PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Mock Draft

Matt3467
01-24-2020, 09:36 AM
WalterFootball has 4 MSU players going in the top 4 rounds with one a potential 1st rounder.

Can Dantzler - early 2nd with potential to go 1st rd
Erroll Thompson - 3rd rd to the Raiders which would be an interesting locale for him
Willie Gay - 4th rd
Stephen Guidry - 4th rd to the Cowboys (lol)

HailStateSZN19
01-24-2020, 09:39 AM
Errol is coming back to school....why they got him listed in there?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-24-2020, 09:39 AM
WalterFootball has 4 MSU players going in the top 4 rounds with one a potential 1st rounder.

Can Dantzler - early 2nd with potential to go 1st rd
Erroll Thompson - 3rd rd to the Raiders which would be an interesting locale for him
Willie Gay - 4th rd
Stephen Guidry - 4th rd to the Cowboys (lol)

He's coming back to school with a 3rd round draft grade?

ShotgunDawg
01-24-2020, 09:40 AM
That's a pretty terrible mock draft

Tbonewannabe
01-24-2020, 09:46 AM
He's coming back to school with a 3rd round draft grade?

I believe he got a NFL draft grade and I would guess it wasn't 3rd round. He was pretty mediocre most games this year. He did have some good games but the S&C coach is probably going to make Erroll some money next year.

Homedawg
01-24-2020, 10:55 AM
I believe he got a NFL draft grade and I would guess it wasn't 3rd round. He was pretty mediocre most games this year. He did have some good games but the S&C coach is probably going to make Erroll some money next year.

That's not how they do it anymore. You either get a come out, meaning 1-2 rd. Or a go back to school grade. There is no differentiation between someone who is a third rounder or a person they don't think will be drafted. Mock drafts are horse####.

Matt3467
01-24-2020, 11:13 AM
Guy on thedraftnetwork.com had him going in the 6th rd.
Matt Miller on the Bleacher Report had him ranked as the 23rd best LB in the class.

Doesn't surprise me that he'd stay. He really hurt his draft stock last year with his performance. Before last season he was mocked as high as the late 1st round.

defiantdog
01-24-2020, 11:18 AM
Willie should've come back..... mock draft 3rd round could actually mean late 5th unless he has a stand out combine.

msstate7
01-24-2020, 12:23 PM
Willie should've come back..... mock draft 3rd round could actually mean late 5th unless he has a stand out combine.

I really hope the saints can get him in 4th to play besides damario Davis

R2Dawg
01-24-2020, 12:28 PM
That's a pretty terrible mock draft

Agree, Gay 4th round, yeah right.

ShotgunDawg
01-24-2020, 12:52 PM

Of course he should have.

I'm curious if he would've been academically eligible. After Tutor Gate, I have my doubts

We'll never get that answer, but it seem plausible

Todd4State
01-24-2020, 04:50 PM

Willie Gay making a questionable decision? I'm shocked.**

Personally I'm glad he's gone. Good player but toxic. I don't think he would have lasted long under Leach honestly.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-24-2020, 05:40 PM
Y'all really demonizing a guy for no reason. Wrongly but he's gone so whatever.

Coursesuper
01-24-2020, 05:46 PM

Correct.

defiantdog
01-24-2020, 05:48 PM

You don't leave college early for 3rd to 4th round range. The odds are already against you for leaving early and losing a year of maturity. I never demonized him..... just seems like a B. Brown move on his part.

msstate7
01-24-2020, 05:57 PM
You don't leave college early for 3rd to 4th round range. The odds are already against you for leaving early and losing a year of maturity. I never demonized him..... just seems like a B. Brown move on his part.

Who knows how it turns out, but Willie has much better measurables

Todd4State
01-24-2020, 06:17 PM

I've seen him get into our coaches faces after they tried to correct him after another dumb personal foul. Among other things. Said that he felt like he was property on Twitter. He's toxic. So whatever right back at you.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-24-2020, 06:32 PM
I've seen him get into our coaches faces after they tried to correct him after another dumb personal foul. Among other things. Said that he felt like he was property on Twitter. He's toxic. So whatever right back at you.

You're wrong but it's ok. You have experience.

Coach34
01-24-2020, 06:57 PM
Willie is going to do well on pro days and if he gets a Combine invite. No way he makes it out of round 3

dawgday166
01-24-2020, 07:13 PM

Yep ... I agree.

dawgday166
01-24-2020, 07:14 PM
Who knows how it turns out, but Willie has much better measurables

Willie better than Bennie. He'll make the league easily as long as he doesn't self-destruct in some way.

Todd4State
01-24-2020, 07:34 PM
You're wrong but it's ok. You have experience.

It's Ok because he isn't with us anymore to **** us over time and time again. He deserves everything that he has gotten because of HIS actions.

But hey- everyone gets into fights, suspended, ejected from games, calls out fans and acts ungrateful. What an awesome dude.

MetEdDawg
01-24-2020, 08:12 PM
Just wait until Willie starts a Sunday night NFL game and he says "Starkville High School" in his intro**

ShotgunDawg
01-24-2020, 08:31 PM
Willie better than Bennie. He'll make the league easily as long as he doesn't self-destruct in some way.

I don't question if he'll make the league.

I question flushing about 2 rounds worth of draft money down the toilet & if he's mature enough to stick in the NFL

Todd4State
01-24-2020, 08:45 PM

I question flushing about 2 rounds worth of draft money down the toilet & if he's mature enough to stick in the NFL

Nailed it.

We all know the answer if we're honest here.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-24-2020, 10:12 PM

Then when he does make it big & get paid you'll be 1 of the main guys calling for him to give back to MSU.

ShotgunDawg
01-24-2020, 10:42 PM
Then when he does make it big & get paid you'll be 1 of the main guys calling for him to give back to MSU.

I don't think I've ever thought a player should give a dime to MSU.

Do you have a reason to believe I'd say that?

We'll see if he makes it big, but whether or not he makes it big is really irrelevant to the conversation of whether or not he should've come back. He needed to mature & he's flushing a bunch of money down the toilet by declaring this year. That's reality & I don't see the issue with people saying that.

It'll be interesting to see where he's drafted. Much of that may be determined based on the background check scouts do on him & whether or not it checks out

Matt3467
01-24-2020, 10:46 PM
Well since the conversation here evolved to Willie Gay's character I'm kind of surprised to see as many people defending him. The guy has been very selfish and I, for one, am glad he's gone. All the talent in the world isn't an excuse for a toxic behavior.

ShotgunDawg
01-24-2020, 10:49 PM
Well since the conversation here evolved to Willie Gay's character I'm kind of surprised to see as many people defending him. The guy has been very selfish and I, for one, am glad he's gone. All the talent in the world isn't an excuse for a toxic behavior.

I'm not glad he's gone because I think this staff could've really helped him & he could've made things right for himself at MSU while also increasing his stock as a player. Really a win/win for everyone

Anyone saying he wasn't selfish & was good teammate is simply taking a completely biased position that doesn't involve seeing the facts for what they are.

Willie may be a wonderful kid, probably is, but the reality of the situation is that when consistently faced with the choice of doing what's best for MSU or what is best for Willie's ego, he consistently chose Willie's ego.

I hope he grows up & a has 15 year NFL career.

timotheus
01-24-2020, 11:51 PM
This type behavior wouldn't float with Leach and I put most of the blame for it flatly on Joe.

ShotgunDawg
01-24-2020, 11:59 PM
This type behavior wouldn't float with Leach and I put most of the blame for it flatly on Joe.

Joe enabled it but the blame is ALWAYS on the person that does it

Todd4State
01-25-2020, 01:12 AM

THIS. And since he was the leader you get rid of his ass. Toxic people only bring out more toxic behaviors if they are in charge.

I'm not glad he's gone because I think this staff could've really helped him & he could've made things right for himself at MSU while also increasing his stock as a player. Really a win/win for everyone

Anyone saying he wasn't selfish & was good teammate is simply taking a completely biased position that doesn't involve seeing the facts for what they are.

Willie may be a wonderful kid, probably is, but the reality of the situation is that when consistently faced with the choice of doing what's best for MSU or what is best for Willie's ego, he consistently chose Willie's ego.

I hope he grows up & a has 15 year NFL career.

You're right that by coming back he could have increased his stock but I also think he made the "right" move in that I don't think Leach would have put up with him for long and he probably would have ended up somewhere like Jackson State thus hurting his stock. His only shot at making it in the NFL is to react positively to the kick in the ass which I have no doubt is coming. And maybe he will. But typically most people that act like him don't. And in the NFL they aren't going to put up with his BS at all unless he produces at a Ray Lewis level or something like that.

Joe was definitely part of it. Willie is in control of himself but I have no doubt a lot of it was allowed. For example- after Gay got in the coach's face after he got a personal foul Joe should have gone over and supported the assistant and told to Gay to shut up or go back to the locker room. Did not happen.

The best Gay ever behaved was only after our own fans railed his ass on social media after the Shrader incident. Which tells me he was disciplined basically never under Joe.

BhamDawg205
01-25-2020, 02:14 AM
Just wait until Willie starts a Sunday night NFL game and he says "Starkville High School" in his intro**

Lol... I was thinking the same thing. That'll just be more wood for the fire, for those holier than thou. I, like many were immature when we were young. Some have done the same crap that WG has done, but some chose to ignore.

TALL DAWG
01-26-2020, 10:55 AM
Lol... I was thinking the same thing. That'll just be more wood for the fire, for those holier than thou. I, like many were immature when we were young. Some have done the same crap that WG has done, but some chose to ignore.

We were all immature at some point, true.
But, were u or any in this thread a stud LB
for a SEC team, who should be the leader on
the defensive side of ball, with top 3 round
NFL potential? Like it or not....right or wrong...
those types of folks with that type talent should
be held to a higher standard.

MetEdDawg
01-26-2020, 12:01 PM
We were all immature at some point, true.
But, were u or any in this thread a stud LB
for a SEC team, who should be the leader on
the defensive side of ball, with top 3 round
NFL potential? Like it or not....right or wrong...
those types of folks with that type talent should
be held to a higher standard.

There is a pervasive culture that exists in public education and in college that these kids get special treatment across the board. And many of them don't grow up in great situations or learn how to take responsibility for things or learn what that even means.

Not saying any of this is specific to Gay, but as a former high school teacher and a current administrator, this is the unfortunate fact, especially at the higher levels of competition.

dantheman4248
01-26-2020, 02:37 PM
There is a pervasive culture that exists in public education and in college that these kids get special treatment across the board. And many of them don't grow up in great situations or learn how to take responsibility for things or learn what that even means.

Not saying any of this is specific to Gay, but as a former high school teacher and a current administrator, this is the unfortunate fact, especially at the higher levels of competition.

To put it simply: Tough shit.

Yea getting to the NFL is HARD. There's a **** lot to overcome. We don't have to psycho-analyze the why of the reasons someone wouldn't make it. Some people are born with a great home life that fosters good personal growth. Some aren't. Some are born with great genes capable of tremendous athletic feats. Some aren't. Life isn't fair and not everything is even and given to the one who deserves it the most. It's the way it is.

Willie has things to overcome to make it to the NFL. He has to be more mature. It doesn't matter if he's in the right, if he punches Tom Brady in the face, he's up shit creek without a paddle. Yea his upbringing may not have fostered him to be the winner of a citizenship or sportsmanship award. He has to overcome that to make it to the NFL. It's not his fault he didn't have that, but it doesn't change the fact that he has to overcome that to make it to the NFL. Same as it's not my fault for not being genetically gifted to make the NFL but raised in an environment where I could have a better propensity to have the maturity needed. Not my fault, but I would have had to overcome that. Some people can overcome what they're lacking. Some can't. Not your fault if you can't. I didn't and went another path.

Willie has the opportunity to. Can he do it? Remains to be seen. His history of actions doesn't favor him but his athletic ability does. I hope he makes it.

Huntsville Dawg
01-26-2020, 11:55 PM
This mock draft is bad. Enroll is coming back, and I can't see Gay falling to the fourth round. He would be a heck of a steal in the fourth. Dude can ball and I hope he does well in the pros.