PDA

View Full Version : At this point every game week...

CadaverDawg
11-01-2013, 02:39 PM
my wool starts to grow and I start believing we can somehow break out and play a great game and MAYBE even win. (It's part of being a passionate fan I guess)

Tell me why I'm right this time to feel wooly?

And a follow up....

If we are to win tomorrow, who will be our MVP on offense and defense?

I will go with Perkins on offense. Because I think check downs in the passing game will be crucial vs SC.

I will go with Denico on D. Obviously, his ability to defend the read option is crucial... But also, He had a decent game against UK in the pass rush I thought, and if Chris jones and our DT's can command a double team somewhere, Denico has to take advantage by beating his man on the edge.

CJDAWG85
11-01-2013, 02:53 PM
From a realistic stand point... We match up well with them. We also have the let down spot and it being an early game favoring us. However, we have not shown we can play a full 60 mins and we don't have the experience they have. We are fully capable of winning this game and we are also fully capable of shitting the bed.

sleepy dawg
11-01-2013, 02:54 PM
You are not right. You have the emotional swings of roided up 2 year old going through menopause.

We will lose, and you will be pissed... sooo f*ing pissed.

Political Hack
11-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Offense: Dak
Defense: Preston Smith with 2 sacks and a FF.

Political Hack
11-01-2013, 02:56 PM
You are not right. You have the emotional swings of roided up 2 year old going through menopause.

that dog of yours is really, really sleepy.

messageboardsuperhero
IF we were to win this game, the offensive MVP would have to be Dak.

CadaverDawg

O. K.

Thanks for everything you bring to the discussion.*

CadaverDawg
11-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Offense: Dak
Defense: Preston Smith with 2 sacks and a FF.

Good call on Preston. For some reason I just feel like Denico is going to realize that he only has a few games left to show people he can play in the NFL, so he will really play well. I'm probably wrong on that, just more hoping it than anything. I want 5 star players to see that we put most 5 star guys in the league...but it isn't looking too good for Denico without a strong finish and great combine

bgover4
11-01-2013, 03:09 PM
If we win the D will have to stop the screen passes. Those plays are the only reason SC came back against mizzou. I hope we covered those in the scouting report.

Barking 13
11-01-2013, 03:22 PM
If we win the D will have to stop the screen passes. Those plays are the only reason SC came back against mizzou. I hope we covered those in the scouting report.

yeah, I watched the replay last night... pressure on Shaw and defend the screen

ETA: There were a couple of LB blitzes we needed to pay attention to....

Political Hack
11-01-2013, 03:22 PM
I'm sure we did, and they seemed overly obvious and easy to read to me. With our CB and LBs pursuit followed by how athletic our DEs are, I think we should be able to slow those down. I'm more worried about Davis running right at us, short option routes to their WRs, and Shaw extending plays.

engie
11-01-2013, 03:32 PM
I grow a little optimism every Friday as well, Cadaver...

I just want to see us play hard, smart football for 4 quarters. The scoreboard will work itself out if we can do that much.

BulldogBear
11-01-2013, 03:39 PM
If we win I'd think the MVP would likely have to be:

Offense - Malcolm Johnson (not dropping 3-4 and that would be difference in several key drives by moving chains)

Defense - Jamerson Love (We'll find a way to stop run. Shaw will try to beat us through the air and Love would have to have a big hand in denying that)

So, if we win I think it could be likely that those two make the most difference

sleepy dawg
11-01-2013, 03:39 PM
You word it in such way that I don't want to contribute. It is painful for me to have to come here Saturday afternoons to see you ripping "this and that" apart, then want to have all these hyped up conversations again 6 days later.

Had you simply asked "who will be our MVP on offense and defense", I would've felt more like participating.

That said, how can the Offensive MVP be anyone other than Dak if we win the game?

CadaverDawg
11-01-2013, 03:58 PM
You word it in such way that I don't want to contribute. It is painful for me to have to come here Saturday afternoons to see you ripping "this and that" apart, then want to have all these hyped up conversations again 6 days later.

Had you simply asked "who will be our MVP on offense and defense", I would've felt more like participating.

So me asking for reasons why we will win this week is being negative? Good grief. And if you don't want to see negativity after we look bad, maybe you shouldn't get on a message board. Looks like you are the emotional one today.

That said, how can the Offensive MVP be anyone other than Dak if we win the game?

Now back to the point of the thread before you derailed it. I agree, Dak is the likely candidate, but I could see Perk, Jameon, Malcolm, or somebody like that being the MVP. Dak is a good choice though. Thanks for your input.

CadaverDawg
11-01-2013, 03:59 PM
I grow a little optimism every Friday as well, Cadaver...

I just want to see us play hard, smart football for 4 quarters. The scoreboard will work itself out if we can do that much.

Completely agree

Scared_Hitless
11-01-2013, 04:04 PM
I'm the same way optimistic every Friday, ripe with anticipation then Saturday comes with disappointment. Hopefully this week is different and we have the talent to pull an upset.

Offensive MVP- Dak, score in the redzone moving the ball hasn't been a problem.

Defensive MVP- BMac, stop screens and Davis and we have a very good chance.

This is Dan Mullen's chance prove us wrong.