PDA

View Full Version : I know our situation is different than Auburn's

MetEdDawg
01-24-2020, 07:50 AM
But for those that were hesitant about the salary we are giving Arnett, just know that Auburn is now paying Kevin Steele $2.5 million per year.

Like I said, I know the situations and coaches are different, but the landscape of assistant coaching is changing. We are paying what it costs to elevate the floor of our program. Can't pay coordinators less than a million anymore if you want to get some solid ones.

The going rate is just getting higher and higher and we have to keep raising the floor. By comparison, Sark was the highest paid OC in the country last year at $1.5 million. So the DC market is a little different than the OC market

Irondawg
01-24-2020, 10:12 AM
It's getting insane and as it keeps increasing the players are going to become more and more disgruntled so that it's either about to become a FA system or the NCAA is going to have to find some way to cap salaries.

HancockCountyDog
01-24-2020, 10:30 AM
Just wait until next year when AU has a new secondary and a brand new DL - lets see what a genius Steele is without 4-5 NFL players on the defense, including one of the most disruptive DT's I've seen since Suh.

He had to get paid - because next year he is on the hot seat.