PDA

View Full Version : XFL rules explained..... I dont hate it.

Leroy Jenkins
01-24-2020, 06:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDD6OtNUzig

AFDawg
01-24-2020, 07:56 PM
I like the OT rules especially.

ShotgunDawg
01-24-2020, 08:36 PM
These rules are bad ass.

My guess is that the NFL implements a few of these within a few years

Skydawg1
01-24-2020, 09:27 PM
Fitz fiddna EAT on those conversion plays.

Mjoelner34
01-24-2020, 09:56 PM
Awesome changes!

1. The 2 forward pass play is, or at least used to be legal in MS high school football. My boy Air McNair beat Smithville with in the state championship game.

2. When did the punting team not crossing the line until the punt change? I remember growing up that illegal man downfield on a punt was called about 10 times more often than a block in the back by the return team. Also, when did rugby style punting come into fashion and why can't you roll the shit out of them even after they punt? Again, 35 years ago in high school if the punter took a step outside of a regular punting motion you could cream him even if he had already punted the ball. Now, with the rugby style, half the team is 40 yards downfield while the punter is still running toward the sideline in what may be a fake.

Leroy Jenkins
01-24-2020, 10:08 PM
It's definitely going to shake up some traditional strategies.

Weston M.
01-25-2020, 04:22 PM
Certainly intriguing. Lots of good ideas, but if the product on the field isn't good, it's not going to matter. I hope it is because I'd like to see one of these work (as I'm sure most football fans would). But, I just still have a hard time believing it can. I'll give them more than a year this time around, but I think fans will ultimately be bored sooner than later.