PDA

View Full Version : Mike Leach I love it!

bulldawg28
01-12-2020, 07:27 AM
Man, he's going to do just fine here! Colored me excited and pirate maroon. He holds no punches. Our players are going to be tough again! Check this interview out.

https://youtu.be/VjoxFIuYXW4

msbulldog
01-12-2020, 07:49 AM
Thanks for posting that, Changed my mind about him as a disciplinarian. The next video is also interesting.

bulldawg28
01-12-2020, 08:05 AM
Thanks for posting that, Changed my mind about him as a disciplinarian. The next video is also interesting.

Everything the guy says is interesting.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-12-2020, 08:37 AM
On the one hand, I think most coaches are like this they just keep those statements away from the media to shield their players from blame.

On the other hand, after Joe "we had a good 3 weeks of practice leading up to our blowout loss vs a bad UL team" Moorhead I'm so stoked that hes for sure not taking any crap. Call out the players. Maybe the public shaming will encourage them to do better more so than just behind closed door punishments would

HRTFXR
01-12-2020, 08:47 AM
If I were an AD, I would hire this guy based on this one video clip alone...

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-12-2020, 08:58 AM
If I were an AD, I would hire this guy based on this one video clip alone...

I'm pretty sure his zero filter mouth is why big schools wont hire him. I mean in this one clip he almost tore into the refs lol, and at TTU he got in hot water because snowflakes got offended at the fat little girlfriends comment. ADs are terrified they'll have a PR storm and have to fire a coach at a bad time of the year. Also, at TTU he could have saved his job if he just apologized but hes too principled to cowtown to BS. ADs are terrified of that stuff

Fortunately though, we have an AD with balls who went out and got the best football coach he could get.

R2Dawg
01-12-2020, 09:54 AM
Man, he's going to do just fine here! Colored me excited and pirate maroon. He holds no punches. Our players are going to be tough again! Check this interview out.

https://youtu.be/VjoxFIuYXW4

I'm with you; more I see the more I see he is the right guy for job. It may take him a year or so to reverse the culture but if he just is himself, I can handle a loss when the coach has that type of response. From what I remember about watching his teams is they were tough. MSU has been tough but softened under Joe.

Better days are coming. His thinking once it permeates to players will make us a winner.

I think John & Keenum saw flaws with Joe but had to let it play out.

IMissJack
01-12-2020, 10:22 AM
My favorite quote from the Leach clips I have seen is for his coaches..."You are either coaching it or allowing it..."

dawgday166
01-12-2020, 10:33 AM
When I read his book I was surprised because he reminds me a lot of Bear with him philosophies.

Commercecomet24
01-12-2020, 03:36 PM
Country club days are over boys. Great thing about that though is Leach is teaching them to be men not just football players. Responsiblity, accountability and discipline. Our players can't have a thin skin cause he's gonna hurt their feelings and he don't care if he does! The ones that buy in will be much better for it!

dawgday166
01-12-2020, 03:39 PM
WSU fan over on SPS is answering questions. Someone asked him about Leach's track record producing WRs and what his philosophies are. WSU fan say if they can block and catch they'll be alright. Otherwise they'll be sitting on the bench and a walk-on will be playing.

Loved hearing that.

RocketDawg
01-12-2020, 03:47 PM
I'm pretty sure his zero filter mouth is why big schools wont hire him. I mean in this one clip he almost tore into the refs lol, and at TTU he got in hot water because snowflakes got offended at the fat little girlfriends comment. ADs are terrified they'll have a PR storm and have to fire a coach at a bad time of the year. Also, at TTU he could have saved his job if he just apologized but hes too principled to cowtown to BS. ADs are terrified of that stuff

Fortunately though, we have an AD with balls who went out and got the best football coach he could get.

I like his non-PC mentality. Tell it like it is. Spurrier did that too.

Percho
01-12-2020, 04:08 PM

Someone needs to do a side by side of that vid with one of Terry Powell. Very similar

ShotgunDawg
01-12-2020, 04:23 PM
My favorite Leach moment

https://twitter.com/EvanClosky/status/925175420214898688?s=20

Dogbone
01-12-2020, 04:32 PM
Gotta love the Pirate! Thanks, that was a great video.

Cowbell
01-12-2020, 05:28 PM
My favorite Leach moment

https://twitter.com/EvanClosky/status/925175420214898688?s=20

Haha I hope Tyler Horka uses his same crap on Leach that he tried to pull on Morehead. Leach is going to make him look like a fool.

DeltaChicagoDog
01-12-2020, 05:54 PM
Haha I hope Tyler Horka uses his same crap on Leach that he tried to pull on Morehead. Leach is going to make him look like a fool.

Say what you will about Horka, he certainly has his faults, but he's the one media person who even came close to holding Moorhead to account while he was the sitting head coach. One media member would say things on his show but never to Joe's face, while another did virtually nothing but paint sunshine about CJM and then turn around and crap on "a certain segment of the fanbase."

Dolphus Raymond
01-12-2020, 07:04 PM
I wonder how many players he will have to run off? So be it. If he has to run some off, then just get it done because I do not ever want this team to again teeter on the edge of being out of control. I bet no one will dare skip bowl practice again. I’m venting here, but when I heard about that, I knew we had to make a change at the top sooner rather than later.

Coursesuper
01-12-2020, 07:47 PM
Country club days are over boys. Great thing about that though is Leach is teaching them to be men not just football players. Responsiblity, accountability and discipline. Our players can't have a thin skin cause he's gonna hurt their feelings and he don't care if he does! The ones that buy in will be much better for it!

Definitely going to see some attrition with this current bunch. I just hope some here don't wig out when it happens, because it's coming.

Commercecomet24
01-12-2020, 07:51 PM
Definitely going to see some attrition with this current bunch. I just hope some here don't wig out when it happens, because it's coming.

Exactly. He's gonna run some off and we need to accept as necessary. We cannot keep players that can't toe the line. Joe let them run wild and that was his biggest problem, in fact I consider that a much bigger issue than his crappy offense

Coursesuper
01-12-2020, 07:57 PM
Exactly. He's gonna run some off and we need to accept as necessary. We cannot keep players that can't toe the line. Joe let them run wild and that was his biggest problem, in fact I consider that a much bigger issue than his crappy offense

The lack of control is more of why he got let go than anything else. You could see it from a mile away.

Commercecomet24
01-12-2020, 07:59 PM
The lack of control is more of why he got let go than anything else. You could see it from a mile away.

Yep it was embarrassing and sad.

ShotgunDawg
01-13-2020, 12:40 PM
I didn't realize Leach was in Friday Night Lights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBxe3cprocQ

trojandawg
01-13-2020, 03:08 PM
far cry from out last coach that says you can't coach effort. that's bull.