PDA

View Full Version : Rufus Harvey Gets Offer

Spiderman
01-31-2020, 01:24 PM
How fast is he and can he actually catch?

I haven't seen any film on him. I know he is small

Paldridge10
01-31-2020, 01:25 PM
Per his twitter

ShotgunDawg
01-31-2020, 01:26 PM
Well I'll be damn.

Does this mean his ACT score is good?

And, if his ACT score is good, will he get a number of new offers?

HailStateSZN19
01-31-2020, 01:36 PM
How fast is he and can he actually catch?

I haven't seen any film on him. I know he is small

Rufus has glue on his hands. Dude catches almost anything thrown in his area. His verified 40 time at the Opening during the summer that's listed on his 247 profile is a 4.54 which is plenty fast enough for him to be effective and for the type of WR he is. He can get up pretty well too, he elevates really well for being 5'9"-5'10". I think he will be a kid we look back in a few years and we're very glad we gave him an offer.

KOdawg1
01-31-2020, 01:39 PM
If Rufus was from Vicksburg, no one would really care. He's a good player, don't get me wrong and I'm fine with taking him, but he's not some can't miss prospect.

Todd4State
01-31-2020, 02:05 PM
If Rufus was from Vicksburg, no one would really care. He's a good player, don't get me wrong and I'm fine with taking him, but he's not some can't miss prospect.

But he fits what we want to run. So it makes picking him up a good thing for us. If he can play the slot and catch well he can do some damage in this offense. And he may be able to return kicks as well.

Rick Danko
01-31-2020, 02:11 PM

Good god.....

Irondawg
01-31-2020, 02:20 PM
https://n.rivals.com/news/al-ms-game-mississippi-skills-1-on-1-drill

Just to remind everyone. We have 4 of the WR coming in from this video and Harvey looked the best to me followed by Walley. It's limited reps but Rufus is really quick in and out of his breaks and tracks the ball well

Jack Lambert
01-31-2020, 02:20 PM
Who is this and what sport?

Coursesuper
01-31-2020, 02:26 PM

Crew, cockswain.

BulldogDX55
01-31-2020, 02:38 PM

WR out of Starkville.

Johnson85
01-31-2020, 02:40 PM

Just to remind everyone. We have 4 of the WR coming in from this video and Walley looked the best to me followed by Walley. It's limited reps but Rufus is really quick in and out of his breaks and tracks the ball well

Was one of those supposed to be Harvey? Or were you saying that Walley was the only one that looked good to you?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-31-2020, 02:45 PM

What about Bogue Chitto?

PMDawg
01-31-2020, 03:09 PM
Has a little Jameon Lewis in him. Good hips, good twitch. Probably worth a shot at this point.

Irondawg
01-31-2020, 04:20 PM
Was one of those supposed to be Harvey? Or were you saying that Walley was the only one that looked good to you?

Yeah one was supposed to be Harvey. Fixed it now. But yeah just watching them, they were the two that were most fluid and showed the most burst in and out of breaks.

OLJWales
01-31-2020, 05:55 PM

What a suck ass post. I'll take leach's opinion.. welcome aboard Rufus, glad to have you young man.

Cowbell
01-31-2020, 06:18 PM
What a suck ass post. I'll take leach's opinion.. welcome aboard Rufus, glad to have you young man.

I second this. I have been hoping we could offer this kid. He can flat out catch the football and he can high point a ball as good as anyone his age and better than anyone his height. Do yourself a favor and go watch his highlight from 2019 - unreal.

KOdawg1
01-31-2020, 06:32 PM
Good god.....

God*

KOdawg1
01-31-2020, 06:32 PM
Literally said I was fine taking him and no where in my post did I doubt leach. What a suck ass attempt to be a smart ass

ShotgunDawg
01-31-2020, 06:36 PM
Yeah one was supposed to be Harvey. Fixed it now. But yeah just watching them, they were the two that were most fluid and showed the most burst in and out of breaks.

Burst is way more important for slot guys than raw speed.

Not even sure what guys like Cole Beasley, Welker, or Edelman run

Spiderman
01-31-2020, 06:46 PM

Just to remind everyone. We have 4 of the WR coming in from this video and Harvey looked the best to me followed by Walley. It's limited reps but Rufus is really quick in and out of his breaks and tracks the ball well

That Jamison Kelly kid looks like a player.

Forbes better test off the charts because he has no technique or fundamentals.

OLJWales
01-31-2020, 06:47 PM
Literally said I was fine taking him and no where in my post did I doubt leach. What a suck ass attempt to be a smart ass

" not a can't miss" "nobody would care if he were from vicksburg " is not the way you welcome our newest player IMO. give the guy a chance. He may make us all proud one day.

KOdawg1
01-31-2020, 06:51 PM
" not a can't miss" "nobody would care if he were from vicksburg " is not the way you welcome our newest player IMO. give the guy a chance. He may make us all proud one day.

I'm not gonna kiss his ass if that's what you're wanting. He's a good player. I hope he does make us proud one day. There's also a reason he's under recruited. Like I said, I'm fine with us taking him.

Westdawg
01-31-2020, 08:25 PM
It's not that he's been under recruited - he's a very position specific player (slot/CB/return) that is about 2-3 inches shorter than what most would consider ideal. But the kid is honestly as good as Jameon Lewis in high school.
The biggest issue with his recruiting was that he had and a LOT of ground to make up academically. It seems he is progressing well in that area, so let's hope it works out for us and him

Bdawg
01-31-2020, 09:25 PM

I thought the same thing. I know it's a small sample size but he looked the best in coverage.

Hambone
02-01-2020, 12:30 AM
Did he commit? I thought we just offered?

Bothrops
02-01-2020, 12:44 AM
He's a player and has great hands. If he really runs a 4.54 40, he should be a take for just about anybody in the SEC at the slot position.

Todd4State
02-01-2020, 12:46 AM
He's a player and has great hands. If he really runs a 5.56 40, he should be a take for just about anybody in the SEC at the slot position.

I would imagine he's faster than that.

Todd4State
02-01-2020, 12:48 AM
Did he commit? I thought we just offered?

He hasn't committed officially but I would think that's just a formality at this point. Unless he just really like Jonesboro- nice town by the way. I wonder if one of the stipulations with Leach and this staff is officially visiting before making an official decision?

Todd4State
02-01-2020, 12:54 AM
It's not that he's been under recruited - he's a very position specific player (slot/CB/return) that is about 2-3 inches shorter than what most would consider ideal. But the kid is honestly as good as Jameon Lewis in high school.
The biggest issue with his recruiting was that he had and a LOT of ground to make up academically. It seems he is progressing well in that area, so let's hope it works out for us and him

I agree 100%. I'm guessing that Adams and Harvey were an either/or but not both deal too. The thing about it is with the transfer portal I wouldn't be shocked if ended up with Adams at some point down the road. Assuming Adams doesn't go the JUCO route himself. We need to make sure that Co-Lin is plugged in with him just in case. Coach O is still a lot about recruiting rankings so he'll take guys like Adams that are grade risks to bump up their rankings. And in Louisiana if there is a local WR next year that's really good Adams could get lost in the shuffle pretty quickly especially with local pressure there.

The thing about Harvey- if Adams did go to MSU and we let Harvey go to Arkansas State I also wouldn't be surprised if he entered the portal and tried to come back to MSU at some point as well.

bulldawg28
02-01-2020, 01:36 AM

I thought the same thing watching him during these drills. He's polished for a high school kid.

Todd4State
02-01-2020, 07:53 AM

He's going to La Tech.