PDA

View Full Version : Another struggle for ct Bradford

bully99
11-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Gave up 7 earned in 2.2 Not sure how much he will pitch this year. Freshman Dylan Ingram hit a homer. Cody Walker had a three run double.

Todd4State
11-02-2013, 12:16 AM
We'll probably make him do the CT shuffle and let him play CF for us. I'm not too worried about him to be honest with you.

Majors42
11-02-2013, 02:27 AM
In all homesty, he is the Ladarius Perkins of the baseball team. Very talented but I'll be relieved when he is no longer an option for the coaches to use because it usually ends in a cluster****. Wish them the best but ready for the next guy.

MsStateBaseball
11-02-2013, 07:05 AM
He will go back and face that one batter like he did before.

Will James
11-02-2013, 07:11 AM
He will go back and face that one batter like he did before.

Id rather see Irby doing that. CT ain't a pitcher and he's close to not being a starting OF either. He needs to focus on what it means to have an approach at the plate rather than being on the mound. I hope the rumors of us offering him a weekend starting spot aren't true. That would be retarded.

Todd4State
11-02-2013, 09:08 AM
In all homesty, he is the Ladarius Perkins of the baseball team. Very talented but I'll be relieved when he is no longer an option for the coaches to use because it usually ends in a cluster****. Wish them the best but ready for the next guy.

I can only recall one time that the CT shuffle didn't work. He does need to work on his base stealing a little bit as well as his hitting.

Todd4State
11-02-2013, 09:15 AM
Id rather see Irby doing that. CT ain't a pitcher and he's close to not being a starting OF either. He needs to focus on what it means to have an approach at the plate rather than being on the mound. I hope the rumors of us offering him a weekend starting spot aren't true. That would be retarded.

I think it was "if the season started today" type of deal- not a will start no matter what type of deal. There is a big difference between the coaches saying that in September and February. I would be very surprised if he is in the rotation to start the year. I was surprised when that info came forth, and my thought hasn't really changed on that. I just don't care for CT that much as a pitcher, and he hasn't done much this fall to change my opinion on that. I think he has been hit hard pretty much every time he has gone out there.

msstate7
11-02-2013, 09:16 AM

I agree

ScottH
11-02-2013, 09:17 AM
Id ... and he's close to not being a starting OF either.

For all those that think CT has his spot in CF locked up, they might be mistaken. The young talent is ridiculous (plus Armstrong). These guys are progressing. CT is unfortunately stagnated and maybe regressing. Will it be an uphill battle to unseat him? Absolutely. Would the staff actually do it? Yes.

Todd4State
11-02-2013, 09:21 AM
For all those that think CT has his spot in CF locked up, they might be mistaken. The young talent is ridiculous (plus Armstrong). These guys are progressing. CT is unfortunately stagnated and maybe regressing. Will it be an uphill battle to unseat him? Absolutely. Would the staff actually do it? Yes.

I think the coaching staff is concerned somewhat with his health- and by that I mean his durability. The original rumor was that he would pitch a day, play CF a day, and DH a day. CT has tremendous range in CF and can get to most any ball that is hit to him though- and he can save us plenty of runs with his defense.

Lefthandersrule
11-02-2013, 09:36 AM
I believe the coaching staff has given CT the opportunity that was promised to him. They gave him the chance to pitch and his play determined his future in the rotation. He needs to concentrate on his hitting and OF play and be prepared to come in on Saturdays as a LOOGY. If Bracewell can stay healthy or if Young can get healthy we'll be fine. But all of this will work itself out I'm the spring. Heck Woody still hasn't pitched in live games yet!