Just offered a USM commit.

http://247sports.com/Player/Brandon-Bryant-31127

73 point 2 star on 247
76 point 2 star composite

Oh yeah, I forgot these: **

engie
11-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Yep...

Just give up on the 4* from MSU territory that committed to OM early(hell, we did the day he committed anyway)... No need to chase stars.

Nevermind the 4* FS down in Perk that we didn't bother offering. But, hey, he was probably going to Auburn no matter what**

Mullen is mailing it in in this regard. Couldn't be more clear.

CadaverDawg
11-01-2013, 05:06 PM
MSU: On The Rise*

msstate7
11-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Damian Williams was usm commit last season. He seems to be a good one. Maybe it will work out

Political Hack
11-01-2013, 05:13 PM
In all fairness, we seem to be having more success with our two stars than our five stars.

Dawg61
11-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Yep...

Just give up on the 4* from MSU territory that committed to OM early(hell, we did the day he committed anyway)... No need to chase stars.

Nevermind the 4* FS down in Perk that we didn't bother offering. But, hey, he was probably going to Auburn no matter what**

Mullen is mailing it in in this regard. Couldn't be more clear.

I think he's not willing to fight vs certain coaches. Maybe he is tired of justifying himself so he just says **** it I'll just get my own player and develop him. There's a plethora of athletes around a 4 hour radius of him so he's cocky about this and thinks he can teach anyone how to play if they are a good enough athlete. He's wrong. I also think Dan doesn't like to fight. You see it during the big games. He backs down vs the opponent.

bluelightstar
11-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Hey, when we start losing to Kentucky, we can justify it as them having more talent than us. Then it'll still fit the "doesn't lose when we have more talent" narrative.

Coach34
11-01-2013, 05:33 PM
In all fairness, we seem to be having more success with our two stars than our five stars.

Damn truth

The last USM commit we stole has turned out to be a good one

hacker
11-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Damian Williams was a mid three star; this guy's a low 2.

I'm sure he's got to be pretty good for us to offer, and I'm hearing that he will get a bump soon, but damn. We have zero OVs set up, we're now offering 2 star guys, and by all accounts we are looking forward to a Merry Flipmas. This year in recruiting is looking bad.

Coach34
11-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Damian Williams was a mid three star; this guy's a low 2.

I'm sure he's got to be pretty good for us to offer, and I'm hearing that he will get a bump soon, but damn. We have zero OVs set up, we're now offering 2 star guys, and by all accounts we are looking forward to a Merry Flipmas. This year in recruiting is looking bad.

oh well, it wont hurt us for 3 years- we only have 5 Sr starters and tons of young guys

cheewgumm
11-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Maybe he believes in the Ron Polk recruiting philosophy. I think it was "Don't bother".

I think he's not willing to fight vs certain coaches. Maybe he is tired of justifying himself so he just says **** it I'll just get my own player and develop him. There's a plethora of athletes around a 4 hour radius of him so he's cocky about this and thinks he can teach anyone how to play if they are a good enough athlete. He's wrong. I also think Dan doesn't like to fight. You see it during the big games. He backs down vs the opponent.

gravedigger
11-01-2013, 05:51 PM
No offense gentlemen, but I and many more could give a **** in early November what our recruiting class might end up being.

This is football SEASON. Recruiting isn't relevant until Christmas unless u r a recruit or a recruiter.

If we'd landed all of those dumpster fires we wrung our hands over the last 5 years we'd still be in the same situation we are in now. Let the season and off season play out. We'll be better than you think by next September or the Mullen exodus will begin in earnest. Either way, we'll get better.

engie
11-01-2013, 05:59 PM
oh well, it wont hurt us for 3 years- we only have 5 Sr starters and tons of young guys

Building the foundation**

HoopsDawg
11-01-2013, 05:59 PM
This kid's film is strong. He looks like a player to me. How many of these website guys have been to freaking Rosa Fort HS?

Ronny
11-01-2013, 06:00 PM
..talks about the pussification of America.

Well, of you want to see the pussification of the MSU fanbase, just start talking about recruiting & stars.

It's like a bunch of 14 year old girls having their period.

Of course, Ole Miss plays a significant role in this foolishness.

Let Ole Miss land a player with more stars than Dan's latest commitment & solied panties start flying all over Elitedawgs.

What gets me is with all the shitty-ass players we have taking the field for us this season, MSU fan thinks he entitled to talk shit about a new commitment.

Maybe that dude from yesterday was right: Ole Miss is inflitrating us from within. Ole Miss plants that have been instructed to act like hysterical pussies everytime a new MSU commitment is announced.

That would explain a lot.

engie
11-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Hey, when we start losing to Kentucky, we can justify it as them having more talent than us. Then it'll still fit the "doesn't lose when we have more talent" narrative.

Couldn't agree more on this. That day is coming down the pipeline much quicker than people want to realize too.

Know what else we've done? Played half a class early again -- exactly like we did in 2009 -- essentially guaranteeing that we will be a "young" team again in 4 years instead of maintaining a mostly even and consistent building model...

BulldogDX55
11-01-2013, 06:11 PM
This kid's film is strong. He looks like a player to me. How many of these website guys have been to freaking Rosa Fort HS?

This.

I just watched his highlight film. The kid can do everything and seems to have an extra gear when he gets into space. Better than rated for sure.

edit: A quote from 24/7's Paul Jones, "I agree and Tennessee, Oklahoma and TCU all inquired about him today. Auburn, Tenn and OM already on him and he has a good bond with former Rosa Fort standout and MSU lb Benardrick McKinney."

We aren't the only ones who noticed this diamond. In the offer article, the kid said he would commit after his game tonight if he can get ahold of the coaches because he grew up a State fan.

woozman
11-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Just offered a USM commit.

73 point 2 star on 247
76 point 2 star composite

Oh yeah, I forgot these: **

This is the kid that Rosebowl was talking about on his BSR show earlier this week (I think that's where I heard about him). Said that he was way underrated being from a small school (why does that sound familiar), was getting interest from several SEC schools now, and that it would be a miracle if he ended up at USM.

Considering our track record when it comes to evaluating overlooked talent in the distant corners of Mississippi, I think I'll go with our coaches opinion on recruits. No disrespect intended to all the future SEC coaches that post here...

Jack Lambert
11-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Stars don't mean jack to me but bragging rights. How many stars does Jackson Calloway High have on their team? They just got whipped by Canton High school.

Coach34
11-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Rosa Fort is just another Delta town with athletes. Every 3-4 years they have a D-1 talent, it's just a matter if the kid can make good enough grades to avoid juco

They are also one of the few schools that usually has their QB playing MLB also...it's like that is a tradition there

Todd4State
11-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Rosa Fort is one of the best kept secrets in the state. McKinley Scott, Benardrick McKinney, and now Bryant. They've had some solid talent.

That said, I agree with the points about Dan needing to do better regarding some of the higher rated talent.

I've always felt like we needed to get a good mix of blue chip talent- about 15 players, about 5 athlete types such as McKinney that maybe are not really well known but have the measureables to be a SEC player, and then 5 blue collar, lunch pail type football players such as Cam Lawrence. Guys that maybe are not considered elite SEC athletes or maybe they are considered "too something"- like too slow, too short, etc. But they work their tails off and have a great work ethic and do everything that they are supposed to.

1998Dawg
11-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Id rather keep signing the hard nosed, lunch pale 2 stars than those tsun pre madonna 5 star thugs. Its been working for us for a while so why change?

Relf2.0
11-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Vick Ballard barely got recruited. he was good

Coach34
11-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Vick Ballard barely got recruited. he was good

He was another 2-star out of HS

blacklistedbully
11-01-2013, 06:47 PM
DeShea Townsend recruit. I figure DT knows DB's. All I need to know. Will be damn glad to get his commit.

HoopsDawg
11-01-2013, 06:49 PM
This kid Bryant, is also the state champion in the 200.

Churchill
11-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Stars absolutely don`t mean jack if the lower rated kid comes out of the locker room with his hair on fire and ready to kick whoever`s ass lines up in front of him. But if he comes out of the locker room (especially after the half) and drags ass and doesn`t half concentrate on what he`s suppose to be doing he and his team are in deep shit. That`s what causes me more heartache about our team these last 12-14 games than stars.

Boya
11-01-2013, 07:01 PM
..talks about the pussification of America.

Well, of you want to see the pussification of the MSU fanbase, just start talking about recruiting & stars.

It's like a bunch of 14 year old girls having their period.

Of course, Ole Miss plays a significant role in this foolishness.

Let Ole Miss land a player with more stars than Dan's latest commitment & solied panties start flying all over Elitedawgs.

What gets me is with all the shitty-ass players we have taking the field for us this season, MSU fan thinks he entitled to talk shit about a new commitment.

Maybe that dude from yesterday was right: Ole Miss is inflitrating us from within. Ole Miss plants that have been instructed to act like hysterical pussies everytime a new MSU commitment is announced.

That would explain a lot.

Thank you. I can tolerate a certain amount of message board nonsense, but the MSU boards of late are getting ridiculous.

FlabLoser
11-01-2013, 07:03 PM

I was gonna say that too. Mullen has gotten some damn good 2 stars.

bulldawg28
11-01-2013, 07:13 PM
It's amazing our know all fans cry and moan over a star behind a kids name. Or coaches have coached NFL talent t and played in the NFL. I think they know a player when they see one. Be a fan and not a talent evaluator, cheer.

Coach34
11-01-2013, 07:18 PM
It's amazing our know all fans cry and moan over a star behind a kids name. Or coaches have coached NFL talent t and played in the NFL. I think they know a player when they see one. Be a fan and not a talent evaluator, cheer.

You havent heard? Ole Miss is getting more stars than us and we are doomed to be last in the SEC forever and ever

RState
11-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Stars dont mean nothing. Its about what you teach em when they get in the system. I bet if you gave Guy Fieri a coon, a possum, and a handful of mergansers, that SOB would cook you the finest meal of your life. That guy is the man. Anyway I think CDM and staff can get em to buy in and get em ready to not only compete but win in the SEC no matter what some dipsh!t sports writer rates em.

HoopsDawg
11-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Stars dont mean nothing. Its about what you teach em when they get in the system. I bet if you gave Guy Fieri a coon, a possum, and a handful of mergansers, that SOB would cook you the finest meal of your life. That guy is the man. Anyway I think CDM and staff can get em to buy in and get em ready to not only compete but win in the SEC no matter what some dipsh!t sports writer rates em.

Let's not get carried away. Stars mean a ton. But even in today's world some kids get overlooked. Particularly in the MS Delta or Maben, MS.

Also remember, the Great Nick Saban got beat by Sly Croom when Saban had to play with Shula's players. Saban is a great coach for a lot of reasons but his players are the main reason.

CadaverDawg
11-01-2013, 07:57 PM
I agree that stars don't tell the whole story, but the "stars mean NOTHING!!1!!" Crowd is just as bad as the "stars mean everything!!1!" crowd.

Again, I feel we need a good mix as Todd said, so I'm not on either extreme....but all of you "stars mean nothing" people are just as absurd.

Scared_Hitless
11-01-2013, 08:09 PM
I generally trust our coaches on the lower rated guys it is one of the few places they have recruited well. The main thing I hate is we have a JUCO power a little more than an hour away and don't have the connections to funnel that talent to Starkville.

RState
11-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Cadaver, you ever ate a merganser?

woozman
11-01-2013, 08:27 PM
I agree that stars don't tell the whole story, but the "stars mean NOTHING!!1!!" Crowd is just as bad as the "stars mean everything!!1!" crowd.

Again, I feel we need a good mix as Todd said, so I'm not on either extreme....but all of you "stars mean nothing" people are just as absurd.

I agree with you - stars are a metric so they do mean something. However, I don't think they mean everything by any means - a drunk monkey can pick the top 100 players in the nation and a sober monkey could pick the next 200. My whole thing with the recruiting stars is that they are assigned by for profit websites that don't do 10% of the evaluations that college coaches do on any given player. When you get past the top 300 players (or so), the stars on Rivals, Scout, 24/7, etc. are total WAGs...

RState
11-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Well then I guess I should just get on the debby downer train with you guys since our class has seven 2 stars and only two 4 stars. If stars are so accurate how come Robert Nkimalsdkfja;skldgj at TSUN doesnt have stats like Clowney? Chris Jones numbers are better and he wasn't ranked as high as Nkimaalskdfjlaksdj.

Op4isabitch
11-01-2013, 08:48 PM
This time last year Jones was a two/three star. As someone earlier said in MS some kids just go under rated or under exposed.

CadaverDawg
11-01-2013, 08:53 PM

Not sure what you're getting at, but if merganser comes fried it is possible*

CadaverDawg
11-01-2013, 08:55 PM
I agree with you - stars are a metric so they do mean something. However, I don't think they mean everything by any means - a drunk monkey can pick the top 100 players in the nation and a sober monkey could pick the next 200. My whole thing with the recruiting stars is that they are assigned by for profit websites that don't do 10% of the evaluations that college coaches do on any given player. When you get past the top 300 players (or so), the stars on Rivals, Scout, 24/7, etc. are total WAGs...

+1

ShotgunDawg
11-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Here is my one major problem with this entire thread: No one has bothered to post or watch his video. It doesn't take a rocket scientist when watching his video to see that he has the size and speed in the play in the SEC. There is no doubt in my mind that this kid is at least a 3 star player.

This guy is 6'1" 195 and runs a 4.45. That may be a little fast, but in his video he looks fast.

Watch the video and tell me why I'm wrong.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1405599/brandon-bryant

You guys bitch and complain about the star rankings on players that have obviously not been evaluated.

Edit: Check that, this kid can haul ass. Watch Jamoral Graham's video and tell me why he is any better

MSU has found another star in the Delta, bank it.

You guys need to stop complaining about the star ranking on players that other SEC schools don't even know exist

dickiedawg
11-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Here is my one major problem with this entire thread: No one has bothered to post or watch his video. It doesn't take a rocket science when watching his video to see that he has the size and speed in the play in the SEC. There is no doubt in my mind that this kid is at least a 3 star player.

This guy is 6'1" 195 and runs a 4.45. That may be a little fast, but in his video he looks fast.

Watch the video and tell me why I'm wrong.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1405599/brandon-bryant

You guys bitch and complain about the star rankings on players that have obviously not been evaluated.

Edit: Check that, this kid can haul ass. Watch Jamoral Graham's video and tell me why he is any better

MSU has found another star in the Delta, bank it.

You guys need to stop complaining about the star ranking on players that other SEC school don't even know exist

This video is impressive. Kid has two speeds: run you over and run by you. Now those defenders may all be 5'6" 130 lbs, but he looks like the best player on the field by a long shot.

ShotgunDawg
11-01-2013, 09:46 PM
This video is impressive. Kid has two speeds: run you over and run by you. Now those defenders may all be 5'6" 130 lbs, but he looks like the best player on the field by a long shot.

Exactly, he just hasn't been evaluated yet.

I think we can complain all day about Mullen's recruiting and not getting the big boys, but don't complain about Bryant. This kid is really good. At least a 3 star and could be a 4 star if other schools knew who he was.

Just evaluate the video, and you'll see that this is true.

ShotgunDawg
11-01-2013, 09:50 PM
In fact Rosebowl just said the kid should be a 4 star, but probably won't get the chance due to lack of exposure.

And Paul Jones said that Tennessee, OK State, Oklahoma, TCU, and Auburn all inquired about him today.

Stop trusting these idiot websites. The best thing they do is post video. Watch the video and decide for yourself. This kid is a baller, and probably one of the top 5-10 players in MS.

Complain all you want, but our coaches can evaluate talent.

hailmari
11-01-2013, 10:05 PM
I watched the video and I would be extremely happy to land this 2*. I don't know what position he'll play, but I want him at State.

Percho
11-01-2013, 10:08 PM

Just as well eat a tin of sardines.

ShotgunDawg
11-01-2013, 10:08 PM
I watched the video and I would be extremely happy to land this 2*. I don't know what position he'll play, but I want him at State.

No doubt, and he may play as a freshman. This is honestly one of our best looking recruits. He actually throws better than Jameon, and we see how thats worked out.

2 STAR MY ASS!!!!

woozman
11-01-2013, 10:16 PM

100% agree - he's impressive.

RougeDawg
11-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Wasnt some Banks kid a 2 star out of high school? Just saying. Jesus Christ some of you need to get a hobbie it a female companion. Go relieve some pressure on something. We need to worry about our passive hunchback on the sideline in 2013. If he continues shitting ye bed, 2014 recruiting class may fall apart completely.

Bothrops
11-01-2013, 10:44 PM
I'll be glad to add an underrated 2 star. I'm mainly worried about not being able to keep what we have till the end. I think we'll sign a top 40 class. Get ready for it.

ShotgunDawg
11-01-2013, 10:48 PM
I'll be glad to add an underrated 2 star. I'm mainly worried about not being able to keep what we have till the end. I think we'll sign a top 40 class. Get ready for it.

But thats the thing, if kids like Bryant aren't being evaluated then the recruiting rankings are inaccurate. Rosebowl said tonight that Bryant should be a 4 star. I really like the speed and playmakers we are bringing.

Pollodawg
11-01-2013, 10:51 PM
It's not an accident that Bama and LSU recruit five stars guys and win Championships while in year five MSU is playing former two stars and still needing fourth down deep in our own territory to beat a one win UK team......

ShotgunDawg
11-01-2013, 10:58 PM
It's not an accident that Bama and LSU recruit five stars guys and win Championships while in year five MSU is playing former two stars and still needing fourth down deep in our own territory to beat a one win UK team......

Well, thats kind of extreme. Yes the recruiting services usually get the 5 stars and high 4 stars correct. However, the difference between low 4 stars, 3 stars, and unevaluated players is a massive pile of crap that the recruiting services aren't consistent with.

Due to this, the difference between about 12th and 35th in the recruiting rankings can be very arbitrary and lack consistency due to under the radar guys that are rated incorrectly. This inconsistency is also aided by the system and fit that the prospect will be stepping into in college. 5 star and high 4 star guys can play in any system. Low 4 stars, 3 stars, and unevaluated 4 star talents need the right system and fit. This causes very inconsistent performance by these players.

But to take it a step further, Michigan, Texas, and Notre Dame have all be ranked 1-5 in recruiting over the past few year, and they suck. LSU and Bama are very coached as well, and evaluate talent correctly. So you throw out Bama and LSU, and I throw TX, ND, and Michigan right back at you.

And beating UK on at the end had little to do with our talent level.

msstate7
11-01-2013, 11:00 PM

I don't think anyone doubts 5-stars win titles. What I question is 4 thru 2-stars. 5-stars are easily identifiable.

msstate7
11-01-2013, 11:00 PM
Well, thats kind of extreme. Yes the recruiting services usually get the 5 stars and high 4 stars correct. However, the difference between low 4 stars, 3 stars, and unevaluated players is a massive pile of crap that the recruiting services aren't consistent with.

Due to this, the difference between about 12th and 35th in the recruiting rankings can be very arbitrary and lack consistency due to under the radar guys that are rated incorrectly.

Exactly

Todd4State
11-01-2013, 11:03 PM
In fact Rosebowl just said the kid should be a 4 star, but probably won't get the chance due to lack of exposure.

And Paul Jones said that Tennessee, OK State, Oklahoma, TCU, and Auburn all inquired about him today.

Stop trusting these idiot websites. The best thing they do is post video. Watch the video and decide for yourself. This kid is a baller, and probably one of the top 5-10 players in MS.

Complain all you want, but our coaches can evaluate talent.

I enjoy deciding for myself more than what the "experts" think. I like to form my own opinion, and see how I do. I'm not so concerned with the "stars" by a players name- and by my recruiting method, we wouldn't win any recruiting titles either. I get a lot more enjoyment doing my own evaluation rather than blindly trusting others assessments.

Scared_Hitless
11-01-2013, 11:04 PM
These diamonds in the rough are crucial to our success in recruiting, I just don't want to have to rely on very many of them. Bryant looks like a hell of a player though.

Todd4State
11-01-2013, 11:06 PM
But thats the thing, if kids like Bryant aren't being evaluated then the recruiting rankings are inaccurate. Rosebowl said tonight that Bryant should be a 4 star. I really like the speed and playmakers we are bringing.

If Rosebowl really thinks Bryant is a four star, he should make him a four star player. I'm not saying that Rosebowl is right or wrong- but it makes his site look bad when he says someone that is a two star really is a four star.

Corey♥DemDawgs
11-02-2013, 02:06 AM

I actually said this to myself yesterday, it's so true though.

Political Hack
11-02-2013, 07:13 AM
the "experts" are god awful talent evaluators. Scout is a joke... I'm talking embarrassingly bad. I haven't ever laid enough attention to Rivals to know if they're good or not. I do think that 247 is probably the best network and they have some good eyes (I think Paul does a good job), but overall these guys are primarily reporters not talent scouts. If they were anywhere near 100% they'd be on Saban's staff.

dickiedawg
11-02-2013, 07:32 AM
Due to this, the difference between about 12th and 35th in the recruiting rankings can be very arbitrary and lack consistency due to under the radar guys that are rated incorrectly.

But to take it a step further, Michigan, Texas, and Notre Dame have all be ranked 1-5 in recruiting over the past few year, and they suck.

Hey, that's about where we and ole miss are! What a coincidence that you think this!

Also, Norte dame was in the national championship game last season and stands a good chance at being in the BCS again this year. They may not be a top-5 team but they hardly suck.

AROB44
11-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Yea....we need lots more 4 or 5 "star" players like D. Anderson. I just want football players...**** this star shit. And it's Mullen that is gambling 2.7 million on these kids, not anyone else. But...I know...some internet guru knows much much more about talent than any coach at MSU ever has.

Pollodawg
11-02-2013, 08:29 AM

Due to this, the difference between about 12th and 35th in the recruiting rankings can be very arbitrary and lack consistency due to under the radar guys that are rated incorrectly. This inconsistency is also aided by the system and fit that the prospect will be stepping into in college. 5 star and high 4 star guys can play in any system. Low 4 stars, 3 stars, and unevaluated 4 star talents need the right system and fit. This causes very inconsistent performance by these players.

But to take it a step further, Michigan, Texas, and Notre Dame have all be ranked 1-5 in recruiting over the past few year, and they suck. LSU and Bama are very coached as well, and evaluate talent correctly. So you throw out Bama and LSU, and I throw TX, ND, and Michigan right back at you.

Landing better talent never hurts, and it would take the most near-sighted Mullen apologist to argue with that.

Pollodawg
11-02-2013, 08:31 AM
Yea....we need lots more 4 or 5 "star" players like D. Anderson. I just want football players...**** this star shit. And it's Mullen that is gambling 2.7 million on these kids, not anyone else. But...I know...some internet guru knows much much more about talent than any coach at MSU ever has.

And I thought we left being a whiny child about differing opinions at the pack.....

HancockCountyDog
11-02-2013, 09:07 AM

Rosebowl also said that the Moore brothers were top 10 players in the state, definite 4 star players, and that Alvin Moore was the best player at our big dawg camp.

That was until they committed to the bears. Then they become players barely in his top 20. So let's slow down on the trusting what that fraud says.

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Hey, that's about where we and ole miss are! What a coincidence that you think this!

Also, Norte dame was in the national championship game last season and stands a good chance at being in the BCS again this year. They may not be a top-5 team but they hardly suck.

Have you seen Notre Dame play?

They would've been the 7th best team in the SEC last year. Yea, they suck and their recruiting classes are way over rated.

I also didn't realize that is where OM and where we are in the recruiting rankings. However, go watch the videos of their recruits and watch the video's of ours. My guess is you'll see little if any difference.

For example: Would you rather have Dayall Harris, 4 star from Calloway, or Brandon Bryant from Rosa Fort? Harris is a 4 star and Bryant is a 2 star. Seriously, watch the videos and tell me which one you would pick in a back yard football game.

hells bells
11-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Damn truth

The last USM commit we stole has turned out to be a good one

This guy looks good. Mullen looks for this type player often and the returns seem to favor State.

601Dawg
11-02-2013, 10:05 AM
This thread sure has backfired in Ebgie's face

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2013, 10:16 AM

I don't think so. I think Engie made very good points, but just didn't bother watching Bryant's video before making them. The real argument in this thread should be: How did the recruiting services miss this guy, and why the hell did it take us so long to offer him?

engie
11-02-2013, 10:19 AM

This is hilarious... coming from the BIGGEST star gazer in our entire fanbase...

Tell me again how Fitzgerald was a HORRIBLE pick up. You were in meltdown about that for weeks.

engie
11-02-2013, 10:29 AM
I don't think so. I think Engie made very good points, but just didn't bother watching Bryant's video before making them. The real argument in this thread should be: How did the recruiting services miss this guy, and why the hell did it take us so long to offer him?

My point was not about this kid at all. It was about the overall state of our class and recruiting. And the fact that we have ZERO official visits set up.

The lack of memory to me is amazing. "Mullen don't need 4 and 5* talent -- he will coach them up" is ALL I heard in 2010 and 2011. When we realized in 2011 we weren't going to outcoach anybody, we got serious about recruiting for awhile(or did we just get lucky with OM in turmoil). Now we're back to "Mullen doesn't need known talent -- we'll beat em with these diamonds".

All that's great. Except we've regressed to the 12th best team in the conference. And the two behind us are outrecruiting us.

We've done well with early-offer 2*s. No one is denying that. My problem is that we've given up on finding the 4-5* guys to complement them with.

hacker
11-02-2013, 05:11 PM
BUMP

Bryant is now an 87 point 3-star on 247. Everyone is saying he's this year's Chris Jones. I watched a bit of his film and he looks pretty good. I guess I fired too quickly on this thread!

Coach34
11-02-2013, 05:32 PM
those great Notre Dame recruits trail Navy 34-31 in the 4th

Pollodawg
11-03-2013, 05:50 PM
My point was not about this kid at all. It was about the overall state of our class and recruiting. And the fact that we have ZERO official visits set up.

The lack of memory to me is amazing. "Mullen don't need 4 and 5* talent -- he will coach them up" is ALL I heard in 2010 and 2011. When we realized in 2011 we weren't going to outcoach anybody, we got serious about recruiting for awhile(or did we just get lucky with OM in turmoil). Now we're back to "Mullen doesn't need known talent -- we'll beat em with these diamonds".

All that's great. Except we've regressed to the 12th best team in the conference. And the two behind us are outrecruiting us.

We've done well with early-offer 2*s. No one is denying that. My problem is that we've given up on finding the 4-5* guys to complement them with.
Mullen has regressed every year he's been here since 2010.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2013, 05:52 PM
BUMP

Bryant is now an 87 point 3-star on 247. Everyone is saying he's this year's Chris Jones. I watched a bit of his film and he looks pretty good. I guess I fired too quickly on this thread!

That is good news