PDA

View Full Version : Prediction time: Who takes the most snaps at QB next year?

Rex54
01-15-2020, 05:49 PM
Shrader, Rogers, Mayden, transfer?

Accuracy is Leach's most important attribute. He says "you can't teach accuracy". Who fits this bill? And will they break Dak's 3,793 yds in a season?

HailStateSZN19
01-15-2020, 05:58 PM
I'm starting to lean transfer, personally. I think if it's an experienced transfer starting at QB for an entire season, I think they throw for just over 4,000 yds. If it's Shrader or if Rogers eventually works his way onto the field, I think it'll be 2021 before either would break the record. Shrader/Rogers would need 1 season to really break into throwing it 40-50 times per game in the SEC. Then in 2021, one of them would break it.

BuckyIsAB****
01-15-2020, 06:01 PM
My money is on Rogers

Coach34
01-15-2020, 06:10 PM
My money is on Rogers

We know Coach. I hope your kid does well too. Best possible hire for him.

Dawgface
01-15-2020, 06:15 PM
No idea.

dawgday166
01-15-2020, 06:23 PM
I have no idea but if I were betting right now ... I'm guessing probably a transfer.

I wouldn't rule out Roger/Shrader/Mayden. I've watched Mayden very little tho. I don't think KT will have Leach's primary attributes he's looking for in a QB enough to take the most snaps. Shrader has to grow up quicker and put in the work. Rogers mind is probably in the right place for possibly being a starter unless Leach gets a transfer.

gtowndawg
01-15-2020, 06:35 PM
Transfer. Rogers after next season.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-15-2020, 06:57 PM

Accuracy is Leach's most important attribute. He says "you can't teach accuracy". Who fits this bill? And will they break Dak's 3,793 yds in a season?

Transfer by this year but I am really excited to see Will Rogers take over the Wild Wild West!

BuckyIsAB****
01-15-2020, 09:44 PM
We know Coach. I hope your kid does well too. Best possible hire for him.

Ha trust me Im not his daddy

HailStateSZN19
01-15-2020, 09:46 PM
Ha trust me Im not him.

Bucky, can you compare Will at this stage to where Minshew was? And how he projects compared to Minshew?

I’m so damn excited to see Will in this offense going forward. He’s gonna be deadly in it.

BuckyIsAB****
01-15-2020, 09:56 PM
Bucky, can you compare Will at this stage to where Minshew was? And how he projects compared to Minshew?

I’m so damn excited to see Will in this offense going forward. He’s gonna be deadly in it.

I think Will has a stronger arm than Minshew had. Minshew was a little thicker than Rogers is right now but that will change. Will is probably 200-205 he will be 215 before camp.

Rogers got in a much better situation than Minshew did. Rogers got a P5 offer and made MS/AL while Minshew got neither. I think both of them were a little disrespected by the media especially Gardner. Both of them are 2 of the best leaders I have ever seen. Competitors and they both have ran this offense since they were in the 7th grade. A version of it anyway. Film junkies. Both of them made calls at the LOS their SR years and that is precisely what Leach wants.

Todd4State
01-15-2020, 09:58 PM
Transfer. Hopefully it will work out better than Stevens. At least I think Leach will cut off any locker room issues that there may be.

Political Hack
01-15-2020, 10:17 PM
I think Will has a stronger arm than Minshew had. Minshew was a little thicker than Rogers is right now but that will change. Will is probably 200-205 he will be 215 before camp.

Rogers got in a much better situation than Minshew did. Rogers got a P5 offer and made MS/AL while Minshew got neither. I think both of them were a little disrespected by the media especially Gardner. Both of them are 2 of the best leaders I have ever seen. Competitors and they both have ran this offense since they were in the 7th grade. A version of it anyway. Film junkies. Both of them made calls at the LOS their SR years and that is precisely what Leach wants.

Leach's guy will be the one who is the best upstairs. Be interesting to see who that is.

Uncle Ruckus
01-15-2020, 10:19 PM
Would you offer everyone from Brandon a scholly?

missouridawg
01-15-2020, 10:26 PM
Why does no one feel like Shrader can be the guy? He had a really solid freshman year in limited snaps.

DogsofAnarchy
01-15-2020, 10:32 PM
Shrader

Cooterpoot
01-15-2020, 10:39 PM
Shrader 1, Mayden 2, Rogers isn't ready and Leach doesn't like playing FR QBs. Key gone.
Brown will start if he transfers in but he can't survive a season.

Rex54
01-15-2020, 10:42 PM
Should be fun to watch Rogers sling it in 4 games this year and start in 2021 as a FR

Huntsville Dawg
01-16-2020, 12:00 AM
Shrader.

hp22
01-16-2020, 12:29 AM

My bet: Shrader

But I make that bet only basing it on what we have seen this year. Shrader has potential and is an athlete. He also still has a good bit of work in front him. The potential is there.

That said, this is a battle I'm excited about. I think Leach will have a successful quarterback. And we have candidates already on campus and will be attractive to those in the portal as well. The future of the quarterback position at msu is exciting.

Dawgfan77
01-16-2020, 09:21 AM
GS has some off field issues he needs to work on. I?m not sure his work ethic matches up with CML.

Scared_Hitless
01-16-2020, 09:27 AM
Shrader will be the guy unless we get a good grad transfer. He is going to get his shot to become a leader of this team. I do not think CML will allow him to be reckless shall we say like JoMo allowed.

If he cannot get more mature, I think CML will not hesitate to move on to Will Rogers. I do expect an open competition to occur in the spring which GS should be healthy for.

Coursesuper
01-16-2020, 09:42 AM
GS has some off field issues he needs to work on. I?m not sure his work ethic matches up with CML.

This is exactly correct, he going to have to make some real changes or he's not going to be around.

msstate7
01-16-2020, 09:46 AM

Be interesting if shrader sticks around once he sees playtime is over. I really hope so... his talent isn't in question

DLGDawg
01-16-2020, 09:50 AM
I have no idea but if I were betting right now ... I'm guessing probably a transfer.

I wouldn't rule out Roger/Shrader/Mayden. I've watched Mayden very little tho. I don't think KT will have Leach's primary attributes he's looking for in a QB enough to take the most snaps. Shrader has to grow up quicker and put in the work. Rogers mind is probably in the right place for possibly being a starter unless Leach gets a transfer.

If Roger's is a film junkie, it will be him soon. That tells me a lot about him. Doing the extra work, attention to detail. That's a winner. I don't know if it will be him this year or not but it will be eventually.

Johnson85
01-16-2020, 10:18 AM
Why does no one feel like Shrader can be the guy? He had a really solid freshman year in limited snaps.

Because his biggest strength, his athleticism, doesn't matter as much to Leach. He was pretty good passing as a true freshman, but he didn't look like a great passer. Just not clear that his accuracy is good enough and his decision making fast enough to run Leach's offense. I hope it is because his athleticism will be a help if he's good at running Leach's offense. THeh scheme Washington used to stop WSU for example, would just result in him getting a lot of 6-8 yard runs.

tcdog70
01-16-2020, 11:24 AM
Shrader will be the Guy. If defense runs a man to man --it will open the field for him to run. So that will be an option Leach hasn't had in a QB very often.

StarkVegasSteve
01-16-2020, 11:49 AM
Shrader would be an absolute weapon in this offense. If Garrett can improve his downfield accuracy a little and just get comfortable in the offense he will put up MASSIVE numbers. His ability to run when things break down is something we haven't seen many times in this type of offense. Saying all that, he has to improve the accuracy or the rest won't matter. Defenses have to fear that he could launch one deep if they stack the box.

FISHDAWG
01-16-2020, 12:05 PM
Is Key absolutely for certain gone ?

Dawgfan77
01-16-2020, 01:11 PM
I wouldn?t get my hopes up GS. The guy has talent but his mentality about college and football needs to get better. Plus he needs to go to class and be at meetings....

Johnson85
01-16-2020, 01:40 PM
I wouldn?t get my hopes up GS. The guy has talent but his mentality about college and football needs to get better. Plus he needs to go to class and be at meetings....

Hopefully he's not an idiot and will either transfer out immediately or buy-in. No sense in him wasting a year of eligibility proving that Leach won't let him screw off and still get playing time.

USS Relf
01-16-2020, 07:09 PM
Can someone give me an honest answer why Shrader has "off-the-field issues"? Yes, I've seen the rumors that he dropped a racial slur in the WG scuffle but besides forum conjecture, I've yet to see a substantial reporter back that up, including that infamous Arkansas practice when he started another fight (allegedly). Besides Kylin, He was the only bright spot of this season for the games I watched. Did Cohen actually meet with him after they fired Moorhead? If so, that tells you all you need to know. If not, this is as wide open as it gets

raymonddawg
01-17-2020, 10:02 AM
No they can't. People on here don't know anything about GS other than what they've read on Twitter or another board.

OLJWales
01-17-2020, 11:54 AM
Would love to see KT somehow emerge and develop better Throwing skills.

FISHDAWG
01-17-2020, 01:13 PM
Would love to see KT somehow emerge and develop better Throwing skills.

Ralph & Dak got better as the years went by but they were playing as starters ..... I think Key would get better if he had more playing time.... but I'm no QB guru

BuckyIsAB****
01-17-2020, 07:30 PM
Can someone give me an honest answer why Shrader has "off-the-field issues"? Yes, I've seen the rumors that he dropped a racial slur in the WG scuffle but besides forum conjecture, I've yet to see a substantial reporter back that up, including that infamous Arkansas practice when he started another fight (allegedly). Besides Kylin, He was the only bright spot of this season for the games I watched. Did Cohen actually meet with him after they fired Moorhead? If so, that tells you all you need to know. If not, this is as wide open as it gets

Here's the simplest way to prove it. If you are the starting QB and your OL and offense lets you get your ass beat to the point of having your face broken you are not a very likable QB.

I cant think of another OL or offense I have ever EVER been around that would allow that to happen to their QB. It would be an all out brawl on the practice field.