PDA

View Full Version : Deke Adams Hired By Ole Miss

ShotgunDawg
01-24-2020, 10:33 PM
Good for Deke.

I think he did a pretty solid job at MSU, but I also understand Leach's philosophy of not retaining assistants.

I kind always feel bad for assistants that I feel like did a decent to pretty good job but get let go because the head coach is incompetent.

I wonder with Deke & T Buck being at OM, if they'll keep some of the cheating in check? Not sure why, but I actually feel better with 2 MSU assistants at OM.

On another note, I also feel like the OM staff is very disjointed. Coaches from all over that have never worked together. I feel like that's pretty important unless you elite talent.

BeardoMSU
01-24-2020, 10:42 PM
Good for Deke.

I think he did a pretty solid job at MSU, but I also understand Leach's philosophy of not retaining assistants.

I kind always feel bad for assistants that I feel like did a decent to pretty job but get let go because the head coach is incompetent.

I wonder with Deke & T Buck being at OM, they'll keep some of the cheating in check? Not sure why, but I actually feel better with 2 MSU assistants at OM.

On another note, I also feel like the OM staff is very disjointed. Coaches from all over that haven't ever worked together. I feel like that's pretty important unless you elite talent.

You think they'll be double agents or something? What loyalty will they possibly have to MSU?

msstate7
01-24-2020, 10:43 PM
You think they'll be double agents or something? What loyalty will they possibly have to MSU?

Yeah, I don't get that at all. They're gonna wanna kick our butts on the field and off

ShotgunDawg
01-24-2020, 10:45 PM

they won't have any loyalty to Ole Miss, but I also don't see either as the type to be bag men

BeardoMSU
01-24-2020, 10:47 PM
they won't have any loyalty to Ole Miss, but I also don't see either as the type to be bag men

If they want to stay employed/get a better job they will definitely be loyal. Shitting the bed won't do them any favors, lol.

No clue on the bagman part.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-24-2020, 10:51 PM
I wonder with Deke & T Buck being at OM, if they'll keep some of the cheating in check? Not sure why, but I actually feel better with 2 MSU assistants at OM.

They aren't MSU assistants. They are Ole Miss assistants. They aren't on our payroll anymore. They work for Ole Miss now, and I would assume Ole Miss pays their salary. Do you think they work for us and we are loaning them to Ole Miss for a season to help out our friends up north or something? Or to spy and report back to us? Good lord.

ShotgunDawg
01-24-2020, 10:53 PM
They aren't MSU assistants.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/2de1bd004b2897c3a38f9f41ca23b5bb/tenor.gif?itemid=5499296

Pennywise
01-24-2020, 11:10 PM
MSU released them. Leach released them is a better way to word it I guess. So perhaps they're a little pissed. Deke just moved back to Mississippi a little over a year ago. But they may be a bit pissed at MSU/Leach.

Maybe you're saying that because they were at MSU and know and or like the players on MSU's team they won't do anything to "take down" or hurt MSU. Perhaps. But if "the network" has ways of doing things that help them get better DL or DB I'd be willing to bet they would be company men.

But it is interesting that Ole Miss was supposedly putting together this staff of top flight assistants to recruit like gang busters and the last two hires are leftovers from MSU about seven weeks after Kiffin was hired.

BeardoMSU
01-24-2020, 11:13 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/2de1bd004b2897c3a38f9f41ca23b5bb/tenor.gif?itemid=5499296

Lol, wut? He didn't miss the point at all, Gun. His point is correct.

They work for OM now. That is where their loyalty lies. Period. Otherwise, as I said, they'd be sabotaging their careers.

If that wasn't the case, and having former coaches on other staffs somehow gives us an edge, I sure do wish someone would've told Dan Mullen that when we played Florida in '18....

Todd4State
01-25-2020, 01:02 AM
For most of these coaches- Matt Luke being an exception- it's a job and not about loyalty at all. It's a paycheck.

Personally if I was a coach I'm not sure how comfortable I would be with Ole Miss's Network. If things go sideways you could get a show cause as a coach.

deadheaddawg
01-25-2020, 01:35 AM

You missed his point

They are not associated with us anymore. There is zero reason to suspect they would do us any all. They shouldn't. They are professionals and have been hired to do a job.

If you respect them like it seems you do, then I hope that would mean they are the kind of people that would perform a job they were hired to do.

You said you don't see them as bagmen? Do you know them personally?

SmokeyDawg
01-25-2020, 03:10 AM
Coaches are loyal to their present jobs. Most aren't aiming to "take down" a previous stop. They would however aim to beat them on the field, as they should. I think we are making enough of a flip in a lot of aspects that previous knowledge doesn't mean much or have a big impact against us. It is always hard to see strengths of a current staff (not deke necessarily) be passed by the next staff. There are a few great "behind the scene" guys that were brought here by jomo that we should keep but even those same guys say retaining or hiring staff that aren't in your system can back fire. Too many outside of your system and operations can get cluttered. Probably why we are seeing Leach bring in his guys without resistance. I like it. Still hope we keep a few of those guys.

ZedFedder
01-25-2020, 09:42 AM
I didn’t know this, but his son Jordyn Adams was a first round draft pick in baseball and a 4/5 star wife receiver coming out of high school. Just a fun fact.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-25-2020, 10:24 AM
You are missing the point shotgun. These two coaches are now loyal to Ole Miss and they will do things the Ole Miss way. If the Ole Miss way is to cheat like hell, they will either fall in line and do it, or they will refuse to on a matter of principle and protecting their own personal repuatation and career. And neither of those two option has anything to do with them being employees of MSU at one time in the past.

The thought that they are less prone to cheat because they once worked at MSU is so ridiculous I can't even keep a straight face while typing.

Entodawg
01-25-2020, 10:39 AM
A lot of them are touting the hire saying he coached our 2018 first rounders and developed Jadeveon Clowney, the highest ranked recruit of all time who he coached for 1 season. That?s pretty funny.

CadaverDawg
01-25-2020, 11:23 AM
I would make fun of Ole Miss for poaching coaches from a 6-7 team, but 6-7 would be a step up for their program so I guess these guys are good pick ups for them.

Dawgology
01-25-2020, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I don't get that at all. They're gonna wanna kick our butts on the field and off

Unfortunately for them...they were trained by JoMo. Lol

mparkerfd20
01-25-2020, 12:58 PM
They aren't MSU assistants. They are Ole Miss assistants. They aren't on our payroll anymore. They work for Ole Miss now, and I would assume Ole Miss pays their salary. Do you think they work for us and we are loaning them to Ole Miss for a season to help out our friends up north or something? Or to spy and report back to us? Good lord.

We still have a lot of Pollyanna dumbasses as fans. Too bad most of them post here.