PDA

View Full Version : AJ Brown wishes he was a Bulldog so bad. And needs to STFU.

CadaverDawg
02-01-2020, 11:43 AM
Why is he so determined to convince Rufus Harvey not to go to State? He keeps saying shit on Twitter insinuating that State doesn't care about Starkville players, and it reeks of him being mad that he didn't choose State. This isn't Mullen anymore, so I wish he'd get over his recruitment and move on. Even though he didnt win shit in college, he's making millions now, so him and Ralph Leonard need to quit crying on Twitter about State not giving offers to Starkville kids. I do hope Leach is seeing how important it is to recruit Starkville kids just as hard as other players he wants though. That AJ recruitment seems like the shitty gift that keeps on giving though.

WSOPdawg
02-01-2020, 11:46 AM
Maybe Kobe Jones should say otherwise. Brown spouting off definitely smells like sour grapes.

hacker
02-01-2020, 11:48 AM
Didn't he just say "I'll say hail state if [Harvey] goes to state" ? Not seeing the issue there

CadaverDawg
02-01-2020, 11:49 AM
I think AJ is pleased with how things turned out, but deep down he wishes Mullen had ponied up and loved on him more, and that he didn't have to abandon Starkville like he did. If he could have all the same numbers and success and NFL situation he currently has BUT have done it at State, it would be perfect. At least that's the way he comes across.

But he made his choice so STFU. Not like Ole Miss has offered the kid.

CadaverDawg
02-01-2020, 11:50 AM
Didn't he just say "I'll say hail state if [Harvey] goes to state" ? Not seeing the issue there

Yeah as if to say "that's how sure I am that he ain't going to State". That's the way I took it. Especially seeing him and Ralph Leonard talking shit about State after that.

And again, I don't know exactly what he's implying, but why the hell is he concerned with State's recruiting? He made his choice, left Starkville, so why is he worried about it?

Maybe I'm reading it all wrong. Doubt it though

hacker
02-01-2020, 11:51 AM
Yeah as if to say "that's how sure I am that he ain't going to State". That's the way I took it. Especially seeing him and Ralph Leonard talking shit about State after that.

You and I took that totally different. Especially since he was tweeting @hailstatefb to offer him about a month ago.

CadaverDawg
02-01-2020, 11:54 AM
You and I took that totally different. Especially since he was tweeting @hailstatefb to offer him about a month ago.

Didn't see that. Maybe I'm misunderstanding him, but I still think he should quit worrying about State's recruiting. He is not one of us.

hacker
02-01-2020, 11:55 AM

maroonmania
02-01-2020, 11:56 AM
I think AJ is pleased with how things turned out, but deep down he wishes Mullen had ponied up and loved on him more, and that he didn't have to abandon Starkville like he did. If he could have all the same numbers and success and NFL situation he currently has BUT have done it at State, it would be perfect. At least that's the way he comes across.

Yep, AJ's only disappointment was that Mullen didn't bid high enough to Daddy.

Topbulldawg
I am pretty sure he is trying to look out for someone he has ties to. He isn't worrying about state's recruiting, he is trying to help Rufus.

CadaverDawg
https://i.imgflip.com/3nvpzk.jpg

Todd4State
AJ had his chance to be a Bulldog. He chose unwisely. **** that shitbird.

CadaverDawg
02-01-2020, 11:58 AM
I am pretty sure he is trying to look out for someone he has ties to. He isn't worrying about state's recruiting, he is trying to help Rufus.

I think he's disguising it that way while using that as a way to talk shit to State

Todd4State
02-01-2020, 11:59 AM
Yep, AJ's only disappointment was that Mullen didn't bid high enough to Daddy.

And Dan was stupid not to. I don't miss his shitty recruiting and entitled attitude one bit.

maroonmania
02-01-2020, 12:00 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/3nvpzk.jpg

That's about the most idiotic thing I've ever seen from two total idiots given Harvey, as a WR, would be committing to a ML offense. That being said, if we take Harvey fine, if we don't fine. Leach will end up getting the receivers he needs one way or the other.

Cowbell
02-01-2020, 12:07 PM
AJ had his chance to be a Bulldog. He chose unwisely. **** that shitbird.
From what I know of the situation, we can completely blame Dan and Not AJ. I don't get all the hate for the guy. He does come to state sporting events regularly. Some of our fans need to grow up and get over the petty stuff and be proud of him as a MS kid. He has a great relationship with Simmons, a guy we all love.

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2020, 12:12 PM

And again, I don't know exactly what he's implying, but why the hell is he concerned with State's recruiting? He made his choice, left Starkville, so why is he worried about it?

Maybe I'm reading it all wrong. Doubt it though

Yeah, I didn't read it like you at all

CadaverDawg
02-01-2020, 12:21 PM
Yeah, he definitely meant it in a complimentary way.*

https://i.imgflip.com/3nvs2s.jpg

MarketingBully
02-01-2020, 12:24 PM
Leach can take ordinary receivers and make them extraordinary because he and his coaches can actually coach up receivers. Hate to say it but AJ was never coming here as long as Mullen/Hev were here. Just is what it is. If we had Leach, AJ would easily have been here.

Pennywise
02-01-2020, 12:25 PM
I think many are frustrated about what "might have been" if Dan/Gonzo had recruited AJ more passionately and AJ had chosen MSU. Remember the game we "almost" beat Bama with Fitz running the offense. Remember the Florida and Iowa games Moorhead's first year? Remember the Egg Bowl where Fitz broke his ankle and AJ had 167 yards (and a 77 yard TD) in a 28-31 game? Or in 2016 MSU loses to South Alabama by one point, LSU by three, BYU in 2OT, and Kentucky by 2. I think All American AJ Brown makes a difference in a couple of those games.

https://i.imgur.com/MIJzLvd.gif

From what I know of the situation, we can completely blame Dan and Not AJ. I don't get all the hate for the guy. He does come to state sporting events regularly. Some of our fans need to grow up and get over the petty stuff and be proud of him as a MS kid. He has a great relationship with Simmons, a guy we all love.

CadaverDawg
02-01-2020, 12:26 PM
I'm not going to say anything else about the guy after this post, I just can't stand it when guys with sour grapes that chose to go elsewhere try to negatively impact our recruiting. And while he may be doing it in a passive aggressive or backhanded compliment way, he's doing it. And to me it reeks of wishing he was a part of the State family. Well AJ, you could have been, but you chose not to be, so move on. Our recruiting doesn't concern you.

Rex54
02-01-2020, 12:43 PM
It's definitely possible that any WR coming in next year as a FR could break every WR record here.

CadaverDawg
02-01-2020, 12:55 PM
It's definitely possible that any WR coming in next year as a FR could break every WR record here.

Yep

LC Dawg
02-01-2020, 01:41 PM
So shit on State after they offer the kid but nothing about Ole Miss not offering the kid. That is a perfect example of Ole Miss logic.

MarketingBully
02-01-2020, 01:44 PM
So shit on State after they offer the kid but nothing about Ole Miss not offering the kid. That is a perfect example of Ole Miss logic.

Well, he knows we are getting him so sour grapes and his narrative is about to be shot to hell...

Jarius
02-01-2020, 02:56 PM
**** AJ Brown.

Liverpooldawg
02-01-2020, 03:09 PM

We were never going to get him, ever. He did not want to go to MSU, period. I was told that his Jr year in high school and it was not someone associated with MSU that told me.

Bdawg
02-01-2020, 04:28 PM
We were never going to get him, ever. He did not want to go to MSU, period. I was told that his Jr year in high school and it was not someone associated with MSU that told me.

Well then he really needs to STFU. And I know damn good and well if he wanted to come to State, he had a spot. Either he didn't want to be at State or money talked! I don't care how Dan recruited him, he could have been a Dawg if he wanted too.

Mobile Bay
02-01-2020, 04:39 PM

I loved my time in Starkville. But if I had grown up there I would have wanted out too.

smootness
02-01-2020, 04:40 PM
Who gives a crap what AJ Brown thinks?

He can say whatever he wants, nobody cares.

msbulldog
02-01-2020, 05:00 PM
Why is he so determined to convince Rufus Harvey not to go to State? He keeps saying shit on Twitter insinuating that State doesn't care about Starkville players, and it reeks of him being mad that he didn't choose State. This isn't Mullen anymore, so I wish he'd get over his recruitment and move on. Even though he didnt win shit in college, he's making millions now, so him and Ralph Leonard need to quit crying on Twitter about State not giving offers to Starkville kids. I do hope Leach is seeing how important it is to recruit Starkville kids just as hard as other players he wants though. That AJ recruitment seems like the shitty gift that keeps on giving though.

Yep and AJ is going to find out, that OM love ain't there any more now that he isn't playing there now.

msbulldog
02-01-2020, 05:14 PM

I think Mullen took AJ for granted? If the story about Mullen sending an assistant with a cell phone to the in-home visit so he could call him is true, then there is no doubt, he took him for granted. That sounds exactly like Mullen.

msbulldog
02-01-2020, 05:20 PM
Leach can take ordinary receivers and make them extraordinary because he and his coaches can actually coach up receivers. Hate to say it but AJ was never coming here as long as Mullen/Hev were here. Just is what it is. If we had Leach, AJ would easily have been here.

Well he missed with Long and the run to the open grass offense.

Hambone
02-01-2020, 05:48 PM
This is very well accomplished receiver giving positive publicity to a kid he knows very well. Let?s accept that, sign the kid and move on to the next recruit.

Todd4State
02-01-2020, 05:53 PM
I think Mullen took AJ for granted? If the story about Mullen sending an assistant with a cell phone to the in-home visit so he could call him is true, then there is no doubt, he took him for granted. That sounds exactly like Mullen.

Absolutely. That entire recruiting class was a fail by Dan. And while Moorhead sucked it definitely was a factor in us underachieving in 2018.

Todd4State
02-01-2020, 05:55 PM

Sounds like typical arrogant Dan bullshit for missing a recruit. At least he didn't do the "we didn't think he was that good" thing after we offered him like some of our o-linemen who have now come back.

Todd4State
02-01-2020, 06:03 PM
I think many are frustrated about what "might have been" if Dan/Gonzo had recruited AJ more passionately and AJ had chosen MSU. Remember the game we "almost" beat Bama with Fitz running the offense. Remember the Florida and Iowa games Moorhead's first year? Remember the Egg Bowl where Fitz broke his ankle and AJ had 167 yards (and a 77 yard TD) in a 28-31 game? Or in 2016 MSU loses to South Alabama by one point, LSU by three, BYU in 2OT, and Kentucky by 2. I think All American AJ Brown makes a difference in a couple of those games.

https://i.imgur.com/MIJzLvd.gif

For me there is definitely some of that. Even more frustrating to me is I mentioned it on message boards at the time only to be told I was wrong and then it turned out I was right all along. Frustrating not because of Internet cred- frustrating because I want MSU to do really well in football and believe that we can do it. And I felt like I was watching a train wreck about to happen from a distance while everyone else said "It's fine!".

And I'm not some recruiting guru but I can organize what our depth chart was going to look like in three- four years and I am not surprised that we have struggled at WR.

At the same time AJ was offered and had a chance to come to MSU. He did not because he wanted his ass kissed and that was more important to him and his Dad. He made his bad choice and he and DK Metcalf can go **** off. Maybe AJ doesn't get bitch slapped by Abrams in the Egg Bowl if he isn't such a prima donna.

Todd4State
02-01-2020, 06:05 PM

Oh our passing and receiving records are going to fall. No question about it.

CadaverDawg
02-01-2020, 06:11 PM
This is very well accomplished receiver giving positive publicity to a kid he knows very well. Let?s accept that, sign the kid and move on to the next recruit.

That's not what I'm seeing.

Pennywise
02-01-2020, 06:24 PM
At the same time AJ was offered and had a chance to come to MSU. He did not because he wanted his ass kissed and that was more important to him and his Dad. He made his bad choice and he and DK Metcalf can go **** off. Maybe AJ doesn't get bitch slapped by Abrams in the Egg Bowl if he isn't such a prima donna.

As a fan of MSU who wants them to do as well as possible, I wish Dan had kissed some tail for AJ and Mr. Brown. Would it have made a difference and might AJ have chosen the hometown team? We'll probably never know. But regardless of how much some people say "one player doesn't make a difference" I really think AJ on that team for three years would have made a big difference in 2016 in at least two wins and further impact in '17 and '18.

Traditionally, Dan was never going to kiss any recruits tail though. He never promised anything other than that hard work provides opportunities. And that works with different types of recruits. That's why he and Hev had two star and low stars get drafted and he whiffed on some notable instate 4 and 5 stars.

TALL DAWG
02-01-2020, 06:48 PM
And Dan was stupid not to. I don't miss his shitty recruiting and entitled attitude one bit.

Exactly!! AJ had a SEC ready body after his jr yr at SHS.
Those type of dudes right in ur back yard (literally) don?t come
along often. He would have helped us a lot his freshman year.
Whatever....

HoopsDawg
02-01-2020, 06:48 PM
I'm not going to say anything else about the guy after this post, I just can't stand it when guys with sour grapes that chose to go elsewhere try to negatively impact our recruiting. And while he may be doing it in a passive aggressive or backhanded compliment way, he's doing it. And to me it reeks of wishing he was a part of the State family. Well AJ, you could have been, but you chose not to be, so move on. Our recruiting doesn't concern you.

I think you completely misread AJ's tweet. He is saying that even though he's a Rebel, he will say Hail State if Rufus signs with MSU.

Bothrops
02-01-2020, 06:49 PM
What he's tweeting doesn't make sense though. We are twice removed from that regime.

hacker
02-01-2020, 07:27 PM
I think you completely misread AJ's tweet. He is saying that even though he's a Rebel, he will say Hail State if Rufus signs with MSU.

Exactly

yjnkdawg
02-01-2020, 08:50 PM
Just another reason why people don't need to try to interpret what people say on twitter when they don't personally know the person who is doing the tweet. "I will say Hailstate if Lil bro go there." Nothing here at all to interpret as being negative to MSU though.

Liverpooldawg
02-01-2020, 08:54 PM

We weren't going to get him, period. Mullen would have had to been a total fool not to know it. People blaming Mullen for that are ignorant.

Liverpooldawg
02-01-2020, 08:57 PM
Sounds like typical arrogant Dan bullshit for missing a recruit. At least he didn't do the "we didn't think he was that good" thing after we offered him like some of our o-linemen who have now come back.

As I said, my info did NOT come from anyone associated with MSU AT ALL. If he hadn't gone to UM, he would have been at Bama. We were never going to get him.

RocketDawg
02-01-2020, 09:00 PM

I pull for him now that he plays for the Titans. He's not physically at OM any longer, and I suspect mentally also.

Todd4State
02-01-2020, 09:50 PM
As I said, my info did NOT come from anyone associated with MSU AT ALL. If he hadn't gone to UM, he would have been at Bama. We were never going to get him.

I would imagine that whoever you got "info" from probably got it from someone associated with MSU at the time or it came from someone down the line because that sounds like the exact same BS that Dan and his staff used time and time again when they missed on recruits.

Anyway- had MSU been the highest bidder he would have been at MSU. Sometimes you have to play the game. Dan wasn't willing to do it- and it held us back at least going back to 2009 with Cam Newton. Whatever you were told was spin.

Liverpooldawg
02-01-2020, 11:17 PM
I would imagine that whoever you got "info" from probably got it from someone associated with MSU at the time or it came from someone down the line because that sounds like the exact same BS that Dan and his staff used time and time again when they missed on recruits.

Anyway- had MSU been the highest bidder he would have been at MSU. Sometimes you have to play the game. Dan wasn't willing to do it- and it held us back at least going back to 2009 with Cam Newton. Whatever you were told was spin.
Nope, no connections with MSU at all. NONE, NADA, ZERO. You are a typical poor ole MSU fan.

Todd4State
02-01-2020, 11:28 PM
Nope, no connections with MSU at all. NONE, NADA, ZERO. You are a typical poor ole MSU fan.

Like the ones that thought that we would never get a standing power five coach ever because we fired Allyn McKeen 70 years ago?

Hopefully hiring Leach showed you how wrong you were.

Cowbell
02-01-2020, 11:43 PM
What you don't seem to understand is that isn't the point Todd is making. Even if AJ wanted to come here, he wouldn't have because he got zero love from Mullen. Who cares what you heard. You still put your time in recruiting the kid. You are an idiot to say he would never come here. 18 yr old decisions are never set in stone.

CadaverDawg
02-01-2020, 11:47 PM
You are an idiot.

Fixed it for you.

Todd4State
02-01-2020, 11:51 PM
What you don't seem to understand is that isn't the point Todd is making. Even if AJ wanted to come here, he wouldn't have because he got zero love from Mullen. Who cares what you heard. You still put your time in recruiting the kid. You are an idiot to say he would never come here. 18 yr old decisions are never set in stone.

Thank you. And Liverpool's source or whoever he was talking to was wrong because it was very clear that AJ was going to the highest bidder. And as much as AJ hangs around MSU/Starkville/and interacts with our players and recruits it's highly unlikely that he would have been against coming to MSU had we been the highest bidder and recruited him properly.

Dan completely dropped the ball on that class. Big time. Thankfully David Turner was able to land Simmons.

Liverpooldawg
02-02-2020, 01:18 AM
Like the ones that thought that we would never get a standing power five coach ever because we fired Allyn McKeen 70 years ago?

Hopefully hiring Leach showed you how wrong you were.

We weren't getting him Todd. I posted it when I knew it, and got pretty much the same response you are giving me now. It happens, only same ole state people use it to self flagellate. What in the heck does that have to do with a coaching hire? The Dan Mullen hire ended that stigma, for now. Heck Joe was THE in demand up and coming guy and we got him. Dan was the same. If anything Leach was a step back toward what we always were. He is more in line with the JWS hire. That one led to where we are now.....hopefully this one will be an equally good step.

Liverpooldawg
02-02-2020, 01:22 AM

The point you and Todd are ignoring is it wouldn't have mattered how much love Mullen showed, we weren't getting him. That wasn't exactly a secret. Only ignorant MSU homers thought otherwise.

Liverpooldawg
02-02-2020, 01:28 AM
Thank you. And Liverpool's source or whoever he was talking to was wrong because it was very clear that AJ was going to the highest bidder. And as much as AJ hangs around MSU/Starkville/and interacts with our players and recruits it's highly unlikely that he would have been against coming to MSU had we been the highest bidder and recruited him properly.

Dan completely dropped the ball on that class. Big time. Thankfully David Turner was able to land Simmons.

You are flat out wrong on AJ. I have no knowledge on the rest of the class. AJ was never staying home, but he wants to be able to go back home. You bought it, as most Same ole state people always buy UM garbage. AJ made his choice, he needs to be made to live with it, if we ever want what he did to change. YOU, Todd, are trying like heck to help MSU people to buy his UM narrative. Just STOP.

Todd4State
02-02-2020, 03:30 AM
We weren't getting him Todd. I posted it when I knew it, and got pretty much the same response you are giving me now. It happens, only same ole state people use it to self flagellate. What in the heck does that have to do with a coaching hire? The Dan Mullen hire ended that stigma, for now. Heck Joe was THE in demand up and coming guy and we got him. Dan was the same. If anything Leach was a step back toward what we always were. He is more in line with the JWS hire. That one led to where we are now.....hopefully this one will be an equally good step.

The point you and Todd are ignoring is it wouldn't have mattered how much love Mullen showed, we weren't getting him. That wasn't exactly a secret. Only ignorant MSU homers thought otherwise.

You are flat out wrong on AJ. I have no knowledge on the rest of the class. AJ was never staying home, but he wants to be able to go back home. You bought it, as most Same ole state people always buy UM garbage. AJ made his choice, he needs to be made to live with it, if we ever want what he did to change. YOU, Todd, are trying like heck to help MSU people to buy his UM narrative. Just STOP.

What narrative? That Dan sucked at recruiting? That doesn't hurt us now that he is gone thank God. Lying to try to make it sound better doesn't do anything to hurt us at this point and just makes you sound like the Dan Mullen Pollyanna that you are. You're literally the ONLY person running with this narrative by the way. Which says a lot since you are hardly an insider.

When Dan was here you incorrectly stated that we would never get anyone better if we fired him. Basically insinuated (because I know you're going to say that you didn't say) that we should keep Joe for the same reason. So we limited our coaching search after Dan mainly because of AD inexperience and made a solid hire on paper despite limiting ourselves. And now that Cohen has learned some lessons we have hired Leach- after two bowl seasons where we won the Egg Bowl each year.

So yes- you were wrong. Pretending that you weren't or didn't say this isn't going to get you off the hook with me. In fact had we told Dan to just go to Maryland and not come back which is what I wanted to do the 2016 class probably gets salvaged- and then 2018 is different. We hire Mike Leach after 2015 and our past four years are a LOT different.

boot
02-02-2020, 08:21 AM
AJ knew he wasn?t coming to State because Muffin?s offense didn?t feature/prioritize WRs enough, and Freeze was up the road slinging the ball. AJ just wanted to create drama where there was none, and put the blame in Muffin?s lap when the inevitable blow back occurred. He didn?t want to be the villain.

ShotgunDawg
02-02-2020, 09:19 AM
AJ knew he wasn?t coming to State because Muffin?s offense didn?t feature/prioritize WRs enough, and Freeze was up the road slinging the ball. AJ just wanted to create drama where there was none, and put the blame in Muffin?s lap when the inevitable blow back occurred. He didn?t want to be the villain.

We he got to go to no bowl games & be a villain in his home town for that. Good for him

The kid sold out his home town for cash. It's 100% on him

gravedigger
02-02-2020, 09:31 AM

His info is correct. Brown wasn't ever coming to State to play in ******* offense. Ole Miss paid for him, but he wanted to go there.

Dan could have matched Ole Miss' offer and we still would have lost. AJ had friends at Ole Miss. He could have chosen Bama, but he didn't. He briefly considered Cal to get away from it all. In the end, we weren't in the game from his point of view.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-02-2020, 12:01 PM

Nope f*** that guy. You know if he would just move on and be an adult I think I could go along with your idea but he keeps taking unnecessary cheap shots at State. He is nothing but a piece of s*** to me.

Liverpooldawg
02-02-2020, 12:44 PM
What narrative? That Dan sucked at recruiting? That doesn't hurt us now that he is gone thank God. Lying to try to make it sound better doesn't do anything to hurt us at this point and just makes you sound like the Dan Mullen Pollyanna that you are. You're literally the ONLY person running with this narrative by the way. Which says a lot since you are hardly an insider.

When Dan was here you incorrectly stated that we would never get anyone better if we fired him. Basically insinuated (because I know you're going to say that you didn't say) that we should keep Joe for the same reason. So we limited our coaching search after Dan mainly because of AD inexperience and made a solid hire on paper despite limiting ourselves. And now that Cohen has learned some lessons we have hired Leach- after two bowl seasons where we won the Egg Bowl each year.

So yes- you were wrong. Pretending that you weren't or didn't say this isn't going to get you off the hook with me. In fact had we told Dan to just go to Maryland and not come back which is what I wanted to do the 2016 class probably gets salvaged- and then 2018 is different. We hire Mike Leach after 2015 and our past four years are a LOT different.

Whether Dan sucked at recruiting or not is not relevant to this discussion. AJ Brown was not coming to MSU, period.

By the way, we didn't fire Mullen. Thankfully those in charge weren't stupid.

Percho
02-02-2020, 12:51 PM

What did have against State? Just wanted to get out of Starkville?

Todd4State
02-02-2020, 12:52 PM
Whether Dan sucked at recruiting or not is not relevant to this discussion. AJ Brown was not coming to MSU, period.

By the way, we didn't fire Mullen. Thankfully those in charge weren't stupid.

Send them a thank you note for the 2017 Egg Bowl and the last two years while you're at it.

Todd4State
02-02-2020, 12:55 PM
His info is correct. Brown wasn't ever coming to State to play in ******* offense. Ole Miss paid for him, but he wanted to go there.

Dan could have matched Ole Miss' offer and we still would have lost. AJ had friends at Ole Miss. He could have chosen Bama, but he didn't. He briefly considered Cal to get away from it all. In the end, we weren't in the game from his point of view.

People that are going for the highest bidder don't care about anything else other than who pays them the most money.

gravedigger
02-02-2020, 01:13 PM

Nothing really. Treadwell was someone he looked up to. Mullen' s offense featured the run over the pass. Ole Miss featured the pass. Ole Miss was more flash and glamour. He simply fit in with the hem better

FISHDAWG
02-03-2020, 08:20 AM
**** AJ Brown.

What this guy said ^^^ ...... has he ever said anything positive about us since that fateful evening at the Library ???

Liverpooldawg
02-03-2020, 09:15 AM

This I don't know. I would expect it was the offense and wanting to get out of town.

Liverpooldawg
02-03-2020, 09:23 AM
Send them a thank you note for the 2017 Egg Bowl and the last two years while you're at it.
So the Rebs breaking Fitz's leg was our fault?

It seems to be forgotten but when we hired Joe it was universally acclaimed as the best hire of that cycle. He was widely thought of as an offensive genius and THE up and coming guy. Sometimes things don't work out. I still think his offense in the right place will fly big time. I do not think he is a head coach, at least not yet.

hacker
02-05-2020, 09:40 AM
Bump. Let's see if he says hail state

CadaverDawg
02-05-2020, 09:49 AM

Haha would be fantastic.

hacker
02-05-2020, 12:07 PM

true to his word

Cowbell
02-05-2020, 12:40 PM
true to his word

This is cool and nothing but good for us.

HoopsDawg
02-05-2020, 01:55 PM

And he did. Nice job AJ. Looks like there was a whole lotta wrong in this thread.

CadaverDawg
02-05-2020, 02:18 PM
I'll own it. Glad to see it.

Gutter Cobreh
02-05-2020, 02:19 PM
This is cool and nothing but good for us.

And he did. Nice job AJ. Looks like there was a whole lotta wrong in this thread.

Indeed!

StarkVegasSteve
02-05-2020, 02:26 PM
I'll be the first to say that I hated him when he was at OM, but it was because he was at OM. It was never anything against him personally. He'd lived in Starkville his whole life and seemed like he wanted to get out. I have no problem with that. He went about it the wrong way trying to drag Mullen and Co. through the mud on his recruitment, but he's a young kid and we all made dumb decisions at that age. I still believe OM was feeding him most of that.

Glad to see he's supporting another Starkville guy and his decision to go to State.

Cowbell
02-05-2020, 02:58 PM
I'll own it. Glad to see it.
This is just as cool

MarketingBully
02-06-2020, 04:23 AM
This I don't know. I would expect it was the offense and wanting to get out of town.

Think about it. He didn?t come to MSU because of Dan whether Dan was a great recruiter or not. Dan?s offense has never been known for great receivers even at Florida. Dan had been at MSU since 2009 which was practically all of AJ?s football career in his life so of course this had to do with Dan recruiting or not.

MarketingBully
02-06-2020, 04:31 AM
I'll be the first to say that I hated him when he was at OM, but it was because he was at OM. It was never anything against him personally. He'd lived in Starkville his whole life and seemed like he wanted to get out. I have no problem with that. He went about it the wrong way trying to drag Mullen and Co. through the mud on his recruitment, but he's a young kid and we all made dumb decisions at that age. I still believe OM was feeding him most of that.

Glad to see he's supporting another Starkville guy and his decision to go to State.

If we had Mike Leach when AJ was at SHS, he would have been a Bulldog. He would have thrived in this offense and he would have known it. With Leach, we will attract the receivers because this offense can develop receivers and more importantly get them the ball. This doesn?t take rocket science to figure out that if you wanted to get to the league as a WR you didn?t go to MSU under Dan Mullen. That stain unfortunately followed Moorhead his two years here but the simple fact is under Leach we will attract top line receivers and he will have his pick next year. Thank goodness we got rid of Moorhead because all of the great players in the state for 2021 are all receivers.

BrunswickDawg
02-06-2020, 08:00 AM

Yeah -
Something that a lot of people need to realize is that for a lot of these kids the focus is on getting out and helping others do the same. They want their friends kids from their towns to have better opportunities - and they don't really care where that opportunity is, as long as it gets them the next chance.

StateDawg44
02-06-2020, 08:42 AM
Yeah -
Something that a lot of people need to realize is that for a lot of these kids the focus is on getting out and helping others do the same. They want their friends kids from their towns to have better opportunities - and they don't really care where that opportunity is, as long as it gets them the next chance.

Uhhhh.... don't you realize they owe their allegiances to the state that they graduate HS in and live in currently???? Opening doors to possibly better their families or escaping a tough home life be damned***** How dare they not stay in MS.