PDA

View Full Version : Dickie V giving Reggie Perry some love during Kansas-Texas Tech broadcast....

RougeDawg
02-01-2020, 04:31 PM
Told America to learn that name and that our team is under everyones radar.

Bdawg
02-01-2020, 04:32 PM
Heard that. I don't like Dick, but nice.

MarketingBully
02-01-2020, 04:37 PM
Gotta keep winning and shock the world on Tuesday! Dickie V is going to do our game Tuesday against UK as well.

RocketDawg
02-01-2020, 04:57 PM
Heard that. I don't like Dick, but nice.

He's not that bad. He's got the most recognizable voice in basketball, and really in any sport. As far as instant recognition, he's right with Keith Jackson.

He's a little hung up on Duke, but they're pretty much a national standard, like it or not.

RocketDawg
02-01-2020, 05:01 PM
Gotta keep winning and shock the world on Tuesday! Dickie V is going to do our game Tuesday against UK as well.

That should be a wild game. Vandy had a good lead on them a couple nights ago in Rupp but ran out of steam. I don't think we'll run out of steam - just need to shoot well.

msbulldog
02-01-2020, 06:50 PM
I read an article on Dickie V. in SI last year that told of him raising money for childhood cancer research and treatment. It talked about a gala he throws every year and him begging celebrities to come and him begging donors for contributions. I like him a lot now!

R2Dawg
02-01-2020, 09:50 PM
Dickie V can get on your nerves if he is calling UK or Duke game but I like him. Seems like a good dude and I love his passion for the game, pretty entertaining color guy. He love his diaper dandy players.

Still recall him doing our NCAAT game against Duke in Charlotte years ago, when we made a monster run in game coming back from way down with Frazier going off on a barrage of 3s. Dickie V is screaming and down goes Frazier, baby as Duke calls a TO and the crowd goes wild. Classic Dickie V calling our Dawgs. It was great.