PDA

View Full Version : Tony Hughes Retained

Really Clark?
01-17-2020, 11:38 AM
Bruce Feldman reporting that Hughes will be retained by Leach. What we all thought would happen but glad for it

Commercecomet24
01-17-2020, 11:39 AM
Very good decision by Coach Leach. We needed to keep Tony. Glad to see this!

Coursesuper
01-17-2020, 11:47 AM
This was a have to.

Todd4State
01-17-2020, 11:50 AM
Home run!

Now we just need to get our DC and his staff.

Saltydog
01-17-2020, 12:21 PM
It was a no brainer and honestly, I'm surprised it took this long. I would've liked to have seen us keep Shoop and T Buck though but Shoop is apparently gone to coach under another weirdo at Michigan.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-17-2020, 12:22 PM
Tony never stopped working it's been business as usual for him. Just got announced today.

BrickCityDawgs
01-17-2020, 12:25 PM
I have been told that Terrell Buckley will be retained as well, barring something unforeseen

Walkerhill
01-17-2020, 12:44 PM
Is it safe to assume that Hughes is sliding back to safeties then? Shoop was safety coach and it seems more likely that Hughes would slide to defense on a Leach staff.

Todd4State
01-17-2020, 12:47 PM
Is it safe to assume that Hughes is sliding back to safeties then? Shoop was safety coach and it seems more likely that Hughes would slide to defense on a Leach staff.

Probably so since Leach let's his DC just be the DC at least in title.

defiantdog
01-17-2020, 01:01 PM
Sounds like Leach has his DC if decisions are being made on that side of the call

Coursesuper
01-17-2020, 01:07 PM
Sounds like Leach has his DC if decisions are being made on that side of the call

Dead period is over and he's on the road, had to get this out there as official he's on the staff.

smootness
01-17-2020, 01:33 PM
Hughes is the kind of guy you retain no matter what and tell the DC he will be on his staff. He's just too important to recruiting and in-state ties.

Turfdawg67
01-17-2020, 05:48 PM
I have been told that Terrell Buckley will be retained as well, barring something unforeseen

I don't get the TBuck love. Seems like a good dude, but the only time I remember our secondary being really good is when Sweat & Simmons were causing the QB to make quick decisions. Is he a great recruiter?

lastmajordog
01-17-2020, 05:53 PM
Please tell me Peterson has been retained and promoted (hopefully).

HailStateSZN19
01-17-2020, 05:56 PM
Please tell me Peterson has been retained and promoted (hopefully).

He's definitely been retained. He's been on the road recruiting all day today. Been to see Jaden Walley, Alex Adams, and Armondous Cooley that I've seen on Twitter.

Todd4State
01-17-2020, 06:04 PM
I don't get the TBuck love. Seems like a good dude, but the only time I remember our secondary being really good is when Sweat & Simmons were causing the QB to make quick decisions. Is he a great recruiter?

I think he's pretty good. Dantzler was recruited by him and is now going to be in the NFL. Dantzler, Smitherman, and Peters were good last year. He found Martin Emerson who looks like he is going to be good. He helped us land Emmanuel Forbes this year. All corners are going to get beat some. It happens.

Todd4State
01-17-2020, 06:06 PM
Dead period is over and he's on the road, had to get this out there as official he's on the staff.

This may be why we are waiting on the DC hires. Assuming that we hired Hughes and T-Buck that means we can put guys like Peterson and Rod Gibson on the road to recruit.

trojandawg
01-17-2020, 06:17 PM
Who is coaching special team? Has that been announced? That would be a good one for Peterson to move up to if we moved him to the field.

Coursesuper
01-17-2020, 06:24 PM
This may be why we are waiting on the DC hires. Assuming that we hired Hughes and T-Buck that means we can put guys like Peterson and Rod Gibson on the road to recruit.

Where did this Buckley is returning stuff come from, is this some Rosey stuff?

Todd4State
01-17-2020, 06:29 PM
Who is coaching special team? Has that been announced? That would be a good one for Peterson to move up to if we moved him to the field.

Matt Brock

Where did this Buckley is returning stuff come from, is this some Rosey stuff?

No idea where it originates or if it's even true. That's why I said assuming. Sounds like it's coming from fans though. It's plausible- but I haven't seen it confirmed by any media members or anything like that.

lastmajordog
01-17-2020, 08:58 PM
He's definitely been retained. He's been on the road recruiting all day today. Been to see Jaden Walley, Alex Adams, and Armondous Cooley that I've seen on Twitter.
I’m really glad. I don’t think most “DOG” fans realize what an incredible football coach and mind they have with BP. I reiterate he did things in HS losing team to winners that boggled my mind....

DogsofAnarchy
01-17-2020, 10:14 PM
It was more important to keep Tony Hughes than it was to keep Buckley.