PDA

View Full Version : It's Amazing How Much Ole Miss Sucks at Sports

ShotgunDawg
01-26-2020, 05:58 PM
Sheesh it must suck to be those guys.

- Won 4 games in football and are on probation

- Neither the men's or women's basketball team has won a conference game.

- Hired a football coach that has been fired from multiple jobs and goes by Joey Freshwater

- Baseball team is preseason top 25 but won't be ranked after week 1 and will likely finish last in the SEC West.

Brutal athletic department

Tripp McNeely
01-26-2020, 06:02 PM
Hate to disrupt this thread, because I never wanna derail some bear bashing, but their men?s team did win a conference game yesterday

ShotgunDawg
01-26-2020, 06:07 PM
Hate to disrupt this thread, because I never wanna derail some bear bashing, but their men?s team did win a conference game yesterday

Damn. I didn't realize that.

Even so, they really really suck at everything.

They aren't built to win. Something about their school culture doesn't allow it.

ShotgunDawg
01-26-2020, 06:08 PM
How do they have fans and why do those people choose to subject themselves to a lifetime of losing at most everything?

RocketDawg
01-26-2020, 06:10 PM
How do they have fans and why do those people choose to subject themselves to a lifetime of losing at most everything?

They concentrate on academics. **

Todd4State
01-26-2020, 06:12 PM

They aren't built to win. Something about their school culture doesn't allow it.

They're only good in baseball because we allowed it. Bianco who they hate is probably the best coach up there right now.

Football they suck because they cheated and they can't help but be Ole Miss. Have to run everyone's nose in it when they cheated. Just like the Egg Bowl. They're coming back and get the momentum...but nope got to rub "Moo U's" face in it by doing the Metcalf celebration. Guess what? They get moved back because of it and miss the extra point and lose. All because they can't help but be Ole Miss.

Todd4State
01-26-2020, 06:14 PM

Well, even Tulane and Rice has fans. There are always going to be die hards. Their culture- not the racist part- but the small college town stuff does appeal to some college kids. Like those that can't get into Georgia or Texas.

R2Dawg
01-26-2020, 06:20 PM

But you forgot one thing, they win recruiting all the time. After all that is all that matters right.

MedDawg
01-26-2020, 06:34 PM

- Hired a football coach that has been fired from multiple jobs and goes by Joey Freshwater

- Baseball team is preseason top 25 but won't be ranked after week 1 and will likely finish last in the SEC West.

Softball team was decent then they fired their coach after a scandal. And he might not have done what he was accused of.

Dawgbite
01-26-2020, 06:35 PM
Just remember, they are the Flagship University in this state, their commercial just told me so.

Coursesuper
01-26-2020, 06:35 PM
Well, even Tulane and Rice has fans. There are always going to be die hards. Their culture- not the racist part- but the small college town stuff does appeal to some college kids. Like those that can't get into Georgia or Texas.

It's not the small town college stuff that appeals to those kids. It's the elitist nature there that they flock to. And they sell it well, I had several members that sent kids up there from NOLA and that's what they bought into.

dawgday166
01-26-2020, 06:44 PM
They're only good in baseball because we allowed it. Bianco who they hate is probably the best coach up there right now.

Football they suck because they cheated and they can't help but be Ole Miss. Have to run everyone's nose in it when they cheated. Just like the Egg Bowl. They're coming back and get the momentum...but nope got to rub "Moo U's" face in it by doing the Metcalf celebration. Guess what? They get moved back because of it and miss the extra point and lose. All because they can't help but be Ole Miss.

I don't think they suck in football cause they cheated. They just got a slap on the wrist for that. They suck cause Freeze got busted with that massage parlor's number on his cell phone ... and then got fired.

dawgday166
01-26-2020, 06:46 PM
But you forgot one thing, they win recruiting all the time. After all that is all that matters right.

Not in women's hoops they don't. Vic croots his ass off. And coaches even better.

Todd4State
01-26-2020, 06:48 PM
It's not the small town college stuff that appeals to those kids. It's the elitist nature there that they flock to. And they sell it well, I had several members that sent kids up there from NOLA and that's what they bought into.

I agree. You just worded it a lot better than I did.

Todd4State
01-26-2020, 06:52 PM
I don't think they suck in football cause they cheated. They just got a slap on the wrist for that. They suck cause Freeze got busted with that massage parlor's number on his cell phone ... and then got fired.

They may have gotten a slap on the wrist but the NCAA dragging it out definitely had a major effect on them and their class. They were able to keep AJ and Metcalf and still had losing seasons with them and their best finish was 6-6. The reality is Hugh Freeze was their perfect coach for them. He was willing to cheat, into recruiting as much as they were and willing to be dirty, had an offense that bended the rules at the time, and tried to hide behind his Christian persona so if you questioned anything you're not a good person and need to re-evaluate your spiritual life. And he beat Dan, Bama, and LSU.

And much like their program it was all a house of cards that wasn't going to last.

They're expecting Kiffin to basically be Freeze 2.0. At least that's what they are hoping for.

RougeDawg
01-26-2020, 06:56 PM
Just remember, they are the Flagship University in this state, their commercial just told me so.

Well that flagship sank to the bottom of the Gulf decades ago.

Coursesuper
01-26-2020, 07:00 PM
Well that flagship sank to the bottom of the Gulf decades ago.

She went down off the mouth of Mobile Bay mid 1864.

OLJWales
01-26-2020, 07:28 PM
Just wondering how many of my insurance premium dollars ends up in oxfart is reason enough to hate them. Hating Ole Piss gives me another reason to root for tort reform.

The are the Parasitic Cockroaches of the South who think their "unique club" puts them above the rest of the "peons" who don't have proper "culture".

Without systemic cheating and total lack of institutional control, these nasty maggots would not be able to field anything close to a division I football team.

Anybody with an IQ of a garden slug knows that black players only choose ole piss over another better school is due to illegal cash. that's the only way they come. Only. Ole piss' option is to play within the "gentlemen's agreements" and crumble or do some outbidding. "An offer they couldn't refuse" is their only recourse to stay relevant. (or semi-relevant)

Yea, I said it.

drummerdawg
01-26-2020, 08:05 PM

No they don't. Moorhead recruited better, Howland and Vic recruit better. Depends on the year for baseball, but more often than not they're behind us. Outside of beating Mullen in recruiting a few times they've sucked.

Todd4State
01-26-2020, 08:23 PM
No they don't. Moorhead recruited better, Howland and Vic recruit better. Depends on the year for baseball, but more often than not they're behind us. Outside of beating Mullen in recruiting a few times they've sucked.

They are the kings of manipulating football recruiting rankings.

ShotgunDawg
01-26-2020, 08:26 PM

We get better players in baseball regardless of what the recruiting rankings say.

Todd4State
01-26-2020, 08:30 PM
We get better players in baseball regardless of what the recruiting rankings say.

Cough, Jerrion Ealy, cough.

BuckyIsAB****
01-26-2020, 09:51 PM
It is a school entirely driven by an undeserved sense of superiority. They know they aint shit but its more important to them for you to think they are some shit than them actually being some shit.

msbulldog
01-27-2020, 06:51 PM

Gun, it's in their DNA.

BeardoMSU
01-27-2020, 07:00 PM
It is a school entirely driven by an undeserved sense of superiority.

Well, they were good once upon a time (those times not forgotten, obviously), at least in football....unfortunately for them, that was pre-integration. If our admin hadn't been such limp dick bitches prior to the 90's who knows how our historical comparisons would look.

BeardoMSU
01-28-2020, 11:53 PM
Bump, lolz...

Blowing a nearly 20 point lead at home stings a bit, aye?

Homedawg
01-29-2020, 09:59 PM

Ole miss gonna finish last in west in baseball? To bama? I'll take shotgun is wrong again for 1000 Alex

ShotgunDawg
01-29-2020, 10:14 PM
Ole miss gonna finish last in west in baseball? To bama? I'll take shotgun is wrong again for 1000 Alex

Does Bama count?

I wasn't aware they play baseball

DawgFan85
01-31-2020, 12:31 AM
I know they think we are the only school that gives a damn about women's basketball but did anyone see the score of the South Carolina game against the Lady Rebels of Ole Piss? The halftime score was SC 32 UM 2. That's right, they had 2 points at halftime and they scored that bucket with less than a minute to go in the first half! They are really bringing up the rear in the SEC here lately and hopefully that will continue. Just another shitty day in Oxfart!

msbulldog
01-31-2020, 07:08 AM
I know they think we are the only school that gives a damn about women's basketball but did anyone see the score of the South Carolina game against the Lady Rebels of Ole Piss? The halftime score was SC 32 UM 2. That's right, they had 2 points at halftime and they scored that bucket with less than a minute to go in the first half! They are really bringing up the rear in the SEC here lately and hopefully that will continue. Just another shitty day in Oxfart!

UCONN thinks kindly of WBB.

ShotgunDawg
01-31-2020, 07:37 AM
I'd understand not caring about Women's basketball or really any other sport if you're elite at 1 sport like Bama or Kentucky.

However ..... if you suck at most all sports, it makes little sense to bash any 1 sport. In fact, you should be investing in that sport so you can win at something

Leeshouldveflanked
01-31-2020, 09:10 AM
Ole Miss sucks at more than sports....The majority of their most successful Alumni are the dregs of Society.... Ambulance chairing con artist lawyers and pain pill pushing doctors....

OLJWales
01-31-2020, 04:40 PM
I wish the tobacco companies would have won.