PDA

View Full Version : David Reeves- UAB DC

Todd4State
01-12-2020, 07:31 PM
This is someone I think we should seriously look at.

He was a Broyles Finalist in 2018.

And the past two seasons his defense has been either first or second in C-USA in scoring defense, run defense, pass defense, total defense, sacks, fumbles recovered, 3rd and 4th down conversion rate, and TFL. The only thing they weren't that great at was intercepting the ball which is kind of random anyway.

As best as I can tell it appears as if he runs a 3-4 like Saban basically.

HoopsDawg
01-12-2020, 08:21 PM
I hope we go 3-4. Tougher to prepare for. I'm nervous about this hire. Got to get it right.

Cooterpoot
01-12-2020, 08:25 PM
Naw USM lit their asses up. He doesn't even really run the defense. Clark runs that defense.

KOdawg1
01-12-2020, 08:33 PM
I hope we go 3-4. Tougher to prepare for. I'm nervous about this hire. Got to get it right.
I really hope we can get Strong. That's another impact hire

dawgday166
01-12-2020, 08:39 PM
I really hope we can get Strong. That's another impact hire

It's certainly a name hire. Not sure the impact would be what everyone thinks. It's been a while since he was a DC and offenses have changed. Maybe I'm wrong and sure hope so if he's the guy.

Santiago
01-12-2020, 08:43 PM
In a 3-4 , that puts guys like Jack Harris, in a better situation?

msbulldog
01-13-2020, 07:35 AM
I have seen it written that Strong and his wife had a bad experience in Oxford when he coached there. He has been mentioned several times in coaching searches at TSUN and that is always brought up. I read in another thread on ED that related that he would not come to Starkville, probably guilt by association.

Dolphus Raymond
01-13-2020, 07:47 AM
I have seen it written that Strong and his wife had a bad experience in Oxford when he coached there. He has been mentioned several times in coaching searches at TSUN and that is always brought up. I read in another thread on ED that related that he would not come to Starkville, probably guilt by association.
Strong does not want to come back to Mississippi. Truth. I hope he will, but I am not overly optimistic.

was21
01-13-2020, 12:40 PM
If he has a mental hang up about the state of Mississippi then he won't get over it...ever...so may as well forget it