PDA

View Full Version : Lunardi 1-28-20: First Four Out

confucius say
01-28-2020, 01:49 PM
Interesting. Big jump even with OK loss.

KentuckyDawg13
01-28-2020, 02:17 PM
I don't usually keep up with his pre-NCAA brackets, but where was MSU before?

confucius say
01-28-2020, 02:36 PM
His 1-24 bracket did not have us listed as in, first four out, or next four out. We were not listed at all. So we skipped next four out and went to first four out.

R2Dawg
01-28-2020, 04:10 PM
I think the experts see that we are a really talented team that really should be in; we just have to do what we should do and we are in. We should probably only have 1 or 2 Ls right now. They look at OK loss and say hey they nearly won on road basically without NBA lottery pick on the floor. Ark keeps winning that win looks even better.

msstate7
01-28-2020, 04:15 PM
I think the experts see that we are a really talented team that really should be in; we just have to do what we should do and we are in. We should probably only have 1 or 2 Ls right now. They look at OK loss and say hey they nearly won on road basically without NBA lottery pick on the floor. Ark keeps winning that win looks even better.

Lottery pick? We have no lottery pick

chef dixon
01-28-2020, 04:17 PM
That's interesting from Lunardi but he is off with this one. Our current resume is just not even going to get us in the bubble discussion with the real committee. We have bad losses, very few if any quality wins, and no road victories. Would be absolutely crushed by the committee for those reasons.

LC Dawg
01-28-2020, 04:43 PM
We've got 7 road games left. Tonight's game at Florida is a big game for our postseason chances. If we could win tonight and win one of @Kentucky or @Arkansas I think we could be in good shape but this team needs to prove that they can play well on the road.
I have a little hope left.

confucius say
01-28-2020, 05:08 PM
Meh. We win tonight and beat TN Saturday we will have a top 40 NET and be projected in. Then just need to not have any bad losses down the stretch (like at om or Aggie) while also defending the home court against vandy, usce, bama, and om. That would put us at 11-7 in the league and should be enough.

Joebob
01-28-2020, 05:14 PM
Even if we get in, what then? Another first round loss for dead sure because we’d be a low seed.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-28-2020, 05:22 PM
Even if we get in, what then? Another first round loss for dead sure because we’d be a low seed.

The first round loss will have nothing to do with a low seed, it's the anemic offense that will. We rank in the 300's for shots per game. We should be running up and down the court and Howland is trying to make them into a half court defensive team.

Ari Gold
01-28-2020, 06:15 PM

There it is... yeah we have no chance to win a game if we get in, not ****ing shot
Let’s just shut down the he season.. **** it let’s just stop playing men’s basketball ...

This is why I keep saying worse Fan Basketball IQ ...

Ari Gold
01-28-2020, 06:17 PM
The first round loss will have nothing to do with a low seed, it's the anemic offense that will. We rank in the 300's for shots per game. We should be running up and down the court and Howland is trying to make them into a half court defensive team.

Running up and down the court and we go 7 maybe 8 deep.. that makes sense
Yes we can get out and get up and down when we have a chance, we are averaging over 72 points a game..
yeah it sucks we aren’t the LMU teams of the 90’s...

Ari Gold
01-28-2020, 06:21 PM
11-7 is the magic number.. no matter who we beat or how we get there.. 11-7 in sec play will make it almost impossible to keep us out.. it will be a high number for sure... but that doesn’t matter as much as the matchups .. it’s not like 12 seeds never beat those 5...
This will be the most wide open NCAA tourney maybe ever ...

Just get in ..

Ari Gold
01-28-2020, 09:25 PM
Fire CBH..****
Soms of you mother ****ers don’t understand how lucky we are we got this guy ..

RougeDawg
01-28-2020, 09:40 PM
Fire CBH..****
Soms of you mother ****ers don?t understand how lucky we are we got this guy ..

Biggest thing was Tea Spoon being suspended, bad chemistry when he came back and the team getting used to playing with him again. They said he had something like 21 turnovers his first 4-5 games and only 5 turnovers his last 4 games. Some of those high turnover games were the la tech loss and first 3 sec games, if I?m not mistaken.

fishwater99
01-28-2020, 09:45 PM
Biggest thing was Tea Spoon being suspended, bad chemistry when he came back and the team getting used to playing with him again. They said he had something like 21 turnovers his first 4-5 games and only 5 turnovers his last 4 games. Some of those high turnover games were the la tech loss and first 3 sec games, if I?m not mistaken.

^^This

We are getting better every game.

Maridian Dawg
01-28-2020, 09:51 PM

It was the loss vs. New Mexico State, not La Tech.

RougeDawg
01-29-2020, 12:07 AM
It was the loss vs. New Mexico State, not La Tech.

Ah, my bad. Thanks.

RougeDawg
01-29-2020, 12:17 AM
^^This

We are getting better every game.

Similar to the New Orleans Pelicans right now. They were playing really well before Zion came back. Zion?s first game, the offense looked out of sync and they still almost won. Now 3 games into the Zion era, the team is getting used to having him in the lineup.

IM any sport, a group gets used to playing with each other and any dramatic change shocks the system. Basketball especially, since only 5 guys are on the court at once.

Playing time together builds a cohesion. You learn your teammates tendencies and begin to react, other than think. When the system is shocked by a change, everyone starts thinking again and stops reacting. The key to being successful in anything in life is repetition, which translates into reacting to a situation, not thinking.

Tonight showed me a lot about the progress of transitioning from Tea Spoon returning and the team thinking, to moving toward the reaction side of the game and being more comfortable with each other.

Ari Gold
01-29-2020, 12:41 AM

Play thru Perry
Run when the opportunity is there
Attack the basket
Pond the boards
Play hard nose defense

Seems like a good formula to me .

Ari Gold
01-29-2020, 12:41 AM

Play thru Perry
Attack the basket
Pound the boards
Play hard nose defense

confucius say
01-29-2020, 12:55 AM
Play thru Perry
Attack the basket
Pond the boards
Play hard nose defense

And please value the damn ball!!! We scored 78 tonight on the road with 17 turnovers! And 4-5 missed layups at the rim.

Our offensive execution was really, really good minus the turnovers. Value the ball and we can be really good.

chef dixon
01-29-2020, 08:14 AM
Play thru Perry
Attack the basket
Pound the boards
Play hard nose defense

Also a lot easier to when when we are efficient from 3 and near perfect at the free throw line.

Joebob
01-29-2020, 06:24 PM
There it is... yeah we have no chance to win a game if we get in, not ****ing shot
Let?s just shut down the he season.. **** it let?s just stop playing men?s basketball ...

This is why I keep saying worse Fan Basketball IQ ...

We have no shot because we aren?t a team molded by the coach to win tough games in the tourney, under pressure, if you want to know the honest truth. We?ll see what the rest of the season brings because we do seem to be getting a little better, but this is basically the same old Howland team that underachieves despite very good talent. I?ll be shocked if that changes between now and the end of the regular season. Finally figuring out how to cut down on turnovers would be a good place to start.

BeardoMSU
01-29-2020, 06:32 PM
We have no shot because we aren?t a team molded by the coach to win tough games in the tourney, under pressure, if you want to know the honest truth. We?ll see what the rest of the season brings because we do seem to be getting a little better, but this is basically the same old Howland team that underachieves despite very good talent. I?ll be shocked if that changes between now and the end of the regular season. Finally figuring out how to cut down on turnovers would be a good place to start.

Close games in the tourney? We were a ****ing 5 seed last year...
Lol....lots of teams get upset in the dance. It happens every year. Multiple times. But yes, we should show up after a 10 year hiatus and drag everyone's dicks through the parking lot.