PDA

View Full Version : Women BB hold on to # 9 in the poll guess loss to SC did not hurt us at all...

99jc
01-27-2020, 06:36 PM
If this team gets on a roll in the tourney we could make some noise.

msbulldog
01-27-2020, 06:43 PM
Oh, beating the hell out of Mississippi held us up!******

R2Dawg
01-27-2020, 07:41 PM
We played 5 quarters of dominating basketball; this team is growing before your eyes and we may be a real tough out that no one wants to play come March even the top teams. The reload I think has been a little faster than many expected. We were picked 3 in SEC, we are right there with SC at the moment.

BeardoMSU
01-27-2020, 07:51 PM
We played 5 quarters of dominating basketball; this team is growing before your eyes and we may be a real tough out that no one wants to play come March even the top teams. The reload I think has been a little faster than many expected. We were picked 3 in SEC, we are right there with SC at the moment.

This^^^

And next year, oh boy..

smootness
01-28-2020, 08:46 AM
Yep, once again Schaefer has produced a better team than anyone expected. I thought we would be pretty good, but more of a 5 seed type team with a shot at the Sweet 16. It's looking right now like we will get a higher seed than that, and our ceiling is higher than the Sweet 16.

I still don't think this is a Final 4 team, but we will at least be competitive with anyone we play.

jdelta02
01-28-2020, 01:15 PM
Big key is the lineups and strategies Coach Schaefer, staff go with.

My opinion, continue to zone when needed. Also, continued progress of the freshmen. These freshmen are not afraid of the moment, can make good showings against any team.....South Carolina, Oregon, Baylor, UConn, Stanford, Louisville, ect.

Same with Jordan Danberry (big game player) and Xaria Wiggins (utility, fix it player). Chloe Bibby, coming off injury, has shown flashes, but fairly unproven in big games this season. Jessika Carter has been really good the last 2 games...will need to translate this ability more in games against the better teams, frontcourts. Splash Sisters (Bibby and Espinoza-Hunter) played better with Teaira McCowan at center, Anriel Howard at the 4 spot....defenses tended to sag. Also, Jazz Holmes helped get them open looks. Myah Taylor coming along well, gets help from Mingo-Young.

Freshmen (few notes Ole Miss game)
- Rickea Jackson- 12 points, 3 rebounds, 0 turnovers....22 minutes (huge stat...0 turnovers)
- Aliyah Matharu- 11 points...14 minutes
- Jayla Hemingway- 2 points...9 minutes
- JaMya Mingo-Young- 4 rebounds....17 minutes

Some of the older players are more experienced, and better at executing several of the things that coaching staff asks for than the younger ones....But...
My opinion, the freshmen are a huge key to this team's competitiveness against the top teams. Good examples include the games against Stanford and South Carolina.

Also, Xaria Wiggins been stepping up, including in the big games.

MedDawg
01-28-2020, 01:43 PM
nm