01-15-2020, 10:27 AM
Saw on twitter that we are pursuing this guy

https://youtu.be/QtW51BF2B5c

DownwardDawg
01-15-2020, 10:30 AM
Nice touch on the long ball.

ShotgunDawg
01-15-2020, 10:31 AM
Appears to be very accurate, good mobility, & good arm strength.

Passing appears ahead of Shrader.

Would think any grad transfer QB that Leach wants we will get. After all, how do you turn down "Do you want to come to Mississippi State & lead the nation in passing yards?"

ShotgunDawg
01-15-2020, 10:31 AM
Nice touch on the long ball.

Reminds me a slightly leaner Tajh Boyd from Clemson

Cowbeller
01-15-2020, 10:39 AM
Hell of an arm. I wouldn't be mad to have him

HailStateSZN19
01-15-2020, 10:44 AM
I trust Leach to do whatever he thinks is necessary to get his offense rolling here ASAP.

Really do hope we at least kick the tires on Costello from Stanford & King from Houston. Both probably end up at blue bloods but just ask each if they want to come to the SECW to throw it 40-50 times per game and pile up the yards & TD's.

I'm riding with Leach's judgement on offense and QB's though 100%.

TrapGame
01-15-2020, 10:54 AM
Looks good. Great arm. Makes good decisions in the pocket. Has that QB awareness. I think this would be a solid pick up.

Prediction? Pain.
01-15-2020, 11:46 AM
The more the merrier. He's had trouble with injuries (https://www.bcinterruption.com/2019/12/9/21003226/boston-college-ab-anthony-brown-enters-transfer-portal-ncaa), though -- two ACL tears in his three years at BC.

Here are his stats from his five games vs. FBS teams in 2019 (Kansas, Rutgers, Va. Tech, Louisville, & Wake Forest), if you're interested:

Compl./Att
Compl. %
Yards
Yards/Att
TD
INT
Rating
Att/Game
Yards/Game

73/123
59.3%

Pretending that you could extrapolate a year's worth of data from that stuff, his QB Rating and yards per attempt would have been in the top half of the ACC, while his completion percentage would've been very close to the bottom. In his last full game of the year against Wake Forest, he was 21/29 for 265 yards with 2 TDs and 2 INTs.

If Leach wants him to jump in the mix with whatever combination of Shrader, Mayden, Rogers, and Key that remains on the roster, come on down, dude.

StarkVegasSteve
01-15-2020, 12:45 PM
There's been some rumors about Felipe Franks wanting to play for Leach. Would be an interesting prospect that has plenty of SEC experience. However, he's coming off a pretty nasty injury and you never know how players will respond to game speed again.

msbulldog
01-15-2020, 01:16 PM
No to Franks, trouble. Go back ans watch last years Fla vs. Mia. game and Franks antics during the game.

msstate7
01-15-2020, 01:18 PM
No to Franks, trouble. Go back ans watch last years Fla vs. Mia. game and Franks antics during the game.

Then you're definitely against shrader, right?

Dawgface
01-15-2020, 01:23 PM
Looks good. What's the latest date on a mid year transfer?

msbulldog
01-15-2020, 01:24 PM
Then you're definitely against shrader, right?

I don't know what your talking about with Shrader, I do know that The TV announcers were even talking about Franks during that game.

msstate7
01-15-2020, 01:32 PM
I don't know what your talking about with Shrader, I do know that The TV announcers were even talking about Franks during that game.

Shrader has had issues. I think guys can mature though, so I don't give up on guys over an incident or 2 esp with a new coach. If leach likes franks, bring em on. If he doesn't, I'm fine with that too

Huntsville Dawg
01-15-2020, 02:19 PM
What about transfer receivers. I think we could use a few more of those vs a few more QBs.

hopsondawg22
01-15-2020, 02:29 PM
Supposedly we have a guy from Louisville that was originally from greenwood who has shown interest on twitter about transferring in.

HailStateSZN19
01-15-2020, 02:44 PM
What about transfer receivers. I think we could use a few more of those vs a few more QBs.

Hopefully we reach out to someone like Dee Anderson (LSU), Tarik Black (Michigan), or Tre'Shaun Harrison (FSU but from Seattle,WA).

We gotta get at least 1 impact WR from the portal.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-15-2020, 04:54 PM
Hopefully we reach out to someone like Dee Anderson (LSU), Tarik Black (Michigan), or Tre'Shaun Harrison (FSU but from Seattle,WA).

We gotta get at least 1 impact WR from the portal.

Neither Black or Harrison are Grad guys. Both have to sit a year. Anderson is but he was basically kicked off of LSU team after multiple issues.

HailStateSZN19
01-15-2020, 05:01 PM
Neither Black or Harrison are Grad guys. Both have to sit a year. Anderson is but he was basically kicked off of LSU team after multiple issues.

Well shit lol. There aren’t just a whole lot of solid options in there right now. Hopefully some more jump in the portal. Any names you see that interest you IYOK?

Ifyouonlyknew
01-15-2020, 05:04 PM
Well shit lol. There aren’t just a whole lot of solid options in there right now. Hopefully some more jump in the portal. Any names you see that interest you IYOK?

I haven't really did any in depth searching.

RougeDawg
01-15-2020, 05:04 PM
I don't think Mahomes would necessarily help us right now, with the guys on the other end of the pass. Hopefully Leach teaches something different to WR's than what our coaches have been teaching them for the last 15+ years. There is no possible way that every recruiting site has gotten only our WR recruites/signees completely wrong over that time span. We had to have been doing something to get the putrid WR production we have seen.

Santiago
01-15-2020, 05:21 PM
Getting off topic of grad transfers sort of.... Are there receivers unsigned for 2020 that had Washington State in their top 3 before Leach came to MSU? I would think he tries not to poach, but then again a receiver is not going there now without Leach.

HailStateSZN19
01-15-2020, 05:36 PM
Getting off topic of grad transfers sort of.... Are there receivers unsigned for 2020 that had Washington State in their top 3 before Leach came to MSU? I would think he tries not to poach, but then again a receiver is not going there now without Leach.

Just glancing at WSU's recruiting board on 247, about the only one that is unsigned & rated solidly that holds an offer from WSU with them listed in the top 3 is Malachi Wideman from Sarasota, FL. But he is committed to FSU but he didn't sign in the early period. His recruiting profile shows he's got 12 offers. FSU, FAU, and WSU are the first 3 listed on his profile. He's rated the #132 player overall, #25 WR overall, and #22 player in FL. He did visit to WSU on December 6th and has been on 2 visits already (FSU & WSU). He's scheduled to visit Tennessee this weekend, Oregon the 24th, and FAU the 31st.

Try to get in the game with him really quick and see if you can get him to cancel that FAU visit on the 31st and come to Starkville.

He's 6'4" 180 lbs. A scout for 247 has him listed as a projected 2nd-3rd round talent on his 247 profile (Day 2 of NFL Draft). Had 65 catches for 1,064 yds and 13 TD's this season in HS.

BuckyIsAB****
01-15-2020, 05:48 PM
The injuries are a big concern for me. We just ran that race with a transfer QB

defiantdog
01-15-2020, 06:01 PM
We need receivers who can get open and catch the ball

msu15
01-15-2020, 07:00 PM
I'm all for it. Whatever enables Garrett to redshirt this season is best for the team.

OLJWales
01-15-2020, 07:06 PM
The injuries are a big concern for me. We just ran that race with a transfer QB

So our last transfer was injury prone means we don't ever do it again?

BuckyIsAB****
01-15-2020, 09:46 PM
So our last transfer was injury prone means we don't ever do it again?

If its up to me yes that would be my last spin on the injury wheel

TUSK
01-16-2020, 07:50 AM
We need receivers who can get open and catch the ball

https://media1.giphy.com/media/l2SpWENtq8p4cZYek/giphy.gif

Johnson85
01-16-2020, 10:10 AM
If its up to me yes that would be my last spin on the injury wheel

That seems incredibly short sighted. Lots of guys get hurt once or twice and then are fine.

I'd prefer to bring up QBs through the system rather than getting one year patches from the transfer portal, but with us bringing in a new system and leach's history with QBs, I'm fine with a transfer. I'd also like to keep Shrader and I'm not sure he can run leach's offense right now. His passes look "slow" to me and I wonder whether he couldn't use a RS year to work on his mechanics. If we have a grad transfer QB, it seems like a RS year might be more palatable to him than if he ends up splitting time with or even being behind Mayden or Rogers. Which is fine if one of them just fits Leach's offense. But I still think Garrett could be something special with his athleticism and I think Leach's coachign style will force a sink or swim reaction for him with regard to any off teh field and leadership issues.