PDA

View Full Version : Scott Lashley confirmed enrolled at MSU.

Lord McBuckethead
01-19-2020, 01:55 PM
Good deal. Should have been here since day 1.

Dawgology
01-19-2020, 01:58 PM
I would love to get the inside scoop from him on his recruitment. I saw him at Cracker Barrel in Columbus a few days before signing day and he was decked out in State gear. I talked to him and his family briefly because we were sat next to each other and got up to leave at the same time. I said ?this looks to be good news for MSU?. He said ?yep! Can?t wait to be a Bulldog?. And one of the older females with him said he had been wanting to play at State his whole life. The video announcement thing for Bama REALLY surprised me a couple days later.

Bdawg
01-19-2020, 01:59 PM
Is he a graduate? How many years does he have?

timotheus
01-19-2020, 02:03 PM
He did graduate from BAMA. he is a RS senior.

HoopsDawg
01-19-2020, 02:03 PM
great news. We have 4 tackles that can play ball.

ShotgunDawg
01-19-2020, 02:05 PM
Fantastic. And here for Spring.

Competition makes everyone better. This is only a good thing

timotheus
01-19-2020, 02:07 PM
I'm expecting all of the OL guys to be a bit more fit and trim by august

msudawg1200
01-19-2020, 02:08 PM
Is he really that good? He never started a game at Bama. He played 58 snaps this year and 78 last year.

HailStateSZN19
01-19-2020, 02:10 PM
https://twitter.com/scottlashley76/status/1218293113128652800?s=21

Dude got trimmed up and built up. He looks like a monster.

ShotgunDawg
01-19-2020, 02:11 PM
Is he really that good? He never started a game at Bama. He played 58 snaps this year and 78 last year.

Hard to say. He’s had 1st round talents in front of him.

Glad he’s here for Spring. Would rather us get to find out if he’s good vs someone else getting to find out

HoopsDawg
01-19-2020, 02:12 PM

Bama's 2 starting tackles are both going to the NFL. One declared early entry. The other will get drafted next year.

ShotgunDawg
01-19-2020, 02:13 PM
I realize people say “how can we beat Bama with their castoffs?”

Well, how about we worry about beating Kentucky, OM, NC State, Missouri, A&M, and Auburn first?

I bet Bama castoffs can help with that

TALL DAWG
01-19-2020, 02:16 PM
I would love to get the inside scoop from him on his recruitment. I saw him at Cracker Barrel in Columbus a few days before signing day and he was decked out in State gear. I talked to him and his family briefly because we were sat next to each other and got up to leave at the same time. I said ?this looks to be good news for MSU?. He said ?yep! Can?t wait to be a Bulldog?. And one of the older females with him said he had been wanting to play at State his whole life. The video announcement thing for Bama REALLY surprised me a couple days later.

If u rea$ly do no$ know wha$ happen I do no$ know wha$ to tel$ you...

HoopsDawg
I realize people say “how can we beat Bama with their castoffs?”

Well, how about we worry about beating Kentucky, OM, NC State, Missouri, A&M, and Auburn first?

I bet Bama castoffs can help with that

True, but all you ever have to say is Justin Fields and Joe Burrow didn't win starting jobs at their respective schools.

shoeless joe
When Scott came out of high school he was as raw as they get. Nothing was certain except for his size and build. If he had signed at state it would have seem ho hum because that’s what he was “supposed” to do. So he decided to win the press conference, if you will, by signing with the vaunted Bama. In this part of the state there are actually more kids that are fond of Bama than state. So it elevated him in the eyes of his peers to sign with Bama. I’m sure some things could have been done differently by our staff at the time but that’s basically what happened.

Good kid and I’m glad to have him

CadaverDawg
01-19-2020, 02:19 PM

He's a veteran OL that has been under Saban for 4 years.....so he's better depth than the alternatives

TUSK
01-19-2020, 02:24 PM
OTs Wills & Leatherwood were both expected to go in the 1st round at some point over the last year or so...

Leatherwood apparently didn't get a good enough grade and decided to come back for his SR year...

Todd4State
01-19-2020, 02:29 PM
Interesting that Lashley and Cole Smith came back as soon as Hevesy left and they had the first opportunity to do so. He was so lazy at recruiting it's infuriating that we allowed it to happen so long. And he's overrated as a coach where he is average at best and not good enough to overcome his lack of recruiting.

Our OT's were part of the problem in 2018 so they did their part- especially at OT where Eiland was completely abused all year long.

defiantdog
01-19-2020, 02:32 PM
In Saban's defense...... you recruit as many OLs as you possibly can..... it's the one position where a 4 star can bust and a 2 star can be an all pro

timotheus
01-19-2020, 02:34 PM
I expect hevesy like a demeanor from Mason Miller, the meanest and toughest will get PT.

DeputyDawg94
01-19-2020, 02:37 PM
Hev was the reason I didn’t get to upset with Lashley going to Bama. Can’t blame the kid for not wanting to be around that all the time.

KOdawg1
01-19-2020, 02:42 PM
Is he a LT or RT?

TUSK
01-19-2020, 02:44 PM
Is he a LT or RT?

Lima Tango.

edit: He did play both... depth chart lists him behind Leatherwood, but I saw him play behind Wills some, too....

Todd4State
01-19-2020, 02:44 PM
I expect hevesy like a demeanor from Mason Miller, the meanest and toughest will get PT.

And that's fine. As long as he recruits and does his job. And isn't treated like a sacred cow.

Todd4State
01-19-2020, 02:45 PM
Is he a LT or RT?

Based on our needs I bet we use him at LT.

Cooterpoot
01-19-2020, 03:45 PM
Hev was the reason I didn’t get to upset with Lashley going to Bama. Can’t blame the kid for not wanting to be around that all the time.

Hev is a damn good OL coach. Don't fool yourself. He's not the reason Lashley signed with AL. Cole though...

Jarius
01-19-2020, 04:07 PM

I expect him to play RT. Cross will be our LT

ShotgunDawg
01-19-2020, 04:12 PM
I expect him to play RT. Cross will be our LT

With how big our splits will be, would Eiland potentially play guard?

DeputyDawg94
01-19-2020, 04:14 PM
Hev is a damn good OL coach. Don't fool yourself. He's not the reason Lashley signed with AL. Cole though...
No doubt Hev is a good coach. Did a lot with a little and I understand that $$$ helped with Lashleys decision to go to Bama. Hev is a complete ass tho. He ran plenty of players off, not just OL.

maroonmania
01-19-2020, 04:23 PM

Well, now that we will be running the Leach offense, how much he or any OL play will come down to how well guys can pass block.

AROB44
01-19-2020, 04:35 PM
Hev is one of the best OL coaches we have ever had. Recruiting definitely was a shortcoming.

DeputyDawg94
01-19-2020, 04:39 PM
Hev is one of the best OL coaches we have ever had. Recruiting definitely was a shortcoming.

Yep. He did a great job coaching up the talent we had.

Coursesuper
01-19-2020, 04:41 PM

Eiland may very well struggle in this offense, the splits are significantly wider than what we have played. They will start wide and may get wider depending on what the defense is doing.

maroonmania
01-19-2020, 04:44 PM
Yep. He did a great job coaching up the talent we had.

Yep, but he was hamstrung by the level of talent he could recruit just like bad OL coaches that can recruit are hamstrung by the level of development they can perform.

HoopsDawg
01-19-2020, 05:32 PM

Don't see him as a guard at all.

ShotgunDawg
01-19-2020, 05:33 PM
Don't see him as a guard at all.

Certainly not in a traditional offense, but with splits as big as Leach's, doesn't every OL become kind of tackle?

HoopsDawg
01-19-2020, 05:36 PM
Certainly not in a traditional offense, but with splits as big as Leach's, doesn't every OL become kind of tackle?

are there any running plays that aren't a delayed handoff to the RB?

Turfdawg67
01-19-2020, 07:55 PM
Interesting that Lashley and Cole Smith came back as soon as Hevesy left and they had the first opportunity to do so. He was so lazy at recruiting it's infuriating that we allowed it to happen so long. And he's overrated as a coach where he is average at best and not good enough to overcome his lack of recruiting.

Our OT's were part of the problem in 2018 so they did their part- especially at OT where Eiland was completely abused all year long.

Jeez... let it go. Hev's been gone 3 years now and these two weren't beating down the door as soon as he left. And he did a lot with his 2-3 star recruits. Without him they performed like you would expect.

Spiderman
01-19-2020, 08:02 PM

Except Dak. And he found Chris Jones. And Elgin Jenkins and a bunch of other undervalued players, especially on the OL. Hev catches shit because there were a few prima donnas who he "scared' off. Most were pussies who never did anything anyway. Maybe he did us a favor.

I was around Hev, he was a yankee jerk. His wife was nuts, but he could coach and identify talent.

And it took a mentally tough dirt bag to play for him. I'd say he did ok.

Some kids want a chance or a challenge. Some are scared of that challenge. Don't need one like that anyway

preachermatt83
01-20-2020, 08:38 AM
He's a veteran OL that has been under Saban for 4 years.....so he's better depth than the alternatives

He?s more than ?depth?. I would be surprised if he don?t start for us.

Cooterpoot
01-20-2020, 09:02 AM
He?s more than ?depth?. I would be surprised if he don?t start for us.

He's not going to beat out Cross. He'll have to beat out our RT.