PDA

View Full Version : Don't look now but OM

dawgday166
01-21-2020, 12:48 PM
Is cranking up getting those 4* significantly out of state cruits again. I think we'll be ok but just saying.

ShotgunDawg
01-21-2020, 12:53 PM
Watch Oxford become an "Amazing place" again. Incredible how the quality of the town fluctuates depending on what coaching staff is in place

BiscuitEater
01-21-2020, 12:53 PM
IMO .. they have 'a lot' ($$$$) to offer!

ShotgunDawg
01-21-2020, 12:55 PM
It'll be interesting to see if the national media gets skeptical if they start landing some real guys that the blue bloods want

dawgday166
01-21-2020, 12:56 PM
It'll be interesting to see if the national media gets skeptical if they start landing some real guys that the blue bloods want

Per offers on 247 ... some blue bloods wanted one of these guys. One's from Maryland and the other is from Miami. I think the Miami dude is one that had blue blood offers.

ShotgunDawg
01-21-2020, 12:59 PM
Per offers on 247 ... some blue bloods wanted one of these guys. One's from Maryland and the other is from Miami. I think the Miami dude is one that had blue blood offers.

247 offers is a meh way to look at it. A large percentage of those "offers" aren't commitable

Most of these schools offer hundreds of players. It's more about "who do the blue bloods want?" and figuring that out actually involves following the player's recruitment, which is obviously much more difficult

the blue bloods did not want Clowney. Why? IDK

confucius say
01-21-2020, 01:22 PM
They are going to recruit around 15-20 on average going forward. Get use to it. They put a premium on recruiting in general and especially with this staff. I mean nix is their wr coach and knows nothing more about coaching wr than what he has heard in meeting rooms.

HRTFXR
01-21-2020, 01:40 PM
Is cranking up getting those 4* significantly out of state cruits again. I think we'll be ok but just saying.

I think that the more appropriate que$tion is "will UNM be okay"...

Tbonewannabe
01-21-2020, 01:40 PM
Kind of weird that UM gets a defensive recruit from Maryland. You would think that a lot of players wouldn't want to play for Durkin after everything came out. It isn't like it was very long ago.

BeardoMSU
01-21-2020, 02:07 PM
ou would think that a lot of players wouldn't want to play for Durkin after everything came out. It isn't like it was very long ago.

I guess people just don't care.

I mean, Penn State still gets 'cruits and they're in a totally different stratosphere of ****ed-up-ness than Durkin...

fishwater99
01-21-2020, 02:15 PM

If they get a Top 5 class again and no doubt there will be questions.

DEDawg
01-21-2020, 02:25 PM
Watch Oxford become an "Amazing place" again. Incredible how the quality of the town fluctuates depending on what coaching staff is in place

whoever that 4* RB they got was quoted saying it was incredible and he just knew it was home.. he committed a couple hours after stepping foot in oxford for the first time ever

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-21-2020, 02:30 PM
whoever that 4* RB they got was quoted saying it was incredible and he just knew it was home.. he committed a couple hours after stepping foot in oxford for the first time ever

So if Kj Costello does the same thing this weekend will that be ok?

Cowbell
01-21-2020, 02:31 PM

No klansman meeting that weekend**

DEDawg
01-21-2020, 02:44 PM

duh. we usually just don't get that lucky

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-21-2020, 02:47 PM

Why hail yet it is. This is college recruiting, it's full of hypocrites and cheaters.

dawgday166
01-21-2020, 02:50 PM

That seems to be the way it happens usually. There's just something extra special about Oxford **"

confucius say
01-21-2020, 02:53 PM

Costello would be coming for one reason only: Leach. He already was looking at wash st before we hired leach

Tbonewannabe
01-21-2020, 02:56 PM
That seems to be the way it happens usually. There's just something extra special about Oxford **"

Is this the RB that was dropped by multiple people already or is that a different RB?

ZedFedder
01-21-2020, 03:02 PM
The LB was dropped by LSU.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-21-2020, 03:07 PM
Costello would be coming for one reason only: Leach. He already was looking at wash st before we hired leach

that RB had a relationship with Kiffin. He was offered by FAU.

msu15
01-21-2020, 03:16 PM
Yawn

Really Clark?
01-21-2020, 03:19 PM

Parrish didn’t have any where else to go in P5 and had visited FAU and Kiffin in Oct. This is them committing player that unfortunately has dropping stock even though he is still listed as a 4 star player, it is for appearances and rankings.

confucius say
01-21-2020, 03:23 PM
that RB had a relationship with Kiffin. He was offered by FAU.

Ok. But That cuts against his reason for going being oxford and how it just felt like home. That's my point.

Offshore Dawg
01-21-2020, 03:53 PM
Ok. But That cuts against his reason for going being oxford and how it just felt like home. That's my point.

Home is where the free tail and cash is.

confucius say
01-21-2020, 03:59 PM
Home is where the free tail and cash is.

Not enough of either at my home

dawgday166
01-21-2020, 04:05 PM
Is this the RB that was dropped by multiple people already or is that a different RB?

Don't know. I figure these guys may not be too in demand right now. I just saw the 4* and where they were from. Figured also if there were qualification issues OM will find a way.

Bothrops
01-21-2020, 04:15 PM
These are kinda run of the mill SEC players, tbh.

Jack Lambert
01-21-2020, 05:02 PM
They are going to get 4 stars just like us. Hell they only have two committed. Ya'll act like it like the peak of Freeze's years.

Spiderman
01-21-2020, 05:57 PM

Yes, because he has one year and wants to show the NFL what he has. Makes sense to want to play for Leach.

A RB from Florida that has to pass every school on his list to get to OM, falls in love because "all he needed was ONE GOOD LOOK to know it was the place for him."

Give me an F'ing Break. Like somebody said, amazing it hasn't been so beautiful the last 3 years. That early signing fiasco had put them over the edge. Notice they rehired Nix after it was over. It's 2012 all over again

dawgpound
01-21-2020, 06:04 PM
Stars don't win championships

DEDawg
01-21-2020, 07:27 PM

this is such an ignorant take, yes they do. Last 10 years: Auburn, Alabama, FSU, OSU, Clemson, LSU. I'm not gonna look up their rankings but i'd guarantee they all averaged top 5 classes the 3 prior years to their championships

Cooterpoot
01-21-2020, 07:31 PM
OM just own some of y'all

Really Clark?
01-21-2020, 07:39 PM
this is such an ignorant take, yes they do. Last 10 years: Auburn, Alabama, FSU, OSU, Clemson, LSU. I'm not gonna look up their rankings but i'd guarantee they all averaged top 5 classes the 3 prior years to their championships

Clemson is an outlier. They averaged 12th and 9th was their highest ranking the 3 years prior to their first title. But otherwise you are pretty close.

dawgday166
01-21-2020, 07:47 PM
Clemson is an outlier. They averaged 12th and 9th was their highest ranking the 3 years prior to their first title. But otherwise you are pretty close.

I imagine AU is an outlier too. Common theme to both Clemson and AU is elite QB play in Cam & Deshaun Watson. AU also made title game with Nick Marshall and they probably didn't average top 5 either. AU usually recruits top 10 not top 5 most of time.

BuckyIsAB****
01-21-2020, 08:00 PM
It is OM's biggest sport! January football recruiting time! Hang a banner

ShotgunDawg
01-21-2020, 08:47 PM

Stars are about 50% of it, 30% is coaching, & 20% is culture.

You can win games with coaching & culture. Really you can win about 8 games a year with that, but you aren't winning a championship without players

ShotgunDawg
01-21-2020, 08:48 PM

Correct, but they also suck when the coaching is bad or the culture is rotten.

It take all 3 to really win.

ShotgunDawg
01-21-2020, 08:48 PM
I imagine AU is an outlier too. Common theme to both Clemson and AU is elite QB play in Cam & Deshaun Watson. AU also made title game with Nick Marshall and they probably didn't average top 5 either. AU usually recruits top 10 not top 5 most of time.

AU takes more risks on bad makeup kids that are highly rated than anyone else.

That's why their win/loss total can be so volatile

Matt3467
01-21-2020, 11:26 PM
Correct, but they also suck when the coaching is bad or the culture is rotten.

It take all 3 to really win.

Eh not really. I wouldn't say Chizik was a good coach. Sometimes talent transcends.

ShotgunDawg
01-21-2020, 11:36 PM
Eh not really. I wouldn't say Chizik was a good coach. Sometimes talent transcends.

They had Malzahn as OC. They definitely had coaching

Todd4State
01-21-2020, 11:41 PM

That's one special player at the most important position in the sport. I think that's kind of what happened with LSU this year too. And yes, I do think Coach O is better than Chizik.