PDA

View Full Version : Grad Transfer QB Recruiting

HailStateSZN19
01-23-2020, 12:06 PM
According to a Clemson mod on 247, Chase Brice is scheduled to OV us next weekend.

So we've got 2 of the most highly coveted QB transfers in the portal (minus maybe Newman at UGA now & King at The U now) coming to visit us back-to-back weekends.

Should be interesting if that visit even happens if Costello goes ahead and pulls the trigger this weekend. But damn, what a backup plan Brice would be if Costello were to not jump. I personally think Costello shuts it down this weekend (no inside info, just a hunch) and commits and he's our guy. Pretty exciting to have these two guys interested in us: Costello, a Top 50 recruit out of HS and was ranked as the #45 NFL prospect overall by CBS going into the 2019 season who has had a season where he completed 65% of his passes for 3,600 yds and 29 TD's so he's a proven commodity. Then there's Brice, a former 4-star QB who has been at Clemson behind Lawrence but in limited snaps, has flashed some serious potential (leading the GW drive against Syracuse in 2018 late in the 4Q).

ShotgunDawg
01-23-2020, 12:20 PM
Interesting. I bet Brice's visit is cancelled if Costello commits.

We're about to be a grad transfer destination. Hopefully that extends to HS skill players as well.

HailStateSZN19
01-23-2020, 12:53 PM

We're about to be a grad transfer destination. Hopefully that extends to HS skill players as well.

I know they've been sending out a ton of offers to skill players in TX and GA, or at least I've seen a good bit based off Twitter. Will be interesting to see how well we do with skill position players outside of MS going forward.

Sounds like our QB recruiting for the 2021 is going to be damn good. I know a ton of people are going to be advocating big time for just grabbing one of Keyes or Altmeyer since they're in-state but sounds like Sawyer Robertson (247 has him rated as the #78 overall player in '21 class & #6 Pro QB) from Lubbock,TX is highly interested in us with Leach here now. We also offered QB Garrett Neussmeier (Doug Neussmeier's son) who is a top 170 overall player himself. So we've got some very very solid options at QB for the 2021 class between Robertson/Keyes/Altmeyer/Neussmeier.

ZedFedder
01-23-2020, 01:48 PM
The grad transfer market is going to be great for us.

Commercecomet24
01-23-2020, 02:19 PM
Naw Leach don't care about recruiting*****

Irondawg
01-23-2020, 02:29 PM
just watched some videos of Brice - his throwing motion is more natural than Costello. It will curious to see who Leach likes better - seeing as how Costello is coming in first I'm guessing that's the answer.

yjnkdawg
01-23-2020, 02:37 PM

It will be. Costello is the No. 1 target.

OLJWales
01-23-2020, 03:36 PM
What is causing these 2 QB transfers? Are they not confident of getting starting roles?

HailStateSZN19
01-23-2020, 03:41 PM
What is causing these 2 QB transfers? Are they not confident of getting starting roles?

With Costello, I believe (and may be wrong) it had to do with him not getting into grad school at Stanford. As expected, it's HIGHLY competitive to get into grad school there. I believe that's what it is.

With Brice, it's the fact that Lawrence is back next year and they're bringing in the #1 QB in the country in the 2020 class. He wouldn't get on the field over him and he's got 2 years to play left so he's wanting to get on the field for a couple years. He's graduating in April or May I think so might as well go ahead and grad transfer so he's got 2 years somewhere.

Irondawg
01-23-2020, 03:55 PM
I'm also curious what Leach will think of our current QB crop

confucius say
01-23-2020, 03:59 PM

Stanford has had 13 players enter the transfer portal this cycle. 13!

ScoobaDawg
01-23-2020, 04:08 PM
Test

NCDawg
01-23-2020, 04:25 PM
I wonder if Moorhead will try to get Shrader to transfer to Oregon if we do bring in one of these transfer QB's. I understand the reason Shrader came to State in the first place was because of Moorhead.

Todd4State
01-23-2020, 04:43 PM
I wonder if Moorhead will try to get Shrader to transfer to Oregon if we do bring in one of these transfer QB's. I understand the reason Shrader came to State in the first place was because of Moorhead.

Very possible. I think Leach can develop him though. He should have redshirted this year and we were unable to.

maroonmania
01-23-2020, 07:42 PM

Shrader is from NC and its a LONG haul from NC to Oregon. He would have to REALLY want to just play for Moorhead to make that move. Leach is a heck of QB coach to leave to go all the way across the country for Moorhead.

dawgday166
01-23-2020, 07:45 PM

If Shrader wants his best shot at making the league, he better stick with Leach.

ShotgunDawg
01-23-2020, 07:46 PM
If Shrader wants his best shot at making the league, he better stick with Leach.

Agree. He's best off staying, redshirting, & then trying to win the job next Spring

chef dixon
01-23-2020, 08:07 PM
Meh. To me Shrader is not a must keep. Going to give Leach the benefit of the doubt on whatever he does for now.

NCDawg
01-23-2020, 08:24 PM
Meh. To me Shrader is not a must keep. Going to give Leach the benefit of the doubt on whatever he does for now.

Somewhat disagree. The kid has a lot talent in my opinion.

Irondawg
01-23-2020, 08:30 PM
I don?t think any of us really know what kind of arm talent GS really has. He?s got great pocket presence and seems to have some moxie but Leach seems to value quick reads and accuracy above anything else

Offshore Dawg
01-23-2020, 11:18 PM
Bottom line for all this shit is Dawgs look to be trying to bring in a higher talented player than ever in the past. Just remember you bunch of impatient got to have it now folks, this new staff hasn't had a full week here yet.