PDA

View Full Version : Lol, Napier....

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Can't wait for Napier to explain to his assistants how he made most of them lose $100+K

We're about to find out how good coach O really is.

https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/status/1217881332086296576

Indndawg
01-16-2020, 02:09 PM
He's a blundering, egotistical bufoon. Yes, I admit I wanted him based on resume. Now...not so much. Wondering out loud how much attrition will happen from the asst. coaches.

OLJWales
01-16-2020, 02:09 PM
LSU'S bout to PAY for some new coordinators.

KB21
01-16-2020, 02:20 PM
I think Mississippi State is better off. They have a head coach who has 18 years of power 5 level head coaching experience.

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2020, 02:23 PM
I think Mississippi State is better off. They have a head coach who has 18 years of power 5 level head coaching experience.

Absolutely. I don't think anyone knew Leach was a real option at the time we all wanted Napier

DLGDawg
01-16-2020, 02:29 PM

I agree. I think Coach Leach is exactly what we need at this point in time.

TrapGame
01-16-2020, 02:49 PM
I really wanted Napier to begin with. But now I think we dodged a bullet. Mike Leach was a BIG hire.

I guess that charity in Baton Rouge will be churning out more cash for asst. coaches.

You never know though. Next year w/ some teams taking a slide and us upgrading our head coaching position five fold (at least) we might have one of those out of nowhere Cinderella-type seasons.

That would be sweet!

HailStateSZN19
01-16-2020, 02:51 PM
Napier? Never heard of her.....

StateDawg44
01-16-2020, 02:53 PM
LSU'S bout to PAY for some new coordinators.

Yeah... and we will possibly be shopping the same market as LSU for a DC together. Not ideal.

bobtail bob
01-16-2020, 02:56 PM
I would have supported Napier and given him a chance but he always had a Jim McElwain vibe to me

TheLostDawg
01-16-2020, 03:00 PM
Yeah... and we will possibly be shopping the same market as LSU for a DC together. Not ideal.

Yes scary and we better hurry up and sign somebody

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-16-2020, 03:13 PM

makes you wonder if some of our candidates were aware of Aranda leaving and were waiting it out, hence why we haven't hired one yet.

TrapGame
01-16-2020, 03:14 PM
makes you wonder if some of our candidates were aware of Aranda leaving and were waiting it out, hence why we haven't hired one yet.

Damn. I was just gonna post the same thing. It is very possible.

dawgs
01-16-2020, 03:21 PM
I really wanted Napier to begin with. But now I think we dodged a bullet. Mike Leach was a BIG hire.

I guess that charity in Baton Rouge will be churning out more cash for asst. coaches.

You never know though. Next year w/ some teams taking a slide and us upgrading our head coaching position five fold (at least) we might have one of those out of nowhere Cinderella-type seasons.

That would be sweet!

Ha, I sent a similar text to some friends the other day. With the on and off field turnover at LSU, bama seemingly as vulnerable as they've been in a decade, Auburn and A&M continuing to be rollercoasters, and OM and Arkansas still I n rebuild mode, there's an opportunity for leach to string together something these first few years if he had a QB and some WRs that can catch. Not saying we are winning the west or anything, but I don't think any game is "unwinnable" the way 2019 LSU was or most bama games from the last decade.

Johnson85
01-16-2020, 03:26 PM
Yes scary and we better hurry up and sign somebody

Not really. If there was a particularly desirable unemployed DC we were after, that would suck. But we aren't going to be in the same part of the market as them. If LSU's hire impacts us, it will be because of some domino effect where they poach a sitting DC from a program who then is bidding against us for our DC candidate.

Todd4State
01-16-2020, 04:41 PM
Aranda to Baylor per Twitter.

PMDawg
01-16-2020, 04:47 PM

Can't wait for Napier to explain to his assistants how he made most of them lose $100+K

We're about to find out how good coach O really is.

https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/status/1217881332086296576

I don't think his turning us down had anything to do with Baylor. I think he just didn't want our job for whatever reason. And that's fine. Apparently Cohen made him the best offer (well, pitch maybe) he could and made him say no. Which he did. Oh well. We'll all move on. State fans will just keep an eye on Napier's career going forward, and there will be folks on both sides wondering what might have been. I know I won't ever lose any sleep over it.

Todd4State
01-16-2020, 04:48 PM
I don't think his turning us down had anything to do with Baylor. I think he just didn't want our job for whatever reason. And that's fine. Apparently Cohen made him the best offer (well, pitch maybe) he could and made him say no. Which he did. Oh well. We'll all move on. State fans will just keep an eye on Napier's career going forward, and there will be folks on both sides wondering what might have been. I know I won't ever lose any sleep over it.

It's still puzzling to turn down that much money.

Randolph Dupree
01-16-2020, 04:51 PM
Where this will get dicey for Napier is if he has a let down season next year. Those G5 guys can go from highly coveted to off the radar really quick. In reality, he's a key injury or two away from a let down year. Just imagine if he goes 6-6 or worse and USCe opens and all of a sudden there's somebody more popular and Napier doesn't even get consideration. Ouch.

TrapGame
01-16-2020, 04:59 PM

I believe Napier's agent was giving him bad advice. I think he feels holding out for South Carolina is the best thing to do in the long run but sometimes you have to strike when the iron is hot.

TrapGame
01-16-2020, 05:00 PM
Where this will get dicey for Napier is if he has a let down season next year. Those G5 guys can go from highly coveted to off the radar really quick. In reality, he's a key injury or two away from a let down year. Just imagine if he goes 6-6 or worse and USCe opens and all of a sudden there's somebody more popular and Napier doesn't even get consideration. Ouch.

You know what would be funny as hell? South Carolina hires Gene Chizik after next season.

Ezsoil
01-16-2020, 05:15 PM

Well honestLy the jobs in the east ARE incredibly easier...you basically start with 3 gimmie conference games add in your four non conference games and you only have to win two or three of the remaining games to be in a NY6 conversation.

ShotgunDawg
01-16-2020, 05:16 PM
Update

Barkman Turner Overdrive
01-16-2020, 07:28 PM
Update

That put a smile on my face. Cmon, Aranda, make it so.

msudawg1200
01-16-2020, 07:38 PM
Boy, Napier must be real confident in himself. He is just a couple of 6-6?s and 5-7?s(which is very possible at ULL)from being thrown out with yesterday?s trash. What a buffoon. Napier is now saying he is staying at ULL. Yeah, no crap because Baylor said no thanks.

Todd4State
01-16-2020, 07:39 PM
Well honestLy the jobs in the east ARE incredibly easier...you basically start with 3 gimmie conference games add in your four non conference games and you only have to win two or three of the remaining games to be in a NY6 conversation.

But the pay is similar. It's also potentially more lucrative if you take say, Mississippi State to the Sugar Bowl because you probably had to beat Alabama or LSU to pull it off.

If he wants to go to South Carolina because he's from there- that's understandable. But it's also really risky to put all his eggs in that basket too.

Dawgology
01-16-2020, 08:06 PM
I believe Napier's agent was giving him bad advice. I think he feels holding out for South Carolina is the best thing to do in the long run but sometimes you have to strike when the iron is hot.

Pretty sure it was probably his Ole Miss agent trying to squeeze State for money while talking shit because he knew Napier was our high choice. Then Leach comes in the picture and we seal the deal. As usual...Ole Miss shenanigans bite them in the ass. They will never learn.

OLJWales
01-16-2020, 08:08 PM
Ole Miss Sucks.

RocketDawg
01-16-2020, 08:19 PM
Pretty sure it was probably his Ole Miss agent trying to squeeze State for money while talking shit because he knew Napier was our high choice. Then Leach comes in the picture and we seal the deal. As usual...Ole Miss shenanigans bite them in the ass. They will never learn.

If that's the case, he needs to find another agent. Don't agents typically get 10%? He cost himself a large hunk of change it he was that petty.

viverlibre
01-16-2020, 08:30 PM
Boy, Napier must be real confident in himself.

Football coaches at all levels, even low levels, are full of themselves, they have extreme confidence.

viverlibre
01-16-2020, 08:32 PM

^^^^^^This. He knows what he has coming back at ULL and has a decent idea if next year will be another 10 win season.

Jarius
01-16-2020, 09:11 PM
He can't get a historical low level Big 12 job. What makes him think he can get a mid level sec job? He's an idiot. If his quarterback gets injured he's going to go 6-6 and be stuck there until the next time he has a veteran team with an elite quarterback.

Cowbell
01-16-2020, 09:19 PM
If he is waiting on the SC job to open, the joke is on him. Spurrier couldn't even make them relevant.

Tbonewannabe
01-16-2020, 09:46 PM
^^^^^^This. He knows what he has coming back at ULL and has a decent idea if next year will be another 10 win season.

And if he gets to 10 wins by beating a bunch of shit teams then maybe USCe gives him an interview but it would be very surprising if he gets a chance at a blue blood with no top 25 wins on his resume. Norvell had 3 or 4 top 25 wins to go with beating Ole Miss. Tom Herman had like 3 wins over top 10 teams when he got the UT job.

Without our run to #1, Mullen never gets to UF.

bulldogcountry1
01-16-2020, 10:15 PM
Hey, we went to the party hoping to dance with Miley Cyrus, but ended up going home with Jennifer Anniston.

DownwardDawg
01-16-2020, 10:19 PM
Ole Miss Sucks.

I like riding in my truck

Liverpooldawg
01-16-2020, 10:26 PM
Why exactly are y'all so hell bent on burning bridges? You never know what the future may hold.

parabrave
01-16-2020, 10:34 PM
Hey, we went to the party hoping to dance with Miley Cyrus, but ended up going home with Jennifer Anniston.

or Jennifer Connely!!!!

RougeDawg
01-16-2020, 10:53 PM
Why exactly are y'all so hell bent on burning bridges? You never know what the future may hold.

Napier burned the bridge before any of us could. His comment about do you really want to live in f*cking Starkville, Mississippi? Pretty much burned any bridge that was there.

PMDawg
01-16-2020, 11:41 PM
Napier burned the bridge before any of us could. His comment about do you really want to live in f*cking Starkville, Mississippi? Pretty much burned any bridge that was there.

There's no proof he said that.

Randolph Dupree
01-16-2020, 11:48 PM
You know what would be funny as hell? South Carolina hires Gene Chizik after next season.

That would be awesome and, in all honesty, I could see it happening.

Spiderman
01-17-2020, 07:59 AM

Yep,and he was never offered the job. You can't offer a job when you never met with the guy

TheLostDawg
01-17-2020, 08:13 AM

Going back to his agent, do you think maybe his agent planted that seed of how terrible Starkville is even though it's basically no different than Starkville besides having their square.
Also didn't he fire that agent or was that BS?

Hambone
01-17-2020, 08:41 AM
BS

Liverpooldawg
01-17-2020, 09:41 AM

How do you know he said that? Got proof?

Patrick Tibbons
01-17-2020, 09:52 AM
No, he doesn?t. I?m surprised people still take Rouge seriously. His gimmick is to tell everyone he knows what?s going on, but he can?t say due to him burning his sources.

Usually later, when a story breaks, he?ll make up something that went on behind the scenes. Then gullible posters will ask him follow up questions and thank him for his info.

StateDawg44
01-17-2020, 09:53 AM

Ole Miss Sucks.

Going back to his agent, do you think maybe his agent planted that seed of how terrible Starkville is even though it's basically no different than Starkville besides having their square.
Also didn't he fire that agent or was that BS?

How the hell are y'all even coming up with this?

Y'all are giving OM too much credit here. This is how rumors get started.

There's too much money on the table to let something like your fandom get in the way. And if you would steer your client away from a job and miss out on that money just because your client was a candidate for a rival school you are the fool.

PMDawg
01-17-2020, 10:17 AM
No, he doesn?t. I?m surprised people still take Rouge seriously. His gimmick is to tell everyone he knows what?s going on, but he can?t say due to him burning his sources.

Usually later, when a story breaks, he?ll make up something that went on behind the scenes. Then gullible posters will ask him follow up questions and thank him for his info.

This in Spades. He and Bert promised a big reveal after the dust settled. Bert openly backed out, and Rouge made up a completely unbelievable and unverifiable story that in no way even came close to explaining what he claimed would be explained.

AlSwearengen
01-17-2020, 11:44 AM
When it comes to olemiss people and business dealings, I go under the assumption that I am about to be screwed and work from there.

In Napier’s situation, olemiss people have a cult like love for their school and football program. Most would sacrifice to help it.

WSOPdawg
01-17-2020, 01:29 PM
When it comes to olemiss people and business dealings, I go under the assumption that I am about to be screwed and work from there.

In Napier’s situation, olemiss people have a cult like love for their school and football program. Most would sacrifice to help it.

Haha, that's gold right there, Al. Love it. Rep given.

deadheaddawg
01-17-2020, 01:58 PM
lol.

Some of yall are still acting like all the naiper stuff was proven as fact. Just a bunch of school girl gossip.

Some of y'all would be much better off joining the PTA or some other housewife group. That is more y'alls style

RougeDawg
01-17-2020, 02:05 PM

There?s no proof that a tree makes a sound when it falls in the woods.

Napier said that verbatim to one of his assistants who spoke to someone I know personally. Someone who was trying to get Napier to take the offer. That was his response to the coach begging him to take it.

I can?t help you if you think otherwise. You know what they say. You can?t fix.....

RiverCityDawg
01-17-2020, 02:14 PM

Napier said that verbatim to one of his assistants who spoke to someone I know personally. Someone who was trying to get Napier to take the offer. That was his response to the coach begging him to take it.

I can?t help you if you think otherwise. You know what they say. You can?t fix.....

But can you fix the question marks when you post?

deadheaddawg
01-17-2020, 02:14 PM

LOL

NCDawg
01-17-2020, 02:34 PM

Sounds like a whistle blower. Said something to someone who heard it said to the person, who told someone else, who told someone else. Must be true.

PMDawg
01-17-2020, 03:29 PM

Let me be blunt - I don't believe much of anything you say. You have a reputation for trying way too hard to make yourself seem far more important than you really are.

If my not believing a random internet message board poster makes me stupid (I'm not afraid to type that word), then I'll happily wear that moniker.

Turfdawg67
01-17-2020, 05:50 PM
LOL

LOLZ. At least 1/3 of your posts are "LOL".

lastmajordog
01-17-2020, 05:52 PM
Like I said before...If my other half found out I passed up millions for living in a small town for 4 or 5 years......she would not divorce, she wouldn’t simply kill......it would be the kind of brutal murder that lifetime movies are made......

timotheus
01-17-2020, 09:24 PM
I can vouch for pretty much what Rouge has said. I too have contacts in that area, a judge and a family of ULL alums. They all thought he was headed to starkville prior to the egg bowl and then again after the lending tree bowl. I am not sure what all occurred in between but they thought ULL would be needing a new HC. wild stuff

shoeless joe
01-17-2020, 09:29 PM

I thought his gimmick was criticizing pre load hand position...

PMDawg
01-17-2020, 09:29 PM
I can vouch for pretty much what Rouge has said. I too have contacts in that area, a judge and a family of ULL alums. They all thought he was headed to starkville prior to the egg bowl and then again after the lending tree bowl. I am not sure what all occurred in between but they thought ULL would be needing a new HC. wild stuff

This doesn't even begin to address 1/10th of what RougeDawg hinted at or said. RougeDawg Alt?

viverlibre
01-19-2020, 12:46 AM
olemiss people have a cult like love for their school and football program. Most would sacrifice to help it.

Money > a cult-like for a shool - times ten. No one is going to sacrifice a big payday for "love of school," especially in the hyper-competitive world of sports agents.

RougeDawg
01-19-2020, 01:13 AM
This doesn't even begin to address 1/10th of what RougeDawg hinted at or said. RougeDawg Alt?

Nothing was hinted at. The story was told. I do not have time to write a short novel on what went down because the story changed multiple times from firing JoVester to hiring the pirate. There were at least 4 phone calls/web meetings between Cohen and agent prior to lending tree bowl. They finally met in person after bowl game, which surprised everyone involved. Multiple ULL assistants were pleading with Napier to take the offer, this is what was getting out to multiple media members and people here and pissing BN off.

JC was actually patient, but stern with the whole ordeal. We came out better in the end.

Patrick Tibbons
01-19-2020, 03:01 AM
Thank you for making up something and letting the board know. Much appreciated.

maroonmania
01-19-2020, 09:30 AM
Nothing was hinted at. The story was told. I do not have time to write a short novel on what went down because the story changed multiple times from firing JoVester to hiring the pirate. There were at least 4 phone calls/web meetings between Cohen and agent prior to lending tree bowl. They finally met in person after bowl game, which surprised everyone involved. Multiple ULL assistants were pleading with Napier to take the offer, this is what was getting out to multiple media members and people here and pissing BN off.

JC was actually patient, but stern with the whole ordeal. We came out better in the end.

So did Cohen ever actually meet face to face with Napier? Sounds like every meeting was only with the agent.