PDA

View Full Version : JoMo Oregon?s New OC

HailStateSZN19
01-14-2020, 08:16 PM
https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/1217251364977422336?s=21

Brett McMurphy tweets it?s a done deal. Expect he will do well out in the PAC-12 just being an OC and not a HC.

dawgday166
01-14-2020, 08:19 PM
I'm betting he don't do that well. And while I don't wanna hate on him ... hard to forgive him for screwing up 2018 as bad as he did and then telling us it wasn't the 85 Bears.

Rex54
01-14-2020, 08:24 PM
If true I plan on making loads of money betting the spread against Oregon next year.

MafiaDawg
01-14-2020, 08:24 PM
That buffoon will wear out his welcome by game 2.

Walkerhill
01-14-2020, 08:25 PM
Does this save us any buyout cash?

CovertDawg
01-14-2020, 08:35 PM
That buffoon will wear out his welcome by game 2.

Well they do play Ohio State for game 2.

Todd4State
01-14-2020, 08:54 PM

Since it's a Big 10 team he might do well against them.

Cowbell
01-14-2020, 09:08 PM
Since it's a Big 10 team he might do well against them.

He didn't in the past

Captain Falcon
01-14-2020, 09:31 PM
Tend to think he will do well enough to get a second chance as a head coach somewhere. Not in the SEC, but somewhere.

Maroonthirteen
01-14-2020, 09:36 PM
Oregon usually recruits upper half of PAC12 and usually has a decent QB. Moorhead will do fine.

dawgday166
01-14-2020, 09:51 PM

LOL sheeeitt. He couldn't gain 300 yds against their worst teams since Urban was hired and that's with Barkley/McSorley & Co.

defiantdog
01-14-2020, 10:00 PM
Talk about a loss of identity for Oregon..... they've had 3 different styles of offense in 3 years. Hurry up spread, then a modified pistol last year, and now the rpo then check with me but stay with the same play call because I micromanage system.

Bdawg
01-14-2020, 10:13 PM
Does this save us any buyout cash?

You would think it would

Irondawg
01-15-2020, 01:08 AM
What?s interesting is he will now end up with Feld who we were probably going to bring in if he had stayed.

This will be intriguing to watch but I?m going to be pissed if Oregon plays fast and shows creative formations.

I could see him doing well and I could see him totally flaming out. He will generally have a talent advantage over his opponents and seems he needs that although even this year that became a struggle.

Wonder what Oregon has a qb for next year.

FISHDAWG
01-15-2020, 08:34 AM
Good for him and I hope he does well ... I don't dislike the guy, I just didn't want him coaching our team

msstate7
01-15-2020, 08:36 AM
Good for him and I hope he does well ... I don't dislike the guy, I just didn't want him coaching our team

My only problem with him before the egg bowl postgame rant was that he's a terrible coach. After telling us F you, F him too. I hate Oregon anyway

Gutter Cobreh
01-15-2020, 08:53 AM
Talk about a loss of identity for Oregon..... they've had 3 different styles of offense in 3 years. Hurry up spread, then a modified pistol last year, and now the rpo then check with me but stay with the same play call because I micromanage system.

The "check with me" system may work better when he's calling plays from the booth as opposed to the sidelines, as it should give Joe a better viewpoint of what the defense is showing. On top of that, he isn't in charge of the program and managing all aspects. He can simply work on scheming the offense, which will give him more time to ensure his next QB doesn't end up with a fractured eye socket from a teammate.

AROB44
01-15-2020, 08:55 AM
I wish him well and hope he is very successful. As for his rants, name me one coach that is on the hot seat and can feel the pressure turned up big time who doesn't lash out. Hell, JWS did at times....I think he quit having his post game call in show because of the criticism. I think Joe is a very good man who became another casualty of the SEC meat grinder.

timotheus
01-15-2020, 09:09 AM
The "check with me" system may work better when he's calling plays from the booth as opposed to the sidelines, as it should give Joe a better viewpoint of what the defense is showing. On top of that, he isn't in charge of the program and managing all aspects. He can simply work on scheming the offense, which will give him more time to ensure his next QB doesn't end up with a fractured eye socket from a teammate.

If he couldn't watch and review film all week on a defensive opponent, I don't see how him sitting in the booth would change anything but you just never know. He will definately benefit from the west coast teams not having the overall team speed on D.

RougeDawg
01-15-2020, 05:08 PM
Well Sloppy Joe should have plenty of rocks to kick and sand to pound being in Eugene. I wish no ill will on him, but his true colors came out after the egg bowl. The typical yankee "I'm better than southerners" attitude came shining through.

Thank you Willie Gay.

DeputyDawg94
01-15-2020, 07:00 PM
Piss on him. After his cry baby EB presser he can kick every rock out there as far as I’m concerned. I don’t wish him well because he set OUR program back a long way and now we have to watch the team climb back out of the hole that he shoved them into.
#RockKicker

was21
01-15-2020, 07:22 PM
Don't think it has anything to do with northerners versus southerners. It has to do with a bruised ego. I wish him well since he ain't our corch anymore and he may have learned a valuable lesson: that his better fit is as an OC not a head corch

Dawg2003
01-15-2020, 07:22 PM
I looked at Oregon's 24/7 board, and they are ecstatic and think he will help them win a natty. It's really funny when you read write ups on him because they always mention his statistics at Penn State but never here. It just gives his win-loss record. You would think that would be a red flag.