PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Walker Interviews DK Metcalf

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2020, 11:04 AM
This is pretty funny stuff.

God bless Brandon for doing the Lord's work for MSU on a national scale. We've needed a national trash talker for a long time.

Keep up the good work Brandon!

BeardoMSU
02-01-2020, 11:13 AM
This is pretty funny stuff.

God bless Brandon for doing the Lord's work for MSU on a national scale.

I really hate the "ag school" vs "doctors and lawyers" dichotomy myth that always gets pushed, and BW doing it as a MSU guy is disappointing. For one, State isn't just an "ag school"....sciences, engineering, veterinary medicine, architecture, humanities, business, education, etc....

Also, there are zero "doctors" walking around that campus (med school is in Jackson), and as far as "lawyers", there are plenty of State grads that go to their law school (not to mention the med school).

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2020, 11:15 AM
I really hate the "ag school" vs "doctors and lawyers" dichotomy myth that always gets pushed, and BW doing it as a MSU guy is disappointing. For one, State isn't just an "ag school"....sciences, engineering, veterinary medicine, architecture, humanities, business, education, etc....

Also, there are zero "doctors" walking around that campus (med school is in Jackson), and as far as "lawyers", there are plenty of State grads that go to their law school (not to mention the med school).

I hear you, but I wouldn't get caught up in the semantics

RougeDawg
02-01-2020, 11:24 AM
Shit on DK. I met him first time when he was in 8-9th grade. His parents owned a condo across the street from my sister while she was in law school. Terrence was always a humble down to earth guy, who did not really want to talk about his nfl career. Seemed to shy away from it. Dk was still young but what he has turned into, is nothing like his family and father.

I guess the slime that is OM, changes people into vile humans who mimmick pissing in end zones. Maybe he will mature and start acting like the kid he was before the OM machine corrupted him.

OLJWales
02-01-2020, 11:28 AM
Getting the douchebag part is the most important thing, the other stuff can be tossed about in a hat. We build, innovate and grow. They chase ambulances in douchemobiles.

KB21
02-01-2020, 11:32 AM

I’m a “State Doctor” that didn’t go to their med school. Just couldn’t bring myself to do it.

BeardoMSU
02-01-2020, 11:51 AM
I’m a “State Doctor” that didn’t go to their med school. Just couldn’t bring myself to do it.

Lol, nice.

KOdawg1
02-01-2020, 12:00 PM
We should honestly thank DK. Because of him, other shit bag players at Ole Miss want to be just like him so Elijah Moore hiking his leg and handing us a W is really attributed to DK Metcalf. So thank you DK for setting the standard of being a douche and dumbass.

Cowbell
02-01-2020, 12:03 PM
This is not a popular take, but I wish we could have gotten both DK and AJ. As much as they are hated by some of our fans, they would have made us much better and would have had better college careers here. The best we can do as fans is treat them with respect and be glad they are from our state.

KOdawg1
02-01-2020, 12:06 PM
This is not a popular take, but I wish we could have gotten both DK and AJ. As much as they are hated by some of our fans, they would have made us much better and would have had better college careers here. The best we can do as fans is treat them with respect and be glad they are from our state.

Bump that. Screw both AJ and DK.

911mom
02-01-2020, 12:23 PM
So am I there are more of us than most MSU or OM alumni know .

Meant to reply to KB 21

NotCoJoMo
02-01-2020, 03:36 PM

Same here. In my class, there were more State grads than UM. When I was going through, MSU BME had a >90% acceptance rate to UMMC SOM. My BME classmates and I have fared very well in the medical field, landing spots in excellent specialities. Pretty good for a bunch of yokels.

Todd4State
02-01-2020, 06:21 PM

They both had their chance to make the right decision and failed. And in turn hurt MSU when they get a chance. So no I won't wish them well. And no I don't fault Metcalf from Oxford going to Ole Miss.

msbulldog
02-01-2020, 07:03 PM
BW is not a good representation for our school and if I am stepping on any toes I'm sorry, but i'ts the truth.

ShotgunDawg
02-01-2020, 07:06 PM
BW is not a good representation for our school and if I am stepping on any toes I'm sorry, but i'ts the truth.

I disagree. He may not appeal to you, and that's fine, but he's good publicity and caters to a certain segment.

Brandon Walker
02-01-2020, 07:10 PM
Dick.

Barstool is the current and next big thing in sports media and I am making sure a cowbell is front and center.

So I guess what I am saying is....You are welcome.

Coursesuper
02-01-2020, 07:11 PM

Agree, lowest common denominator.

msbulldog
02-01-2020, 07:12 PM
I disagree. He may not appeal to you, and that's fine, but he's good publicity and caters to a certain segment.

Yep the loud foul mouthed bumpkin crowd. I am sure he is a real nice guy, but no I prefer people associate John Grisham with Mississippi State than Brandon Walker.

Brandon Walker
02-01-2020, 07:14 PM
Message received.

KOdawg1
02-01-2020, 07:18 PM
Message received.

I've not always agreed with what you've said or the way you've gone about things, but I think it's pretty awesome that we have a guy representing us in the national media. Keep up with the good work. I enjoy your podcast.

RocketDawg
02-01-2020, 07:22 PM

Can't blame you. I have a relative, young lady who's a recent MSU grad, who's shooting for UAB med school. Hope she gets in - it's a quality school from what I've heard.

Not sure why Mississippi's medical center is associated with Ole Miss. It really shouldn't be, but I suppose it's pretty good too in spite of the connection. ;)

msbulldog
02-01-2020, 07:25 PM
Can't blame you. I have a relative, young lady who's a recent MSU grad, who's shooting for UAB med school. Hope she gets in - it's a quality school from what I've heard.

Not sure why Mississippi's medical center is associated with Ole Miss. It really shouldn't be, but I suppose it's pretty good too in spite of the connection. ;)

It's connected because the state government in Mississippi has forever until recently been controlled by UM alums.

RocketDawg
02-01-2020, 07:26 PM

I haven't listened to his program merely because I don't listen to sports programs. The only one I've heard was when he allegedly found out the 10 tutor gate players were suspended, and that segment was hilarious.

Lord McBuckethead
02-01-2020, 07:32 PM
Dick.

Barstool is the current and next big thing in sports media and I am making sure a cowbell is front and center.

So I guess what I am saying is....You are welcome.

Agreed. BW, keep doing what you are doing.

dawgoneyall
02-01-2020, 07:32 PM
Yep the loud foul mouthed bumpkin crowd. I am sure he is a real nice guy, but no I prefer people associate John Grisham with Mississippi State than Brandon Walker.

Do you drink your boxed wine with your pinky sticking out?

msbulldog
02-01-2020, 07:38 PM
Do you drink your boxed wine with your pinky sticking out?

No, I drink vodka!
Do you cuss vilely on a national broadcast while making sure your national audience knows you are representing Mississippi State University?

Todd4State
02-01-2020, 07:56 PM

I attended and hold degrees from both MSU and UMC. It's associated with Ole Miss because the medical school in Mississippi was located on Ole Miss's campus until the 1950's when Dr. Guyton moved it to Jackson because that's where the highest concentration of population in Mississippi is and for people that are ill it makes more sense to have it there than Oxford.

I'm satisfied with my education from both schools. MSU prepared me very well and UMC prepared me for what I do now and allowed me to have the life that I do.

As an alum of UMC I would like to see the name changed to University Medical Center and be set up like Georgia where you go to Georgia, Georgia Tech, or wherever and then go to the state medical school for your professional training. Georgia's medical school is called Georgia Medical College I believe. It's more representative of the alumni and students at UMC. Ole Miss only claims UMC when it's convenient- like when they want to blame the hospital being poorly run on Dan Jones to get rid of him or for attendance inflation for the Oxford campus. Go figure.

I think it would help attendance because a lot of MSU grads do go places like UAB or UT-Memphis for medical school in part because the Ole Miss name turns them off. I didn't have a problem with it and there were lots of MSU fans with me in school and I didn't support any Ole Miss athletic endeavors even though I was at UMC during Eli's prime and we were on probation and unwatchable. Anyway to each their own. I know lots of people from both institutions and a lot of UMC alums go to our football games I can confirm that. Scott Westerfield's Mom worked for the school in the admissions office and I used to see her some. I always thought that was awesome.

But UMC isn't really Ole Miss other than the name University of Mississippi which most Ole Miss fans don't like to be called. And believe me we didn't have time to indulge in the "Ole Miss culture" from being way too busy. We had our own kind of "college area" culture going on in Fondren. None of my teachers ever really said anything about Ole Miss sports or promoting Ole Miss and we actually took some field trips to MSU to TK Martin and we never went to Oxford or Hattiesburg for that matter.

Dallas_Dawg
02-01-2020, 08:04 PM
Keep up the good work, Brandon. Don't let these Boomers get to you

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-01-2020, 08:09 PM
I attended and hold degrees from both MSU and UMC. It's associated with Ole Miss because the medical school in Mississippi was located on Ole Miss's campus until the 1950's when Dr. Guyton moved it to Jackson because that's where the highest concentration of population in Mississippi is and for people that are ill it makes more sense to have it there than Oxford.

I'm satisfied with my education from both schools. MSU prepared me very well and UMC prepared me for what I do now and allowed me to have the life that I do.

As an alum of UMC I would like to see the name changed to University Medical Center and be set up like Georgia where you go to Georgia, Georgia Tech, or wherever and then go to the state medical school for your professional training. Georgia's medical school is called Georgia Medical College I believe. It's more representative of the alumni and students at UMC. Ole Miss only claims UMC when it's convenient- like when they want to blame the hospital being poorly run on Dan Jones to get rid of him or for attendance inflation for the Oxford campus. Go figure.

I think it would help attendance because a lot of MSU grads do go places like UAB or UT-Memphis for medical school in part because the Ole Miss name turns them off. I didn't have a problem with it and there were lots of MSU fans with me in school and I didn't support any Ole Miss athletic endeavors even though I was at UMC during Eli's prime and we were on probation and unwatchable. Anyway to each their own. I know lots of people from both institutions and a lot of UMC alums go to our football games I can confirm that. Scott Westerfield's Mom worked for the school in the admissions office and I used to see her some. I always thought that was awesome.

But UMC isn't really Ole Miss other than the name University of Mississippi which most Ole Miss fans don't like to be called. And believe me we didn't have time to indulge in the "Ole Miss culture" from being way too busy. We had our own kind of "college area" culture going on in Fondren. None of my teachers ever really said anything about Ole Miss sports or promoting Ole Miss and we actually took some field trips to MSU to TK Martin and we never went to Oxford or Hattiesburg for that matter.

Outside of name and I'm sure some high up executive boards or something, there's no association between UMC and Ole Miss. Which is essentially what you said.

deadheaddawg
02-02-2020, 01:12 AM
I like Brandon walker. I listen to his podcast. Glad his bringing state on to a large national media outlet

Having said that, DK got the best of him in that clip

The Federalist Engineer
02-02-2020, 01:22 AM

Who was the last person to wear an Ole Miss football uniform that became a Doctor? I can recall many Ole Miss guys that needed a lawyer, but I wonder who was the lawyer?

Todd4State
02-02-2020, 03:05 AM
Who was the last person to wear an Ole Miss football uniform that became a Doctor? I can recall many Ole Miss guys that needed a lawyer, but I wonder who was the lawyer?

I know Rob Robertson at least when he was in medical school. I haven't seen him in at least ten years though. He was a DE when Eli was there and he started I think or at least was in the rotation as one of their top back ups. I'm honestly not sure if he is even a doctor now.

Todd4State
02-02-2020, 03:15 AM
Outside of name and I'm sure some high up executive boards or something, there's no association between UMC and Ole Miss. Which is essentially what you said.

A good synopsis!

But yeah- fortunately I never really had to deal much with the higher ups at UMC because I never got in trouble too much in school. If I recall and I may be totally wrong I think it's just we had the Chancellor of the Medical School campus over all of us who was Dan Jones at the time at UMC and I believe he answered directly to the Chancellor at Ole Miss who was Robert Khayat at that time. There may have been a board like you said but I think it was pretty direct like I said.

If they ever severed ties it would be a pretty easy split because UMC is basically self sufficient as a school as it is.

HeCannotGo
02-02-2020, 07:54 AM
I?m a ?State Doctor? that didn?t go to their med school. Just couldn?t bring myself to do it.

Same with me, except lawyer rather than doctor. It's fun to have Ole Miss people ask me if I went to Ole Miss for law school. Standard reply: "No, I wanted to go to a high-quality and highly-rated law school, so I went to Emory."

boot
02-02-2020, 08:32 AM
For the old folks that don?t understand Barstool: it?s on it?s own ****ing program. It?s a different sports media that caters to a younger crowd and Brandon Walker cussing doesn?t make State look bad within that realm.

Having national representation, good or bad, will only help market MSU. Thanks Brandon

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-02-2020, 08:47 AM
A good synopsis!

But yeah- fortunately I never really had to deal much with the higher ups at UMC because I never got in trouble too much in school. If I recall and I may be totally wrong I think it's just we had the Chancellor of the Medical School campus over all of us who was Dan Jones at the time at UMC and I believe he answered directly to the Chancellor at Ole Miss who was Robert Khayat at that time. There may have been a board like you said but I think it was pretty direct like I said.

If they ever severed ties it would be a pretty easy split because UMC is basically self sufficient as a school as it is.

You're probably right. LouAnn Woodward (MSU grad) is dean of the med school now and her official title is vice chancellor.

gravedigger
02-02-2020, 09:20 AM

So, south farm and north farm are what? Landscape projects?

Of course we are an agriculture school. Of course we are not ONLY an agriculture school.

MaroonBelle
02-02-2020, 09:41 AM

No offense, but nobody outside the state of Mississippi knows that Grisham ever went to State. He never does anything to promote State and in fact choses to spend his life in Oxford. So, if nobody knows and he doesn't support, how is he a better representative?

Michael Milken
02-02-2020, 11:03 AM
Brandon,
I don't think people realise how big a move the sale to Penn was for you at Barstool. Being one of 4 guys the president of the company Mentions as being a big part of the future of the company, is a big deal.

So congrats. And keep up the good work.

For everyone else:
Remember this is a company that's about to launch its own Barstool sports book in Multiple State's ( including Mississippi)

OLJWales
02-02-2020, 11:42 AM
Brandon has a sack. All he is doing is stating publicly what we do here behind the disguises of an internet message board.

msbulldog
02-02-2020, 12:53 PM
For the old folks that don?t understand Barstool: it?s on it?s own ****ing program. It?s a different sports media that caters to a younger crowd and Brandon Walker cussing doesn?t make State look bad within that realm.

Having national representation, good or bad, will only help market MSU. Thanks Brandon

Is a foul mouth what you want marketing MSU?

boot
02-02-2020, 12:57 PM
I don’t care honestly. Our president is “foul mouthed” but he seems to be doing a great job representing our country. They’re just words..

hp22
02-02-2020, 12:58 PM
Brandon has a sack. All he is doing is stating publicly what we do here behind the disguises of an internet message board.

He brings good comedy one liners along the way. They have a niche market in the sport world and he is good at what they do.

If Leach starts having a good run next year, his segments will be great. Our logo is everywhere when he is involved.

DDawg
02-02-2020, 12:59 PM
If you think Brandon Walker becoming a national figure and giving us air time at every availability is bad for us you?re the moron. The only thing I hated about him joining barstool is that we get less more cowbells and I have to force myself to listen to Brian Boring Ass Hadad and Joel Good Guy BUT AWFUL SCHTIK Coleman. Although I?d take them over Rosebowl any day of the week.

I personally think Brandon Walker is the man and all of my peers agree. You can tell he doesn?t try to be someone he?s not, he?s just who he is and being who he is is the reason he was able to move his family out of WEST POINT to NJ and become a prominent figure for a blossoming national sports brand. And if u don?t think that should be an example of a successful Mississippi state grad then you are just a hater, willfully ignorant or both.

msbulldog
02-02-2020, 01:18 PM
No offense, but nobody outside the state of Mississippi knows that Grisham ever went to State. He never does anything to promote State and in fact choses to spend his life in Oxford. So, if nobody knows and he doesn't support, how is he a better representative?

Maroon Belle, you seem like a very reasonable person. John Grisham lives in Virginia. Do you listen to BW stuff on Barstool? I listened to BW before Atlanta, when he was in Atlanta and to his facebook posts everyday and I liked him and regularly clicked his like buttons. I am glad he has gotten a job that pays him well, Lord knows a man with 4 children need to make a good living. i just wish he could express his self in a manner that did not require so much vulgarity. Now in private I can embarrass you with my language if I choose to. I am known to be an alumni of MSU by my co-workers, mostly LSU fans as I am in Louisiana, and I keep my language, appearance and manner in a professional way. I just hope Brandon would tone it down some.

OLJWales
02-02-2020, 01:23 PM

He's not the chief marketing guy for us. He's just having fun and getting clicks, making some money while entertaining us and the pissers. The rivalry between us and the pissers is toxic and he exposes said toxicity in a pretty good way and it's funny and entertaining and that's about it.

DDawg
02-02-2020, 01:25 PM
You and Brother Hugh Freeze sound like you?d get along great. He also hated the use of foul language and in turn was a great alumni rep for Southern Miss!

Edit: tried to quote msbulldog

msbulldog
02-02-2020, 01:26 PM
If you think Brandon Walker becoming a national figure and giving us air time at every availability is bad for us you?re the moron. The only thing I hated about him joining barstool is that we get less more cowbells and I have to force myself to listen to Brian Boring Ass Hadad and Joel Good Guy BUT AWFUL SCHTIK Coleman. Although I?d take them over Rosebowl any day of the week.

I personally think Brandon Walker is the man and all of my peers agree. You can tell he doesn?t try to be someone he?s not, he?s just who he is and being who he is is the reason he was able to move his family out of WEST POINT to NJ and become a prominent figure for a blossoming national sports brand. And if u don?t think that should be an example of a successful Mississippi state grad then you are just a hater, willfully ignorant or both.

Are you a sidewalk fan with a GED? Your grammar makes me wonder.

OLJWales
02-02-2020, 01:29 PM

Weak.

dantheman4248
02-02-2020, 01:32 PM
Barstool caters to a younger, more open crowd. (Read: more impressionable).

It's really at this point only the "boomer" generation that have such a distaste for profanity and such. And the thing about that generation is they aren't gonna change their core beliefs. They won't switch allegiances. The younger crowd will. Kids watch barstool everyday. Having Brandon there giving an opinion in a relatable manner to them gives good publicity for MSU and negative publicity for OM.

No one says you have to watch or personally like what he does. But to think he isn't having a very positive wide reaching effect for MSU right now is very closed-minded. Thinking having someone speak in a profane manner represent our school is a negative regardless of the other attributes they bring is such a hoity toity opinion. Get your own head out your ass and realize that people who think like you make up less than a third of the population. (And that's a rough estimate saying that EVERYONE over 50 thinks that way (they don't) while everyone under 50 doesn't think that way (there are some that do, but at a much lower ratio than the over 50 crowd is flipped)).

DDawg
02-02-2020, 01:36 PM

Alumni Of MSU can you say the same?

Attacking the grammar of a post on ELITE DAWGS is definitely the high road to take in an argument. Ill make sure to proof read next time, wouldnt want to be a bad example of an alumn! Sorry I subsituted U for you, but give credit where credit it is due and acknowledge that I DID NOT USE ANY FOUL LANGUAGE!

dantheman4248
02-02-2020, 01:38 PM

Maroon Belle, you seem like a very reasonable person. John Grisham lives in Virginia. Do you listen to BW stuff on Barstool? I listened to BW before Atlanta, when he was in Atlanta and to his facebook posts everyday and I liked him and regularly clicked his like buttons. I am glad he has gotten a job that pays him well, Lord knows a man with 4 children need to make a good living. i just wish he could express his self in a manner that did not require so much vulgarity. Now in private I can embarrass you with my language if I choose to. I am known to be an alumni of MSU by my co-workers, mostly LSU fans as I am in Louisiana, and I keep my language, appearance and manner in a professional way. I just hope Brandon would tone it down some.

There are multiple run-on sentences with piss poor comma usage; however, you felt the need to attack someone's grammar in your very next post.

In fact, the only comma usage (lack there of to be exact) is the non-usage of the oxford comma. I, too, silently try to not use it as a small **** you to Oxford. Other than that instance, your comma usage was bad and lends me to believe you did not pass English I in high school.

msbulldog
02-02-2020, 01:41 PM
Alumni Of MSU can you say the same?

Attacking the grammar of a post on ELITE DAWGS is definitely the high road to take in an argument. Ill make sure to proof read next time, wouldnt want to be a bad example of an alumn! Sorry I subsituted U for you, but give credit where credit it is due and acknowledge that I DID NOT USE ANY FOUL LANGUAGE!

Graduate and post graduate twice.

DDawg
02-02-2020, 01:42 PM
There are multiple run-on sentences with piss poor comma usage; however, you felt the need to attack someone's grammar in your very next post.

In fact, the only comma usage (lack there of to be exact) is the non-usage of the oxford comma. I, too, silently try to not use it as a small **** you to Oxford. Other than that instance, your comma usage was bad and lends me to believe you did not pass English I in high school.

Dan, I think we are on the same side on this one. However, since when did posting to EliteDawgs require following MLA formatting and adherence to proper grammatical practices?

DDawg
02-02-2020, 01:43 PM
Graduate and post graduate twice.

Thats alot of education to still be a dumbass!

ShotgunDawg
02-02-2020, 01:43 PM
Barstool caters to a younger, more open crowd. (Read: more impressionable).

It's really at this point only the "boomer" generation that have such a distaste for profanity and such. And the thing about that generation is they aren't gonna change their core beliefs. They won't switch allegiances. The younger crowd will. Kids watch barstool everyday. Having Brandon there giving an opinion in a relatable manner to them gives good publicity for MSU and negative publicity for OM.

No one says you have to watch or personally like what he does. But to think he isn't having a very positive wide reaching effect for MSU right now is very closed-minded. Thinking having someone speak in a profane manner represent our school is a negative regardless of the other attributes they bring is such a hoity toity opinion. Get your own head out your ass and realize that people who think like you make up less than a third of the population. (And that's a rough estimate saying that EVERYONE over 50 thinks that way (they don't) while everyone under 50 doesn't think that way (there are some that do, but at a much lower ratio than the over 50 crowd is flipped)).

THIS

Michael Milken
02-02-2020, 01:45 PM
Look at the accounts of the people backing Brandon. 80% of his followers don't know MSU outside of him. And stoolies don't mind a little cussing.

msbulldog
02-02-2020, 01:47 PM

Please show me an example of a run on sentence and justify your reasoning.

dantheman4248
02-02-2020, 01:49 PM
Dan, I think we are on the same side on this one. However, since when did posting to EliteDawgs require following MLA formatting and adherence to proper grammatical practices?

You don't. It's a message board. I was pointing out irony in their post.

It's like when that guy says "your stupid" to someone to call them dumb. It's hilarious to me when people hold others to a standard they don't even hold themselves as highly.

DDawg
02-02-2020, 01:51 PM
Please show me an example of a run on sentence and justify your reasoning.

When you have gotten to the point of arguing about run-on sentences in Elite Dawgs message board posts, I think you have lost the fight....

msbulldog
02-02-2020, 02:02 PM
When you have gotten to the point of arguing about run-on sentences in Elite Dawgs message board posts, I think you have lost the fight....

I don't think I originally brought up run on sentences.

dantheman4248
02-02-2020, 02:03 PM
I listened to BW before Atlanta, when he was in Atlanta and to his facebook posts everyday and I liked him and regularly clicked his like buttons.

Run-on #1
I listened to BW before Atlanta, when he was in Atlanta and to his facebook posts everyday, and I liked him and regularly clicked his like buttons.

I am glad he has gotten a job that pays him well, Lord knows a man with 4 children need to make a good living.

Run-on #2
Either change this to two sentences, add a conjunction after the comma or use a semicolon in place of the comma.

i just wish he could express his self in a manner that did not require so much vulgarity.

Capitalization Error
Always Capitalize a singular letter "i" unless directly referencing the lowercase version. Always start sentences with a capital letter.

Now in private I can embarrass you with my language if I choose to.

Different Comma Error
Put commas after single introductory words.

I am known to be an alumni of MSU by my co-workers, mostly LSU fans as I am in Louisiana, and I keep my language, appearance and manner in a professional way. I just hope Brandon would tone it down some.

Here is some English II for you. Improper double usage of the comma.

You use commas to split the clause: "mostly LSU fans as I am in Louisiana" from the sentence; however, you try to double-use the comma to also create a conjunctive sentence. The preferred method here is to either replace the second comma with a semicolon to indicate a change in level of comma usage or to separate that clause with parentheses with the second comma remaining in place to signify the conjunction of two independent clauses.

dantheman4248
02-02-2020, 02:06 PM
I don't think I originally brought up run on sentences.

You brought up grammar. Run-on sentences is a subset of grammar. You would know this if you were good enough to get your GED and were not just a sidewalk fan with a middle school education.

msbulldog
02-02-2020, 02:09 PM
Actually my degrees are in Engineering.

DDawg
02-02-2020, 02:18 PM

GOOD JOB! THIS IS VERY PERTINENT TO BRANDON WALKER!

deadheaddawg
02-02-2020, 02:24 PM

lol

msbulldog
02-02-2020, 02:29 PM
GOOD JOB! THIS IS VERY PERTINENT TO BRANDON WALKER!

No the only thing pertinent is BW is an embarrassment to MSU with his language. I am sure you saw DK Metcalf school him live on a national broadcast! I ask are you proud of that?

DDawg
02-02-2020, 02:42 PM
No the only thing pertinent is BW is an embarrassment to MSU with his language. I am sure you saw DK Metcalf school him live on a national broadcast! I ask are you proud of that?

I answer you, yes I am proud of that. I dont think Brandon Walker was intending to go on air and embarrass himself by trying to legitimately shit on DK Metcalf who is a GUEST on their radio show. It was a lighthearted good fun bit, and some quality content. I guess the kind of stuff that has made FOUL MOUTHED BARSTOOL SPORTS A 450 MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY.

I

Todd4State
02-02-2020, 03:02 PM

When I was at MSU I remember a lot of my friends that were engineers complaining about writing for engineers. I always wondered why. LOL.

Todd4State
02-02-2020, 03:03 PM

DK will always have to live with his example costing his team an Egg Bowl and causing worldwide embarrassment to Ole Miss.

dantheman4248
02-02-2020, 04:11 PM

As someone with two engineering degrees, I would expect you to have more common sense about when to chastise people about grammar and also ensure your shit don't stink before making an accusation.

DeputyDawg94
02-02-2020, 04:11 PM
The people who listen to barstool content talk just like that for the most part. I’m good with Brandon taking State to a different segment of the population. There are people who listen to him from all over the country who otherwise would not hear anything about MSU. Other national networks like ESPN aren’t gonna talk about us much at all.

Maroonthirteen
02-02-2020, 05:06 PM
Did DK school him? Really, I don't know.

I quit watching when Metcalf mentioned Brandon had a worm farm and Brandon informed the audience that he did in fact have a worm farm at 5 years old. It was a ridiculous conversation

MaroonBelle
02-02-2020, 06:36 PM

U r correct, I am a very reasonable person. Grisham does also have a home in Oxford and splits time between the two so my point still stands. Let me put it to you this way, if Brandon was an actor instead of a radio/web personality; was in a tv show on HBO that was watched by millions of viewers and was extremely popular among younger people; was required by the script of said show to use vulgar words, commit violence, and may be there was nudity (not Brandon thank goodness); and every time he did an interview to promote the show he mentioned his love for and pride in Mississippi State. Would you still ride him so hard? Or would you appreciate the fact that this popular actor on a popular show promoted Mississippi State. It's the same difference! This is the "script" that he follows. This is the way the owners and the people who listen/watch want the shows to be. And everybody knows it is mostly a put on and these people aren't like this all the time in real life.
All of it is basically one big overreaction for the sake of some entertainment or laughs. It's not your bag? Fine. But you really should stop attacking the man for doing his job well and promoting Mississippi State to people who want and like what he does.

OLJWales
02-02-2020, 07:18 PM
Brandon Walker > Fat, ugly , stupid AL dude who now sports USM Gear.

DDawg
02-02-2020, 10:47 PM

I think this is the most correct take of the entire thread and one we can all get behind. msbulldog we have had our differences but if you can agree that Bradon Walker is at the very least better than that loser stingray....

DDawg
02-02-2020, 10:51 PM

ALSO, Stingray is the mascot southern needs and more importantly deserves. Man that guy was an embarrassment for us, I couldnt care less about how he looked but his act got so tired so fast. Just not an entertainer.

MaroonFlounder
02-03-2020, 09:15 AM
It's connected because the state government in Mississippi has forever until recently been controlled by UM alums.

Yep. Read the forward in Rosebowl's book. It lays it out pretty plainly. I know you guys bitch about the "poor old state" crowd, but up until recently, the power brokers in this state with OM ties has always made sure we were operating from behind the 8ball.

OM has always been set up for success, to the detriment of MSU. For decades there were no 4-lane highways to or thru Starkville, and Hwy 25 was the most drawn out project in history.

Duckdog
02-03-2020, 09:18 AM
Message received.

Keep on doing what you do. Screw the haters!