PDA

View Full Version : OBJ Handing Cash to LSU Players Last Night

ShotgunDawg
01-14-2020, 09:51 AM
- Laundering money through a children's hospital
- RB gets out of murder
- booster handing cash to players on film

= no investigation, no probation, & 1 natty.

What would happen to MSU if Bracky Brett saw this video & it was an MSU player?

Ari Gold
01-14-2020, 10:16 AM
Will Wade approves this video..

BuckyIsAB****
01-14-2020, 10:18 AM
Louisiana is so all in on LSU it dont matter.

TheLostDawg
01-14-2020, 10:20 AM
Will Wade approves this video..

Haha. They just do it in the open now

BulldogDX55
01-14-2020, 10:20 AM
It's legal.

He just played his last game at LSU and has declared for the draft. He's just kicking off being a pro faster than most.

Cooterpoot
01-14-2020, 10:21 AM
Bracky contacted the NCAA about this. Said he has no proof it's happened here, but wants to turn ourselves in just in case.

Coursesuper
01-14-2020, 10:21 AM
Louisiana is so all in on LSU it dont matter.

You damn right, all in doesn't even come close to how far they will go.

Ezsoil
01-14-2020, 10:23 AM
I doubt Jefferson will ever be in another class as he is probably going to the draft

ShotgunDawg
01-14-2020, 10:23 AM
Just goes to show that we aren't even in the same galaxy of competing with these teams

Dawgology
01-14-2020, 10:31 AM
Bracky Brett would shit his pants and cry in a corner.

Really Clark?
01-14-2020, 10:40 AM
It's legal.

He just played his last game at LSU and has declared for the draft. He's just kicking off being a pro faster than most.

Not saying they will do anything but it?s illegal. He hasn?t declared for the draft yet and was still on the field as a student athlete. If he had declared and signed with an agent then he wouldn?t have been allowed to play in the game.

gtowndawg
01-14-2020, 10:43 AM
Just goes to show that we aren't even in the same galaxy of competing with these teams

Totally agree.

defiantdog
01-14-2020, 10:59 AM
LSU will probably say he gave cash to every player making it sound like a donation.

Ari Gold
01-14-2020, 11:07 AM
Not saying they will do anything but it?s illegal. He hasn?t declared for the draft yet and was still on the field as a student athlete. If he had declared and signed with an agent then he wouldn?t have been allowed to play in the game.

Agree.
And What it basically just did was guarantee Jefferson enters the draft now..
And #13 WR Kirkland is also a jr..
so what does that mean for him??

gtowndawg
01-14-2020, 11:09 AM
We can't even get our NFL players to say Mississippi State on introductions much less dole out cash on the sidelines.

defiantdog
01-14-2020, 11:11 AM
Anyone else notice Lane Kiffin commenting on this tweet

Ari Gold
01-14-2020, 11:16 AM
We can't even get our NFL players to say Mississippi State on introductions much less dole out cash on the sidelines.

This is still so silly..
Go back and listen to OBJ on his intro.. I’m not even sure I understand what he is saying..

Maybe our administration (Bracky) shouldn’t be so iron clad when these ex MSU nfl guys come back home for games...
It’s ok to have a bunch of people on the sidelines ...
Again was told by an active coach last year...
“This is the hardest place I have ever coached to get sideline passes”

RocketDawg
01-14-2020, 11:42 AM
It's legal.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. He's just getting his first legal payment - done on camera for the visibility. That doesn't mean he wasn't paid before, of course.

Really Clark?
01-14-2020, 11:48 AM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. He's just getting his first legal payment - done on camera for the visibility. That doesn't mean he wasn't paid before, of course.

It was NOT a legal payment. If he leaves there is no recourse for the NCAA toward the player but it is still a violation. Whether they push for LSU to disassociate with OBJ or not, I don?t know but it?s still a violation.

AROB44
01-14-2020, 11:53 AM
It was NOT a legal payment. If he leaves there is no recourse for the NCAA toward the player but it is still a violation. Whether they push for LSU to disassociate with OBJ or not, I don?t know but it?s still a violation.

You really don't know.....come on....wake up.

Really Clark?
01-14-2020, 11:59 AM
You really don't know.....come on....wake up.

Already said earlier in the thread ?Not saying that they will do anything?. Already made that declaration.

LibraryDawg
01-14-2020, 12:00 PM
This is still so silly..
Go back and listen to OBJ on his intro.. I’m not even sure I understand what he is saying..

Maybe our administration (Bracky) shouldn’t be so iron clad when these ex MSU nfl guys come back home for games...
It’s ok to have a bunch of people on the sidelines ...
Again was told by an active coach last year...
“This is the hardest place I have ever coached to get sideline passes”

I've seen Boobie thrown off of the sidelines multiple times for not having a pass. It's funny because not long after they throw him off, a student comes running with a pass and hands it to Boobie in front of security and there's nothing they can do.

Lord McBuckethead
01-14-2020, 12:02 PM
I thought it was kind of classless, but that was the point ODBJ was making. Students just made millions of dollars for their school and espn. Yet we are all discussing a 500 dollar handshake as it being taboo. It would have been cooler if he handed them a stack 10k bound 100s to each of the WR. That would have been something. 500 dollar handshake, yep.

Seemed like the shit Don King would do to the fighters.

ShotgunDawg
01-14-2020, 12:35 PM
Another excuse. LSU never does nuffin wrong. Ridiculous. They literally get away with murder

Bracky would’ve gotten to the bottom of this.

I’m not as much upset with LSU as I am our own admin for not letting MSU compete

CadaverDawg
01-14-2020, 12:42 PM
Will Redmond has to sit out the rest of the playoffs because of that video

Political Hack
01-14-2020, 01:07 PM

They gonna suspend him? His time as a student athlete is over.

msstate7
01-14-2020, 01:13 PM
Sorta on this topic, why are the best nfl WRs such idiots? Why would OBJ think this was a good idea?

Really Clark?
01-14-2020, 01:19 PM
They gonna suspend him? His time as a student athlete is over.

Was talking in general not the player. It?s a violation, if/when the player leaves there is nothing they can do to the player. But it?s still a violation. Again, not saying they do anything, but the only options is toward the school and OBJ.

HancockCountyDog
01-14-2020, 01:20 PM
You want to know how we start competing?

When the gosh damn university issues a bullshit statement that everyone knows is a lie, but the university doesn't give a shit. The fact that the university just came out and said it was fake money is tantamount to the school giving everyone double birds while sipping on a hurricane and getting a lap dance at Rick's.

One Team, One Heartbeat indeed.

gtowndawg
01-14-2020, 01:22 PM
Another excuse. LSU never does nuffin wrong. Ridiculous. They literally get away with murder

Bracky would’ve gotten to the bottom of this.

I’m not as much upset with LSU as I am our own admin for not letting MSU compete

Ha ha, fake money. Wish we had the testicles to say something like that.

ShotgunDawg
01-14-2020, 01:30 PM

No chance we would.

We react from a fearful, tell all position

defiantdog
01-14-2020, 01:38 PM
I really don't care that he did that..... I wish we had ex teammates that cared that much to give headphones to the entire team and party after a win. Ain't nothing gonna happen to them and they know it. Either get with the game or get left behind.

StateDawg44
01-14-2020, 01:55 PM
I really don't care that he did that..... I wish we had ex teammates that cared that much to give headphones to the entire team and party after a win. Ain't nothing gonna happen to them and they know it. Either get with the game or get left behind.

Agreed, but...

To be fair, successful ex-players haven't really been given the opportunity to throw a party after a 'big win' or give headphones to the whole team for the playoffs. I guess last year's bowl that we got embarrassed in could've qualified. But honestly, not really.

parabrave
01-14-2020, 02:06 PM
If we did it then we would get the death penalty to show all the other schools the NC$$ means business.

defiantdog
01-14-2020, 02:30 PM
Agreed, but...

To be fair, successful ex-players haven't really been given the opportunity to throw a party after a 'big win' or give headphones to the whole team for the playoffs. I guess last year's bowl that we got embarrassed in could've qualified. But honestly, not really.
OBJ did something similar for the team when they went to a bowl game last year. The guy is 100% LSU. He's like Boobie is for us but with a lot more money.

bobtail bob
01-14-2020, 02:30 PM
The NCAA is toothless and dying at this point. It's in their best interest now more than ever to protect the entities that will bring them in the most cash.I really don't even see the need to be a member of the organization any more as far as having any hope of titles. What are we sending any of our athletic teams out there to get the shit beat out of them for ? For some free money ? In each sport six or eight teams have a chance , the rest are there just to have someone to put on TV to get beat up. If we truly want a seat at the table our school and administration have to be willing to risk giving that up

This situation is Louisiana in a nutshell: Break every ten commandment , disregard every every concept of morality and decency and then rub it in your face. Unless you live among them there is really no way you can conceive any idea of the differences between the average citizen of South LA and MS as a whole. They would step over their dying mother at the chance to steal a new pair of shrimp boots and then laugh about it.

parabrave
01-14-2020, 02:57 PM
The NCAA is toothless and dying at this point. It's in their best interest now more than ever to protect the entities that will bring them in the most cash.I really don't even see the need to be a member of the organization any more as far as having any hope of titles. What are we sending any of our athletic teams out there to get the shit beat out of them for ? For some free money ? In each sport six or eight teams have a chance , the rest are there just to have someone to put on TV to get beat up. If we truly want a seat at the table our school and administration have to be willing to risk giving that up

This situation is Louisiana in a nutshell: Break every ten commandment , disregard every every concept of morality and decency and then rub it in your face. Unless you live among them there is really no way you can conceive any idea of the differences between the average citizen of South LA and MS as a whole. They would step over their dying mother at the chance to steal a new pair of shrimp boots and then laugh about it.

Well they did elect Edwin Edwards multiple times, even after he got out of jail.

DogsofAnarchy
01-14-2020, 07:11 PM
That money in his hand is not fake.

R2Dawg
01-14-2020, 07:18 PM

CBS had a story that said they gave it back later.

Boy the corruption in LSU is lethal. NCAA President has LSU ties; imagine that.

College sports culture is in bad shape. Our institutions have no standards. Pearl gets caught for the 50th time cheating at AU and nothing happens. UNC for academic fraud and nothing happens. LSU did the hat trick and nothing happens.

R2Dawg
01-14-2020, 07:19 PM
That money in his hand is not fake.

So if it is fake isn't that illegal too - spreading counterfeit money? Well not in LA

StateDawg44
01-14-2020, 08:30 PM
OBJ did something similar for the team when they went to a bowl game last year. The guy is 100% LSU. He's like Boobie is for us but with a lot more money.

I realize that. My point was, the Fiesta Bowl is a bigger bowl than the outback bowl.

Not saying our players would give anything if we played in a bowl like that, but it'd be a lot more likely I would think.

Sienfield
01-15-2020, 08:51 AM
Well Tunsil admitted to receiving money from OM on live TV and pretty much nothing happened.

The NCAA isn't interested in players taking money they just focus on recruits taking money

Ari Gold
01-15-2020, 09:25 AM
Well Tunsil admitted to receiving money from OM on live TV and pretty much nothing happened.

The NCAA isn't interested in players taking money they just focus on recruits taking money

The also mainly focus on institutions that have very weak compliance departments. And in weak I mean those that aren’t qualified to be running it..

defiantdog
01-15-2020, 09:39 AM
The also mainly focus on institutions that have very weak compliance departments. And in weak I mean those that aren’t qualified to be running it..
And aren't willing to lawyer up when needed

Dawgology
01-15-2020, 10:13 AM

I wish Leach (who has a JD) could somehow work on this...

ShotgunDawg
01-15-2020, 10:18 AM

Has anyone ever gotten to the bottom of how Bracky has lasted so long at MSU?

Does every president really like the way he does his job?

LC Dawg
01-15-2020, 11:39 AM
In my opinion that video was all about OBJ getting some attention for OBJ. He couldn't let the team celebrate without injecting himself into it. He's an attention whore.

HancockCountyDog
01-15-2020, 11:45 AM
In my opinion that video was all about OBJ getting some attention for OBJ. He couldn't let the team celebrate without injecting himself into it. He's an attention whore.

This times a million. Coach O was trying to give the team a post championship game speech and OBJ wouldn't shut the F up and let the man speak.

Ari Gold
01-15-2020, 11:47 AM

110% true..
Same as booster and kids of boosters at OM..
They want everyone to know they are the reason for OM football success and recruiting success..

RougeDawg
01-15-2020, 03:52 PM
Well, it looks like the LSU athletic department is lying again. Burrow admitted today on a podcast that the money was real. Nothing will happen, especially after the hospital money theft and the FBI catching Will Wade setting up payer payments.

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/joe_burrow_says_he_took_money_from_odell_beckham_j r/s1_127_31052081

GreenheadDawg
01-15-2020, 04:57 PM

Bottom line. He just can't get over himself.

TheLostDawg
01-15-2020, 10:28 PM
Well, it looks like the LSU athletic department is lying again. Burrow admitted today on a podcast that the money was real. Nothing will happen, especially after the hospital money theft and the FBI catching Will Wade setting up payer payments.

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/joe_burrow_says_he_took_money_from_odell_beckham_j r/s1_127_31052081

Yeah I agree. This is small potatoes.
Crazy how when one of our boosters give $100 after a game, we ban them for life.

bobtail bob
01-16-2020, 12:16 AM
Notice how they came with the lie of fake money as soon as the video surfaced ? Their lawyers had that lie ready to go. The garlic breathes latched onto it and perpetuated it I guarantee you this old hat to that program, that's why they did it in the open. The lines is more clearer than ever for the have and have nots. If it can be proven these schools are gaining a financial advantage by cheating, the NCAA needs to be sued on the grounds they are holding certain teams back by selective enforcement. No school has the sack to do it though

Political Hack
01-16-2020, 12:51 AM
Yeah I agree. This is small potatoes.
Crazy how when one of our boosters give $100 after a game, we ban them for life.

Hospitality State.