PDA

View Full Version : Need help Bass guys

BeastMan
11-01-2013, 02:57 PM
My folks neighborhood has some lakes with some bass in it. I'm gonna try to catch some. For the month of November, what should I do? Carolina rig soft plastics?

Natedogg33
11-01-2013, 09:11 PM
I'll give you my opinions. If I'm fishing in a small lake or pond I'm going to have a couple shallow running square billed crankbaits, a pop R like topwater bait, a couple small spinner baits and some straight tail finesse power worms. If you've got any wood cover or rocks, throw that crank bait in and around all of it. If the fish are feeding and chasing little baitfish, throw the popper and try to walk the dog with it. The spinnerbait basically will do what the crank does, but I've got more confidence in the crankbait. They also don't see it as often. If this doesnt work, back up and find a little deeper cover and throw the worm on a shakey head.
So long as the weather stays stable and highs don't get into the 50s, the fish should bite. If you're keeping fish, half shell them the way you do your reds and grill them. They are better than the reds. Good luck.

State82
11-04-2013, 08:01 AM
A lot will depend on geographic location. Is it in MS? With weather staying pretty stable like Natedogg said, I would say square bill cranks that typically run 2-4 ft. Buzz baits early or Pop-R's. If course in the fall the ol' tried and true spinnerbaits in natural colors would be good, depending on water clarity. I wouldn't think you would need to be Carolina rigging this time of year but if everything else fails its time to try anything.

BeastMan
11-04-2013, 10:42 AM
A lot will depend on geographic location. Is it in MS? With weather staying pretty stable like Natedogg said, I would say square bill cranks that typically run 2-4 ft. Buzz baits early or Pop-R's. If course in the fall the ol' tried and true spinnerbaits in natural colors would be good, depending on water clarity. I wouldn't think you would need to be Carolina rigging this time of year but if everything else fails its time to try anything.

It's in Madison. Lake doesn't have very good clarity. I'm going to run by academy and get some lures y'all suggested.

Barking 13
11-04-2013, 10:52 AM
What them boys said, but my all time favorite pond bait is a weightless Zoom Super Fluke in Smokin Shad or Arkansas Shiner on a 4/0 or 5/0 gammy EWG offset hook... just throw it by any cover and twitch it a little, pull and drop, slow crawl...

If the water temp is below 50, go golfing...

State82
11-04-2013, 11:24 AM
What them boys said, but my all time favorite pond bait is a weightless Zoom Super Fluke in Smokin Shad or Arkansas Shiner on a 4/0 or 5/0 gammy EWG offset hook... just throw it by any cover and twitch it a little, pull and drop, slow crawl...

If the water temp is below 50, go golfing...

Great bait in the fall. Senkos also.

J-Dawg
11-04-2013, 11:36 AM
I tend to mix in more topwater like these two have said. With it cooling down, I switch from the frog to a Pop-R or hula popper or maybe even a floating Rapala.

But, I'm mainly a worm/lizard guy. They are generally always useful.

Barking 13
11-04-2013, 12:13 PM
If you are all into topwater, don't forget a chug bug or a Sammy.. I've even caught them on top in December on a torpedo.... you can walk a fluke on top too.... I just like a "Fluke" for a pond bait because of the versatility you can cover top to bottom with one rig...