PDA

View Full Version : Leach's NFL QB Tree -- 2019 Starters

Getcha_a_Burner
01-12-2020, 01:48 PM
Note that these are just the guys who started a game in the 2019 season. I'd say Leach has the magic touch.

https://i.postimg.cc/MHFWrHGs/Leach-QBs.png

Cowbell
01-12-2020, 02:12 PM
I didn't not realize all these coaches coached under Leach

Cowbell
01-12-2020, 02:13 PM
We have gone from a cab driver to a retired AF pilot.

defiantdog
01-12-2020, 02:15 PM
Dykes, Holgorsen, and Briles were all under him at TT at the same time.

Really Clark?
01-12-2020, 02:20 PM

Aranda as well

Santiago
01-13-2020, 06:06 AM
My hope is MSU develops a coaching tree under Leach, where possibly we have a coach with MS or MSU ties that wants to take over and run the system in the distant future once Leach retires. Have a 20 year run of success.

MetEdDawg
01-13-2020, 06:22 AM
Leach is 58. I could see him staying in the game close to a decade. New place and challenge should be worth 5 years minimum I would think.

Hopefully during that time we can see someone ascend that can be the guy after Leach retires.

smootness
01-13-2020, 12:36 PM
Leach is 58. I could see him staying in the game close to a decade. New place and challenge should be worth 5 years minimum I would think.

Hopefully during that time we can see someone ascend that can be the guy after Leach retires.

He loves coaching. If I had to guess, he'll still be coaching into his 70s.

StarkVegasSteve
01-13-2020, 01:02 PM

That first staff at TTU was a crazy assortment of talent and personalities. Bruce Feldman had a huge write up in The Athletic a few months back that details that staff pretty well. Obviously Dykes, Holgorsen, Aranda, and Riley are the big names. But Ruffin Mcneil was on that staff. Bill Bedenbaugh, who's co-OC at Oklahoma now, was on that staff. Heck, one of our new WR coaches, Dave Nichol, was on that staff.

ShotgunDawg
01-13-2020, 01:11 PM
My hope is MSU develops a coaching tree under Leach, where possibly we have a coach with MS or MSU ties that wants to take over and run the system in the distant future once Leach retires. Have a 20 year run of success.

My guess is that Leach is looking at MSU as his last stop, which works out great for us. Could be at MSU for a decade.

Kiffin on the other hand will look to leave OM ASAP