PDA

View Full Version : Coach O

bgover4
01-14-2020, 12:19 AM
Haha, tsun fired that guy.... I'm sure they will claim that as a championship 😂

Liverpooldawg
01-14-2020, 12:20 AM
watch a coach they fired coach their "real rival" to a National Championship. They have had a rough year. ;)

bgover4
01-14-2020, 12:22 AM
My thoughts exactly

Todd4State
01-14-2020, 12:23 AM
Not just that they had to watch:

Their team go 4-8.
Lose the Egg Bowl. And somehow manage to make an ass of themselves not just nationally- globally.
After they made their "splash hire" to make them feel about "not really losing the Egg Bowl" watched us out recruit them with basically a lame duck coach.
Then watch us make a bigger splash hire.
And then the cherry on top is they got to watch their "real rival" go undefeated with a coach that they fired.

DogsofAnarchy
01-14-2020, 12:23 AM
Ole Miss are legends in their own mind.

defiantdog
01-14-2020, 12:24 AM
Go to hell Ole Miss!

Commercecomet24
01-14-2020, 12:31 AM
I hate ole miss! Watching them suffer is awesome!

Bothrops
01-14-2020, 12:34 AM
Only about 7 programs can do this.

parabrave
01-14-2020, 12:53 AM
OM should've fired him. USC on the other hand royally Fuced up. I wonder if Pat Haydens house has been torched yet.

parabrave
01-14-2020, 12:55 AM
Just wait til Arch chooses LSU over OM. That will be epic.

Maroonthirteen
01-14-2020, 07:10 AM
Orgeron and LSUs story book season is another example of, its about the Jimmy's and Joes rather than the x and Os. And some schools can get nfl talent all over the field and others can't.

Orgeron did learn from his coaching mistakes at OM but he did well at usc and kicks ass at LSU. Also LSU ran the same offense State ran and State couldn't move the ball on any team with a pulse. Burrow and those receivers were a high octane machine.

ShotgunDawg
01-14-2020, 08:03 AM
Orgeron and LSUs story book season is another example of, its about the Jimmy's and Joes rather than the x and Os. And some schools can get nfl talent all over the field and others can't.

Orgeron did learn from his coaching mistakes at OM but he did well at usc and kicks ass at LSU. Also LSU ran the same offense State ran and State couldn't move the ball on any team with a pulse. Burrow and those receivers were a high octane machine.

I disagree

With the same Jimmy's and Joes, LSU was meh last year.

Joe Brady's Xs and Os absolutely made the difference.

Orgeron basically didn't do a damn thing with this team other than get out of the way and motivate.

Lsu is one of maybe 7 teams that can pull off this model because most others can't win a bidding war for the elite assistant coaches it take to win in the model.

The Jimmy's and Joes vs Xs and Os argument is dumb. It take a perfect balance of both to win. It just does. You better have players and they better be well coached.

dawgday166
01-14-2020, 08:09 AM
I disagree

With the same Jimmy's and Joes, LSU was meh last year.

Joe Brady's Xs and Os absolutely made the difference.

Orgeron basically didn't do a damn thing with this team other than get out of the way and motivate.

Lsu is one of maybe 7 teams that can pull off this model because most others can't win a bidding war for the elite assistant coaches it take to win in the model.

The Jimmy's and Joes vs Xs and Os argument is dumb. It take a perfect balance of both to win. It just does. You better have players and they better be well coached.

No argument but ... a Jimmy/Joe at 18 may not be near the same as the same one at 22. They can be developed to much higher levels, as Mullen for sure has shown.

ShotgunDawg
01-14-2020, 08:12 AM
No argument but ... a Jimmy/Joe at 18 may not be near the same as the same one at 22. They can be developed to much higher levels, as Mullen for sure has shown.

But that takes Xs & Os coaching to develop them.

Jimmy & Joe's without coaching will not win at a high level in college football.

dawgday166
01-14-2020, 08:14 AM
But that takes Xs & Os coaching to develop them.

Jimmy & Joe's without coaching will not win at a high level in college football.

That's part of it. The main parts are S&C, Diet, and technique tho over X's and O's.

ShotgunDawg
01-14-2020, 08:33 AM
That's part of it. The main parts are S&C, Diet, and technique tho over X's and O's.

I consider S&C, Diet, & technique all part of Xs & Os. Point being, you better have coaching or you're not going to win

gtowndawg
01-14-2020, 09:27 AM
Nothing sweeter than the tears of Ole Miss.

Maroonthirteen
01-14-2020, 10:03 AM
I agree it takes coaches and players to win a NC. That's why Saban wins NCs at LSU and Bama and not Michigan St.

Which is my point, and going back to the OP, OM could have kept Coach O and brought in Brady this year, they still aren't winning the NC unless they have Borrow, Chase and that OL and entire defense (players). However O at OM would never accumulate that talent without rampant cheating and a probation a few years later.