PDA

View Full Version : Rupp Arena

RocketDawg
01-29-2020, 06:51 PM
Just watching a little of the UK/Vandy game, and noticed they only have the NCAA men's 3-point line on the floor (there's a ghost image of the women's, but would be unusable). Presumably this is because the women play in a different gym than the men, probably because the crowd will appear to be larger than it would be lost in Rupp.

When we played Oklahoma in the NBA facility, they only had the NCAA men's line and the NBA line. I think that may have confused our players momentarily thinking that the lines were for the women and men college since that's is what they're used to.

That's why we lost. **

chef dixon
01-29-2020, 07:29 PM
The amount of 3pt lines on a lot of the courts is absurd. They should have just kept the one from last year or make the women back up too.

RocketDawg
01-29-2020, 07:33 PM
The amount of 3pt lines on a lot of the courts is absurd. They should have just kept the one from last year or make the women back up too.

Agree. Probalby should make them all the same. Then you either make 3's or you don't.

Vandy up by 9 now and they have the ball. Just after halftime.

DanDority
01-29-2020, 07:41 PM
Only UK men play in Rupp

Homedawg
01-29-2020, 08:20 PM
Women play in memorial. Two lines are in most gyms. They are different color. Players are use to it. Not a big deal.

RocketDawg
01-29-2020, 09:01 PM
Only UK men play in Rupp

Women play in memorial. Two lines are in most gyms. They are different color. Players are use to it. Not a big deal.

I don't think you guys read the original post very well.

Homedawg
01-29-2020, 09:09 PM
I don't think you guys read the original post very well.

Uh I told him where the women play... memorial. He didn't know other than it wasn't Rupp. He also used *** so the blame on the loss was a joke.

R2Dawg
01-29-2020, 09:37 PM
Uh I told him where the women play... memorial. He didn't know other than it wasn't Rupp. He also used *** so the blame on the loss was a joke.

I don't think he was blaming loss on that but we lost by 1; one bounce and we win the game.

When you are used to lines one way everywhere and then play on a different one, it does mess with you. Guys don't stare at floor, it is by feel. I saw us shoot several from back line and it seemed obvious guys were making sure they were behind the second line. I don't like all these lines either. Just pick one and be done.

If you have ever played basketball on different floors and coloring, you know what I am talking about. Lane and out of bounds colors and color logos can mess with your head in heat of battle.

Maroonthirteen
01-29-2020, 10:47 PM
That's one reason for the pregame shoot around. If our coaching staff and players can't pick up on the lines in pregame.... well.... that's extremely poor coaching.

Rex54
01-29-2020, 11:56 PM
https://twitter.com/theherd/status/883119132136292353?s=21