. State men's basketball team has been playing some very good basketball since inserting him into the starting lineup. He has the potential to become a standout player at Miss. State....just a freshman. Iverson Molinar is another impressive freshman on the team.

MoreCowbell
02-01-2020, 09:17 PM
could see him being drafted eventually. has great length/wingspan, plays D, and can hit the 3.

confucius say
02-01-2020, 09:20 PM
Very good player. Redshirt year helped him too.

R2Dawg
02-01-2020, 09:29 PM
DJ Stewart with a career high 20 points vs Tennessee. Greenville MS area (Riverside HS)..representing. Miss. State men's basketball has been playing some very good basketball since inserting him into the starting lineup. He has the potential to become a standout player at Miss. State....just a freshman. Iverson Molinar is another impressive freshman on the team.

Yep today was DJs coming out party. He carried the day today. This team is really starting to gel. Perry and Woodard just do what they do. Spoon is quietly becoming one of best in SEC. Carter is finding his spots and now DJ joining in. Ado just does the little things and plays like Brandon Vincent inside.

DJ and Molinar are exactly the type players we need - great college talent that will not get pulled into draft too early but they stay 4 years and make MSU a contender.

We have some good talent spread through the classes but we need a big or two in next year. Perry gone and Ado gone after next year.

msbulldog
02-02-2020, 06:18 AM
DJ Stewart with a career high 20 points vs Tennessee. Greenville MS area (Riverside HS)..representing. Miss. State men's basketball team has been playing some very good basketball since inserting him into the starting lineup. He has the potential to become a standout player at Miss. State....just a freshman. Iverson Molinar is another impressive freshman on the team.

I went to jr high at Riverside many, many years ago.

somebodyshotmypaw
02-02-2020, 08:13 AM
When Howland sat down last year with DJ and discussed redshirting him, DJ was smart to accept it. With Peters, Holman, and Q, he would not have gotten the minutes he needed. Now he has a full four years to get big minutes. Good example of a guy seeing the big picture.

And if the NBA beckons before then, then so be it. It gives DJ options.

KB21
02-02-2020, 09:53 AM
His development has accelerated to the point where he has become a very good player. I really like the size of the team when he’s at the guard spot as well.

OLJWales
02-02-2020, 10:15 AM
when you sign as many coveted players as Howland's been doing, then eventually a few are gonna explode. we've played back to back great 2nd halves which insinuates Howland's got 'em in good shape as well. 5 conf wins in a row is not easy to do. If we can just figure out how to mentally come roaring out of the gate, this team has a chance to make some noise IMO.

Ari Gold
02-02-2020, 01:25 PM
when you sign as many coveted players as Howland's been doing, then eventually a few are gonna explode. we've played back to back great 2nd halves which insinuates Howland's got 'em in good shape as well. 5 conf wins in a row is not easy to do. If we can just figure out how to mentally come roaring out of the gate, this team has a chance to make some noise IMO.

Everyone wants that full 40 minute game , but I will take finishing strong rather than coming out strong any day
But I understand your first half concerns.

OLJWales
02-02-2020, 01:33 PM
Everyone wants that full 40 minute game , but I will take finishing strong rather than coming out strong any day
But I understand your first half concerns.

Yep, I'll take the 2nd half effort and hustle all day long vs the latter.

jdelta02
02-02-2020, 11:40 PM
DJ Stewart has some Dontae' Jones in his game.

Ari Gold
02-03-2020, 10:06 AM
Kid put in the work in the off season and his redshirt year.
If Molinar does the same , with Nick and the freshman we have coming in , this back court will be sick next year.

msstate7
02-03-2020, 10:09 AM
If Molinar does the same , with Nick and the freshman we have coming in , this back court will be sick next year.

If nick and Woodard are back, that's a huge win. Would that move Woodard to the 4 and go small?

Johnson85
02-03-2020, 11:07 AM

For some reason I thought Nick was a SR. That will be awesome if all of them come back. Woodward, Stewart, Molinar, and Nick would be hell on wheels doing full court press and playing up tempo. Not sure if our depth would allow us to do that enough to let us dedicate the practice time to it, but it would be fun to watch some.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2020, 11:33 AM
If nick and Woodard are back, that's a huge win. Would that move Woodard to the 4 and go small?

PG - Nick
SG - DJ
SF - Woodard
PF - Tolu Smith
C - Ado

Bench PG - Deivon Smith SG - Molinar C - Oduro

msstate7
02-03-2020, 11:38 AM
PG - Nick
SG - DJ
SF - Woodard
PF - Tolu Smith
C - Ado

Forgot about smith (transfer). He's expected to be an impact guy?

StarkVegasSteve
02-03-2020, 11:40 AM
Robert Woodard is gonna be a 1st Rd. Pick. I just hope its in 2021 and not 2020.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2020, 12:02 PM
Forgot about smith (transfer). He's expected to be an impact guy?

I expect him to be a 10-12ppg & 6-7rpg guy.

OLJWales
02-03-2020, 01:21 PM
What about that big European guy we got? Any updates on him?

R2Dawg
02-03-2020, 01:33 PM
PG - Nick
SG - DJ
SF - Woodard
PF - Tolu Smith
C - Ado

Another really good team right there. I figure Woodard is gone after next year. Agree with others, he is likely a first round pick. Only thing Woodard needs to improve in is his ball handling. If he gets his ball handling up a few ticks, he could be a lottery pick. Other than that, he is good.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2020, 01:39 PM
Another really good team right there. I figure Woodard is gone after next year. Agree with others, he is likely a first round pick. Only thing Woodard needs to improve in is his ball handling. If he gets his ball handling up a few ticks, he could be a lottery pick. Other than that, he is good.

Ball handling & play-making is the next step for Woodard. He comes back with that next year he's a Top 15-20 pick.

Johnson85
02-03-2020, 02:34 PM
PG - Nick
SG - DJ
SF - Woodard
PF - Tolu Smith
C - Ado

Anybody at risk of jumping to the pros without a good draft grade just b/c they're tired of school and/or ready to make money, even if it's overseas?

Thinking Nick and Woodard being the talent profiles that would be a risk here.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2020, 02:50 PM
Anybody at risk of jumping to the pros without a good draft grade just b/c they're tired of school and/or ready to make money, even if it's overseas?

Thinking Nick and Woodard being the talent profiles that would be a risk here.

I think Nick seeing how much better it panned out for Q will come back. I also think that Woodard & his family will see the benefits of coming back to move up into guaranteed 1st rd pick. Both will & should go through the combine. Who knows if Woodard kills it he may get a team to promise to take him 1st Rd but I think he'll be back.

Ari Gold
02-03-2020, 03:01 PM
I think Nick seeing how much better it panned out for Q will come back. I also think that Woodard & his family will see the benefits of coming back to move up into guaranteed 1st rd pick. Both will & should go through the combine. Who knows if Woodard kills it he may get a team to promise to take him 1st Rd but I think he'll be back.

Agree

OLJWales
02-03-2020, 03:02 PM

Speaking of Q, has he been getting any G League minutes?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-03-2020, 03:14 PM
Speaking of Q, has he been getting any G League minutes?

He's avg 13ppg 5assts & 3rebs a game playing 28min/gm.

OLJWales
02-03-2020, 03:24 PM
He's avg 13ppg 5assts & 3rebs a game playing 28min/gm.

Thanks. Isn't that pretty impressive? Chance he could get to San Antonio?

Tbonewannabe
02-04-2020, 07:11 AM
Thanks. Isn't that pretty impressive? Chance he could get to San Antonio?

He signed a two way contract.

Beginning in the 2017–18 season, the National Basketball Association added two-way contracts between NBA teams and their NBA G League affiliates. Unlike in the NHL, these contracts are not offered to every aspiring NBA player, but only to undrafted players whom a team would like to keep "on retainer" without having to sign to a full-time contract. Each NBA team can have up to two two-way contract players per season, and are typically considered to be "16th and 17th men" on a roster