PDA

View Full Version : A-GAIN.... Things are Heading in the Right Direction

ShotgunDawg
01-27-2020, 02:51 PM

HailStateSZN19
01-27-2020, 02:55 PM
Inject this straight into my veins!!

We're about to get our toughness and dawg mentality back and I'm here for it!!

ShotgunDawg
01-27-2020, 02:55 PM
Sure as hell beats last year's S&C program

http://www.chicagonow.com/everyday-me/files/2014/02/FatFitnessInstructor.jpg

ShotgunDawg
01-27-2020, 02:57 PM
Inject this straight into my veins!!

We're about to get our toughness and dawg mentality back and I'm here for it!!

No doubt. Feels like we got the right people & philosophies in place now

I have no idea if Leach's air raid will be a good fit at MSU, but the offense that the head coach runs is literally only about 15% of this thing. The personality, attitude, & culture of the program are way more important

CadaverDawg
01-27-2020, 03:00 PM
I just tackled my mailbox

KOdawg1
01-27-2020, 03:03 PM
I'd love to see what Bichey and his staff did compared to what the new staff is doing. We had some fat dudes last year, which is unacceptable in the SEC.

Can't wait for the sand box.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-27-2020, 03:10 PM
He's no Aaron Feld****

ShotgunDawg
01-27-2020, 03:17 PM
He's no Aaron Feld****

At least Feld would have a southern twang to "prowlers". Sounds like someone from South Dakota

RocketDawg
01-27-2020, 03:20 PM

Haha. Probably not far from right.

RocketDawg
01-27-2020, 03:21 PM

Is yours brick like mine? That would hurt some.

TrapGame
01-27-2020, 03:22 PM

Shotgun, does your wife know you posted her picture?****

ShotgunDawg
01-27-2020, 03:29 PM
Shotgun, does your wife know you posted her picture?****

My wife is way fatter than this

DeputyDawg94
01-27-2020, 03:34 PM
My wife is way fatter than this

Damn!!

And I assume she doesn’t know your user name or that you post on this board.

TXDawg
01-27-2020, 03:38 PM
No sand pit. We gonna be fat and lazy**

Seriously, though, I LOVE seeing videos like this. I know we all bitched about the lack of marketing and terrible hype videos under Moorhead. Maybe there just wasn’t much footage like this to share...

parabrave
01-27-2020, 04:05 PM
Jack and TUSK and that other marine need to post their Hype video. RLee Emery singing about getting some./

shrimp
01-27-2020, 04:35 PM
Coach didn’t take his shirt off. We’re screwed***

smootness
01-27-2020, 04:53 PM
I love this stuff, and I'm optimistic about the new S&C staff, but every staff in the country can put out videos exactly like this. They all talk tough and put players through drills. The real separation comes when they have to hold players accountable and keep them disciplined. And we won't really know about that until further down the line.

TALL DAWG
01-27-2020, 04:57 PM

Can she play guard or center?
Sign her healthy self up!

ShotgunDawg
01-27-2020, 05:01 PM
I love this stuff, and I'm optimistic about the new S&C staff, but every staff in the country can put out videos exactly like this. They all talk tough and put players through drills. The real separation comes when they have to hold players accountable and keep them disciplined. And we won't really know about that until further down the line.

While technically you are correct, Leach's track record as a head coach over 18 years does bring with it a certain amount of credibility, especially when it looks right like this video does.

I just don't see it as possible to get as successful as Leach has been without having the accountability and culture piece correct.

smootness
01-27-2020, 06:09 PM
While technically you are correct, Leach's track record as a head coach over 18 years does bring with it a certain amount of credibility, especially when it looks right like this video does.

I just don't see it as possible to get as successful as Leach has been without having the accountability and culture piece correct.

Yeah, I think that's fair.

Bass Chaser
01-27-2020, 06:23 PM
These videos tell me a lot of folks were right about the previous S&C program.

dawgday166
01-27-2020, 06:24 PM
While trying to slow the growth of my own wool, I don't see a single thing from what I've learned about Leach's track record that causes me any concern. So I'm just trusting the guy myself. He knows what he's looking for, he knows what he's seen work, and I think he's hungry to be successful in the SEC and he'll work hard to make it happen IMO.

My thoughts are we got someone with the mindset of an up and comer like Napier maybe, but with a very large range of experience, national exposure/reputation, and national contacts.

And if something ain't working I think he'll adapt and work to fix it.

There just ain't a whole lot more you can ask for in a Head Football Coach at MSU IMO.

ShotgunDawg
01-27-2020, 06:29 PM
While trying to slow the growth of my own wool, I don't see a single thing from what I've learned about Leach's track record that causes me any concern. So I'm just trusting the guy myself. He knows what he's looking for, he knows what he's seen work, and I think he's hungry to be successful in the SEC and he'll work hard to make it happen IMO.

My thoughts are we got someone with the mindset of an up and comer like Napier maybe, but with a very large range of experience, national exposure/reputation, and national contacts.

And if something ain't working I think he'll adapt and work to fix it.

There just ain't a whole lot more you can ask for in a Head Football Coach at MSU IMO.

Yeah. I agree.

It's early but I'm not seeing any concerns yet.

To add: Rosebowl said on the BY today that word inside the walls from the retained recruiting guys is that they believe the new staff will recruit really well because they are relentless and unwaveringly believe in what they're selling.

Basically there is a sense of confidence that these guys really know what they're doing.

dawgday166
01-27-2020, 06:33 PM
Yeah. I agree.

It's early but I'm not seeing any concerns yet.

To add: Rosebowl said on the BY today that word inside the walls from the retained recruiting guys is that they believe the new staff will recruit really well because they are relentless and unwaveringly believe in what they're selling.

Basically there is a sense of confidence that these guys really know what they're doing.

Maybe the air raid will crash and burn in the SEC against elite Ds and we're fixiing to find out. But I don't think Leach will sit on his hands like Joe did and make excuses either. At least I don't think he will

After watching a ton of interviews and whatnot on Leach ... I just never get the feeling he pisses down anybody's back while telling them it's raining ****

Churchill
01-27-2020, 07:10 PM
[QUOTE=dawgday166;1226266]Maybe the air raid will crash and burn in the SEC against elite Ds and we're fixiing to find out. But I don't think Leach will sit on his hands like Joe did and make excuses either. At least I don't think he will

Before this is all over I think we'll all realize what a number Moorhead did on us.

R2Dawg
01-27-2020, 07:39 PM
[QUOTEBefore this is all over I think we'll all realize what a number Moorhead did on us.[/QUOTE]

I think we are already seeing that; the late move to finally move on from Joe may have saved our program. Cohen surely learned his lesson on that hire. That is what you get when you are learning AD on the fly.

I have no concerns now about being out of shape or not being a tough football team, Bulldog football is about to have a resurgence.

lastmajordog
01-27-2020, 08:30 PM
Thank you for this......GRRRRRRRR ....WOOF!!!!!!!!!

Pennywise
01-27-2020, 08:38 PM
Coach didn?t take his shirt off. We?re screwed***

Are you referencing the Sharks from up north and their latest video? I still don't see how that was supposed to inspire their guys. But whatever they want to do...

ShotgunDawg
01-27-2020, 08:47 PM
Are you referencing the Sharks from up north and their latest video? I still don't see how that was supposed to inspire their guys. But whatever they want to do...

What are you talking about? Is there visual evidence of this?

Pennywise
01-27-2020, 09:03 PM
What are you talking about? Is there visual evidence of this?

I find it pretty embarrassing.

https://twitter.com/OleMissFB/status/1221201572266422272

ShotgunDawg
01-27-2020, 09:03 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">‼️��<br><br> <a href="https://t.co/vEMmyZBTr8">pic.twitter.com/vEMmyZBTr8</a></p>— Ole Miss Football (@OleMissFB) <a href="https://twitter.com/OleMissFB/status/1221201572266422272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 25, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Uhhh. try again

Pennywise
01-27-2020, 09:05 PM
Uhhh. try again

See above. (edited)

ShotgunDawg
01-27-2020, 09:06 PM
I find it pretty embarrassing.

LOL

Wears his hat a douche bag

Coach34
01-27-2020, 09:11 PM
We have upgraded S&C. Big step in the right direction

Huntsville Dawg
01-27-2020, 11:02 PM
Man I'm amped after watching that! I'm laying in bed but wanna go out and slam some weights now!

Spiderman
01-27-2020, 11:03 PM
We have upgraded S&C. Big step in the right direction

Direct from a player who just finished his eligibility, in 2 years under Moorhead, they never ran the stadium. Did every year under Mullen, and now under Leach. Running the Stadium is not the end all be all, but that is very telling

munk_munk92
01-28-2020, 12:43 AM
I just tackled my wife

Todd4State
01-28-2020, 01:22 AM
Direct from a player who just finished his eligibility, in 2 years under Moorhead, they never ran the stadium. Did every year under Mullen, and now under Leach. Running the Stadium is not the end all be all, but that is very telling

Moorhead simply didn't get it. I don't see how any football coach in today's game in their right mind wouldn't stress S&C.

Cowbell
01-28-2020, 06:09 AM
Moorhead simply didn't get it. I don't see how any football coach in today's game in their right mind wouldn't stress S&C.

And then told us the players were in the best shape of their lives going into the season. That game in the dome when we all saw that we were out of shape - I will never forget that.

dawgday166
01-28-2020, 07:24 AM
And then told us the players were in the best shape of their lives going into the season. That game in the dome when we all saw that we were out of shape - I will never forget that.

If I recall correctly, he also told us preseason 2018 that the offense had been picked up by this team faster than any team he'd been a part of. Joe may actually be a nice guy as Rosie & PJ on 247 say, but he was as full of shit as a Christmas turkey while at MSU.

Tbonewannabe
01-28-2020, 07:30 AM
LOL

Wears his hat a douche bag

But did he chant "Wildboyz" while running around like a madman?

Tbonewannabe
01-28-2020, 07:37 AM
If I recall correctly, he also told us preseason 2018 that the offense had been picked up by this team faster than any team he'd been a part of. Joe may actually be a nice guy as Rosie & PJ on 247 say, but he was as full of shit as a Christmas turkey while at MSU.

Yep, nothing against used car salesmen but Joe would fit right in. He can talk a big game but can't back it up. Honestly, coming here and failing could be a good thing for Joe in the long run similar to Coach O unless he just doesn't learn from or recognize his mistakes. I don't understand how you just let S&C go down the shitter like he did. It seems like that would be head coaching 101. Cohen saw that first hand when he took over from Polk.

A lot of people were worried that Cohen would be a micromanager as an AD since he was a baseball coach but honestly he is probably giving too much freedom. Not realizing Canny wasn't really doing anything but texting and pulling on his peter and now Moorhead just letting the team and culture go down the shitter. I am sure that he can give Leach and Vic that type of freedom but everyone else doesn't have that type of long track record.

Gypsy_RoadDawg
01-28-2020, 08:22 AM

Good one I like it!!!