PDA

View Full Version : Miss. State Women's Basketball....back AP Top 10

jdelta02
01-13-2020, 07:11 PM
Miss. State. moves back into the NCAA Women' Basketball AP Top 10 at #10. Coach Schaefer's squad has been impressive early in SEC play.

Also, South Carolina moves up to #1

R2Dawg
01-13-2020, 09:06 PM
Yes we have been impressive and a big opportunity next week.

jdelta02
01-14-2020, 01:06 PM
High Pressure Defense (Team's bread and butter).....

Coach Schaefer's squad is listed at 11th in NCAA Division 1. Women's Basketball at.....forced turnovers per game

Forced Turnovers per game
Miss. State #11 nationally (22.29 per game)

Also, Xaria Wiggins and JaMya Mingo-Young have been huge off the bench....especially, helping with pressure. Aliyah Matharu has shown flashes of her potential to bring heavy man defensive pressure. Other 2 freshmen...good pressure, and pressure upside. Big key with these youngsters is to keep improving in the defensive fundamentals, discipline, ect....keep getting coached up. It's definitely working.

Dawg2003
01-14-2020, 04:10 PM
South Carolina will be extremely difficult for us to beat because they will kill us on the inside. It's a bad mismatch. We'll get killed on the boards. I could see us losing by 20.

South Carolina is peaking right now and is a NC contender. They embarrassed Kentucky and Arkansas, two of the better teams in the league.

Scared_Hitless
01-14-2020, 04:57 PM
South Carolina will be extremely difficult for us to beat because they will kill us on the inside. It's a bad mismatch. We'll get killed on the boards. I could see us losing by 20.

South Carolina is peaking right now and is a NC contender. They embarrassed Kentucky and Arkansas, two of the better teams in the league.

We will see how it turns out I agree they have been building to this team the last 2 seasons. They looked poised to make another run Dawn is a great coach for sure. Vic will have us ready we may be too young and lack the physicality to deal with them at this stage. Always a chance we shoot the lights out though.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-14-2020, 08:06 PM
AEH must be in Vic?s Dawghouse.... we need her to get out of it.... her and Bibby are the only outside threats we have.