PDA

View Full Version : Any Updates to the Dude this year?

ShotgunDawg
01-21-2020, 03:08 PM
Just curious if anyone had heard of any updates to the Dude this year?

Any extra GA seating?

Food?

Any rumors?

AROB44
01-21-2020, 03:16 PM
No updates needed..

confucius say
01-21-2020, 03:28 PM
They do have a new deal in place for people without a reserved seat. It is fairly cheap. Somebody will know the specifics better than I do, but basically You buy a season ticket for like $200 and then you can sit in any chairback that is not being used for any game. If the person who owns the seat shows up, you just have to move to another open chairback. I think it is called the "mobile season ticket option."

ShotgunDawg
01-21-2020, 03:40 PM
They do have a new deal in place for people without a reserved seat. It is fairly cheap. Somebody will know the specifics better than I do, but basically You buy a season ticket for like $200 and then you can sit in any chairback that is not being used for any game. If the person who owns the seat shows up, you just have to move to another open chairback. I think it is called the "mobile season ticket option."

That’s a great idea

drummerdawg
01-21-2020, 03:42 PM

lol ridiculous. I hope we do something about the lighting though. Stadium, Lofts, and Lounges look too dark on tv when we have night games.

confucius say
01-21-2020, 03:52 PM
lol ridiculous. I hope we do something about the lighting though. Stadium, Lofts, and Lounges look too dark on tv when we have night games.

Why ridiculous?

Bert Stare
01-21-2020, 03:58 PM
The hump renovation will be the priority going into the summer, but once it gets going, dont be surprised to see another set of lofts build momentum. It will be 9 units instead of 12 this time though. It will tie into the stairwell and be built towards the foul pole in left field.

Maroonthirteen
01-21-2020, 04:10 PM
Why ridiculous?

I think it is a good idea in theory. However It will be interesting to see how the legit season ticket holders handle the squatters every weekend.

confucius say
01-21-2020, 04:20 PM
I think it is a good idea in theory. However It will be interesting to see how the legit season ticket holders handle the squatters every weekend.

Id have no problem with it as long as they get their drinks and trash and what not when they leave my seat

StarkVegasSteve
01-21-2020, 04:23 PM

It's going to piss some people off the first couple of weekends, but once people start seeing who's there most weekends and who's not I think it'll get better.

TheLostDawg
01-21-2020, 04:24 PM

Yeah I would hate that. I wish that they'd just build more lofts or chairbacks

MedDawg
01-21-2020, 04:29 PM

Don't we have the same option available for men's basketball this season? Anyone here used it yet? How has it worked?

I like the idea. Much better than my solution to open the grandstands after 1 or 1.5 innings (vs after 4.5 innings or never), with the non-seatholder moving if the seatholder shows up. Since they can electronically see who has scanned in, they can rule out those seats so someone won't come back after getting a hamburger and find someone in their seats. But when will they allow the mobile seat option people to move to the grandstand? It has to be earlier than after 4.5 innings. It needs to be closer to 1.5 innings.

What happens if the original seatholder arrives late? Or really late, like in the 7th inning? They can't just turn them down at the gate scanner. Do they get their seat back? Are they given someone else's grandstand seat? Is the mobile seat option person given another grandstand seat when the original seatholder scans in?

Again, how has it worked in men's basketball? When in the game do they notify the mobile option person they can move to an unused seat?

dantheman4248
01-21-2020, 04:41 PM
Blah. Blah. Blah.

Thought he was banning himself.

ejdallas322
01-21-2020, 04:53 PM
They're adding more lofts with about 32 rooms soon that will wrap around the left field side bc there are so many people on the waiting list to rent one out.

Gutter Cobreh
01-21-2020, 05:07 PM
The hump renovation will be the priority going into the summer, but once it gets going, dont be surprised to see another set of lofts build momentum. It will be 9 units instead of 12 this time though. It will tie into the stairwell and be built towards the foul pole in left field.

Those sports agents down in Louisiana talking about our baseball park while they orchestrated that Napier deal???***

CadaverDawg
01-21-2020, 05:13 PM

I hear the Napiers have already put a down payment on 1 of the new units FWIW.

MedDawg
01-21-2020, 05:16 PM
They're adding more lofts with about 32 rooms soon that will wrap around the left field side bc there are so many people on the waiting list to rent one out.

Wow, really? I haven't heard that.

The current left field loft building has 12 lofts and has been well-received nationally. I've been in one for a few games and they're awesome. I read on the boards we were going to build one more 12-unit loft building like in the original plans, but obviously we are not building another before the 2020 season. After the 2019 season and the popularity of the lofts, I figured they would build another. Maybe seeing increased interest during the 2019 season or shortly afterward was too late to commit to a second building for 2020. I guess it's possible that interest has increased significantly since to build more than one additional 12-unit loft building.

Bert Stare
01-21-2020, 05:20 PM
Wow, really? I haven't heard that.

The current left field loft building has 12 lofts and has been well-received nationally. I've been in one for a few games and they're awesome. I read on the boards we were going to build one more 12-unit loft building like in the original plans, but obviously we are not building another before the 2020 season. After the 2019 season and the popularity of the lofts, I figured they would build another. Maybe seeing increased interest during the 2019 season or shortly afterward was too late to commit to a second building for 2020. I guess it's possible that interest has increased significantly since to build more than one additional 12-unit loft building.

The site for the 12 or 9 unit addition was designed over 2 years ago. The foundations and footprint will only hold 9 or 12 units. you cannot wrap around the bullpen and tie in because of the site utilities that are in that area. Way too expensive to redo right now.

bulldogcountry1
01-21-2020, 05:46 PM

It's a good idea, but it's going to be a pain trying to watch the game as dozens of season ticket holders show up during game play in the 2nd or 3rd inning to claim their seats.

BuckyIsAB****
01-21-2020, 09:04 PM

For the love of God build an IPF before you do anything else. Palmerio aint cutting it for the football program

OLJWales
01-21-2020, 09:35 PM
We gonna win a Natty.

ShotgunDawg
01-21-2020, 09:46 PM
The site for the 12 or 9 unit addition was designed over 2 years ago. The foundations and footprint will only hold 9 or 12 units. you cannot wrap around the bullpen and tie in because of the site utilities that are in that area. Way too expensive to redo right now.

Thanks John

Bert Stare
01-21-2020, 09:53 PM
For the love of God build an IPF before you do anything else. Palmerio aint cutting it for the football program

The latest on this is a plan to build a huge clearspan canopy over the 2nd outdoor practice field behind the football complex. very similar to what UAB currently has.

https://www.wvtm13.com/article/uab-football-set-to-unveil-new-practice-facility-as-season-ticket-sales-soar-to-new-heights/10277769#

ShotgunDawg
01-21-2020, 10:35 PM
The latest on this is a plan to build a huge clearspan canopy over the 2nd outdoor practice field behind the football complex. very similar to what UAB currently has.

https://www.wvtm13.com/article/uab-football-set-to-unveil-new-practice-facility-as-season-ticket-sales-soar-to-new-heights/10277769#

Good idea. I really like Oklahoma State's version of this. Cost them $19 mil

Doors roll up so it's basically a canopy.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/T7L_OhYhn7ZTVZT7ICJl1O_bajs=/126x0:873x498/1200x800/filters:focal(126x0:873x498)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/assets/642280/5857273136_0eb1372283_b.jpg

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/stwnewspress.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/3/ef/3ef0fd38-e5a0-5794-b214-b8702ed75d95/53e55a6e132db.image.jpg?resize=400%2C199

https://cdn2.newsok.biz/cache/large960_blur-97409d37b5cfa6deb2bbf04e509dbb1f.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/7282/9018511637_1bda8928de_b.jpg

ShotgunDawg
01-21-2020, 10:37 PM

I guess my only question is: with a soon to be $130 mil per year athletic department, do we have to go cheap on this?

If so, why?

ShotgunDawg
01-21-2020, 10:38 PM

UAB's cost $22 mil & Oklahoma State's $19 mil. Not sure how that possible considering the final result

Maroonthirteen
01-22-2020, 07:07 AM
Don't we have the same option available for men's basketball this season? Anyone here used it yet? How has it worked?

I like the idea. Much better than my solution to open the grandstands after 1 or 1.5 innings (vs after 4.5 innings or never), with the non-seatholder moving if the seatholder shows up. Since they can electronically see who has scanned in, they can rule out those seats so someone won't come back after getting a hamburger and find someone in their seats. But when will they allow the mobile seat option people to move to the grandstand? It has to be earlier than after 4.5 innings. It needs to be closer to 1.5 innings.

What happens if the original seatholder arrives late? Or really late, like in the 7th inning? They can't just turn them down at the gate scanner. Do they get their seat back? Are they given someone else's grandstand seat? Is the mobile seat option person given another grandstand seat when the original seatholder scans in?

Again, how has it worked in men's basketball? When in the game do they notify the mobile option person they can move to an unused seat?

Maybe I'm overlooking the details somewhere, but I see nothing that lays out any rules. The way i read the information on the ticket office website, you can sit in any empty seat you want as early as you want (when gates open I assume). However if a ticket holder shows up anytime between the gates opening and the last pitch, you have to move.

I'd be Interested to know how it has worked for basketball but basketball is a less popular sport with more seats. It won't be a problem for non-sec and midweek baseball games. But the sec baseball weekends ...... I imagine you'll have big crowds and lots of folks being asked to move.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-22-2020, 08:01 AM
I know an indoor practice facility is needed and necessary in today's NCAA football. But I do wonder how some of these guys would handle practicing in full pads, full contact tackling to the ground 3 days a week, playing both ways, not getting constant water, etc.... It is certainly a new world. A much better one in some ways, and worse in others.

ShotgunDawg
01-22-2020, 08:43 AM
I know an indoor practice facility is needed and necessary in today's NCAA football. But I do wonder how some of these guys would handle practicing in full pads, full contact tackling to the ground 3 days a week, playing both ways, not getting constant water, etc.... It is certainly a new world. A much better one in some ways, and worse in others.

And in all ways safer....

Indoor practices can be fun & physical. Just can't have them everyday

TheLostDawg
01-22-2020, 08:59 AM
Yeah baseball needed to figure out a way to get more seats. Not just lofts but lounges, etc. Did they have this in mind for later down the road or did they just think about the lounges. You'd think with the demand for chairbacks, lounges, and lofts they'd be working to put more in. Great thing with baseball is they sell and us a waiting list.

Liverpooldawg
01-22-2020, 09:47 AM
I swear our "fans" would bitch about something if we built a billion dollar stadium that seats 100,000k with retractable roof.

ShotgunDawg
01-22-2020, 09:51 AM
I swear our "fans" would bitch about something if we built a billion dollar stadium that seats 100,000k with retractable roof.

Well.... that depends on whether or not the bathrooms........ and the concession stand lines........

confucius say
01-22-2020, 09:52 AM

True

LoneStarDawg
01-22-2020, 09:52 AM

Yep!

confucius say
01-22-2020, 09:54 AM
Yeah baseball needed to figure out a way to get more seats. Not just lofts but lounges, etc. Did they have this in mind for later down the road or did they just think about the lounges. You'd think with the demand for chairbacks, lounges, and lofts they'd be working to put more in. Great thing with baseball is they sell and us a waiting list.

How long is the waiting list for baseball chairbacks? I know there is one. I think it is good to have a waiting list because you always want demand. But I agree if the list is like 1000 people then adding some chairbacks would be ideal

Choctaw Dawg
01-22-2020, 10:28 AM

You bringing this up makes me mad that UAB has a indoor practice facility before we do.

MStateDawg
01-22-2020, 10:33 AM
How long is the waiting list for baseball chairbacks?

I have no idea how long the list is, but I know to buy charibacks in the new stadium they required us to pay 10 years worth of BDC seat royalties upfront (1/3 when you committed to buy seats, 1/3 when construction began & 1/3 prior to last year). So basically, since all chairbacks have been paid for for 10 years, I wouldn't expect many to become available prior to 2029.

ShotgunDawg
01-22-2020, 10:36 AM
You bringing this up makes me mad that UAB has a indoor practice facility before we do.

I mean.... we have an indoor practice facility

https://2f13yq12csmv2yraq925m73i-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/IRKJWEUOTPZVLWS.20080304002840.jpg

Pinto
01-22-2020, 10:38 AM
Could we add on uncovered upper level seats to the ends of the grandstands?

It would be a similar design layout to TD Ameritrade Stadium. They have 3 general admission sections on the end of the club level 2nd deck.

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/08/40/69/3b/td-ameritrade-park.jpg

StarkVegasSteve
01-22-2020, 11:51 AM
How long is the waiting list for baseball chairbacks? I know there is one. I think it is good to have a waiting list because you always want demand. But I agree if the list is like 1000 people then adding some chairbacks would be ideal

When the tickets for the new stadium came out you had to make a 10 yr commitment to your seats. So if that's the case I would assume the waiting list is 10 yrs.

Choctaw Dawg
01-22-2020, 12:17 PM

https://2f13yq12csmv2yraq925m73i-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/IRKJWEUOTPZVLWS.20080304002840.jpg

Yes but we need a bigger one, I'm positive the Palmeiro center isn't a full 100 yard field

confucius say
01-22-2020, 12:21 PM
When the tickets for the new stadium came out you had to make a 10 yr commitment to your seats. So if that's the case I would assume the waiting list is 10 yrs.

Yea but how many people are on the list is my question. I know i was told I got the last four chairbacks. I wanted six and only four were left. So I was told I was first on the waiting list. But I called to check later and was told that the waiting list would be slotted by bulldog club rank. Never was actually told what number I was on the list.

ShotgunDawg
01-22-2020, 12:22 PM
Yes but we need a bigger one, I'm positive the Palmeiro center isn't a full 100 yard field

I agree we NEED a bigger one, but to say that UAB got one before us is factually incorrect. We've been slow to build a new one because we already have a fully functional, nice indoor facility.

trob115
01-22-2020, 01:02 PM

It would be a similar design layout to TD Ameritrade Stadium. They have 3 general admission sections on the end of the club level 2nd deck.

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/08/40/69/3b/td-ameritrade-park.jpg

Yes, it is possible. It will be looked at in 6-8 yrs if ticket demand is there.

SheltonChoked
01-22-2020, 03:10 PM

Why would we do this to make them GA seats?

Doesn't it make more sense to get the extra money from selling them as Season Tickets (with the 10 year BDC commitment)?

Look I know it sucks that Baseball is sold out. But from a $$$$ perspective, they will never build GA seating. Because that means they overbuilt the number of seats.

Pinto
01-22-2020, 03:31 PM
Why would we do this to make them GA seats?

Doesn't it make more sense to get the extra money from selling them as Season Tickets (with the 10 year BDC commitment)?

Look I know it sucks that Baseball is sold out. But from a $$$$ perspective, they will never build GA seating. Because that means they overbuilt the number of seats.

Some thoughts here:
1) The new dude has very limited GA seating now. How do you grow your fanbase by not letting John Q. Public come be apart of the magic that is Dudy Noble. I love MSU baseball and it's history cause my Dad started taking me to games in the mid 80s sitting on the wood bleachers. MSU baseball should not become a game of the haves and have nots. That isn't they way to continue driving up the fanbase.

2) I currently sit in GA, but only cause I get to the game and hour before the gates even open. My kids ball hawk like Zach Hample so they are great with it. I love watching BP (even at pro stadiums) so I'm cool with it as well. However, in 4 years they will be past this stage. I'm not taking them to the game, once older, unless I know I have a seat. Again, do you want to keep building a fanbase or wait till the current one dies out?

3) I agree with the money aspect and know that dollars is what matters. Especially since it seems like we've gone back to the stay in the black era. However, do we really want an all exclusive ball park? Maybe the compromise is to open the two sections closest to the current grandstand for season tickets and leave the outer sections as GA.

confucius say
01-22-2020, 03:39 PM
Some thoughts here:
1) The new dude has very limited GA seating now. How do you grow your fanbase by not letting John Q. Public come be apart of the magic that is Dudy Noble. I love MSU baseball and it's history cause my Dad started taking me to games in the mid 80s sitting on the wood bleachers. MSU baseball should not become a game of the haves and have nots. That isn't they way to continue driving up the fanbase.

2) I currently sit in GA, but only cause I get to the game and hour before the gates even open. My kids ball hawk like Zach Hample so they are great with it. I love watching BP (even at pro stadiums) so I'm cool with it as well. However, in 4 years they will be past this stage. I'm not taking them to the game, once older, unless I know I have a seat. Again, do you want to keep building a fanbase or wait till the current one dies out?

3) I agree with the money aspect and know that dollars is what matters. Especially since it seems like we've gone back to the stay in the black era. However, do we really want an all exclusive ball park? Maybe the compromise is to open the two sections closest to the current grandstand for season tickets and leave the outer sections as GA.

You could do a hybrid where they are basically discounted season tix. Buy the seat on a one year basis for like $150 (instead of the 10 year, $1800 commitment which equals $180 a year) and tthe season ticket for $250 (instead of the normal $300). That is $400, or $33 a month, for a chairback seat and ticket to every home game.

MedDawg
01-22-2020, 03:41 PM
Yes, it is possible. It will be looked at in 6-8 yrs if ticket demand is there.

Surprised at the length of the timeframe, but at least it's being considered already.

Along with a couple sections of upper deck on one side we could take out a berm and add a couple lower decks on the 1st base side or one lower deck on the 3rd base side. Or add upper decks on both ends, one above a berm and one above new lower deck sections.

Still won't be GA, though. We could possibly sell all of it through season tickets right now. We would then approach LSU's #1 paid attendance, as they sell nearly 11k season tickets (all of their seating?) so their paid attendance numbers average about that. With our expandability for the biggest games that they don't have, we could pass them for #1 in attendance. Would look even more empty for our lesser games, but since LSU built the New Box it looks empty for their lesser games and no one seems to mention it.

defiantdog
01-22-2020, 03:47 PM
UAB's cost $22 mil & Oklahoma State's $19 mil. Not sure how that possible considering the final result

UAB's is in the middle of downtown Birmingham. Cost a little more to build something there than Stillwater (though Stillwater has to make something tornado resistant).

SheltonChoked
01-23-2020, 01:42 PM
Some thoughts here:

We have sold out all seating for 34 years. Have not had any trouble "Growing the fanbase" during that time so far...

I'm not suggesting a "Stay in the black Era".

Here are the Facts:

There is already a waiting list to get Chairback seats.

Removing 2 sections of seating revenue, so that during, AT BEST 10 DATES A YEAR, we can fill them, is a dumb way to run a program. And news flash, if they had 1000 GA seats available every game, you'd still have to get there before the gates open to get them for those 10 games a year.

Y'all act like you are not able to get in the park. You can. You can even sit down. We always had limited GA "Seating" and it doesn't matter for 24 home games now. The difference is instead of sitting in wooden or aluminum bleachers with no view of the infield, you can sit on the berms, the right field terrace, or along the rails.

Maybe we should have just make Lounge spots in Left Field so they could have kept the bleachers. Or just gotten rid of them Lounge completely, We could have gotten 10,000 bleacher seats out there.

I counted the games that we had last year that there were "no available seats"

Auburn Fri, Sat
LSU Fri, Sat
Bama Fri, Sat
USC Sat

CMU
Stanford Sat, Sun

Get the Mobile season ticket, and There are only 7 regular season games you might have an issue getting a seat.

MaroonBelle
01-23-2020, 03:09 PM
If you want one of the new mobile ticket passes for GA/chairbacks if available there are only 75 left so better get on it.

https://twitter.com/RhettHobart/status/1220437065650835457

Pinto
01-23-2020, 03:41 PM
We have sold out all seating for 34 years. Have not had any trouble "Growing the fanbase" during that time so far...

I'm not suggesting a "Stay in the black Era".

Here are the Facts:

There is already a waiting list to get Chairback seats.

Removing 2 sections of seating revenue, so that during, AT BEST 10 DATES A YEAR, we can fill them, is a dumb way to run a program. And news flash, if they had 1000 GA seats available every game, you'd still have to get there before the gates open to get them for those 10 games a year.

Y'all act like you are not able to get in the park. You can. You can even sit down. We always had limited GA "Seating" and it doesn't matter for 24 home games now. The difference is instead of sitting in wooden or aluminum bleachers with no view of the infield, you can sit on the berms, the right field terrace, or along the rails.

Maybe we should have just make Lounge spots in Left Field so they could have kept the bleachers. Or just gotten rid of them Lounge completely, We could have gotten 10,000 bleacher seats out there.

I counted the games that we had last year that there were "no available seats"

Auburn Fri, Sat
LSU Fri, Sat
Bama Fri, Sat
USC Sat

CMU
Stanford Sat, Sun

Get the Mobile season ticket, and There are only 7 regular season games you might have an issue getting a seat.

Way to miss the point guy, but great rant.

Offshore Dawg
01-23-2020, 07:46 PM

Is this an old picture, because I thought I saw pictures of maroon covering over the plywood walls last year.
Plus there is another 40 yard indoor playing field.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
01-23-2020, 07:56 PM

Can you provide the MLS link for it?

SheltonChoked
01-24-2020, 12:12 PM
Way to miss the point guy, but great rant.

I got your point.

That somehow, by selling out all of our seats for decades, MSU baseball will become unpopular because a random fan that's not committed enough to buy season tickets, cannot go to 5-10 games a year without getting there early.

Cry me a river.

Want to take your kids to a MSU game to get them "bought in"?

Check them out of school, go to a weekday game and let them sit by the dugout. High School kids get College visit days, use one of them.

Or just go to any of the early season games.

But we are able to have the best park in baseball BECAUSE WE SELL OUT ALL THE SEATS.

Pinto
01-24-2020, 06:12 PM
Missed it again, but keep swinging big cat.

IMissJack
01-25-2020, 12:55 PM
Some thoughts here:

It has become a set of have and have nots. The stadium is wonderful, but it was entirely set up for locals. I have lived in TX for 25 years and have always come back for a few games, tournaments, etc. and had plenty of GA options. Not now. I'm not going to sit on the grass and fight kids the whole game, and don't want to beg my friends for seats. I plan on possibly retiring to Starkville sometime, but will not have many options on gamedays. Like the OP, my father took me and my brother to MSU games starting in the late 70's where we sat on the old wooden bleachers on the baselines. We are not going to develop a new generation of "kid" fans if they can't get in the games easily.

Joebob
01-25-2020, 04:38 PM
It has become a set of have and have nots. The stadium is wonderful, but it was entirely set up for locals. I have lived in TX for 25 years and have always come back for a few games, tournaments, etc. and had plenty of GA options. Not now. I'm not going to sit on the grass and fight kids the whole game, and don't want to beg my friends for seats. I plan on possibly retiring to Starkville sometime, but will not have many options on gamedays. Like the OP, my father took me and my brother to MSU games starting in the late 70's where we sat on the old wooden bleachers on the baselines. We are not going to develop a new generation of "kid" fans if they can't get in the games easily.

I live in Texas too and have thought about bringing my wife to the Dude so she can experience it, but after reading about the problems with getting GA seats I’m not so sure. Guess I’ll have to see if guaranteed seats are available on Stub Hub.

MedDawg
01-25-2020, 09:18 PM
I live in Texas too and have thought about bringing my wife to the Dude so she can experience it, but after reading about the problems with getting GA seats I?m not so sure. Guess I?ll have to see if guaranteed seats are available on Stub Hub.

I think there were always tickets on StubHub for reserved seats. Might be tougher to find on later SEC Saturdays and Super Bulldog Weekend.

Todd4State
01-26-2020, 05:21 PM

You have to go on stubhub or somewhere like that now to get tickets in seats. In a way it's better because if someone sells you their ticket you don't have to sit on the grass, bleachers, or anything else and unless StubHub screwed up it's your seat for that game so you don't have to worry about sitting in someone's seat that's "Ah've been sitting here since Ron Polk became the coach! Now MOVE before I ah call the police!"

Tickets are always at a premium on SBW and SR and that's not really any different.

RocketDawg
01-26-2020, 05:25 PM

How do they know the season ticket holder for a particular seat won't show up late for the game? Does the Mobile Ticket only apply after a certain number of innings?

confucius say
01-26-2020, 10:10 PM
How do they know the season ticket holder for a particular seat won't show up late for the game? Does the Mobile Ticket only apply after a certain number of innings?

They are guessing based on that season ticket holder's prior ticket scan data. But if he/she does show up, the rule is you just move to another empty chairback seat.

And no, it applies from first pitch of the game.

BrunswickDawg
01-27-2020, 09:42 AM

But hasn't it been this way since the grandstand was built in the 80s? Chairbacks have been sold out since 1986. LFL has been sold out since they started allowing rigs. The old Dude had shitty metal bleachers that you had to sit sideways in order to see the batter. I spent many a SEC weekend from 92-95 without seats because I didn't get there early enough for a spot in those shitty bleachers and you had no place other than rightfield to be able to stand and watch a game. At least now you can see the field.

SheltonChoked
01-27-2020, 12:21 PM

Most of you are miss remembering the 1980's. You talk like you had a guaranteed seat then and you have to fight for one now and you priorities are different as an adult vs when you were a kid. You dad probably felt the same way about kids running around and getting there early for the shitty bleacher seats.

I grew up going to MSU games in the 1980's as well. I played baseball behind the first base beachers, and climbed the trees in right. I sat at the bottom of the chin link outfield fence to watch the game or we sat in the bleachers. I was there in April of 89, and did not see a pitch due to the crowd.

What I remember is this about the 80's and 90's.

For huge games, you had to get there early and fight for seats and you probably could not see the game. For 90% of games, you could sit where you wanted.

Now, for huge games, you have to fight for a seat but you can see the whole field. For 85% of games, you can sit where you want.

In the 90's, I'd leave class and sit in a rig in Left or next to the dugout to watch the games.

Again, except for 7 of 32 home games last year, you had no problem sitting just about wherever you want. You might have to move out of a season ticket holders seat.

Or you can bring a chair and sit with view of the filed on the grass (vs bleachers with no view of the infield)

Or you can stand on the concourse that surrounds the field where you can watch the game.

The bullshit about "It's going to cost us fans" is being a snowflake. We have sold out every chairback and all the LFL spots for 34 years. Don't you think it would have cost us fans by now?

Oh, and I'm taking my family to a couple of games this year. We planned on going to an early series, so we won't have trouble sitting where we want.

Did the same thing last year.

Maroonthirteen
01-27-2020, 12:44 PM
What i remember about the old dude, is the ushers that keep the commoners out of the chairbacks until after the 4th inning. You were not getting in those chairbacks before the 5th..... at least on sec weekends.

The mobile ticket is a nice option for us that don't have season tickets but want to go regularly.