PDA

View Full Version : Costello in home visit

Paldridge10
01-28-2020, 03:04 PM
Moved to Thursday. Fingers still crossed.

msstate7
01-28-2020, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I'm taking this as not great news. Washington visit bumped the in-home

HailStateSZN19
01-28-2020, 03:20 PM
Rosie was stating from the start of the week that he believed the in-home was scheduled for Wednesday or Thursday. I don't think it was ever set in stone for tonight so I don't think it's "getting pushed back" or anything like that. Sounds like Thursday might have been the date all along for the in-home visit.

Paldridge10
01-28-2020, 03:27 PM
Rosie was stating from the start of the week that he believed the in-home was scheduled for Wednesday or Thursday. I don't think it was ever set in stone for tonight so I don't think it's "getting pushed back" or anything like that. Sounds like Thursday might have been the date all along for the in-home visit.
Yeah I?m hoping this is the case.

HailStateSZN19
01-28-2020, 03:37 PM
Yeah I?m hoping this is the case.

I just don't see him pushing back our in-home when we've been considered the pretty heavy favorites since mid-week last week from those within the CFB media industry, especially the well-connected national 247 guys and when he had a very good visit last weekend with his parents as well. I think Thursday might have been the planned day all along and here's to hoping the Pirate closes this thing out Thursday night!

DogsofAnarchy
01-28-2020, 03:44 PM
The in home was Thursday all along.

msstate7
01-28-2020, 03:47 PM
The in home was Thursday all along.

Great

Cooterpoot
It was never moved. Not much to worry about at this point.

Dawg-gone-dawgs

He also said other schools were trying to get him to visit this weekend. I would worry more about those than Washington. Him choosing Washington over Leach doesn't make sense. Chris Peterson is not the coach anymore.

HailStateSZN19
01-28-2020, 03:48 PM
It was never moved. Not much to worry about at this point.

Think this is all wrapped in Maroon & White after Thursday night?

Cooterpoot
01-28-2020, 03:51 PM
I thinks it's just a formality unless there's something we don't know.

msstate7
01-28-2020, 04:01 PM

Nice

Cowbell
01-28-2020, 04:36 PM

To late to transfer for spring?

TrapGame
01-28-2020, 04:42 PM
To late to transfer for spring?

He doesn't get out of Stanford until April. He can't go through spring practice.

Cowbell
01-28-2020, 04:54 PM
He doesn't get out of Stanford until April. He can't go through spring practice.

Thank you

OLJWales
01-28-2020, 06:02 PM

That sucks. Can't he complete everything online? We even got some .great tutors to guide and do some. "heppin'" on that kinda stuff.

RocketDawg
01-28-2020, 06:57 PM
That sucks. Can't he complete everything online? We even got some .great tutors to guide and do some. "heppin'" on that kinda stuff.

This is Stanford we're talking about. They probably make even athletes go to class.

BeardoMSU
01-28-2020, 07:09 PM
This is Stanford we're talking about. They probably make even athletes go to class.

This^^. Which makes his performance there even more impressive. Not saying he's Andrew Luck, but those guys are smart. They don't give out degrees to kids that can't write their own name... #Powe

starkvegasdawg
01-28-2020, 07:30 PM
Has Bert weighed in yet?

CadaverDawg
01-28-2020, 07:32 PM
Has Bert weighed in yet?

No, he's helping Napier's family unpack at their new house in Starkville.

dawgday166
01-28-2020, 07:33 PM

At Old Waverly.

RocketDawg
01-28-2020, 07:35 PM

Haha. No doubt.

HailStateSZN19
01-28-2020, 07:37 PM
I need Bert to come in here and confirm Costello to Washington and then I’ll relax and feel a whole lot better lol.

Dawgfan77
01-29-2020, 08:02 AM
Don't be surprised if that visit to Washington doesn't happen.... more to follow.....

Paldridge10
01-29-2020, 08:31 AM
Don't be surprised if that visit to Washington doesn't happen.... more to follow.....
He was reported to be there yesterday so please share.

KOdawg1
01-29-2020, 09:14 AM
He took the visit and even picked up a crystal ball to UW. Please be sure to inform us of any new developments with your insider information.

BeardoMSU
01-29-2020, 09:15 AM
I need Bert to come in here and confirm Costello to Washington and then I’ll relax and feel a whole lot better lol.

Lol!

https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-01-2014/wv2TYx.gif

HailStateSZN19
01-29-2020, 09:17 AM
He took the visit and even picked up a crystal ball to UW. Please be sure to inform us of any new developments with your insider information.

DELETE

HailStateSZN19
01-29-2020, 09:28 AM

Well, Paul Jones is saying this morning that Costello OV'd UW yesterday and not sure if it continues today or not but he is or did OV them so.....

He doesn't sound as confident as he has been since Costello didn't commit and shut it down last weekend and now he's OV'ing UW which is much closer to home for him.

Need the Pirate to close it out tomorrow night.

Todd4State
01-29-2020, 09:28 AM
The CB worries me slightly but it still is a Notre Dame insider that CB'd him to UW. He might have some inside track on him but until our guys, along with the 247 National guy that has him CB'd to us still, CB's him to UW I'm going to remain confident. Heck who knows, maybe he changes his mind and wants to stay out on the West coast but I still think the Pirate prevails in the end and he's a Dawg. Just a hunch.

Pretty sure anyone associated with Notre Dame is going to look down on Mississippi State too. Just saying it could be some bias based on old history that isn't relevant anymore.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-29-2020, 09:31 AM
Well, Paul Jones is saying this morning that Costello OV'd UW yesterday and not sure if it continues today or not but he is or did OV them so.....

He doesn't sound as confident as he has been since Costello didn't commit and shut it down last weekend and now he's OV'ing UW which is much closer to home for him.

Need the Pirate to close it out tomorrow night.

You forgot the part about "seeing if those plans to meet with Leach hold up." It is possible that meeting won't happen.
You got to think if it does happen our chances are really good. If he knew he wasn't picking MSU then surely he would let Leach know so he didn't have to fly out there for nothing.

HailStateSZN19
01-29-2020, 09:33 AM
You forgot the part about "seeing if those plans to meet with Leach hold up." It is possible that meeting won't happen.

Oh really?..... so we've gone from heavily leading to now him considering cancelling the plans for Leach to go see him?? I'm assuming he'd cancel the meeting only because he's decided against MSU and is staying out West?

Dawg2003
01-29-2020, 09:59 AM
This is why I need to stop following recruiting. You end up going down rabbit holes that don't pan out.

HailStateSZN19
01-29-2020, 10:02 AM
I don't have a great feeling about this now...... why does this feel like we're about to get ditched right when we thought we had him?

ZedFedder
01-29-2020, 10:07 AM
Honestly, it would not surprise me if he visited and just did not like Starkville at all. He is an Orange County kid.

CadaverDawg
01-29-2020, 10:09 AM
I've come to the conclusion that the amount of people with "sources" fluctuates with the $1 per month Genespage subscription sales. Interesting.

ShotgunDawg
01-29-2020, 10:14 AM
Honestly, it would not surprise me if he visited and just did not like Starkville at all. He is an Orange County kid.

Possibly but usually grad transfers are significantly more mature than that. Especially Stanford grads.

Grad transfers usually take the option that gives them the best chance at the NFL.

Todd4State
01-29-2020, 11:13 AM
I don't have a great feeling about this now...... why does this feel like we're about to get ditched right when we thought we had him?

Because that's typically what happens. Except it's usually someone like Auburn coming in with bags of cash and we just sit there and take the high road.

PMDawg
01-29-2020, 11:27 AM
Honestly, UW would be a better choice for him. Closer to home, same conference, better shot a national relevance (for 2020 season), and work in more NFL prototypical system.

Working under Leach would likely produce huge stats for next season, but the NFL scouts know not to put a huge amount of stock in the eye popping numbers.

I hope he comes here, but if he doesn't, I'm not going to hold it against him or pretend like it doesn't make sense. Leach will have a QB ready to go in August. I'm not worried about that.

Todd4State
01-29-2020, 11:44 AM
Honestly, UW would be a better choice for him. Closer to home, same conference, better shot a national relevance (for 2020 season), and work in more NFL prototypical system.

Working under Leach would likely produce huge stats for next season, but the NFL scouts know not to put a huge amount of stock in the eye popping numbers.

I hope he comes here, but if he doesn't, I'm not going to hold it against him or pretend like it doesn't make sense. Leach will have a QB ready to go in August. I'm not worried about that.

Hail State!**

NCDawg
01-29-2020, 11:45 AM
Think this is all wrapped in Maroon & White after Thursday night?

I didn't know Texas A&M was after him. Think our colors have changed to black, white, and gray from what I've seen on the basketball court lately.

TrapGame
01-29-2020, 11:47 AM

Damn your rationality! ***

HancockCountyDog
01-29-2020, 11:49 AM
One thing that is getting lost in this is that he doesn't have the luxury/ability to come in until the Summer. He doesn't have to rush the decision. I think everyone needs to take a breath.

PMDawg
01-29-2020, 12:06 PM
Hail State!**

Lol. I know. But I'm just trying to approach it from his point of view. Hope he comes here, but hey, who knows.

ShotgunDawg
01-29-2020, 12:19 PM

I wish the "I understand" portion of our fan base would rot off. I just don't see how MSU moves forward with so many fans that have an inferiority complex about their school and completely suck ass at selling it.

Just leave. Go cheer for a school that it's clear you wish you were a fan of.

Goodness MSU fans like you and you're not the only one, just suck.

PMDawg
01-29-2020, 12:36 PM
I wish the "I understand" portion of our fan base would rot off. I just don't see how MSU moves forward with so many fans that have an inferiority complex about their school and completely suck ass at selling it.

You are literally the stupidest person I've ever run across online or in person. 30,000 posts, and you've never said anything even remotely intelligent. Your life must really suck for you to be this angry over something so inconsequential. I could say a LOT more, but I'm going to hold my tongue.

Todd4State
01-29-2020, 01:08 PM
Lol. I know. But I'm just trying to approach it from his point of view. Hope he comes here, but hey, who knows.

Well I went to MSU and had to live in Seattle while doing a rotation for professional school. If he is a football player and is serious about he will go play in the SEC. Also being rational here.

Extendedcab
01-29-2020, 01:32 PM
You are literally the stupidest person I've ever run across online or in person. 30,000 posts, and you've never said anything even remotely intelligent. Your life must really suck for you to be this angry over something so inconsequential. I could say a LOT more, but I'm going to hold my tongue.

I don't agree with everything ShotgunDawg said but I do agree with the sentiment that we have an inferiority complex. This seems to hold true both for fans and student athlete alike. We have a lot of moral victories in that we did not get blown out of a game where we play an opponent that has a more "Blue Blood" name than MSU. Crap, who cares about a moral victory, it is still a LOSS. It still shows up on the win loss record as a loss and it more than likely will prevent MSU, name your sport, from competing in any post season tournaments or championships. We, fans and student athletes, do need to grow up and not feel inferior to anybody. Yes, Mississippi is looked down on by the majority of the US, look at your favorite poll of the day, and you will find Mississippi at the bottom. Just because they don't respect us does not mean we shouldn't have respect for ourselves.. I think the new coaching staff will instill this sense of self respect and that you get what you earn. No entitlements, no self pity, no inferiority complex, just train (properly - to your utmost ability) and compete.

I am old school (MSU class of 82) and have lived in several states since graduating. I can tell you that the only difference in Mississippi and the rest of the US (people wise that is) is how you train (education is training also - it is preparation), how you view yourself and the tenacity in which you approach your profession and live life. I say lock and load, go get-em! Do not be embarrassed that we are MSU, we have nothing to apologize for.

ShotgunDawg
01-29-2020, 01:43 PM
I don't agree with everything ShotgunDawg said but I do agree with the sentiment that we have an inferiority complex. This seems to hold true both for fans and student athlete alike. We have a lot of moral victories in that we did not get blown out of a game where we play an opponent that has a more "Blue Blood" name than MSU. Crap, who cares about a moral victory, it is still a LOSS. It still shows up on the win loss record as a loss and it more than likely will prevent MSU, name your sport, from competing in any post season tournaments or championships. We, fans and student athletes, do need to grow up and not feel inferior to anybody. Yes, Mississippi is looked down on by the majority of the US, look at your favorite poll of the day, and you will find Mississippi at the bottom. Just because they don't respect us does not mean we shouldn't have respect for ourselves.. I think the new coaching staff will instill this sense of self respect and that you get what you earn. No entitlements, no self pity, no inferiority complex, just train (properly - to your utmost ability) and compete.

I am old school (MSU class of 82) and have lived in several states since graduating. I can tell you that the only difference in Mississippi and the rest of the US (people wise that is) is how you train (education is training also - it is preparation), how you view yourself and the tenacity in which you approach your profession and live life. I say lock and load, go get-em! Do not be embarrassed that we are MSU, we have nothing to apologize for.

This guy gets it. Thank you

ShotgunDawg
01-29-2020, 02:43 PM

247 is stock full of these types. While that site has mostly solid staff guys, it makes the discussions over there almost unreadable

Gutter Cobreh
01-29-2020, 02:49 PM

Did you root for Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl like Shotgun did?

I don't get this inferiority complex that you two speak of. I don't think we've ever gone to Omaha and not thought that we were not going to win. I don't think (since Vic arrived) that the girl's team couldn't bring home a championship when they entered the tournament. I don't think anyone (outside of last year) ever felt like we didn't have a chance to win a particular football game prior to kickoff. I won't talk about men's basketball because they're so inconsistent you never know what will happen.

My point is that you two seem to look for the inferiority more than I think it actually exists, which in turn means you think about it more than the average fan. Hell, go back and look at the threads predicting win totals for football prior to the season starting - nothing there screams inferiority. Lastly, the AD doesn't feel pressure to make a change with the football coach when the fans have an inferiority complex. It seems to me that the fans made their voices heard loud and clear this past season when the product on the field didn't match the expectations of the group.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-29-2020, 03:15 PM

You're going to hold your tongue or.....finger? Because we can't hear you

PMDawg
01-29-2020, 03:21 PM
This guy gets it. Thank you

Lol. Yeah, this is your whole problem in a nutshell. Only people who agree with you or share your exact opinion "get it" or "think right". You don't know how to act if someone thinks differently from you. You just start attacking, questioning their intelligence or motives, or, apparently, wish for them to die off. But, hey, you do you.

As for the others, I don't have an inferiority complex when it comes to State. Just because I tried to look at this objectively doesn't mean that I do. That's ridiculous. Not every recruit or transfer chooses MSU. It's okay guys! We get a lot of great players that do choose us. One guy isn't going to break us.

My point earlier was that I understand how Washington is a real threat to us in this ONE recruitment, for this PARTICULAR recruit. It's not because we are inferior to Washington in any way. It just may be a better fit for this particular guy. Again, IT'S OK.

KJ grew up in Newport Beach and currently lives in Palo Alto. Seattle is more similar to those places than Starkville is.

He has a degree from Stanford and is pursuing a masters, so he obviously values education. Washington is ranked inside the top 70 in most lists. MSU is generally 200+. I'm proud of my degree from MSU and the education I received while there, but I get that we are not viewed as prestigious in certain regions.

He has 1 year to play. Washington returns 9 defensive starters from a group that was great last year, and a bunch of experience on the offense. Washington has been in the national championship picture for the last 2 or 3 seasons. Washington has an easier path to a conference championship than MSU does. We were a wreck last year, thanks to Joe, and now we are changing to an offensive scheme that has never even been thought of at MSU in our entire history.

These are all facts. None are disputable. Do I think Leach could take this guy and have him throw for 5000 yards and get him drafted on day 1 or 2? Yes! I think he could come here and have great success and it be a great choice for him. Do I also understand that he could look at the two situations and choose Washington and still have great success? Of course.

I don't think MSU is an inferior choice. But the guy has to process a lot of information and make a life decision. I get it either way. I understand that Washington may be a threat to us.

If that makes you think I need to die off (or whatever "rot off" means), then that's your problem, not mine. If you really feel that way, you honestly should find a good psychiatrist.

PMDawg
01-29-2020, 03:22 PM
You're going to hold your tongue or.....finger? Because we can't hear you

Lol. I knew at least one smart ass would say that. +1

PMDawg
01-29-2020, 03:23 PM
it makes the discussions over there almost unreadable

The irony is just dripping from this post, and you can't even see it.

Extendedcab
01-29-2020, 03:27 PM

I don't get this inferiority complex that you two speak of. I don't think we've ever gone to Omaha and not thought that we were not going to win. I don't think (since Vic arrived) that the girl's team couldn't bring home a championship when they entered the tournament. I don't think anyone (outside of last year) ever felt like we didn't have a chance to win a particular football game prior to kickoff. I won't talk about men's basketball because they're so inconsistent you never know what will happen.

My point is that you two seem to look for the inferiority more than I think it actually exists, which in turn means you think about it more than the average fan. Hell, go back and look at the threads predicting win totals for football prior to the season starting - nothing there screams inferiority. Lastly, the AD doesn't feel pressure to make a change with the football coach when the fans have an inferiority complex. It seems to me that the fans made their voices heard loud and clear this past season when the product on the field didn't match the expectations of the group.

Ahh, you live in Georgia and not Mississippi. Move to Mississippi and you will see what we mean. And as far as your question about rooting for Cold Piss - that is plain insulting! Nobody, sane that is, roots for Cold Piss! Inferiority complex, you can see it on their faces and in the way they approach the game - play Not to Lose instead of playing to Win!! It is an inferiority mind set and apparently you do not get it living in Georgia. Yes, I do think that now this mindset is changing but it is still prevalent. Vic is ahead of the game in this regard and is making great progress, but there are still moments where the team, not the coach, has this inferior attitude. Football is a different story, which is the main object of this post. PTLGD!

smootness
01-29-2020, 03:30 PM
There is a difference in having an inferiority complex and just not being a blind homer.

ShotgunDawg
01-29-2020, 03:30 PM

1. Shotgundawg did not cheer for Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl.
2. Shotgundawg did however throw out the possibility of doing so &, as we saw, 'gun was right.
3. We have a pretty substantial portion of our fan base that has truly bought into Starkville sucking. Not because they've ever personally had an issue with Starkville, but likely because the media told them to.
4. Collectively as a fan base & state, we need to do a better job of selling ourselves to those inside & outside the state. Mississippi is a special place, but often times the ones that have only lived in state can't see that.

msudawglb
01-29-2020, 03:31 PM
Lol. Yeah, this is your whole problem in a nutshell. Only people who agree with you or share your exact opinion "get it" or "think right". You don't know how to act if someone thinks differently from you. You just start attacking, questioning their intelligence or motives, or, apparently, wish for them to die off. But, hey, you do you.

As for the others, I don't have an inferiority complex when it comes to State. Just because I tried to look at this objectively doesn't mean that I do. That's ridiculous. Not every recruit or transfer chooses MSU. It's okay guys! We get a lot of great players that do choose us. One guy isn't going to break us.

My point earlier was that I understand how Washington is a real threat to us in this ONE recruitment, for this PARTICULAR recruit. It's not because we are inferior to Washington in any way. It just may be a better fit for this particular guy. Again, IT'S OK.

KJ grew up in Newport Beach and currently lives in Palo Alto. Seattle is more similar to those places than Starkville is.

He has a degree from Stanford and is pursuing a masters, so he obviously values education. Washington is ranked inside the top 70 in most lists. MSU is generally 200+. I'm proud of my degree from MSU and the education I received while there, but I get that we are not viewed as prestigious in certain regions.

He has 1 year to play. Washington returns 9 defensive starters from a group that was great last year, and a bunch of experience on the offense. Washington has been in the national championship picture for the last 2 or 3 seasons. Washington has an easier path to a conference championship than MSU does. We were a wreck last year, thanks to Joe, and now we are changing to an offensive scheme that has never even been thought of at MSU in our entire history.

These are all facts. None are disputable. Do I think Leach could take this guy and have him throw for 5000 yards and get him drafted on day 1 or 2? Yes! I think he could come here and have great success and it be a great choice for him. Do I also understand that he could look at the two situations and choose Washington and still have great success? Of course.

I don't think MSU is an inferior choice. But the guy has to process a lot of information and make a life decision. I get it either way. I understand that Washington may be a threat to us.

If that makes you think I need to die off (or whatever "rot off" means), then that's your problem, not mine. If you really feel that way, you honestly should find a good psychiatrist.

Yeah, I somewhat agree with Shotgun on this. I mean, its ok if you feel this way, but why must you post it on our message board. It's like, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. If you think something that will not help out MSU, why post it? I have no idea what benefit there is to posting, "I love MSU but I understand if someone is better off to go somewhere else." There is a large number of MSU fans who would rather post their beliefs online than post to support our University.

We all should feel 100% that MSU is the greatest and everyone should go to MSU. It will change everyone's lives in a positive manner! No place is better than MSU!

PKADogs55
01-29-2020, 03:36 PM
So ...... Back to K.J.

ShotgunDawg
01-29-2020, 03:37 PM

I appreciate that you truly believe in MSU. Thank you for saying that.

I just feel that all too often MSU fans have a tendency to degrade themselves in an effort to make them feel better about losing a recruit, coach, etc.... They too easily accept a bogus narrative, created by outsiders, & attempt to use it to explain things when disappointing things happen.

Personally, I think MSU is great & people that don't want to be a part of it are 17ing idiots that don't know their ass from their belly button.

Is that true? No, but if this school is going to reach the next level that's the type of attitude that MSU & Mississippi need to have. They have to be all in on selling the place.

Imagine shopping for a new car at a Ford dealership & you tell the Ford salesman that you are also considering Chevy. Are you more likely to buy the Ford if the Ford salesman understands all the reasons that the Chevy is a good option & proceeds to tell you all the things that are better about Chevy or are you more likely to buy the Ford if the Ford guy is so convicted that Ford makes the best car that he can't comprehend how in the world you'd actually buy a Chevy instead?

We wonder why we've been losing so many in-state recruits.... it's my belief that this is the #1 reason. The in-state players simply don't see the state & school as special & the inability of the locals to sell that is a huge reason why

PMDawg
01-29-2020, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I somewhat agree with Shotgun on this. I mean, its ok if you feel this way, but why must you post it on our message board. It's like, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. If you think something that will not help out MSU, why post it? I have no idea what benefit there is to posting, "I love MSU but I understand if someone is better off to go somewhere else." There is a large number of MSU fans who would rather post their beliefs online than post to support our University.

We all should feel 100% that MSU is the greatest and everyone should go to MSU. It will change everyone's lives in a positive manner! No place is better than MSU!

Ah, this is Gene's Page now? Only sunshine pumping allowed. Got it.

yjnkdawg
01-29-2020, 03:45 PM
So ...... Back to K.J.

Nahhh!! It wouldn't be normal on ED if a thread wasn't hijacked for somebody to promote their agenda, or just try to get more attention.

Extendedcab
01-29-2020, 03:47 PM
Nahhh!! It wouldn't be normal on ED if a thread wasn't hijacked for somebody to promote their agenda, or just try to get more attention.

No agenda or attention seeking, just a MSU first attitude instead of a MSU last attitude.

smootness
01-29-2020, 03:51 PM
Personally, I think MSU is great & people that don't want to be a part of it are 17ing idiots that don't know their ass from their belly button.

Is that true? No

Get out of here with your inferiority complex.

Imagine shopping for a new car at a Ford dealership & you tell the Ford salesman that you are also considering Chevy. Are you more likely to buy the Ford if the Ford salesman understands all the reasons that the Chevy is a good option & proceeds to tell you all the things that are better about Chevy or are you more likely to buy the Ford if the Ford guy is so convicted that Ford makes the best car that he can't comprehend how in the world you'd actually buy a Chevy instead?

Genuinely, 100%, I'm more likely to buy a car from someone if I trust them. And if they are way too over the top that their choice is easily the best, I will not trust them. I hate pushy salesmen. If they allow that other options are also good but point out to me what they offer that is different, I am more likely to buy from them.

HailStateSZN19
01-29-2020, 03:52 PM
On the Boneyard today, Rosie said that our staff was already aware of Costello's plan to visit UW this week so that didn't come out of left field for them. Still expected to to have the in-home tomorrow night. Costello has not completely ruled out another OV or 2 this coming weekend (believe that's what Rosie said) but we need to wait and see what happens tomorrow night when Leach has his in-home. We might not get him but that eased my concern a little bit since the staff was aware and expecting the UW visit. Hopefully the Pirate can get him to shut it down tomorrow night!

ShotgunDawg
01-29-2020, 03:56 PM
Get out of here with your inferiority complex.

Genuinely, 100%, I'm more likely to buy a car from someone if I trust them. And if they are way too over the top that their choice is easily the best, I will not trust them. I hate pushy salesmen. If they allow that other options are also good but point out to me what they offer that is different, I am more likely to buy from them.

On paper, I hear you. In reality, you'll likely buy from the salesman that is more passionate about his product.

You can be passionate without being pushy

PMDawg
01-29-2020, 03:59 PM
I appreciate that you truly believe in MSU. Thank you for saying that.

I just feel that all too often MSU fans have a tendency to degrade themselves in an effort to make them feel better about losing a recruit, coach, etc.... They too easily accept a bogus narrative, created by outsiders, & attempt to use it to explain things when disappointing things happen.

Is that true? No, but if this school is going to reach the next level that's the type of attitude that MSU & Mississippi need to have. They have to be all in on selling the place.

We wonder why we've been losing so many in-state recruits.... it's my belief that this is the #1 reason. The in-state players simply don't see the state & school as special & the inability of the locals to sell that is a huge reason why

I'm in my upper 30s. Been a state fan since 1988. Been on State message boards since the early 2000s. I don't believe I have ever influenced a recruit to either go to State or somewhere else.

I attend games in all 3 men's sports every year, even though I live 400 miles from campus. I wear a State shirt to work every Friday. I drink coffee from a State mug. I have a license plate and sticker on both vehicles, a flag in my yard. An MSU lanyard. MSU memorabilia on my office wall, etc. etc.

Point is, I pump MSU the best ways I know how, all the time. But when we are talking amongst each other, I think it's ok to be objective. If Costello comes here, great, I'll say he's the next Joe Burrow to anyone who will listen. If he chooses Washington, I'll get it, but I'll say he's a bum. The next Artur Sitkowski, I'll tell everyone.

Either way, I'm not losing sleep bc we're gonna be ok. Leach will have our QB ready by August, whoever it is. Hell, Henig could throw for 4500 yards in this offense.

Todd4State
01-29-2020, 04:03 PM
There is a difference in having an inferiority complex and just not being a blind homer.

And a difference between being objective and running down Mississippi State.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-29-2020, 04:04 PM
Lol. I knew at least one smart ass would say that. +1

hahaha I was just joking with ya. Glad you took it that way.

PMDawg
01-29-2020, 04:07 PM
And a difference between being objective and running down Mississippi State.

There definitely is. Who ran down MSU?

Todd4State
01-29-2020, 04:14 PM

MSU fans have been running down MSU in message boards for years now. Like we're complete garbage but "I understand why someone would go to Florida State" or wherever.

I mean we're a SEC team that has a QB guru and probably the two most fun and exciting schemes for players to play in and we've been to ten straight bowls. We're not garbage.

I don't think it's intentional but it is still running down MSU nonetheless.

PKADogs55
01-29-2020, 04:19 PM

Certainly seems that way lol

PMDawg
01-29-2020, 04:19 PM
MSU fans have been running down MSU in message boards for years now. Like we're complete garbage but "I understand why someone would go to Florida State" or wherever.

I mean we're a SEC team that has a QB guru and probably the two most fun and exciting schemes for players to play in and we've been to ten straight bowls. We're not garbage.

I don't think it's intentional but it is still running down MSU nonetheless.

Nah. Every recruit is different. Not all 11,050 or so FBS players are a perfect fit for/with MSU. We literally offer hundreds of kids every year bc our coaches understand they may not choose us.

To add to this, we get plenty of MS kids that blue bloods want. Charles Cross, Chris Jones, Jeffrey Simmons, and regional players like Devonta Jason, Keytaon, nick Gibson, etc. I bet you fans of Ohio State could understand how we pulled one of these guys over them. You think that means OSU fans are running down their school?

Todd4State
01-29-2020, 04:29 PM
Nah. Every recruit is different. Not all 11,050 or so FBS players are a perfect fit for/with MSU. We literally offer hundreds of kids every year bc our coaches understand they may not choose us.

To add to this, we get plenty of MS kids that blue bloods want. Charles Cross, Chris Jones, Jeffrey Simmons, and regional players like Devonta Jason, Keytaon, nick Gibson, etc. I bet you fans of Ohio State could understand how we pulled one of these guys over them. You think that means OSU fans are running down their school?

I don't think it's unusual for a player from the South to want to go to MSU over Ohio State. I do find it a little curious that a guy from Los Angeles would choose Washington who has no one with a good offensive reputation over MSU with Mike Leach though. If it was about location for him he wouldn't have considered Starkville....or Pullman to start with.

HailStateSZN19
01-29-2020, 04:38 PM
Washington 247 staff guy feels pretty confident UW can get Costello. Said the ND 247 guy that originally CB'd him to MSU but switched that yesterday to UW has a good pulse on the situation. He said (and I'm paraphrasing) his source has been spot on with the situation and originally felt he was headed to MSU with Leach (hence his original CB to us) but felt like if UW did decide to get involved that it could get interesting. Now that they have and he's OV'd there, they feel like have the inside track on him and if UW wants him, they have the best shot to get him right now. Went on to say that MSU and Leach have 1 more shot with the in-home tomorrow night before Costello makes his decision.

That's just what was posted on UW's 247 board by one of their staff guys. Here's to hoping Leach can pull it off tomorrow night and seal the deal.

Todd4State
01-29-2020, 04:44 PM
Washington 247 staff guy feels pretty confident UW can get Costello. Said the ND 247 guy that originally CB'd him to MSU but switched that yesterday to UW has a good pulse on the situation. He said (and I'm paraphrasing) his source has been spot on with the situation and originally felt he was headed to MSU with Leach (hence his original CB to us) but felt like if UW did decide to get involved that it could get interesting. Now that they have and he's OV'd there, they feel like have the inside track on him and if UW wants him, they have the best shot to get him right now. Went on to say that MSU and Leach have 1 more shot with the in-home tomorrow night before Costello makes his decision.

That's just what was posted on UW's 247 board by one of their staff guys. Here's to hoping Leach can pull it off tomorrow night and seal the deal.

Do you want to lead the nation in passing or play for an unproven coach at Washington?

OLJWales
01-29-2020, 04:56 PM
So Leach is still scheduled to fly all the way to the west coast and visit him at his home? If Costello had made up his mind he was going to UW, I'm thinking he would call Leach before coming all the way out there. I'm thinking he has not made up his mind.

CadaverDawg
01-29-2020, 05:10 PM
Leach going to continue his Ofer streak against Washington? C'mon Pirate, hook this bastard and let's roll

Bothrops
01-29-2020, 05:25 PM
He's going to be a Husky. Just get prepared.

And I doubt Leach ever steps on the plane tomorrow, unless he's going north.

HailStateSZN19
01-29-2020, 05:36 PM

Sigh. I'm holding out hope that Leach does get that visit & if he does, I'm holding out hope he can pull it off.

And just curious (bc I'm dumb), what do you mean unless he's going north?

Dogbone
01-29-2020, 05:39 PM
That was my question too, who is north that he's interested in?

Dawgtini
01-29-2020, 05:42 PM
That was my question too, who is north that he's interested in?

Probably Peyton Ramsey from Indiana who is now in the portal and it has been reported we have both shown interest in each other.

Joebob
01-29-2020, 05:47 PM
So why is Costello leaving Stanford in the first place? Was he not likely to win back his starting job?

I can certainly understand that he might be a west coast kid and not want to come to Starkville, but If he’s looking to make an impression on the pros, it would seem he’d have a much better chance of doing that here under Leach. Maybe there’s something about the UW program I’m not aware of, but I’m certainly not seeing it. There’s a hell of a lot of positives in coming here.

HailStateSZN19
01-29-2020, 05:49 PM
Probably Peyton Ramsey from Indiana who is now in the portal and it has been reported we have both shown interest in each other.

Yeaaahhhh idk how I'd feel about Ramsey. He's got some solid numbers at Indiana. Idk much about him though. Just remember watching him some against Tennessee.

ShotgunDawg
01-29-2020, 05:51 PM
So why is Costello leaving Stanford in the first place? Was he not likely to win back his starting job?

He did not get into Stanford grad school & as a 5th year SR, that would've been necessary for him to stay

Joebob
01-29-2020, 06:02 PM
He did not get into Stanford grad school & as a 5th year SR, that would've been necessary for him to stay

Ahhhhhh, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

preachermatt83
01-29-2020, 06:30 PM
I want KJ but Ramsey would also be a great fit in Leach’s system

Spiderman
01-29-2020, 06:36 PM

Ramsey is also a duel threat guy. And has higher completion percentages than Costello. In fact, leach might have cooled on Costello once Ramsey went in the portal. Who knows?

msstate7
01-29-2020, 06:51 PM
Ramsey is also a duel threat guy. And has higher completion percentages than Costello. In fact, leach might have cooled on Costello once Ramsey went in the portal. Who knows?

I'm wondering why he's leaving. Indiana was an 8-win team, so it's not like he's stuck on a bad team. He's also a clear starter. Him leaving makes me think he may have been contacted by a certain team

Dogbone
01-29-2020, 06:53 PM
Does Ramsey have one of two years left?

Todd4State
01-29-2020, 06:56 PM

The good news is Leach can make chicken salad from chicken shit. Getting a guy like Costello could take it to the next level though.

Todd4State
01-29-2020, 06:57 PM
I'm wondering why he's leaving. Indiana was an 8-win team, so it's not like he's stuck on a bad team. He's also a clear starter. Him leaving makes me think he may have been contacted by a certain team

Apparently he's not a clear starter became allegedly Indiana likes a younger QB better.

ShotgunDawg
01-29-2020, 07:14 PM
I'm really not worried about this situation.

At worst, Garrett Shrader, who is absolutely not chicken shit, will be starting for us. That's the worst case scenario & that's still a good option

A good grad transfer IMO only makes us a little bit better. Maybe takes us from 6-8 wins or 7-8 wins.

Although I'd love to get Costello, I don't think it's a big blow if we don't.

Coursesuper
01-29-2020, 07:20 PM

Having lived in Orange County for a while I've always thought it would be a tough pull for a kid from there. I know it has happened but it's just a world of difference between the two places and the people.

Dogbone
01-29-2020, 07:20 PM
Looking at the transfer portal there seems to be quite a few quarterbacks. Don't you think Leach is looking at several just in case?

Todd4State
01-29-2020, 07:24 PM
Looking at the transfer portal there seems to be quite a few quarterbacks. Don't you think Leach is looking at several just in case?

Probably.

Todd4State
01-29-2020, 07:26 PM
I'm really not worried about this situation.

At worst, Garrett Shrader, who is absolutely not chicken shit, will be starting for us. That's the worst case scenario & that's still a good option

A good grad transfer IMO only makes us a little bit better. Maybe takes us from 6-8 wins or 7-8 wins.

Although I'd love to get Costello, I don't think it's a big blow if we don't.

I agree. That's the thing about Leach we can recruit at about Dan Mullen level and bring in three star QB's and receivers and make it work. Anyone that is better than that is going to cause us to take off as a team.

Cooterpoot
01-29-2020, 07:26 PM

Wrong. Leach will make his pitch.

Todd4State
01-29-2020, 07:27 PM
Wrong

I hope you're right.

HailStateSZN19
01-29-2020, 07:30 PM
Wrong. Leach will make his pitch.

How do you like our chances, Cooter?

MedDawg
01-29-2020, 08:02 PM

You never know, they could be way off. Could be as simple as they assume no player would EVER pick Mississippi State over Washington. They could be thinking "If Washington wants him, of course he'll pick Seattle over Starkville".

Ezsoil
01-29-2020, 08:06 PM

Lol I guess you have seen Billy Madison....you forgot to say I award you no points

Dogbone
01-29-2020, 08:07 PM
I think the only one that knows is Costello. I'm sure he's weighing pros and cons and talking to his family. Biggest decision of his life because his NFL future depends on it.

NCDawg
01-29-2020, 09:24 PM
Watching the u tube video of Stanford vs UCF, Costello reminds me a lot of Tommy Stevens. Not to downgrade him because I'm sure he's a good QB, but he really didn't look too good against UCF. Stanford's OL didn't give him a lot of protection, same as ours didn't give Stevens.

Turfdawg67
01-29-2020, 09:31 PM
Gosh...this is sad. Bordering on pathetic. Did we put all of our eggs in this basket?!?

RezDog7
01-29-2020, 09:35 PM

Would he not be able to get a minor in something else instead of going to grad school? Is there a limit on number of hours or something?

RezDog7
01-29-2020, 09:38 PM
Gosh...this is sad. Bordering on pathetic. Did we put all of our eggs in this basket?!?

What is sad or pathetic about it? A week ago I bet you didn't even k is who this kid was and ready to see what Shrader could do in this offense. Some of you are insufferable.

BigDawg81
01-29-2020, 09:39 PM

ND 247 guy CB'd Costello to State because it was mutual interest between State and Costello . The ND 247 guy CB'd him to Washington because of the OV. They are going to CB him to the last place that Costello went.

Of course, the Washington 247 guy thinks that they can get Costello just like Rosebowl thinks we will land Costello.

TheLostDawg
01-29-2020, 09:42 PM
Having lived in Orange County for a while I've always thought it would be a tough pull for a kid from there. I know it has happened but it's just a world of difference between the two places and the people.

What yall are missing is this kid isn't coming here for the BBQ. He's coming for football. There is only one thing on this kids mind and that's where can he go and become the most valuable player he can be in order to get to the NFL and get paid.

TheLostDawg
01-29-2020, 09:45 PM
Kids don't go to Tuscaloosa for Dreamland, I can tell you that much. It's also a lot harder to pull someone for four years here and fresh out of high school. This kid has one year and again, has one thing on his mind. Towns don't matter. Making it as a top draft pick does.

Dogbone
01-29-2020, 09:48 PM
What yall are missing is this kid isn't coming here for the BBQ. He's coming for football. There is only one thing on this kids mind and that's where can he go and become the most valuable player he can be in order to get to the NFL and get paid.

Exactly!!!!!!!

smootness
01-30-2020, 08:59 AM
On paper, I hear you. In reality, you'll likely buy from the salesman that is more passionate about his product.

You can be passionate without being pushy

Why are you pretending what fans say on message boards has any impact on what school a football player decides to play for? If our job here is just to sunshine pump to 'sell' the school, then just get rid of the board entirely.

Anyway, in regard to Costello, all bets are off once someone visits another school. It's pretty clear at this point that it could go either way and nobody really knows. If we get him, great. If we don't, there are other good options.

ShotgunDawg
01-30-2020, 11:11 AM
Why are you pretending what fans say on message boards has any impact on what school a football player decides to play for? If our job here is just to sunshine pump to 'sell' the school, then just get rid of the board entirely.

I've never said anyone needed to be a sunshine pumper & I myself am not a sunshine pumper in any way.

that being said, there is difference to me in being negative about a coach, player, program, athletic director, etc compared to being negative about the ceiling of a program due to Mississippi, Starkville, & other things that are just symptom of a loser mentality from those that have no idea how to win.

I couldn't care less about protecting coaches, ADs, players, or any people, but if we don't believe in MSU & are not passionate about MSU being able to accomplish anything, then who the hell will be?

smootness
01-30-2020, 11:12 AM
What you were advocating to me is the definition of sunshine pumping.

OLJWales
01-30-2020, 11:27 AM

Anyway, in regard to Costello, all bets are off once someone visits another school. It's pretty clear at this point that it could go either way and nobody really knows. If we get him, great. If we don't, there are other good options.

I missed the part where gun said msg boards have impacts on where players go.

Stating that coming here to play a year under Leach is his best option is based on facts and comes nowhere close to sunshine pumping.

ShotgunDawg
01-30-2020, 11:31 AM
What you were advocating to me is the definition of sunshine pumping.

I disagree. Two pretty different things IMO

Tripp McNeely
01-30-2020, 12:12 PM
We?re still thinking it happens??

smootness
01-30-2020, 12:44 PM

Right here, Shotgun lays out that we need to be selling the school and that it has a huge impact on where in-state players sign. Considering he's using this argument about a player as far away as he could possibly be, I would imagine he also considers it the same for out-of-state players.

He is advocating for us 'selling' the program on here. And how do we do it? By saying things we don't actually believe that are overly positive of the school.

Again, it is the definition of sunshine pumping, and evidently for the purpose of convincing prospects to sign with us.

He doesn't believe in sunshine-pumping, though. So this is just another case of him coming up with wildly varying opinions based on how he woke up in the morning. Here, you have to pump sunshine to sell the university. Elsewhere, he will castigate people for doing that very thing.

OLJWales
01-30-2020, 12:56 PM
We?re still thinking it happens??

Has it been called off? Are seriously asking a question or just trying to speak Canadian?

HailStateSZN19
01-30-2020, 12:59 PM
Rosie said this morning the in-home is still on and not to believe any media reports about his recruitment despite what's been said. The Costello family is playing it close to the vest and not doing any media. Said KJ and his dad are considering all options and want as much info as possible that's available before they make the decision. Said expect KJ just to simply tweet out his decision when it's made whenever that is.

BigDawg81
01-30-2020, 01:11 PM
Rosie said this morning the in-home is still on and not to believe any media reports about his recruitment despite what's been said. The Costello family is playing it close to the vest and not doing any media. Said KJ and his dad are considering all options and want as much info as possible that's available before they make the decision. Said expect KJ just to simply tweet out his decision when it's made whenever that is.

Boy, this sounds familiar. Napier was keeping it close too

HailStateSZN19
01-30-2020, 01:20 PM

Comparing a coach's and a player's situation doesn't make much sense to me....

The coach did not see us as a place that could advance his career to where he wants to be so whatever on Napier. This player sees Leach and what he's done with passing offenses over the last 20 years with QB's throwing for 4,500+ yds every single year and it's an opportunity to put up some huge numbers in the best conference in CFB which is why we're very much in this. I don't see the comparison here at all..... not trying to start up an argument, I just personally do not agree with this take whatsoever.

Oh, and thank gosh Napier played it like he did because we wound up with the best possible coach we could have gotten in the situation. We should be thanking Napier for getting a big head and not wanting to come to MSU and holding out for another job next offseason. It got us 17'n MIKE LEACH.

OLJWales
01-30-2020, 01:35 PM

Seriously?

Spiderman
01-30-2020, 04:50 PM
Comparing a coach's and a player's situation doesn't make much sense to me....

The coach did not see us as a place that could advance his career to where he wants to be so whatever on Napier. This player sees Leach and what he's done with passing offenses over the last 20 years with QB's throwing for 4,500+ yds every single year and it's an opportunity to put up some huge numbers in the best conference in CFB which is why we're very much in this. I don't see the comparison here at all..... not trying to start up an argument, I just personally do not agree with this take whatsoever.

Oh, and thank gosh Napier played it like he did because we wound up with the best possible coach we could have gotten in the situation. We should be thanking Napier for getting a big head and not wanting to come to MSU and holding out for another job next offseason. It got us 17'n MIKE LEACH.

AGAIN, Napier wasn't offered the JOB. He was asked to INTERVIEW and said no thanks.

There is no way Cohen was gonna hire Napier over Leach even if Napier wanted the job.

Cohen didn't move on from Napier to Leach. He moved from Judge to Leach.

HailStateSZN19
01-30-2020, 04:53 PM
AGAIN, Napier wasn't offered the JOB. He was asked to INTERVIEW and said no thanks.

There is no way Cohen was gonna hire Napier over Leach even if Napier wanted the job.

Cohen didn't move on from Napier to Leach. He moved from Judge to Leach.

Off of that subject and back to what this thread is actually about, is the "little birdie" still telling you 90/10 Costello comes here?

mparkerfd20
01-30-2020, 09:44 PM
Nm

Spiderman
01-30-2020, 10:14 PM
Off of that subject and back to what this thread is actually about, is the "little birdie" still telling you 90/10 Costello comes here?

Haven't spoken to him since Monday. Not a source. Just happened to be in the same place at the same time. Know him enough to ask then, not to contact him everyday asking for updates. He's a little busy now, I'm sure.

As of Monday, it's what I was told.

OLJWales
01-31-2020, 08:11 AM
early morning day after bump

smootness
01-31-2020, 09:33 AM
Honestly, if we don't hear about a decision being made very soon, I would just assume we're not getting him and then we'll all be pleasantly surprised if he does end up choosing us. I'd love to have him, but there are other good options out there.

TrapGame
01-31-2020, 09:37 AM
Honestly, if we don't hear about a decision being made very soon, I would just assume we're not getting him and then we'll all be pleasantly surprised if he does end up choosing us. I'd love to have him, but there are other good options out there.

I feel 100% better about Leach choosing QBs than Moorhead. Even if we don't get Costello I'm sure ML will take a Qb already on the roster and make it work pretty damn well.

Tbonewannabe
01-31-2020, 09:40 AM

And WORST case scenario is we have Shrader who just needs to get his head on straight and is pretty damn good with possibly Rogers backing him up if KT and Mayden transfer. Leach will get a QB that can perform well enough to get us to 6 wins. Now getting Costello would probably look a lot better to get to the 8-9 win ceiling. I don't think our defense will be good enough to get past 8 wins unless the offense is really rolling. Again, I expect 5-6 wins but Costello gives us a chance to push that up a few more wins.

Tbonewannabe
01-31-2020, 09:41 AM
I feel 100% better about Leach choosing QBs than Moorhead. Even if we don't get Costello I'm sure ML will take a Qb already on the roster and make it work pretty damn well.

I feel a lot better about Leach working with the QBs. I don't know how well our QBs were improved under Moorhead/Breiner.

gravedigger
01-31-2020, 09:50 AM
I've come to the conclusion that the amount of people with "sources" fluctuates with the $1 per month Genespage subscription sales. Interesting.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner

gravedigger
01-31-2020, 10:15 AM

Just to recap......you dont understand how people can look at a situation pragmatically. And if they do and wont illogically take the side of MSU, you think they should follow another team.

MSU is one of MANY schools. Families make decisions on where their children go, and college student aged kids make their decision on many factors. MSU is not a perfect fit for all.

Based on your past posts, you must be the most conflicted human being on earth.

Spiderman
01-31-2020, 10:18 AM
Winner, winner, chicken dinner

yep

OLJWales
01-31-2020, 11:05 AM
Just to recap......you dont understand how people can look at a situation pragmatically. And if they do and wont illogically take the side of MSU, you think they should follow another team.

MSU is one of MANY schools. Families make decisions on where their children go, and college student aged kids make their decision on many factors. MSU is not a perfect fit for all.

Based on your past posts, you must be the most conflicted human being on earth.

One of the most coveted portal QB's in the nation is considering State. MSU may not be a perfect fit for all, but it is for KJ.

These facts are elevating the hell out of the State Brand on a national level thanks to hiring Leach. These are exciting times and a we have reasons to be confident and boastful.

OLJWales
01-31-2020, 01:31 PM
Welp

DawgPoundtheRock
01-31-2020, 02:18 PM
Any word on last night's visit?

deadheaddawg
01-31-2020, 04:09 PM
Sources told me he is not coming to State because shotguns post about the "portion of our fanbase" was just too stupid. He doesn't want to be associated with it

Dawgface
01-31-2020, 04:14 PM
All jokes aside.....at some point we or him will need to crap or get off the pot. That is if we really want another qb come in and compete for the job.

Todd4State
01-31-2020, 04:52 PM
All jokes aside.....at some point we or him will need to crap or get off the pot. That is if we really want another qb come in and compete for the job.

I doubt he waits long honestly. This is more of a business decision for him. He's not some high school kid that's never been past Pike County Mississippi and just wants to take trips. And yeah at some point if he drags it out he'll be pushed to give the people recruiting him a decision but I doubt we'll have to push him.

HailStateSZN19
01-31-2020, 05:17 PM
Hoping he makes an announcement this weekend & doesn't go OV anywhere else. I'm sure several other schools are trying to get him to hold off and come visit. I'm just ready to find out for sure if he's coming or not and be done. They've done a good job of keeping it quiet and not letting much of anything get out.

RezDog7
01-31-2020, 05:21 PM
$1 a month sources are indicating it's a done deal to State.

HailStateSZN19
01-31-2020, 05:24 PM
$1 a month sources are indicating it's a done deal to State.

This is the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen someone use the phrase "$1 per month sources" on here in the last couple of days. What does that mean exactly? I'm assuming it's some wannabe "insiders" but where's that coming from?

confucius say
01-31-2020, 05:26 PM
This is the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen someone use the phrase "$1 per month sources" on here in the last couple of days. What does that mean exactly? I'm assuming it's some wannabe "insiders" but where's that coming from?

247 was running a $1 a month special

HailStateSZN19
01-31-2020, 05:28 PM
247 was running a $1 a month special

Ahhhhhh makes sense then. So meaning people posing to look like "insiders" signed up just to spread some BS while the subscription is cheap. Gotcha now.

RezDog7
01-31-2020, 05:29 PM

What confucius said. Guy claiming to have an insider in the athletic dept. saying he's coming. Who knows.

OLJWales
01-31-2020, 08:48 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/W4DGqW3n/well-were-waiting-caddyshack.gif

defiantdog
01-31-2020, 08:55 PM
What confucius said. Guy claiming to have an insider in the athletic dept. saying he's coming. Who knows.

Is his name Bert by any chance?

OLJWales
01-31-2020, 08:59 PM
Has Bert been kind enough to grace us with his presence of late?

OLJWales
01-31-2020, 09:13 PM
8:15 PM and it's been (guessing) 24 since the visit and no feedback. That sucks.

yjnkdawg
01-31-2020, 09:21 PM

I think at this point in time this is the correct answer.

msstate7
01-31-2020, 09:25 PM
8:15 PM and it's been (guessing) 24 since the visit and no feedback. That sucks.

Not saying it's over or anything, but I don't think a drawn out process favors us.

Dogbone
01-31-2020, 09:42 PM
Not saying it's over or anything, but I don't think a drawn out process favors us.

I think you're right. Leach probably wants an answer by today or tomorrow. If KJ turns us down Leach will use the next four days hitting the transfer portal for quarterbacks. I'm sure he has someone picked out for a backup.

yjnkdawg
01-31-2020, 09:46 PM
I think you're right. Leach probably wants an answer by today or tomorrow. If KJ turns us down Leach will use the next four days hitting the transfer portal for quarterbacks. I'm sure he has someone picked out for a backup.

CML wants an answer but it appears that Costello is in no hurry to let anybody know what his thinking is right now.

Dogbone
01-31-2020, 09:52 PM
I just think Leach wants an established - experienced quarterback on the field his first year at MSU. Maybe Peyton Ramsey or someone else.

confucius say
01-31-2020, 10:04 PM
Leach loves old quarterbacks. He is open about that. It's bc he likes to give complete autonomy at the line of scrimmage to his qb, plus the decision making involved after the snap. 23 year olds usually are more mature and make better decisions than 19 year olds, all things (talent) being equal.

MetEdDawg
01-31-2020, 10:23 PM
Leach loves old quarterbacks. He is open about that. It's bc he likes to give complete autonomy at the line of scrimmage to his qb, plus the decision making involved after the snap. 23 year olds usually are more mature and make better decisions than 19 year olds, all things (talent) being equal.

Interview with Minshew I saw speaks to this completely.

Minshew was talking about that while the playbook might seem small, the benefit is that you have access to the entire thing at the line of scrimmage. And Leach wants to give the QB complete control in doing that. A guy like Costello is worth the wait because of what he brings to the table as far as experience and smarts goes. You wait for a kid like that. If you don't get him, worst case is you roll with what you have.

Captain Falcon
01-31-2020, 11:21 PM
Mod on the Washington 247 site is saying that his sources at UW are telling him they expect Costello to sign with MSU.

BeardoMSU
01-31-2020, 11:23 PM
Mod on the Washington 247 site is saying that his sources at UW are telling him they expect Costello to sign with MSU.

That mod is either Bert or Napier.**

OLJWales
01-31-2020, 11:35 PM
That mod is either Bert or Napier.**

Quality

Todd4State
02-01-2020, 12:11 AM

I hope he is right. Honestly would make a lot more sense for Costello IMO. "Maroon glasses" aside. He's just not going to see defenses like Alabama in the PAC 12.

I don't know if Washington is like Ole Miss with their recruiting with regards to Washington State and I wonder if they have been kind of following Costello the whole time hoping to potentially flip him from Wazzu. They are a blue blood in the PAC 12 but I don't know if they play games like that or not.

Todd4State
02-01-2020, 12:13 AM
Interview with Minshew I saw speaks to this completely.

Minshew was talking about that while the playbook might seem small, the benefit is that you have access to the entire thing at the line of scrimmage. And Leach wants to give the QB complete control in doing that. A guy like Costello is worth the wait because of what he brings to the table as far as experience and smarts goes. You wait for a kid like that. If you don't get him, worst case is you roll with what you have.

The interesting thing about Minchew is even though he never played for us by him playing for Leach and getting to the NFL as a grad transfer it's going to actually help MSU out in the long run.

MarketingBully
02-01-2020, 01:43 AM
If we get Costello, I could see us winning 9 games.

OLJWales
02-01-2020, 09:11 AM

was that a current post? I saw the thread and title saying exactly what you are saying but it was a lengthy thread and towards the end the Husky fans were 50/50 like we are now. Was the post you saw prior to his OV at UW?

99jc
02-01-2020, 09:49 AM
If he wants national exposure, put up unreal passing stats and play against the best competition in America he will come to State. If he is a pansy ass west coast surfer boy then Washington is a good place for him. I'm not concerned either way I fully trust Leach in this matter.

Todd4State
02-01-2020, 10:11 AM
If he wants national exposure, put up unreal passing stats and play against the best competition in America he will come to State. If he is a pansy ass west coast surfer boy then Washington is a good place for him. I'm not concerned either way I fully trust Leach in this matter.

The way I see it he has proven that he can run a pro style offense at Stanford. If he comes to MSU he gets a chance to prove that he can perform against the best in the country.

softballfanatic1
02-01-2020, 10:35 AM
I think Costello would be a huge get especially for year 1 of the air raid.

MetEdDawg
02-01-2020, 10:57 AM

It actually makes considerably more sense for him to go to Washington if you really think about it. Chances he blows the SEC up this year? Not amazingly great because we don't have the WR talent we need yet.

Chances to make the playoffs are WAY better at Washington than MSU. And if he lights it up out there he's going to get the same or more exposure. Herbert is having no problems getting exposure. Neither is Eason.

I actually think Leach pulling this off would be quite a feat. Not saying he can't, but when you look at it objectively, if you get 1 year, the better chance for national exposure is at Washington. Costello elevates Washington more than he elevates MSU because we always have the Saban cap that will prevent us from getting to the top. Orgeron now is similar in that category.

At Washington, with Oregon cycling down with Herbert leaving, Washington might be the favorite to win the PAC 12 with Costello. And if you are a favorite to win your P5 conference, you've got a chance at the playoffs.

Now having said all that, I think Leach and the SEC will grow Costello more and develop him better. And I do think he could elevate us for sure.

PMDawg
02-01-2020, 11:25 AM
It actually makes considerably more sense for him to go to Washington if you really think about it. Chances he blows the SEC up this year? Not amazingly great because we don't have the WR talent we need yet.

Chances to make the playoffs are WAY better at Washington than MSU. And if he lights it up out there he's going to get the same or more exposure. Herbert is having no problems getting exposure. Neither is Eason.

I actually think Leach pulling this off would be quite a feat. Not saying he can't, but when you look at it objectively, if you get 1 year, the better chance for national exposure is at Washington. Costello elevates Washington more than he elevates MSU because we always have the Saban cap that will prevent us from getting to the top. Orgeron now is similar in that category.

At Washington, with Oregon cycling down with Herbert leaving, Washington might be the favorite to win the PAC 12 with Costello. And if you are a favorite to win your P5 conference, you've got a chance at the playoffs.

Now having said all that, I think Leach and the SEC will grow Costello more and develop him better. And I do think he could elevate us for sure.

Duck! Incoming....

Todd4State
02-01-2020, 11:36 AM

Who is Washington's coach and how many QB's has he put in the NFL?

msstate7
02-01-2020, 11:45 AM

Obviously lake is a 1st year HC, so I checked out their OC. Read this article about Donovan...

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2020/1/10/21060081/washington-hires-john-donovan-as-offensive-coordinator-uw-huskies-football

I'd read more of our fan site stuff if it were more like that

OLJWales
02-01-2020, 12:08 PM
Obviously lake is a 1st year HC, so I checked out their OC. Read this article about Donovan...

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2020/1/10/21060081/washington-hires-john-donovan-as-offensive-coordinator-uw-huskies-football

Unimpressive.

Turfdawg67
02-01-2020, 12:11 PM
Unimpressive.

Ha! He'd "read more of our fan site stuff"... and presumably post more???

msstate7
02-01-2020, 12:12 PM
Ha! He'd "read more of our fan site stuff"... and presumably post more???

^^^ only comments about me. Pretty sure he was peeping in my window last night

MetEdDawg
02-01-2020, 12:14 PM

Obviously that's a factor. But to say we are the obvious choice over Washington lacks context of the current landscape of college football.

Washington starts the year with Michigan. Massive opening week matchup that will get a ton of publicity. Plus the kid is from California. Family travel will be significantly easier.

Being a first year coach that was on staff for Peterson isn't as big of a deterrent as you think it might be. Washington can win the conference now even with a first year head coach. He's got a zero percent chance of winning the SEC this year with Mike Leach.

It's not personal. I love MSU. But I like to deal in facts. And the fact is if you've got one year left to make a name for yourself as a QB, Washington has a much higher ceiling in terms of ability to get publicity on the big stage. We unfortunately don't have that. Again, it's just facts. Not personal.

dawgoneyall
02-01-2020, 12:41 PM
Think I read that...
Got my degree in biological sciences as it is now called.....but
MSU may not be the best but our engineering college/dept takes a back seat to no one. Get out of here with any of that degrading crap.

msstate7
02-01-2020, 12:51 PM
Think I read that...
Got my degree in biological sciences as it is now called.....but
MSU may not be the best but our engineering college/dept takes a back seat to no one. Get out of here with any of that degrading crap.

I doubt he's picking schools on engineering rep, but Washington is one of the best

Walkerhill
02-01-2020, 01:26 PM
Obviously that's a factor. But to say we are the obvious choice over Washington lacks context of the current landscape of college football.

Washington starts the year with Michigan. Massive opening week matchup that will get a ton of publicity. Plus the kid is from California. Family travel will be significantly easier.

Being a first year coach that was on staff for Peterson isn't as big of a deterrent as you think it might be. Washington can win the conference now even with a first year head coach. He's got a zero percent chance of winning the SEC this year with Mike Leach.

It's not personal. I love MSU. But I like to deal in facts. And the fact is if you've got one year left to make a name for yourself as a QB, Washington has a much higher ceiling in terms of ability to get publicity on the big stage. We unfortunately don't have that. Again, it's just facts. Not personal.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. IMO, this one does not make sense.

One of these schools has a coach with a 20 year track record of fielding elite passing offenses, and took a May transfer to the NFL 2 years ago. That player increased passing percentage by 10% and td-int ratio by 2x and is now competitive for an NFL starting position.

The other school hired a defensive minded head coach and an analyst from the NFL who was on the Penn State offensive staff that SloMo replaced and outperformed. He has basically no track record at all an a coordinator.

So...

OLJWales
02-01-2020, 01:27 PM

We had 3 players drafted in the first round last year. NFL teams don't draft primarily by watching t.v. that's why so many players from non P5 conferences get drafted. Regarding TV though, all of our games are televised in case you forgot. NFL QB's have to deal with bad ass DE's and pressure. If he goes to UW and has all day in the pocket to throw, that doesn't tell you shit about him. Tons of college QB's can thrive under those conditions but couldn't survive in the NFL.

If he is wise and wants to prove himself to the NFL, he needs to come here and be taught by a proven HC like Leach instead of depending on coaches who will be in the (OJT) program.

MarketingBully
02-01-2020, 01:42 PM

Yeah, if I wanted to make it to the league and I was a QB, I would not go to Washington.

MetEdDawg
02-01-2020, 02:05 PM
We had 3 players drafted in the first round last year. NFL teams don't draft primarily by watching t.v. that's why so many players from non P5 conferences get drafted. Regarding TV though, all of our games are televised in case you forgot. NFL QB's have to deal with bad ass DE's and pressure. If he goes to UW and has all day in the pocket to throw, that doesn't tell you shit about him. Tons of college QB's can thrive under those conditions but couldn't survive in the NFL.

If he is wise and wants to prove himself to the NFL, he needs to come here and be taught by a proven HC like Leach instead of depending on coaches who will be in the (OJT) program.

So you have to go to the SEC to prove yourself?? Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers, and Jared Goff say hello. Don't make it a conference tv issue. It's much bigger than that.

Of course we are on tv every game. So is virtually every PAC 12 game. But our ceiling is probably 9 games with Costello. Washington could go undefeated with Costello. Don't be ignorant and say he won't learn anything. Eason left Georgia and may go round 1 after having transferred to......Washington. So think a little before you go spouting off about how much better our situation is and how only the SEC makes you prove who you are. Because that's just flat out wrong.

Washington has a much better chance at the playoffs than we do. Period. That's a fact. And they always will as long as their conference stays weak and we have Bama every year.

Coursesuper
02-01-2020, 02:16 PM
So you have to go to the SEC to prove yourself?? Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers, and Jared Goff say hello. Don't make it a conference tv issue. It's much bigger than that.

Of course we are on tv every game. So is virtually every PAC 12 game. But our ceiling is probably 9 games with Costello. Washington could go undefeated with Costello. Don't be ignorant and say he won't learn anything. Eason left Georgia and may go round 1 after having transferred to......Washington. So think a little before you go spouting off about how much better our situation is and how only the SEC makes you prove who you are. Because that's just flat out wrong.

Washington has a much better chance at the playoffs than we do. Period. That's a fact. And they always will as long as their conference stays weak and we have Bama every year.

You are making a well thought out argument about this situation but, there is a whole lot of maroon colored glasses vision right now and people completely buying in and sucking up everything Rosey and company are selling for your point to be comprehended rationally. It's got to run its course, the marketing campaigns are compelling.

Dawgology
02-01-2020, 02:57 PM
You are making a well thought out argument about this situation but, there is a whole lot of maroon colored glasses vision right now and people completely buying in and sucking up everything Rosey and company are selling for your point to be comprehended rationally. It's got to run its course, the marketing campaigns are compelling.

WTF??? State fans on a State message board?? Who'd have though!?!?***

Coursesuper
02-01-2020, 03:00 PM
WTF??? State fans on a State message board?? Who'd have though!?!?***

I know! I was saying " No Way!" But then.

OLJWales
02-01-2020, 03:29 PM
Huskies are better than English Bulldogs too I guess. Poor old mittha tippi tate. He would be SO MUCH BETTER OFF elsewhere than our mediocre program. *************

MetEdDawg
02-01-2020, 04:07 PM
Huskies are better than English Bulldogs too I guess. Poor old mittha tippi tate. He would be SO MUCH BETTER OFF elsewhere than our mediocre program. *************

So because someone makes an argument that he would be better off, you go to us being poor ole MSU?

That's the sure sign of you having no perspective on this. If you can't see how Washington has a more clear path to a playoff and potentially more national exposure then I can't help you.

Never once did I say poor ole MSU or that money held us back. Washington is in a better circumstance than us. Period. Put us in the pac 12 and we would have a better chance to go to the national title.

Why do folks like you bring out the poor ole MSU argument anytime someone doesn't bend the knee to the almighty maroon and white? Contrary to popular belief, it is allowed to be an MSU fan AND be able to have objectivity at the same time.

Bdawg
02-01-2020, 05:15 PM
I going to agree with you Met about him(maybe) getting more exposure at Washington if they make a playoff run. But I won't say it's better for him to go to WA, because if you are good enough the NFL WILL find you, no matter who you play for. I would choose the more proven coach to develop me and prepare me for the NFL. And I think that is Leach.

MarketingBully
02-01-2020, 05:22 PM

Washington go undefeated? Are you high? A coach who has never been a head coach before and is a defensive coach at that paired with a has been OC. Yeah that?s a combo that is going to get him to the league and make a playoff run. Lololol.

MetEdDawg
02-01-2020, 05:37 PM
Washington go undefeated? Are you high? A coach who has never been a head coach before and is a defensive coach at that paired with a has been OC. Yeah that?s a combo that is going to get him to the league and make a playoff run. Lololol.

Fine. They won't go undefeated. Sounds great.

Which team has a better chance to win their conference with Costello? MSU or Washington? Which one has a better chance to go to an NY6 bowl? I'll hang up and listen because those two things aren't even debatable. Peterson gone yes. Basically everything else stays the same. Ryan Day was a first year coach and had success because the system set up at Ohio State was prepped for him. Washington is a Top 2-3 recruiter in the Pac 12 and would have the best QB in the conference if they got Costello.

They will have a chance to win their conference with Costello. We won't. I want Costello. But people saying they don't get him going to Washington just have maroon glasses on and zero objectivity.

Todd4State
02-01-2020, 05:42 PM

Leach is going to change our exposure on a National level and give us more than ever before. Seattle is a major city but it's on the West Coast and they play many of their games after prime time because of that.

MarketingBully
02-01-2020, 10:27 PM

Which team has a better chance to win their conference with Costello? MSU or Washington? Which one has a better chance to go to an NY6 bowl? I'll hang up and listen because those two things aren't even debatable. Peterson gone yes. Basically everything else stays the same. Ryan Day was a first year coach and had success because the system set up at Ohio State was prepped for him. Washington is a Top 2-3 recruiter in the Pac 12 and would have the best QB in the conference if they got Costello.

They will have a chance to win their conference with Costello. We won't. I want Costello. But people saying they don't get him going to Washington just have maroon glasses on and zero objectivity.

Day at least was an offensive coach and kept their staff together and didn?t change anything from Meyer?s offense. Their new OC is totally different then Petersen. Washington tops tops will go 6-6 next year regardless of whether Costello goes there or not. They aren?t going to a NY6 or even sniffing their division title much less a PAC-12 title. Give me a break...

OLJWales
02-03-2020, 07:55 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/4yjNgQZX/Tongue-shit.gif

https://i.postimg.cc/pLrbZFtZ/Pathetic-Loser.gif

OLJWales
02-03-2020, 09:13 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/tRfXYbnJ/thumbs-down-gladiator.gif

MetEdDawg
02-03-2020, 10:10 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/4yjNgQZX/Tongue-shit.gif

https://i.postimg.cc/pLrbZFtZ/Pathetic-Loser.gif

How am I a loser? Did I say I wanted him to go to Washington? No. Did I predict him to go to Washington? No. I wanted him at MSU.

But just because he picked us doesn't mean it's the best situation. How many kids over the last 5 years have gone to Ole Miss when MSU was clearly a better situation? A bunch.

Trust me. I'm exceedingly glad we got Costello. He instantly gives us a Top 4 QB in the conference. But coming after an MSU fan because I don't bow to every fan that thinks I should only believe MSU is the best place for every single child in the country? Come on man. I thought MSU fans were past going after each other when something good happens to us.

You are the definition of the self sabotaging MSU fans I talk regularly about. You like to hammer MSU fans that don't share your every opinion. Bad business to be in.

MarketingBully
02-04-2020, 01:55 AM
How am I a loser? Did I say I wanted him to go to Washington? No. Did I predict him to go to Washington? No. I wanted him at MSU.

But just because he picked us doesn't mean it's the best situation. How many kids over the last 5 years have gone to Ole Miss when MSU was clearly a better situation? A bunch.

Trust me. I'm exceedingly glad we got Costello. He instantly gives us a Top 4 QB in the conference. But coming after an MSU fan because I don't bow to every fan that thinks I should only believe MSU is the best place for every single child in the country? Come on man. I thought MSU fans were past going after each other when something good happens to us.

You are the definition of the self sabotaging MSU fans I talk regularly about. You like to hammer MSU fans that don't share your every opinion. Bad business to be in.

? But just because he picked us doesn't mean it's the best situation. How many kids over the last 5 years have gone to Ole Miss when MSU was clearly a better situation? A bunch. ?

This is a dumb take. I?m sorry. MSU is the better situation for him to get to the NFL and I guarantee you we will finish with a better record then Washington next year. Mike Leach >>>>>>>> then UWs OC in developing QBs and getting them to the NFL. Add the fact that we are in the SEC West and he?s going to get the exposure he wants and needs. If UW still had Petersen, then I would agree with you and odds are he would of gone to UW but Petersen isn?t there and that makes a huge difference.