PDA

View Full Version : Dawgs vs Rocky Top Tomorrow

StarkVegasSteve
01-31-2020, 10:21 AM
Big game tomorrow at home, although they're all big from here on out. Need a huge crowd. Despite their record this is a good Tennessee team. Played Kansas close the whole game at Phog Allen last week. They're really solid defensively.

smootness
01-31-2020, 10:28 AM
Yep, they're all big at this point. Because regardless of the result against Tennessee, the UK game becomes huge if we can win it. Then the schedule really softens after that, but that just means we really need to win most of those so they don't drop us down the NET rankings.

Cowbeller
01-31-2020, 10:29 AM
Big game tomorrow at home, although they're all big from here on out. Need a huge crowd. Despite their record this is a good Tennessee team. Played Kansas close the whole game at Phog Allen last week. They're really solid defensively.

Im a student and it seems like we might have a disappointing showing bc hungover kids dont want to get out of bed. It's 17 pathetic

WPDawg
01-31-2020, 10:30 AM
Big game and everyone needs to get out and support these guys. We have some very good talent and they are fun to watch as they continue to improve as a team every game. Get a ticket and go!.... and if you have a ticket and cant go, do the right thing to support this team and get it in the hands of people who can go!

Hail State!

WPDawg
01-31-2020, 10:32 AM
Im a student and it seems like we might have a disappointing showing bc hungover kids dont want to get out of bed. It's 17 pathetic

Sounds like you need to start a movement

StarkVegasSteve
01-31-2020, 10:36 AM
To add: As of today, Joe Lunardi has us as the first team out of the tournament, Dave Ommen of NBC Sports has us in a 1st 4 game in Dayton playing UVA, and Jerry Palm has us as an 11 playing Iowa.

Tomorrow is huge and to the students possibly being hungover......go drink a screwdriver or a bloody mary and get rowdy. You'll be fine.

Cowbeller
01-31-2020, 10:40 AM
Sounds like you need to start a movement

Got a bulldawg tattoo on my a** and they still wont follow me haha

smootness
01-31-2020, 11:09 AM
If we keep playing like we have in the last 6, I think we'll end up about a 7 or 8 seed.

WPDawg
01-31-2020, 11:14 AM
Somebody in MSU media needs to get some crowd game video shots from late 90s and early 2000s out to twitter social media etc.... The Hump was the place to be on basketball game day. did not matter if you were a basketball junkie or not as a student. It was loud and fun. Someone needs to lead the charge to getting it back to that atmosphere. get a band of students who will paint up and get crazy and jump start the madness. Might have to show your a**.

MCsMGs
01-31-2020, 11:21 AM

In my day, the saying was "I'm gonna have a hangover, but it ain't gonna be today!".

It's Saturday for crying out loud...get up, get a little hair of the dawg, and get to the game!

OLJWales
01-31-2020, 11:28 AM
ESPN seems to have us as 70% chance to win if I'm understanding that right. They seem to be real good one night then real bad the next. For a tourney shot, looks like a must win, right?

WPDawg
01-31-2020, 11:35 AM
[QUOTE=OLJWales;1227268]ESPN seems to have us as 70% chance to win if I'm understanding that right. They seem to be real good one night then real bad the next. For a tourney shot, looks like a must win, right?[/QUOTE

Every win is good for the resume.

Cowbeller
01-31-2020, 11:41 AM
Somebody in MSU media needs to get some crowd game video shots from late 90s and early 2000s out to twitter social media etc.... The Hump was the place to be on basketball game day. did not matter if you were a basketball junkie or not as a student. It was loud and fun. Someone needs to lead the charge to getting it back to that atmosphere. get a band of students who will paint up and get crazy and jump start the madness. Might have to show your a**.

Got the cutout jeans and whiskey I?m gonna sneak in ready for tomorrow

smootness
01-31-2020, 11:46 AM
ESPN seems to have us as 70% chance to win if I'm understanding that right. They seem to be real good one night then real bad the next. For a tourney shot, looks like a must win, right?

No single game is a must-win. But as WPDawg said, they're all good.

UK, Arkansas, and Bama wouldn't hurt us too bad if we lost. The rest would sting.

StarkVegasSteve
01-31-2020, 12:08 PM

UK, Arkansas, and Bama wouldn't hurt us too bad if we lost. The rest would sting.

I would agree except for Bama. That might be a must win with it being at home. Splitting UK and Arky would help us as well.

OLJWales
01-31-2020, 12:08 PM

A home game we are favored to win at this juncture would sting too I would assume if we lose.

smootness
01-31-2020, 12:15 PM
A home game we are favored to win at this juncture would sting too I would assume if we lose.

Are you talking about Bama? We may or may not end up favored in that. If you're talking about Tennessee, then yes, they're included in 'the rest'.

But nothing right now is an absolute must-win.

R2Dawg
01-31-2020, 03:32 PM

Hump in those days was electric. Ray years was like a nuke bomb. It takes time to build back up; it is happening slowly. Also attendance seems to be down everywhere unless you are UK, Kansas or Duke. That said, I'll be there Sat.

OLJWales
01-31-2020, 03:45 PM
Are you talking about Bama? We may or may not end up favored in that. If you're talking about Tennessee, then yes, they're included in 'the rest'.

But nothing right now is an absolute must-win.

Correct, we can just lose the rest of our regular season games then go on a tear and cut down the nets at the SEC tournament.

My thinking is if we lose tomorrow, it's NIT at best and there will be quite a few folks here agreeing.

Maroonthirteen
01-31-2020, 03:47 PM
Anyone got a gray seat ticket? I'll drive down to fill those seats.

smootness
01-31-2020, 04:37 PM
My thinking is if we lose tomorrow, it's NIT at best and there will be quite a few folks here agreeing.

That is in no way true, and I'm not talking about the SEC Tournament.

For that to be true, you're saying if we lose to Tennessee and then win out, including a win over UK, we would finish 23-8, 14-4 in conference, and miss the NCAA Tournament? Not a chance. We would be probably a 6 seed at worst in that scenario.

OLJWales
01-31-2020, 04:52 PM
That is in no way true, and I'm not talking about the SEC Tournament.

For that to be true, you're saying if we lose to Tennessee and then win out, including a win over UK, we would finish 23-8, 14-4 in conference, and miss the NCAA Tournament? Not a chance. We would be probably a 6 seed at worst in that scenario.

Yep, but losing tomorrow would tell us a lot about what the remainder of the season would look like. We are coming off a huge momentum building road win and losing tomorrow against a lesser opponent would only be defined as a major bed shitting. Time to keep on making up for the la tech and nmsu disasters.

smootness
01-31-2020, 05:03 PM
Yep, but losing tomorrow would tell us a lot about what the remainder of the season would look like. We are coming off a huge momentum building road win and losing tomorrow against a lesser opponent would only be defined as a major bed shitting. Time to keep on making up for the la tech and nmsu disasters.

Yeah, it would hurt to lose it. I'm just saying it's not a must-win. We can absolutely lose than and make the Tournament. We can probably lose another 3-4 SEC games and still make it.

WPDawg
01-31-2020, 05:30 PM

Most all teams evolve in to the finished product as the season progresses. From an overall record standpoint, Ws are good. Ls are bad. but neither result will define the final outcome of the season with so many games yet to play. How they play, execute, defend, hustle as different 5 man units etc.... will be more defining. This team has talent and play with effort and it appears to have a camaraderie that exudes success. I think they are still learning with different rotations and this continued experience will provide the opportunities to smooth out inconsistencies and hone their team play. Looking forward to see how far they can go.

OLJWales
01-31-2020, 05:33 PM
I keep forgetting we've only played 7 conf games and have 11 to go

RougeDawg
01-31-2020, 05:58 PM
Watching the UK men?s game the other night there were plenty of empty seats. Was a midweek game but still was odd to see empty seats in lower section.

If we play up to our ability, we win this one. Cannot come out flat again and try to come back. That eventually wears down a team.