PDA

View Full Version : New defense

BuckyIsAB****
01-25-2020, 03:00 PM
Look at what our D could look like next year for those that want to watch..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFA0w8oQ5r4

All of the talk about the 3-3-5 being vulnerable to the run is a myth. How many gaps can the offense create? 7 at most with 2 TEs. How many schools are we going to see line up with 2 TEs on a consistent basis and pound the football. Even if they do the defense is versatile enough that you can make it an eagle front with your walk down ISLBs, send the mike and spin the middle S down and get a free runner for the box. We have some interesting personnel decisions to make with it but with the depth on our DL we should be able to rotate a few in and out and keep it fresh. I personally see Fred Peters as the ''Aztec'' Safety. Could be a few others. My biggest concern is ISLB. Thompson, Brule and Wheat are going to have to play. Watson and Jett Johnson will have to be ready. I could see Johnson being a good walk down guy to reduce the front. If you watch this game the are just making it an under/over front with the walk down LB anyway. Over front is the 3 to the RB and under is 3 away from him.

They run quite a few stunts up front but you never really see them bring more than 6. I expect that to change with us bc we wont be beating the hell out of everyone like they are doing to C Michigan

dawgday166
01-25-2020, 03:03 PM
This will be something good to watch when I get too pissed to watch the hoops games anymore about 5 mins into 2nd half.

BuckyIsAB****
01-25-2020, 03:18 PM
The biggest thing I see that could hurt us here is RPOs. With the way the safeties are spinning on the snap you read them and throw a glance behind them and we are in trouble.

Im sure they have seen it a lot already and have answers for it. If it was me I would play man to the RB side more (palms coverage) and help to take that away